Start by marking “Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)” as Want to Read:
Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)

Claimed by the Horde King

(Horde Kings of Dakkar #2)

She broke their laws. Now, he has come to punish her…

In my human settlement on the hostile plains of Dakkar, I am an outcast, a strange girl orphaned since birth, alone, and dreaming of a life I don't have. I hunt to survive, though it is forbidden, though it breaks the strict Dakkari laws that we all must follow.

When my desperate actions catch the attention of a Dakka
Published December 24th 2019

Start your review of Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4 Smut Scale Stars

Everyone said they enjoyed this one even more than the first one...and while I can't claim to have loved it any more (maybe all those comments got me expectations too high, who knows), I can say with a lot of happiness that I loved it just the same - which is a win in my book, being that I really loved the first one.

This one picks up with the story of the horde king we met at the end of book one and it was just as delicious as I hoped it would be. I really liked the heroine in
Giorgia ~ Reads
4.5

I loved this one. Even more than the first one.

Firstly because I'm a sucker for a good barbarian type of romance book. (Khal Drogo really did a number on me lol)

I loved the main characters and their thought process if that makes sense. There was nothing too dramatic about it as we sometimes find. Their actions made sense, their mistakes made sense and the love that eventually grew made sense regardless of the whole “destined” for each other part.

I’m really impatient to read the next one.
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
5 STARS!!
Being in love was a luxury few experienced.
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED!

Zoey Draven took hold of my heartstrings almost from page 1 and didn't let them go until the last. I swear, I read this one constantly on the verge of tears. I'm such a sucker for a strong, yet hard-done-by heroine.

Then add in an 'impossible love' scenario and I was done for.
I wanted to give her everything. I wanted to care for her, to protect her, to shield her from this life.
Seerin and Nelle wer
Phuong ✯
2020 the year I'm developing amnesia.. why do I even bother writing reviews when half of them stay in the draft and I forget about them 😂

#1 Captive by the Horde King ↠ 3 stars
#2 Claimed by the Horde King ↠ 4.25 stars

"I'll take your 'maybe,' demon king," I said softly to him. "Because maybe you'll realize yu can't let me go. And maybe I'll realize that I don't want you to."

This book was soo good! I love it so much more than the first book, mainly because I love the heroine so much more! The s
Isabella. R
4 Demon King Stars ⭐

I need to mention that I'm not a sex fiend, but I seriously require steamy scenes in my romances. I recently came across a term on social media that resonated with me. And it was exactly how I felt while reading Claimed by the Horde King.

BANGXIETY ~ When you are 65% into a romance and the main characters haven't had sex yet and you start to worry that you might be reading a 'clean romance'.

Honest to god, if I wasn't so invested in this story, I would have called it a day. But
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I'm loving this world the author has created. Sometimes I forget that this is an alien world I'm reading about. It's in every page, but the writing just sucks me in with these characters that everything just seems natural.

I love the whole idea of a warrior alien king falling for a human female. Humans are much weaker but these horde kings are learning that the female spirit is as strong as their hordes. In fact, the heroines are one of the reasons I'm enjoying this series when it's usually the
AvidReader
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was impossible for me to not compare this one with the previous book in the series, as I absolutely loved that one. Glad to say I loved Claimed by the horde king even more!
First of all characterization is bomb! Loved the heroine who is different and doesn’t hold a grudge. I loved her grit, determination and strong spirit. Hero was so good. He made mistakes but owned up to it and wasn’t afraid of groveling. An alpha and a damn good ‘Vorakkar’!
He knew what a special woman heroine was and worked
Rachel Lyons
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For anybody who has not read this two book series, you really should. It's very creative and the world this author has created is imaginative, wonderful and comes to life. I loved the first book and was hoping I would love this one just as much and I did. Seerin and Nelle were great and it was an awesome story. ...more
Indelicate Reviews by DD
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, reviewed-2019
I admit it....I squealed when I got notice this book was "now available". Lol!

Let us start with Seerin. Dominate, loyal, dedicated, true leader, sexy as sin.... need I say more or have you already added this to your TBR?! With book 2 we get to see the side of a leader who came from absolutely nothing to being a leader of a horde. Seerin is finding it difficult to not put his horde and their desires/needs first. Putting his wants first is unknown to him yet when Nelle comes into his reach.....his
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4.5 Stars

“You call me a demon,” he said quietly,“because you believe I am stealing your soul away. But I already told you, Nelle, that if I am a demon, then so are you. Because you are stealing more of mine right at this moment.”

I didn't liked the first book in this series very much because of the heroine and I was a bit skeptical this one is going to be the same, that maybe this author has a pattern regarding the females h in her stories , but I was wrong and I am glad I gave this a try.

Th
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)

This book definitely didn’t disappoint, I loved the first book a lot but I think this one might have been even better and I bloody devoured it.
So this has a sci-fi setting the planet of Dakkar but doesn’t feel that way at all it has more of a barbarian warrior vibe to it.
The Hero here we met briefly at the end of the previous book and he is the Vorakkar of his Horde.

On this fascinating alien world humans are the refugees with strict laws to control them and they have to abide by these laws with
Sometime
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow! This was good. I really love a sexy alien story. I liked this book even more than the first. (You could read this without having read the first, but they're both good so do yourself a favor and just read them both)

Nelle has been caught hunting and must be punished by the Horde King when he comes to her village. He sees something in her that tells him she will be his so he takes her back with him to his horde. Most of the book is an exploration of their relationship. She's a human, he's Dakk
Izzie d
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alien, arc
Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar Book 2)

This is really good story.
We met the Hero of this book in the previous book as he travelled via an area the couple from that book were in.
The heroine in this book is strong and has to care for herself for some time.
The Hero has very different circumstances to the Hero from book 1 who had a heritage of leading a Horde.
I don't want to reveal the Hero's history or even his name, which is sacred to his people, as it's part of the beauty of the
Julia
Seline
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Same level of enjoyment as the first book. I liked both Seerin and Nelle. I also would love to read more books from this series if there was any ones to release at a later date.
tiffany
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
omg, i love this even better than the first. Seerin and Nelle's love for each other was incredible. didn't want their story to end. ...more
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Loved it!! This series is so good!! I liked this one a little bit more than the first one, and that’s saying a lot since I loved that one too. This book is going straight to my favorites of 2020.
Stacie
5 "Demon King" Stars!

Fantastic! I absolutely loved every bit of this story. Very character and circumstance driven. A bit of a slow burn. I adored Nelle. I really liked Seerem, but Nelle carried this one to 5 stars for me. Even better than the first one! Happy reading!
Jam
4 sweet with a nice serving of angst stars!

I really enjoyed this book! I was nervous going into it because I really didn’t like the first book. Actually I don’t think I even finished it...

But I think the reason I liked this book (compared to the first one and similar stories) is because the romance wasn’t built on a house of smut. Despite it being... yknow... aliens it was an actual romance!
Nelle and Seerin fell in love based on conversations, chemistry, getting to know each other and all that
Niki
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, a great second installment to this series.

I think Nelle might be one of my favorite FMCs. She was so tough and resilient. She never backed down, stood up for herself and her worth. I think she was autistic, but she was so honest and real. God, Seerin was sexy, strong, and deep. He sacrificed so much, but when it came to his thissie he couldn't say no. She had his soul. This was a great love story.
Somia
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku-books, sci-fi
3 Firm Stars

This is a slow burn romance, and I have to say I did enjoy seeing the relationship develop between Dakkari Horde King (aka Demon King aka Seerin) and human Nelle. Both know what it is like to feel like outcasts, both have felt the sharp fingers of hunger clawing at their stomachs, and both in each other find the unexpected.

As a Dakkari Horde King, Seerin, knowns his first obligation is to the horde, but when he comes across Nelle, who is breaking the laws of his people, he finds his
Jacqueline J
Enjoyed this quite a bit. Pretty decent world building and not just an excuse for some Mars Needs Women sex. There were a few things that didn't seem too well thought out but they didn't really take away from the story. This is the second book in the series and I followed along easily since the stories are just on the same planet but different couples. The hero had a tail which was mentioned once and never again. It should have just been left out.

I liked the politics of the horde structure and h
Renee Nicole
Nov 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited

Give me mooooore alien sex!

description

Everyone says this book is better than the first, but I'm a contrarian. I don't think it was better, but it was still enjoyable. There was a lot more angst in this one, and also less... boffing. Which is why I'm here, lets be honest.

Still, I like these stories of the Drakkari, and I'd totally read more if she writes them.
Bee
3.5 STARS

This was in some ways better than the first book, but in some not. The heroine here was unbelievably amazing, I loved her so much! Exactly how I personally love them: soft but hella strong without being unbearably annoying. My issue was the hero (boring guy) and the lack of chemistry between the main characters (tragic). Also, this wasn’t as steamy as the first book.

But a really enjoyable read, nonetheless. I’m very keen to read more books about the Vorakkars, so I hope a third book is
Ria
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Although it’s not as good as the first one I still loved it.
Definitely worth a read!

Ps- the Hero is so swoon worthy!

3 1/2 stars.
Victoria
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.0 RATING - Another enjoyable read. A series I'll stick with.
Villains Do It Better
4 Alien Stars!

I'm loving this series and I need the next one already! I like how both of the stories were actually different from each other with different plots and we also had 2 POVs in this one too. I also liked both of the MCs a lot, especially the heroine and her curiosity, it got a lot of our questions answered. The romance in this wasn't as good as the first one in my opinion though. There was a bit too much push and pull, up until like 80%, so that was a bit annoying. The word "rasped" w
Danielle (Danniegurl)
I felt like this book was better but entirely too long. By the 70% mark I was bored and it wasn’t picking up at all.

Luckily the times I thought things were going to go an annoying way they didn’t so that was nice. But this was very slow and we didn’t get to see them in a relationship really like we did the couple from the last book.

Overall the book was much better written than the last one and I liked the FMC’s personality. But overall there wasn’t a ton of conflict except within themselves.
 ⚔Iru⛓nía⚔
Both MC were awesome (the heroine even more so) although something was missing

• A Fairbanks Affair (Odds-Are-Good, #3)
  • #HEA: Happily Ever After (GearShark #6.5)
  • The Power (Titan, #2)
  • Ravaged Captive (Wren's Song, #4)
  • Barbarian's Tease (Ice Planet Barbarians, #16)
  • The Forbidden Man
  • Aiden (A Next Generation Carter Brother #2)
  • Detour (Getaway, #5)
  • Choosing Theo (Clecanian #1)
  • Chosen by a Beast (Hearts of Stone, #1)
  • War of the Dragons (Dragon-Born Trilogy #4)
  • Possessed (Raider Warlords of the Vandar, #1)
  • Across Time (Parallel, #3)
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • Holiday Bride (Wolf Brides, #4)
  • The Commander's Captive (House of Kaimar #1)
  • The Monarch's Mate (House of Kaimar #2)
  • Christmas in the City
Zoey Draven loves to read about hot, insatiable, alpha aliens and loves to write about them even more. She is the author of the Warriors of Luxiria series.

Sign-up for Zoey Draven's Mailing List for exclusive giveaways and new release announcements: http://bit.ly/2lkn8M4

Horde Kings of Dakkar (3 books)
  • Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #1)
  • Madness of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar #3)