Start by marking “Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)” as Want to Read:
Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)

Claimed by the Horde King

(Horde Kings Of Dakkar #2)

She broke their laws. Now, he has come to punish her…

In my human settlement on the hostile plains of Dakkar, I am an outcast, a strange girl orphaned since birth, alone, and dreaming of a life I don't have. I hunt to survive, though it is forbidden, though it breaks the strict Dakkari laws that we all must follow.

When my desperate actions catch the attention of a Dakkari
Kindle Edition
Published December 24th 2019

Start your review of Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
Indelicate Reviews by DD
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2019, 5-star
I admit it....I squealed when I got notice this book was "now available". Lol!

Let us start with Seerin. Dominate, loyal, dedicated, true leader, sexy as sin.... need I say more or have you already added this to your TBR?! With book 2 we get to see the side of a leader who came from absolutely nothing to being a leader of a horde. Seerin is finding it difficult to not put his horde and their desires/needs first. Putting his wants first is unknown to him yet when Nelle comes into his reach.....his
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I'm loving this world the author has created. Sometimes I forget that this is an alien world I'm reading about. It's in every page, but the writing just sucks me in with these characters that everything just seems natural.

I love the whole idea of a warrior alien king falling for a human female. Humans are much weaker but these horde kings are learning that the female spirit is as strong as their hordes. In fact, the heroines are one of the reasons I'm enjoying this series when it's usually the
AvidReader
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was impossible for me to not compare this one with the previous book in the series, as I absolutely loved that one. Glad to say I loved Claimed by the horde king even more!
First of all characterization is bomb! Loved the heroine who is different and doesn’t hold a grudge. I loved her grit, determination and strong spirit. Hero was so good. He made mistakes but owned up to it and wasn’t afraid of groveling. An alpha and a damn good ‘Vorakkar’!
He knew what a special woman heroine was and worked
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4.5 Stars

“You call me a demon,” he said quietly,“because you believe I am stealing your soul away. But I already told you, Nelle, that if I am a demon, then so are you. Because you are stealing more of mine right at this moment.”

I didn't liked the first book in this series very much because of the heroine and I was a bit skeptical this one is going to be the same, that maybe this author has a pattern regarding the females h in her stories , but I was wrong and I am glad I gave this a try.

The
Izzie d
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, alien
Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar Book 2)

This is really good story.
We met the Hero of this book in the previous book as he travelled via an area the couple from that book were in.
The heroine in this book is strong and has to care for herself for some time.
The Hero has very different circumstances to the Hero from book 1 who had a heritage of leading a Horde.
I don't want to reveal the Hero's history or even his name, which is sacred to his people, as it's part of the beauty of the
Julia
Stacie
5 "Demon King" Stars!

Fantastic! I absolutely loved every bit of this story. Very character and circumstance driven. A bit of a slow burn. I adored Nelle. I really liked Seerem, but Nelle carried this one to 5 stars for me. Even better than the first one! Happy reading!
Victoria
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.0 RATING - Another enjoyable read. A series I'll stick with.
Somia
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, ku-books
3 Firm Stars

This is a slow burn romance, and I have to say I did enjoy seeing the relationship develop between Dakkari Horde King (aka Demon King aka Seerin) and human Nelle. Both know what it is like to feel like outcasts, both have felt the sharp fingers of hunger clawing at their stomachs, and both in each other find the unexpected.

As a Dakkari Horde King, Seerin, knowns his first obligation is to the horde, but when he comes across Nelle, who is breaking the laws of his people, he finds his
 Rosebud
An orphan and outcast, Nelle survives on the fringes of her village hunting and scavenging to survive but more often than not going to bed hungry.

Despite knowing hunting is forbidden by Dakkar law, punishable by death, Nelle nonetheless ventures into the Dark Forest harvesting a grounder with her bow and arrow. Bad luck seems to follow her when her actions are witnessed by the very horde charged with punishing lawbreakers.

Dakkar law has been broken. The Vekkiri lawbreaker identified. All
Jodie
I really liked the first in the series - so I was excited to read this one. I really like this author. She writes simple, easy reading romance :)

This started well. Unlike the first novel though, this one alternated between Nelle and the Horde Kings POV - a format that took some getting used to. I think the problem with that, is that on the Horde Kings side it felt too insta-love, but anyways. I also found Nelle’s speech too formal... I struggled to connect with her.

I probably didn’t really sink
Lisa Latten
Aug 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: look
BAK
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

Finally a change of pace for SFR. So many have been putting out dark SFR or books where there is no love between the couple and the h fights the H lately. NOT THIS ONE! Thank gosh! Sure, they had their little ups and downs to add some action to the story. And Seerin struggled with the whole Nelle versus the horde decision because his friend is a jerk. But Nelle actually wanted Seerin! It was such a nice Change for the h not to be cruel to the H or not want him.
It
Viollar
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This Series is like candy - sweet and addictive. Once you finish one, you can't wait to unravel the next one.

5 Demon stars!
mara0b
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
nobody talk to me while I go cry about this book and all the feels it gave me (despite being slightly too macho and hetero)
Raxa
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE IT!! Slow burn it was yes but it is WORTH IT!

I love the heroine because her character encouraged much much empathy from me. Like so much. She was so meek, reserved, curious and so shy that watching her bloom in a new culture, in a new world, gaining new skills, gaining confidence, gaining friends was such a relief for me to read through.

description

The angst. The bitter bitter angst was all the more worth it because (for me) the hero pulled through. And won back my love that’s for sure in the final
Yael Shalom
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I liked the first book in the series but this book I liked even more ! The emotions of the characters - happiness, hope, regrets, passion , fears and love, were written very good , and I really empathized with Nella and Seriine .
The book is written from two pov's and I find it very touching .
Nella was a lovely character! Logical and honest, sensitive but strong. I really liked all her choices throughout the entire book. And Seriin should have used his tail more ... but otherwise he
Darcy
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, 2019, sci-fi, romance
This one was very much a slow burn romance, but it worked for these characters. Nelle was learning about the Horde and the Horde King was learning that so many things were not what he thought they were. Both of them had their eyes opened, both of them were hurt by people that shouldn't have hurt them. But by the end everyone was where they should be, happy living their lives.
TJ
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the only the second book of Zoey Draven’s that I have read but I think I am hooked! It’s a Sci-fi romance - strong on the romance, lighter on the Sci-fi - that is tightly written, deeply emotional and thoroughly addictive!

It ended a bit abruptly, without all the ends being tied up as nicely as I would have liked (Seerin’s second in command needed to suffer! And, we didn’t get to see the baby!!) Still, anyone who enjoys richly penned relationships that make your heart thump, ache and
KathyB
Great addition to the Horde Kings of Dakkar series. I liked this story a lot, the slow build relationship between Seerin and Nelle was great. This couple had some serious issues, but I enjoyed seeing them work through their problems. The world building is very well done, definitely one of the highlights.

Overall this was a winner, I'm looking forward to reading more.

4.25 Stars
Marilicious
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Nelle got me in the feels
RNDK
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh my, this 2nd book is even better than the 1st.
Loved the characters.
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 4.5 'Thissie & Demon King' HEARTS! <3

Admittedly, the first book in the series was a random selection for me, however I am so glad I picked it up as it become a quick favourite. Claimed by the Horde King is no different, Ms. Draven's writing captivating and brilliantly balancing action, romance, and thrill. In what feels like a long time, I have finally found an alien romance that is truly well-written and not just a euphemism for "all sex no plot". Now, I am waiting with bated
Skylar
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this trope! A good addition to a great series. Unfortunately, there was way to much push for this girl...but the perfect amount of grovel helped make up for it.
Lori
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cassandra Martin
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all of Zoey Draven's work, and this one is no exception! Her world building is amazing, and I can clearly see the world she is describing in her book in my mind.

Zoey writes fantastic over protective alpha males as her heroes. Her heroine are all unique, but all contain very real inner strength, Nelle was no exception.

This was an excellent book I had a hard time putting down. Can't wait to see where the author takes us next!

Limecello
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
Huh. I was curious when I saw I'd rated book 1 2 stars, and read my review. I'm happy to say a lot of the issues I had with the first book are addressed/aren't issues here.

I do feel slightly uncomfortable with the hero taking a human wife - although I'm guessing that's going to be the trend for the whole series. [What's wrong with taking a wife/queen of his own race, Draven?! :P]

ANYWAY - I liked that this book addressed the difference between ... species? Like how it would be a problem, the
Space Cowgirl
Kakkari's Light

ADULT Alpha Alien Male Romance and Adventure.
The Dakkari King comes to the village where the outcast young human woman Nelle lives. The King knows the human men have been hunting game animals against the law, but they are starving! The human villages are supposed to get ration drops from space but they haven't come. They hunt out of necessity.

The Horde King observes Nelle hunting a small animal and killing it with her bow during the night. The next morning he has her taken into
Peggy M
After reading and loving the first book of the ‘Horde Kings of Dakkar’ series, I was very happy that I could read the second book immediately after it. Just like the first story ‘Captive of the Horde King’, I loved this story very much. Do you have to read the first book before this one? I don’t think you really have to, the writer explains things in the second story very well but I do think that you get more out of the story if you start at the beginning of the series.

Unlike the first story,
Snow
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
damn, this was good...
I'm not much into "aliens" as characters, so honestly I had to overlook the physical description of the H (LOL, yeah don't laugh too long, it took a huge mental practice to do that), BUT this was so well written, I easily got overwhelmed by the story and its characters...

in short, this is a crossing of Kristen Ashley's Fantasyland, Laura Thalassa's books (The Four Horsemen) and Grace Draven's Radiance...so make your pick, if any of the mentioned books was up to your
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Chosen By A Beast (Hearts Of Stone, #1)
  • The Monarch's Mate (House Of Kaimar, #2)
  • Krygor's Hope (Braxians, #3)
  • Shadow Assassin (Galactic Order #7)
  • Penny's Protector (Icehome #10)
  • The Commander's Captive (House Of Kaimar, #1)
  • Rekker: Warlord Brides (Warriors of Vaznik #1)
  • Untamed Hunger (The Infinite City, # 3)
  • When She's Married
  • Caveman Alien’s Enemy (Caveman Aliens, #10)
  • A Son for the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #2)
  • Mark of Eon (Eon Warriors, #5)
  • Crex (Captured by Aliens #2)
  • Callie's Catastrophe (Icehome, #9)
  • Heart of the Agraak (The Mate Index #9)
  • The Pet Project
  • Interstellar Human Petting Zoo (Possessive Aliens, #2)
  • Best Friends (New Species, #15)

Horde Kings Of Dakkar (2 books)
  • Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings Of Dakkar, #1)