Start by marking “Dance With Me” as Want to Read:
Dance With Me

Dance With Me

With an ever-growing readership awaiting each book, Luanne Rice demonstrated her bestselling prowess in 2003. Safe Harbor in paperback topped lists from coast-to-coast and August's The Perfect Summer is sure to be the must-have beach read of the season. Now Dance With Me, her most evocative and compelling work to date, confirms that "Rice has an elegant style, a sharp eye, ...more
480 pages
Published (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Dance With Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance With Me

Sid Frost
Nov 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Other reviewers have accurately described Luanne Rice's Dance With Me. What hit me when I read it was the way the author presented the book in the eyes of young, middle-aged, and older people. For example, Margaret Porter, the retired school principal, and mother of Jane and Sylvie, was in the early stages of dementia of some type. Being in her head was some times confusing to the reader, and well it should be.

Then, we get into the head of a 15-year old. But not just any 15-year old. Chloe is a
Jessica
Feb 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2009
I loved this book! I would have given it a five star rating for sure if not for two personal interferences. 1) It wasn't a slow read in that I wasn't interested, but it seemed to take me much longer than other books to get through, and 2) for me, the few scarce sexual encounters were a bit too descriptive, although, much less than some other books I've read. I really connected with the characters, and can't wait to pick up another Luanne Rice book. GREAT READ. Would highly recommend it.
Car
Nov 14, 2007 rated it really liked it
I don't think I will ever know what it feels like to have to give up a child, but I could sense the feelings Jane Porter had about finding her daughter she had to give up as a baby. The relationship between Dylan Chadwick and Jane was a nice one, but Jane was keeping too many secrets. I thought it was very sad the way Jane's mother, Margaret, was always trying to please her daughters, and how they also felt they needed to please her.
Debashree
Sep 09, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
YUCKKKKKKK!!!!!!
Pam
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok read, just nothing particularly special.
Heather
Nov 18, 2011 rated it did not like it
i didn't get very far into this book at all.in fact, i made it to page 13 and had to stop.
i didn't particularly want to read about an aging mother going senile or hearing her say that no matter if you tried or not,mothers always had favorites,or a guy who had lost his wife and daughter in some train accident.the whole thing screamed BORING!
she's one of those authors who are just boring.nothin is funny.you don't laugh out loud,you don't smile. i cant help but wonder if the authors are as stuffy a
Donna
Oct 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is the second Luanne Rice book I have read, and I am thoroughly enjoying her writing. I now want to read all of her books. Dance with Me is about a woman who gave up her child at birth and it explores all the emotions connected with this selfless act. I am an adoptive mother and I can relate to this book thoroughly. I enjoyed it immensely. Luanne Rice writes as if she cherishes family connections.
Laura Miller
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found this a great novel, great mix of love, drama and romance. found it an interesting novel. I enjoyed this story with interesting family, how family is searched for. different relatives and how they relate to each other are well done.
Michele
Nov 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was good and hit close to home as the main character is an adopted child. Hard to put down, easy to read.
Crystal
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Highly recommend.
TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey
Apr 09, 2008 rated it did not like it
Couldn't get into the book. BORING!
Aanu
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I keep coming across novels where the girl whose worst nightmare is getting back after so many years while ghosts of past haunts her - To her small yet beautiful hometown(add to it luscious apple orchards with port/beach nearby), blessed with abundant nature and good-natured people. Only to realize she always belonged there and familial bonds and love is very important and essential. Now that seems lik too much of spoiler.. But yeah,there were some new things which i wouldn't like to share to av ...more
Jana Porter
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
This is a more slow-paced book than my favorites - Daniel Silva espionage thrillers - they keep my interest and become my obsession. This one was read over two weeks, and though I liked this story I only somewhat related to the main character Jane Porter - one letter short of my name - who is a 32 year old New York City baker. Jane as a college student gets pregnant by her boyfriend. Yet Jane's mother, a high school principal, had believed her daughter would become a college English professor, a ...more
Mary
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jane Porter and Dylan Chadwick both return to their hometown in Rhode Island, he to take over the family's apple orchard, and and she, to help her sister to care for and decide what to do about their aging mother. Both are running from the past and feelings of being abandoned. Can they forgive themselves for the mistakes they have made? Can they find a future together? Well written with emotion and likable characters.
Nancy
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jane Porter, Sylvie her sister and their mother, Margaret live in Two Rivers, Rhode Island.
The Chadwicks own an apple orchard there.
Eli,Sharon and their daughter, Chloe live by the orchard which is farmed by Eli's brother, Dylan.
Jane left her famous bakery n NYC to help her family and to find her daughter who was adopted by the Chadwicks.
Loved this author's descriptive writing and nice strong plot. This is the first book of hers that I have read and I hope to read more.
Wanda
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zakochana dziewczyna musi oddać córeczkę do adopcji. Tęsknota do dziecka narasta w niej przez 15 lat. Przychodzi moment nie do pokonania. Trzydziestopięcioletnia kobieta szuka córki, poznaje ją. Powstała więź, która wiąże nastolatkę nierozerwalną więzią uczuciowej przynależności. Teraz następuje to co jest możliwe. Empatia,miłość,zrozumienie. Błąd był pierwszy,ale wszystko jest możliwe gdy próbujesz zrozumieć drugiego człowieka...przeczytaj,polecam.
Cora White
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and I like the author's writing.
Nfloodtularosa.net
Love, life, lessons and family

What a great romantic novel. Not all sweetnesses and light but solid characters and an ending that leaves you feeling hopeful.
Tracy Jaegers
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Another beautifully written story of love and family and forgiving. I loved this story and the feeling that true love can make all things wonderful.
Mai
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ahhh... So satisfying! Beautiful touching story.
Rosalie
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read. It has to be awful to give up a child or have one die. The author did a good job describing it.
Natalie548
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've read of couple of books by this author, and I liked this book very much. It's a story about love, mothers and daughters.
Dorothy Clark
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A well-written look at a family dealing with dementia and a mother who was coerced into giving up her child against her will.
Lee
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet tale of a woman whose decision a number of years ago has haunted her for all that time. Her change of plans impacts a number of people...
Pauline
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved all the characters in this heartwarming tale of love lost and then found again.
Karen
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just a good sweet story.
Jackie Nooyen
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Not one of my favorites from Luanne Rice,
Linda Look
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great story of an adopted child and her birth mother trying to find each other. I rate this a 4.8.
Lexi
Sep 18, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was one I received in a shopping bag full of books from my mother-in-law. It's not my typical fare (I've never been into "women's fiction" or whatever you might call this type of book), but I simply cannot let a book pass through my doors without reading it, so I held onto the book and am finally now getting around to reading it. It was good, a quick read - one of those books that hold your attention while you read them, but forget the plot of almost as soon as you're done.

This book i
Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo
The subject of this book hit close to home for me since I am both adopted and have seen first hand a birth mother struggle with her choice to relinquish her rights to her child. It is not an easy decision and what-if questions are always near the surface. So I drawn to this lovely novel.

I loved the characters, the plot line, and Rice's sensitivity in her telling of the two stories so much that DANCE WITH ME kept me reading nonstop for 10 hours. I felt the pain, joy, tears, and laughter of these

• The Senator's Wife
  • Home for Christmas
  • Don't Tempt Me...
  • The Vineyard
  • Dream Makers: Untamed / Less of a Stranger
  • When I Fall in Love
  • Lady with the Devil's Scar
  • Lover's Lane (Twilight Cove, #1)
  • Dangerous Prey (Morgan's Mercenaries #31)
  • Whispers
  • Home Before Dark
  • The Last Cahill Cowboy (Cahill Cowboys, #4)
  • About Face
  • A New Leaf (Cape Light #4)
  • Someone Like You
  • Kiss Of Death
  • Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul: The Real Deal School
Luanne Rice is the New York Times bestselling author of thirty-two novels including THE SECRET LANGUAGE OF SISTERS, her first YA novel. Five of her books have been made into movies and mini-series, many have been New York Times bestsellers and two of her pieces have been featured in off-Broadway theatre productions. She divides her time between New York City and the Connecticut shoreline.
“In the absence of sisters, we find sisters. In the absence of mothers, we find mothers. In the absence of family, you are my family.’ ” 1 likes
“Jane’s dream had ripped her heart from her chest, as if the past were a lion that could eat her alive.” 0 likes