Start by marking “Life as I Have Known It Has Been Finger Lickin' Good” as Want to Read:
Life as I Have Known It Has Been Finger Lickin' Good

Life as I Have Known It Has Been Finger Lickin' Good

Colonel Sanders - sixth-grade dropout, farmhand (at age 12), army mule-tender, locomotive fireman, railroad section hand, aspiring lawyer, insurance salesman, ferryboat entrepreneur, Chamber of Commerce secretary, tire salesman, amateur obstetrician, unsuccessful political candidate, gas station operator, motel operator, restauranteur.

Then, at the age of 65, a new
Published December 31st 1974 by Creation House (first published 1974)

Be the first to ask a question about Life as I Have Known It Has Been Finger Lickin' Good

Start your review of Life as I Have Known It Has Been Finger Lickin' Good
susie
Aug 06, 2011 rated it liked it
when my sister said this read as if written by Mark Twain, I think she meant Foghorn Leghorn.
Jenne
Jul 29, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nonfiction
This book was like the sort of person where you're talking on the phone, and they're talking and talking, and you put down the phone for a minute and go check your email and get a snack and pick up the phone again and they're still talking.

(However, "Dadgummit!" is kind of an awesome opening sentence. Have to give him that.)
Hannah
Dec 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
What can I say about this book? It is completely unforgettable, fascinating, hilarious, entertaining, outrageous, and inspiring. The first word is "Dadgummit!" and the entire book is written in Sanders' unmistakable dialect. Perhaps if I simply copy the text on the back cover, you will understand the appeal:

"Tire salesman, restauranteur, motel operator, aspiring lawyer, army mule-tender, insurance salesman, locomotive fireman, gas station operator, sixth-grade drop out, farmhand (at age 12),
Graeme
Sep 10, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: ridiculous
I will never look at Kentucky Fried Chicken again without thinking, "Huh, who knew that a self-described Amateur Obstetrician would write a memoir with such an unfortunate title?"
Melissa
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food, memoir
Ok, so I will admit that I was hoping there would be the secret herbs and spices blend hidden somewhere in this book. Or even some kind of recipe. But alas, there wasn't. But it was still interesting and considering Mr. Sanders himself wrote it at 83 years of age and having only a 6th grade education, it was a pretty good book.

Sanders describes his entire life from when he was a boy and left home at the age of twelve, all the way up through the time that he is writing the book. He seems to drift
André Bueno
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autobiography
Sixth grade dropout, tire salesman, motel operator, army mule-tender, gas station operator, railroad section man, political candidate, and the man behind the KFC business. While the path was not clearly cut, a designed with suxh precision, at the young age of 65 he decided to start his own business by selling his recipie to the public. This was a story of passion, humor, and good old hard work.
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
"I just believed that any failure I had gave me the opportunity to start over again or try something new." (Harland Sanders, Life as I Have Known It Has Been Finger Lickin' Good, Page 50)

This is the autobiography of Harland Sanders, the founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC). I laughed out loud as I read this book in many places because of the plainness of which he spoke.

I filed this book under "evangelism" in my Goodreads list because he shares his own testimony of being healed, saved and
Lincoln Forlong
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The is a great short read by Col. harland Sanders regarding his own life.
It's an easy ready with loads of short stories and frequent humour. He writes as he would speak the story in his natural language.
In spite of his many worldly failures and successes, Mr Sanders greatest accomplishment was being gifted forgiveness and eternal life by Jesus Christ at the age of 79 years.
His is a most interesting life story which climaxes with the most wonderful of all possible closing chapter of life when He
David Yamasaki
Even though Colonel Sanders had only a 6th grade education, he still managed to write an excellent account of his life that sucks you in from the very first chapter.
I really enjoyed the book, because like many biographies, it gives you a glimpse at the humble beginnings and numerous failures that lead to ultimate success, and helps give you courage to keep trying even when things aren't going your way.
In this book, you will get a first hand look into the many exciting ventures the Colonel
Amy
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
I think that reading the book jacket gets you the gist as Col. Sanders is all over the place when he writes. Be prepared, it's in his grammar/voice (dadgummit!), so you've been fairwarned. He's held more jobs than teenagers do in one summer, which is part of the reason this was hard to follow. And no, he doesn't give away his secret recipe for the chicken.
Lilly
Jul 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
It felt like Mark Twain ghostwrote this one. The stories were all over the place; it's snippets of the Colonel's life, with very little about KFC itself. That said, it's an interesting tale of a resourceful guy going through the Depression and an innovative businessman. Bonus points for an awesome cover.
Brian Tucker
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
The narrator is all over the place, but I see the connection others have made with Twain. I think this might be one of the more enjoyable memoirs out there. 6th grade education or not, the Colonel writes from the heart and the tales are tall and fun.
Pamela
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a short autobiography that is worth the time to read it. It's written is the Colonels voice, which makes you feel like he is talking to you. Very interesting.
Michael
Jan 04, 2008 rated it liked it
America's foremost fried chicken icon tells his story. An important work for aspring fastfood barons, southern linguists, or anyone who enjoys a well-told yarn.
Athena
Kevin
Sep 24, 2010
Jenny the Great
Nov 04, 2008 is currently reading it
Eat it, Kenny Rogers -- your Roasters have nothin' on this guy.
Inti Willka
Nov 08, 2012
Goodreads Librari...: Update book cover and ASIN 4 13 Jul 31, 2018 12:20PM

• Colonel Sanders and the American Dream
  • Colonel
  • Invader Zim (FCBD 2018)
  • Free Comic Book Day 2018 - Adventure Time with Fionna & Cake
  • FCBD 2019 Grumble vs. The Goon
  • Relay #0
  • My Little Pony: The Art of Equestria
  • The Maltese Falcon
American businessman best known for his chicken restaurant chain Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Sanders held a number of jobs in his early life, such as steam engine stoker, insurance salesman and filling station operator.

He began selling fried chicken from his roadside restaurant in North Corbin, Kentucky, during the Great Depression. Sanders recognized the potential of the restaurant franchising