Start by marking “A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)” as Want to Read:
A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)

A Cowboy to Remember

(Cowboys of California #1)

In this brand-new series from award-winning author Rebekah Weatherspoon, a charming cowboy and his sleeping beauty find their modern-day happily ever after . . .

With a headline spot on a hit morning show and truly mouth-watering culinary skills, chef Evie Buchanan is perched on the edge of stardom. But at an industry party, a fall lands Evie in the hospitalwith no memory
Published February 25th 2020 by Dafina

To ask other readers questions about A Cowboy to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cowboy to Remember

Start your review of A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)
Melike
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, netgalley
This was my first cowboy romance book and also the first book I have read by Rebekah Weatherspoon. I thought it was a charming romance and I devoured it in one day. The main characters Evie and Zach are so cute and likable, so are the rest of the Pleasant gang. We all need a second family like them to swoop in and lift us up at times of hardship and trouble. Zachs grandma Leona, the matriarch of the family was another great character, it was so sweet how much she loved and genuinely cared for ...more
Bethany
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A Cowboy to Remember is a contemporary romance centered on the trope of amnesia, where Evie, a Black woman and famous chef is injured and loses her memory before reconnecting with her childhood crush (a handsome Black cowboy named Zach) who she hasn't spoken to in 10 years.

Unfortunately, I found this book to be remarkably boring with uninteresting main characters and very little in terms of relationship development. This feels particularly glaring since I just read Rafe by the same author
Sharonda Isadora
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, netgalley
All that just for the heroine Evie to get her memory back and leave. man listen.

I loved the idea of this story, black cowboys in California OWNING their own ranchyes more of that please.

BUT, this romance it was boring as the day is long. I read no chemistry between Zach and Evie. I mean for the most part, the sexual tension between them was cute and kind of hot but I just wasnt interested in whether they would end of together.

I feel like the story took a turn to dull and monotonous as Evie was
Lynn Spencer
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its been a while since I read a good cowboy romance, and I was starting to miss them. When I saw A Cowboy to Remember getting buzz on Twitter, it caught my fancy. Friends-to-lovers and second chance at love are my two favorite tropes, and this book has some of both going on in it along with the main amnesia plot. While I occasionally had trouble with the pacing, this novel turned out to be a delightful, lively read.

Amnesia plots are difficult to pull off, but Weatherspoon does an excellent job
Storme Reads A Lot
I requested this book because I really liked Xeni, which was the only other book I have read by this author. I was hoping for a really good cowboy romance, which is one of my favorite things. But this book was not it at all. I just cannot put my finger on what it was, but this book lacks the storyline and characters I expected from Rebekah Weatherspoon. I would suggest reading Xeni, and I have heard good things about Rafe. But this book just falls flat in a lot of places.

This the story of famous
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Living in New York City, Evie is a television cooking star on her way up in the world. But the evening of the shows Christmas party, Evie suffers a terrible accident and wakes with no memory. Desperate to help her, Evies friends reach out to her in case of death contact to see if he can assist in the recovery.

Once close friends, Zach and Evie havent talked in ten years. But when his brother Jesse receives a call that Evie is injured and needs help, he and Jesse jump on the redeye from California
Kazen
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

Oh, how I love this book. The characters are wonderful, the plot has a ton of moving parts that come together perfectly, and don't forget the romance! Listen to me swoon over A Cowboy to Remember in this full video review:

Thanks to Kensington Books for providing a review copy.
Adele Buck
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great start to a new series. Amnesia plots can be super-tricky to pull off, I believe, but this one definitely fell in the "it works" column for me. Evie's character has so many friends (sometimes a little hard for me to keep track of at first, but that's a me problem and not a book problem) that we can easily see how her personality changes while her memories are gone, even though we only spend a very short period of time with her before her accident. It's easy to see why so many people care ...more
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Rebekah Weatherspoon starts off a new series with a charming (see what I did there?) cast of characters. I want everyone to get their own books: Blaire, Jesse, Sam, Lilah, Miss Leona, EVERYONE. The highlight of this first book for me was the female friendships that Evie had and the unconditional support she received from her friends--Weatherspoon is so good at creating community in her books.

However, there were a few things that didn't work for me here.
- Instead of the usual dual POVs of the
Darcy
Mar 07, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, romance, rw, 2020
I think what I liked most about this one was Evie finding herself again. After loosing her memory she was forced to go home and go to know people she hadn't really spoken to in a long time. It was different for them all this time around because things were familiar and not, at the same time. I liked how she and Zach dealt with their attraction and how Evie embraced the whole family, sort of like a shy deer.

Things really changed after she got her memory back and she could look at her life before
I received an advance copy from the publisher via Netgalley for review purposes. This in no way influences my review; all words, thoughts, and opinions are my own.

Content notes:(view spoiler)
Amy (TheSouthernGirlReads)
Ahhhhhhh, a good cowboy romance!

I'm highly anticipating this one.
Isabel ✰
I requested this ARC because I've read almost all of Rebekah Weatherspoon's other books, and I think that for the most part, it's good stuff. A Cowboy to Remember, though, does not rank in the top tier of her works.

The story follows Evie Buchanon, a celebrity chef who loses her memory after an incident, and returns to the ranch she grew up on to recover out of the limelight.

The memory loss plotline really made the romance feel kind of icky to me. Evie reunites with high school crush Zach, but
Erin (roostercalls)
Rebekah Weatherspoons latestabout a celebrity chef getting a second chance with her first love/the titular cowboy after a tumble down the stairs leads to amnesiais unapologetically trope-tastic. What kind of amnesia? Is this a thing that is scientifically plausible, & is that how youd treat it? Who cares!
Sometimes you read a lot of intense books in a row and then just need a book with some kissing. I can see some of my dudes out there thinking this doesnt apply them but Gents, IT DOES. Free
Kini
Mar 31, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The cover is great and it has amnesia as a plot point and is a loose Sleeping Beauty retelling.

Evie is a chef on a TV show that sounded similar to The Chew or an extended hour of Good Morning America. It was descriptive enough for me to imagine Evie on the TV. Evie was a great character. She is injured at a party and wakes up and cant remember anything. Her assistant calls her emergency contact and Zach and Jesse Pleasant drop everything to go to New York and help Evie. They decide to take Evie
Cathy Geha
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Cowboy to Remember by Rebekah Weatherspoon
Cowboys of California #1

Chef Yvonne Buchannan and Zachariah Pleasant are given a second chance to find their HEA in this book that begins a new series by Rebekah Weatherspoon. Evie is a well known chef on a television cooking show who suffers a traumatic brain injury that sees her agent calling the emergency contact she has listed. When Jesse and Zach Pleasant show up in New York to see her through the hospital stay then take her home to their ranch in
Jenica
A Cowboy to Remember follows Evie, a television chef, who through a series of events (aka the most dramatic chapter one) winds up in a coma and wakes up with no real memory of who she is or who anyone else is. Her best friend, assistant, and agent band together to help her figure out what's next but determine they need to call in reinforcements, which is how Zach Pleasant winds up back in Evie's life.

The way the story unfolds is utterly brilliant because we know there was an EVENT that caused
Caitlyn Lynch
Evies living the dream; a successful celebrity chef, star of a popular TV show, she literally has the world at her feet. And then, in the blink of an eye, a shocking accident snatches away her very identity as she wakes up in hospital not even knowing her own name. Fortunately, she has an entire team of awesome and supportive friends around her who are determined to help her get her memory and her career back.

Its hard to say whether I loved the romance at the core of this book or Evies
Laura Dvorak
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This my third book from this author, and I love the versatility she's shown in both plot and characterization.

A COWBOY TO REMEMBER starts off with the heroine, celebrity chef Evie Buchanan, being pushed down a flight of stairs at an industry event. She wakes up with total amnesia, and with no family remaining, one call to Evie's emergency contact brings old friends (and an old flame) back into her life. In order to keep Evie away from the public eye while her memory returns, she returns to a
Smart Women Read Romance
ARC copy provided by NetGalley

I remember reading the blurb when this was first announced - culinary goddess Evie Buchanan has lost her memory and Zach Pleasant, hot cowboy and former childhood crush, sees his chance to make his past wrongs right. I was like, "Oh, she wrote this one for me!" because sexy chefs and hunky cowboys are my jam, and this did not disappoint.

The way that the story unfolds between Evie and Zach is so damn beautiful. Not only does she have the support of the man who
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
So things did not go according to plan because instead of reading 100 pages and moving on to another book, I couldn't put this one down! Between everything going on with Evie (the loss, the assault, the amnesia, oh my), Zach taking the utmost advantage (in the best way possible) of his second chance, and getting to know the Pleasant family - I was utterly engrossed and captivated. Plus, the scandal of Evie's accident, getting to know this family that is rife with Hollywood AND cowboy royalty, ...more
Jessi
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

You can all tell by now that I love, love, love Rebekah Weatherspoon! I was so very excited to receive this ARC of her latest book. As usual with RW, I finished this in a day.

I instantly adored Evie. She's a sassy, smart, driven, yet fun protagonist. Plus, she's a chef, and got her fame from a reality TV cooking show. This is everything I could want for a leading lady.

Zach is a sexy, Californian cowboy. I didn't know
The CurvyJones
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
First time read from Rebekah and I couldn't wait to start  A Cowboy to Remember . I honestly couldn't tell you if I've read a romance where one of the characters suffers from amnesia, so I jumped right in to see if it's a trope I'd like or not.

I have to say that only after reading a couple chapters, Rebekah truly sucks you in with her writing. I simply couldn't stop reading, but I did learn that I'm not really a fan of the amnesia aspect of Evie and Zach's story.

CHECK OUT THE REST OF MY REVIEW
Nicola Short
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Very well written story about second chances. There is humor, romance, family, friends and sexy cowboys. I really loved Miss Leona...what a character!
Overall, a very sweet, emotional story full of like able characters and interesting family dynamics.
Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read this book for my honest review.
The_Book_Queen
For some reason, I simply didn't connect with the characters or care about the story at all. There wasn't anything WRONG with it. This is a case of "It's not the book, it's me". I've loved Rebekah's books before and will do so again. But this one was a bit of a slog and I was just happy to finish and move on to something else.

That cover though? A+
Anne
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hes a cowboy who runs a luxury dude ranch!!!! Shes a celebrity chef! He has a horse named Steve! She has amnesia! Theyre childhood sweethearts who havent talked in twenty years! If that doesnt sell you I dont wanna KNOW you ...more
Alicia (PrettyBrownEyeReader)
This one-chapter preview is a glimpse into this upcoming novel. I have not read the author before but I can see from this preview why her books are extremely popular. The characters and setting are intriguing. I am looking forward to reading the complete novel.

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• House Rules (Uptown, #3)
  • Hearts on Hold: A Librarian Romance
  • Love Hard (Hard Play, #3)
  • Sweet Talkin' Lover (Girls Trip, #1)
  • A Taste of Her Own Medicine
  • The Worst Best Man
  • American Love Story (Dreamers, #3)
  • Just One More
  • Grumpy Jake
  • Mangos and Mistletoe
  • Mermaid Inn
  • A Fake Girlfriend for Chinese New Year (Holidays with the Wongs, #3)
  • A Big Surprise for Valentine's Day (Holidays with the Wongs, #4)
  • The Second Sleep
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
  • One Bed for Christmas (Baldwin Village, #0.5)
  • American Sweethearts (Dreamers, #4)
After years of meddling in her friends love lives, Rebekah Weatherspoon turned to writing romance to get her fix. Raised in Southern New Hampshire, Rebekah Weatherspoon now lives in Southern California where she will remain forever because she hates moving.

Her BDSM romance At Her Feet won the Golden Crown Literary Award for erotic lesbian fiction. Her novella FIT (#1 in the FIT Trilogy) won the

Cowboys of California (2 books)
  • If the Boot Fits