Start by marking “The Cloud (Escaping Darkness, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Cloud (Escaping Darkness, #2)

The Cloud

(Escaping Darkness #2)

The sky turns black, as do the hearts of men, as the apocalyptic events of Escaping Darkness continue in Book 2...

A routine survey mission turns into the unthinkable as the Yellowstone Caldera finally breaks free of its earthen chains, releasing thousands of years of pent-up energy in an instant. As fire and ash consume all in their path, signs point to the disaster not
Kindle Edition
Published September 27th 2019 by Muonic Press Inc

To ask other readers questions about The Cloud, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cloud

Start your review of The Cloud (Escaping Darkness, #2)
Rosemary
The Cloud - a review by Rosemary Kenny

When we hear of the latest disaster caused by global warming we may think - well there's nothing to worryabout, what's a little more snow in the winter or an extra week or so of cloudless, scorching Summer temperatures breaking oldrecords every year? Well you might do a lot worse than heed the what if...? apocalyptic warning,illustrated so brilliantly in E.S Richards and Mike Kraus' latest novel, The Cloud, 2nd in the Escaping Darkness series.
*slight
Jackie
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What an unbelievable story. Full of action. I was so lost in the story that time seemed to pass and I was finished the book. The plot and characters were intriguing. Loved it.
Kelly Cross
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Natural Disaster

The survivors are still traveling to reach their perspective homes, each wanting to just survive another day. This book has interesting characters and I'd well written. I did almost give it 4 stars because of the length. But I knew going into this series that each of the books were short.
shirley j kidd
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The cloud -Escaping darkness #2

This continuing story gets scarier and more scary the longer the people are continuing to keep trying just to survive.

Tina Langford
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing series

Can not say enough about Mike Kraus and WE Richards new series Escaping Darkness. This is a must read series amazing character.
Betty
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eruption

Yellowstone has a volcano eruption and now people are in danger. This plot tell of dangers they face as they begin their journey to safety.
Suzanne Furney
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On the edge of my seat...

Totally enjoyed this book...waiting to start the next book!
Great job with the audio performances, SO real feeling.
Gave me some pause to think that the world could possibly change all our lives.

Truly recommend thus far!
Pam Shelton-Anderson
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is a little less action in this book, but a lot of immersion in the effects of the eruption of the supervolcano. My main issue is that some of the characters are a bit hard to bond with. Mia is clearly a very capable scientist and has the capacity to be a strong leader, but she often comes off very wooden. I do like Chase and the grandparents a lot, also young Riley. The writing still flows well with minimal errors. This does set up for a long journey for most of the folks here.
Christine Scotney
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable episode.Mia is finally out of the airport only to find so much devastation from the eruption, as she had expected, trying to get back to Houston is going to be a very difficult and dangerous journey. Meanwhile her niece and nephew along with her parents are having a battle of their own, the farm is starting to fall apart and it’s up to the kids to save it. Recommended reading, will be reading the next one.
Coralee Malinich
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Would have given it five stars but....

Still a great story teller, Mr. Kraus weaves a very believable tale of “what if”. Interesting characters as usual, draw with confidence so we become invested in their future. However I prefer thrillers to horror stories. The drawn out gore details made me sick to my stomach which interfered with my enjoyment. I will still eagerly read the next book in the series!
Tim kaskes
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Freedom! Intriguing!

This book series is a very fascinating, intriguing, preemptive warning, life-changing, all inclusive book that I have been unable to sit down look forward to the next book!
Cindi
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great new series!!

The excitement and drama continue in the second book of the series. As with the first book, the second book is jam-packed with excitement and unexpected twists and turns. Highly recommend!!
karen cance
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book

I am thoroughly enjoying reading these books. The book has some history woven in. Some science facts. It is a must read for all ages.
HOLLY CLAGHORN
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
Great Series and great writing by E S Richards.
James L Pagano
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

The survivors are going to be in for a long journey. I really hope that they can get away and hope that they are going to be ok.
Lana Mccall
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good

Book 2 is interesting with characters who are every day folks. Each trying to survive the devastating effects of the eruption of Yellowstone.
Zev Paiss
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Real Page Turner -Really

The thought that had been put into this story and the depth if character is rare in these kind if disaster series. Well done. Can't wait for book three.
Bernie
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Cloud review

The Cloud is the second post apocalyptic survival book in the Escaping Darkness series written by authors E. S. Richards and Mike Kraus.
Lisa
Oct 16, 2019
Celia
Jan 23, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Flashpoint (Flashpoint #1)
  • Smolder (Flashpoint #2)
  • Surge (Weathering the Storm #2)
  • Tempest (Weathering the Storm #1)
  • Fallout (Flashpoint #3)
  • Bear the Brunt (Nuclear Survival Saga #7; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #1)
  • Hold (Melt, #8)
  • The Pulse (Geostorm #2)
  • The Collapse (Geostorm #3)
  • The Shift (Geostorm #1)
  • Decay (Flashpoint #4)
  • Inferno (Weathering the Storm #3)
  • Shelter In Place (Nuclear Survival Saga #8; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #2)
  • Minus America (Minus America #1)
  • Uprising (Days of Want #4)
  • Flee (Melt, #7)
  • Dead Wrong (The Last Light #5)
  • Hard Road (The Last Light #4)

Escaping Darkness (5 books)
  • Eruption (Escaping Darkness, #1)
  • Landslide (Escaping Darkness, #3)
  • The Fallout (Escaping Darkness, #4)
  • Debris (Escaping Darkness #5)