Start by marking “The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6)

The Time Paradox

(Artemis Fowl #6)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  76,308 ratings  ·  2,099 reviews
ARTEMIS FOWL, SAY HELLO TO ARTEMIS FOWL.

When Artemis Fowl's mother contracts a life-threatening illness, his world its turned upside down. The only hope for a cure lies in the brain fluid of the silky Sifaka Lemur. Unfortunately, the animal is extinct, thanks to the money-hungry deeds of a younger Artemis.

Though the odds are stacked against him, Artemis is not willing to g
Published August 11th 2009 by Hyperion Books (first published July 5th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Time Paradox, please sign up.
Agent_Green_Bean I think Myles is supposed to be pretty smart, and the other one is... kind of stupid.

·  76,308 ratings  ·  2,099 reviews

Jayson
(A-) 84% | Very Good
Notes: Treats adolescence as a mind-altering drug and youth as a more singularly-focused, less compunctious state of being.
Ahmed  Ejaz
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
You do not own a copy of the rule book, and if you do, you have certainly never opened it.

I liked this book more than the last one. But still this book has little problem which I faced.

In this book, Artemis' mother gets ill by some serious disease. There is only one cure which is an extinct species. He asks Fairies for help. With the help of fairies, Artemis gets back in time to find that species. But he comes to know that, in past time, his younger self and Opal Koboi (antagonist), are
Alok Mishra
A very gripping tale... reading novels like these ensure that a parallel to the 'popular literature,' there is something called 'meaningful literature'. Cheers to the author!
Ahmad Sharabiani
Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox = The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6), Eoin Colfer
Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox is the sixth book in the series Artemis Fowl by Irish writer Eoin Colfer. It was released in the U.S. on 5 July 2008, and on 7 August in the U.K. At 432 pages, it is the longest book in the series. In Colfer's video blogs, he mentioned the book, saying it may not be the last, but the last one for at least three years. It is followed by Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex.

Angeline Fow
Tam Tam
I LOVED this book! Eoin Colfer writes such great fun to read stories! I loved the ending of this book and the whole idea of the book too with the whole time traveling and Artemis meeting his past self and being outsmarted by his younger self. After reading this book, I definitely want to reread the first one again.

Everyone must give Artemis Fowl a chance! It's a great series and one of my absolute favorites!
Mary
Mar 10, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-f, children-s, audio
Listened to on audiobook by Listening Library, narrated by Enn Reitel.
Very disappointed that Nathaniel Parker did not narrate this latest installment in the Artemis Fowl series. I had grown so used to his characterizations and really enjoyed them. It was a bit like having all the actors change in the middle of the season on your favorite TV show. Not that Enn did a bad job, it just wasn't the same.
This story seemed a bit draggy and convoluted. Artemis goes back in time to save a lemur that his e
Josie
Jan 22, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Josiah
Jul 17, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
**Not too spoilery, there may be one or two things that aren't present in the official premise, but you discover them fairly quickly anyway.**

I have truly grown fond of the Artemis Fowl series since I first read it as a child, which is probably the reason why I can go back and read the first four books in the series, despite the younger age demographic and slightly juvenile writing. The first four books were great fun to read because they had charm and they made enough sense for me to suspend re
Ric
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love both time travel and Artemis Fowl, and this book had them in abundance. It had two Artemises (Artemisi?) because of the time travel, and to see them match up in a battle of wits was so entertaining. As much as I loved this series when I was a kid, I never got to this book, or at least I don’t think I did because I didn’t remember anything about it. But I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Artemis needs to go back to the past in order to find a cure for his dying mother. He enlists Holly Short to help
lucie
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, in-czech
“Ah, yes, the trusty time paradox. If I go back in time and kill my grandfather, then shall I cease to exist? I believe, as Gorben and Berndt did, that any repercussions are already being felt. We can only change the future, not the past or present. If I go back, then I have already been back.“

Artemis’s mother is sick and the only option how to save her is to travel in time and save a lemur, who only can cure her. But before he has to prevent his younger self, who’s helping with exterminatio
Britta
Sep 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tara
Shelves: fiction, 2008, fantasy, 2011
Another stellar visit into the world of Artemis Fowl (teenage genius) and Holly Short (captian of the L.E.P.).

Back from the place where time doesn't exist (where he saved Number 1 - a warlock), three years has gone by but Artemis (and Holly) both find that they are the same as when they left on their last journey. Artemis has two new (twin) 2 year old brothers.

But, Angeline Fowl is sick. Deathly ill. And it's because of magic. She has been infected with a plague like illness that struck down fa
Adibah Atiqa (persephtiyareads)
review to come
Steve
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always seem to forget just how fun this series is. The action picked up from the first page, and kept me turning the page with farcical situations and interesting plot twists. The plot twists kept coming thick and fast, until the climax exploded onto the page. The major reveal was a little bit of let down, but I did enjoy how this played out. I was further disappointed by the resolution, and will have to read the next in the series soon.
Emma
Aug 28, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youth
Highly disappointed by this book. Artemis Fowl was such a huge part of my childhood, and I spent forever waiting for this last book to come out. I had already sort of moved on from the series, but I was looking forward to it because I expected another excellent book out of the 4 book winning streak of the series.

What a letdown. Obviously this book was written out of popular demand, not because the author had a really well-structured, tailored plot in mind to continue the series with. It felt li
Niki
May 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I'm not going to finish this one after all, I'm just going to admit it.

It's like a ghostwriter took up writing this one because Eoin Colfer couldn't be bothered, and everything just took a turn for the worse, with a ridiculous, rushed plot and additions like "Holly cracked her neck, she always did that before using magic" No, she didn't?? Such a thing was never mentioned in the previous not one, not two, but five books in the series.

I don't care if I'm nitpicking, but I enjoyed the first few bo
Stephanie L (catteabooks)
--4/5 stars--

So, forget about what I said about Artemis and Minerva being a power couple (believe me, they still are and would make a fabulous pair), but never has the romantic tension between Artemis and Holly been so present. I mean, sometimes you can't help but start to feel things for someone who's been with you for every saving-the-world adventure, especially when you're a hormonal teenage boy or elf.

Obviously, the story isn't all about Holly and Artemis making goo-goo eyes at each other (
Dorotea
Eoin Colfer is a great writer. I devoured his books, and I read multiple times. Artemis Fowl is a series that I will always remember. I read them when I was about 12. Then I found out one of my classmates was reading them too, I approached him with something along the lines of "oh, are you reading this book too?" but then he dismissed me saying that this book was not for girls, and i just replied that i must have confused it with something else. But something changed in that moment, and well, I ...more
Sara Rastakhiz
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well as always i enjoyed this book so much BUT it is one of the less favorite books....although we have a lot of action and feelings here....it just isnt like all the others...for the first time we see the twins and well I dont know i kinda dont like them!!! For the first time we dont see much of butler and i guess it makes things harder also we dont have Foaly either and i think i am tired of Opal and her schemes...like how can someone be so annoying???
But i must say seeing an older Artemis WA
Derek
Aug 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Artemis Fowl Fans
Recommended to Derek by: friends
Artemis Fowl and the TIme Paradox is a interesting and original story about a teenage prodigy who is also a criminal mastermind. In the previous books he has discovered a race of mythical beasts and has had many confrontations but eventually has made peace with them. But now he must ask for a big favor, he needs to go back in time using demon magic. His mother has caught a fatal sickness that can only be cured by a brain fluid of a Silky fur lemur. The problem is that it went extinct four years ...more
Michelle
Jul 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
14 year old Artemis vs. 10 year old Artemis. It's super genius fun! It was a lot of fun to see just how far Artemis has evolved over the past 5 books. I almost found 10 year old Artemis a bit revolting. It should be interesting to see how his mom features in the next books now that she knows all of his secrets concerning the People. I wonder if he'll recruit his younger brothers for some of his future schemes.
Kimberley doruyter
i don't know why i bother reading the rest of these books.
thy are getting worse.
lottie
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
can you believe Holly and Artemis are soulmates
Anna
This book only furthered my displeasure that stemmed from the 5th book. Colfer stretched out his plotline to unnecessary proportions.

Since the subject of this novel was time travel, there were many questions left unanswered, especially because Colfer could not establish one set of rules for his time traveling universe. I am unconvinced with Colfer's "ability" to write science fiction - I think he should stick to fantasy, since this book obviously failed at being a mix of a sci-fi/fantasy book.

Iset
Mar 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy

The Artemis Fowl series is back to the high standards I’ve come to expect of it. This was another re-read so this came as no surprise to me, however the final two books in the series will be new reads for me, so I’m hoping the series goes out on just as much of a high as this book. After the awkwardly misjudged character of Minerva Paradizo in the last book, the series really recovers its wings here, as we get back to Artemis and his fairy friends doing what they do best, going on a high-risk ad
Shaya
Aug 14, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, summer-2008
Abby
Mar 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: would-read-again
Okay, this is a weird one. I think Artemis Fowl has overextended and is grasping for story at this point. Here we find Artemis and Holly going back in time to save a lemur for the purpose of curing Angeline Fowl of a fairy disease. Things got a bit too coincidental, like Artemis having destroyed the very lemur he would need in the future. Oh well, hopefully the next one gets better.
Jacey
Dec 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 6 in the artemis fowl series was thoroughly enjoyable. Now to be honest and fair, I listened to this while working and when I listen opposed to reading, my critical analysis kinds takes a back seat. A good reader can make up for a slightly incompetent writer without me really noticing. With that disclaimer, I'll say that I thought this book was quite good. The series is very original and well-thought out, especially considering the sea of young adult fantasy that is full of so much flotsam ...more
Giselle Bradley
Dec 14, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: 5-star-reads
I'll always be trash for this book.
Drewthereader20
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
This book was my favorite out of the whole series so far! Only 2 more books to go and I am finished with this series.
Overall rating: 4.5!(:
Connor
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
I'm still really enjoying this series! Number 7 here I come.
artemis fowl 17 44 May 21, 2017 01:54AM
1st Period Langua...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Ben's book 3 5 5 May 07, 2014 04:56PM
EPIC Artemis Fowl Quiz!!!!!!!! 3 52 Oct 28, 2012 06:19AM
MOON 2 34 Mar 28, 2012 04:24PM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Charlie Bone and the Red Knight (Children of the Red King, #8)
  • Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3)
  • The Purple Emperor
  • Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris (Theodosia Throckmorton, #2)
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
  • Other Worlds
  • The Eye Of The Forest (Children Of The Lamp, #5)
  • The Search for the Red Dragon (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #2)
  • City of Time (The Navigator Trilogy, #2)
  • Genius Squad (Genius, #2)
  • Rogue's Home (Knight and Rogue, #2)
  • The Isle of Illusion (Deltora Shadowlands, #2)
  • Jinx on the Divide (The Divide, #3)
  • Nightrise (The Gatekeepers, #3)
  • A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)
Eoin Colfer (pronounced Owen) was born in Wexford on the South-East coast of Ireland in 1965, where he and his four brothers were brought up by his father and mother, who were both educators.

He received his degree from Dublin University and began teaching primary school in Wexford. He has lived and worked all over the world, including Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Italy. After the publication of the A

Artemis Fowl (8 books)
  • Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1)
  • The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, #2)
  • The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3)
  • The Opal Deception  (Artemis Fowl, #4)
  • The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl, #5)
  • The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, #7)
  • The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl, #8)
“Artemis felt like he was six again and caught hacking the school computers trying to make the test questions harder” 427 likes
“Who are you?" he asked.
I am the future queen of this world, at the very least. You may refer to me as Mistress Koboi for the next five minutes. After that you may refer to me as Aaaaarrrrgh, hold your throat, die screaming, and so on.”
402 likes