Start by marking “It Takes What It Takes: How to Think Neutrally and Gain Control of Your Life” as Want to Read:
It Takes What It Takes: How to Think Neutrally and Gain Control of Your Life

It Takes What It Takes: How to Think Neutrally and Gain Control of Your Life

Foreword by Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson
From a top mental conditioning coach—”the world’s best brain trainer” (Sports Illustrated)—who has transformed the lives and careers of elite athletes, business leaders, and military personnel, battle-tested strategies that will give you tools to manage and overcome negativity and achieve any goal.

Trevor Moawad is a

Published February 4th 2020 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about It Takes What It Takes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Takes What It Takes

Start your review of It Takes What It Takes: How to Think Neutrally and Gain Control of Your Life
*Jasmin B*
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, purchased
To those of you who are searching for that really great book that would thoroughly explain
the power of the human mind and mental agility to you, all I can say is, you should stop searching for that book and get yourself a copy of this one because you've just found it,

for the man who's written this one is an expert in that field of mental toughness and mental agility, and he clearly truly knows how to bring out the best in people he works with personally and professionally so they can take
Katie Myers
Feb 06, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The whole premise doesn't even make sense! Russell Wilson and other great athletes - when you listen to them speak - talk positively and optimistically NOT "neutrally."
Y.S. Stephen
It Takes What It Takes is a book that examines the benefits of the principles of Taoism and mindfulness in improving professional sportspeople's mentality and performance on the field of play. The author brands the Taoism principle of non-judgment as neutral thinking - a mindset that does not judge or discriminates based on past experience but seeks to look at all experiences as what they are.

WHY I LOVE THE BOOK
I have always felt mindfulness has its place within all areas of life, sports
Stevo Brock
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was Stevo's Business Book of the Week for the week of 2/24, as selected by Stevo's Book Reviews on the Internet and Stevo's Novel Ideas. Battle-tested strategies that will give you tools to manage and overcome negativity and achieve any goal.

Find more Business Books of the week on my Goodreads Listopia page at https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/9..., and find many more recommended books on my Amazon Influencer page at https://www.amazon.com/shop/stevo4747.
Paul Vogelzang
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I relate...not to the superstar athletes, which are in plentiful supply and have much insight to share, but to the “Neutral thinking,” remaining positive and keep trying. These are all things you know, but Moawad tells them in ways that bring it home and inspire. Transparency: I interviewed Trevor Moawad for my podcast and the pub. sent an ARC. But, my honest review is 5 stars.
Schuyler
Feb 22, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Um what is this book even about except a hodgepodge of his clients best hits and a mumble on maintaining neutrality like a robot no matter what? I thought it would get to a plan or series of exercises. But it just didn’t do I bailed. I’m thankful my compulsion to read this book was satisfied by a library checkout as opposed to my wallet.
Eric Solbakken
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Must read

Any leader in any field must read this book. I found myself highlighting whole paragraphs. The stories and concepts are relatable and valuable to students/teachers and coaches/players alike.
Lee
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book about letting go of the negative. Thinking negative will inpact you 100% of the time. Have a plan, make the right choices and be neutral. Problems will come. Keep your head. Each situation allows us to make a choice. Make the right one.
Dustan Woodhouse
A quick punchy read on the importance of the mental game. Perhaps a small piece of success, but it’s a critical one.
Matt
"It takes what it takes" struck me as a self-evident and hollow platitude, and it fittingly turns out to be an apt title for the book.

There's nothing new here, rather an amalgamation of cliches you've already heard if you've read any of the self-improvement genre.

Also, this is a "bro" book, perhaps best read in conjunction with a Tucker Max book(?). It wasn't particularly off-putting to me, but it did detract from how serious I took the author.

What I definitely found lame was the amount of
OMO Together
Donald R.

• The Infinite Game
  • 25 Hours a Day: Going One More to Get What You Want
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success
  • Leadership Strategy and Tactics: Field Manual
  • What You Do Is Who You Are: How to Create Your Business Culture
  • Alchemy: The Dark Art and Curious Science of Creating Magic in Brands, Business, and Life
  • What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence
  • The Feather Thief
  • Free Will
  • The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph
  • Stress Less, Accomplish More
  • Trailblazer: The Power of Business as the Greatest Platform for Change
  • The Leadership Challenge
  • The Richest Man in Babylon
  • Nothing to Lose (Jack Reacher, #12)
  • Forward: A Memoir