Start by marking “Avoiding the Abyss (The Abyss Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Avoiding the Abyss (The Abyss Trilogy, #1)

Avoiding the Abyss

(The Abyss Trilogy #1)

Aubrey has always been told she isnt special.
If only that had remained true.

Aubrey grew up as part of the rebel movement, protected but lonely. All she wants is her mothers love, but without an ability shes worthless in her mothers eyes.

When shes captured by the government, Aubrey sees an opportunity to prove her worth. Instead, she realizes that her mother has been
Published November 19th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Avoiding the Abyss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avoiding the Abyss

Start your review of Avoiding the Abyss (The Abyss Trilogy, #1)
Kelly
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-books-read
While I am not normally a Young Adult reader, I found I enjoyed this story immensely. Aubrey, the main character, is relatable and real; the world she lives in detailed and intriguing enough to whisk you away from your comfortable reading chair and into a world filled with multiple suns, special powers, and bands of rogues. Quick-paced with excellent character development, you find yourself rooting for Aubrey and her group by the end of the book. I immediately downloaded the second book in this ...more
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book, I loved it. I couldn't put it down and I am already on the second one. Aubrey is someone that you can be friends with, even though she's a loner, but I like that about her. I don't like her mother to well, but I like how Aubrey has finally come into her own.

Dorian, he seems sweet and I can't wait to see what is going on with him.

This book was provided to me from the author and my review is all my own.
Susie
Feb 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommended to Susie by: NetGalley

Booked By Random

*I received a free digital ARC via NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

Too much abuse

This book starts straight off the bat with Aubrey getting a beating by her mother. It is given under the guise of training, because Aubrey is a bad fighter, but it is very clear that her mother detests her. Yet, Aubrey remains throughout her staunch defender.

Others amongst the rebels pity her, but do very little to defend her, because her mother is the hero, the one who rules the
Tiffany
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading this book, I wanted to write and post this review to share my honest experiences toward the story. It is a fast paced dystopian fantasy, one that keeps you hooked on reading, it started out a bit slow, but when things picked up it was unputdownable. I really enjoyed the story and am curious how the rest of he series will develop based on the way this ended. Overall, an excellent and well written first for the series, setting the bar high for the rest of the series!
Madeleine
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was a wonderful read! Wards imagination is amazing, and her character development continues to be superb amidst very efficient writing. This fantasy novel called to mind elements of the Divergent series and A Wrinkle in Time, while at the same time being completely original and unique. I look forward to books 2 and 3.

Note: I was given a copy of the book by the author.
Ileana Renfroe
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Avoiding the Abyss has it all - mystery, action, magic and secrets. This ARC was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion and Im so glad to have read it because it was amazing. ...more
Pat Eroh
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read for dystopian fans if you like it with lots of fantasy added in. This book has great characters with Aubrey. The story is really good and so engaging it kept me interested throughout the book. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

Heather Bane
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 1 in The Abyss Trilogy. I found the story well written and enjoyable. The storyline drew me in and kept my interest throughout. I recommend reading.

Alanna Ritchie
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for love stories and this story has a bit of it all: teenage crushes, identity angst and otherworldy talents. It's an action packed story of a conflicted daughter trying to understand her destiny. It's an accessible journey into a post-apocalyptic universe with a group of kids grappling with superpowers. AC Ward does a wonderful job creating suspenseful moments chapter to chapter. Each time I opened the book I was eager to learn what would happen to Aubrey next. Aubrey's ...more
RISGreutman
Daniela
Bridgett
Stephanie Jones

• Burning
  • A Spell for Trouble (An Enchanted Bay Mystery #1)
  • The Haunted Hanging Tree
  • Thunder Bay
  • Hidden Places: An Inspired Traveller's Guide
  • Magic Within (Bloodline Academy, #1)
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • A Crafter Quilts a Crime  (A Handcrafted Mystery #3)
  • The Museum of Desire (Alex Delaware, #35)
  • The Lost Daughter
  • Beyond The Storm
  • The Other Mrs.
  • Slumber
  • Children Of The Cursed

The Abyss Trilogy (3 books)
  • Approaching the Abyss (The Abyss Trilogy #2)
  • Accepting the Abyss (The Abyss Trilogy #3)

News & Interviews