Start by marking “Doughn't Let Me Go” as Want to Read:
Doughn't Let Me Go

Doughn't Let Me Go

(Slice #3)

It was just supposed to be one night.

No kissing. No feelings. A wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am tangle in the sheets and we go our own ways.

Only it’s a small town, and I was bound to run into the irresistible Porter Jones again.

I just didn’t expect it to be at my job interview…which he’s conducting.

Now the live-in nanny to his adorable seven-year-old daughter, I’m doing my best
Published February 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Doughn't Let Me Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doughn't Let Me Go

Start your review of Doughn't Let Me Go
Christy
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-four-stars
4 stars

photo 684568D3-9E4F-4D5C-AF33-698EF8A51DC1_zpszswmjqc3.png

Doughn’t Let Me Go is the third book in Teagan Hunter’s Slice series and this is the one I’ve been waiting for. I’m such a sucker for the single dad troupe, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on his book. This was funny, heartwarming, and the sweetest.

Porter is a single dad who just moved from California to a small town in North Carolina with his daughter. He needs a change of pace, and his best friend Foster lives here, so that’s where he landed. He’s running his company remotely,
Halle Reads
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-reads
5/5 Stars

-I like broken things, and I like fixing them. Funny, because I’m broken too , but I can’t seem to ever get myself put back together just right.-

1e29d9c9

Oh my gosh i devoured this story. It was short, witty, steamy and packed with alot of heart

Porter is a single dad to 7 year old Kyrie and a very successful business man. After he moves to a small town on the east coast from California he needs to hire a nanny to help with his daughter. After having a one night stand with the woman he now
Teagan Hunter
Feb 06, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
LIVE & FREE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED!
Check out this HOT, single dad/nanny romcom today!

US: https://amzn.to/36g0RCS
UK: https://amzn.to/2uhDICT
AU: https://amzn.to/2uqfK8f
CA: https://amzn.to/2sQzjGE
Robin
Shelves: 2020
I received an arc copy of this from the author and Wildfire Marketing in exchange for an honest review

4.5

Summary
Porter has been working himself to the bone for years. He's the owner of a multi-million dollar tech company and a single father. He decides it time for a break and moves to the small tourist town on the east coast his best friend has been raving about. Hopefully there he can finally relax and spend time with his daughter. But on his first free night, he meets a woman. It was supposed
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I'm a sucker for single dad stories and this one was a real winner! An amazing father, a sympathetic nanny, and a precocious seven year old made Doughn't Let Me Go quite the entertaining and hilarious read.

Porter was:
patient, understanding and kind
incredibly hot and sexy
a fabulous dad. Not too strict and not too lax. He found an interesting balance that worked for him and his daughter, making me want more time spent on them and their every interaction.
he came from poverty and with sheer
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: February 6, 2020
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Single Dad | Small Town Romance

Teagan Hunter writes some pretty special romances. I always find myself getting excited when she's writing a new book ESPECIALLY when it's written in one of my favorite worlds. In this case, readers will be brought back to Slice (I can’t remember the name of the hometown I’M SORRY). You'll see a few familiar faces from previous books and will meet some new characters that may have already caught your
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
This has to be one of my favorites I am sure I have already said of one of Teagan's books but this one was pretty amaing. Check out my FULL REVIEW & TEASERS on my BLOG -> C L I C K - H E R E
 photo 20190911_093631_zpsyslz1m7j.png
Kyrie Masters
Jesus, Mary, and Porter.

I loved this book. But that's no surprise since it came from the mind of Teagan Hunter. I know exactly what to expect from her books and that's a good thing. I devoured the book in one morning. The story between Dory and Porter was funny, sweet, and heartbreaking. I especially loved Porter because he reminds me of my husband. Minus the multimillionaire part. Dory's perspective of kissing and sex was so relatable. That little twist (which I'm not going to say, you'll just
Stacie R.
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Porter is a single dad, but when he gets a free night to do what he wants, he takes full advantage. Enter Dory. Dory is trying to take a night to relax before she interviews for a job that could change the course of her life. She never expected the guy she spent that one night with, would be the guy she had to interview with for this job. The two agree, one night was it, that’s all it can be and Dory becomes the live-in nanny for Porter’s daughter. However, the sexual tension becomes too much to ...more
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
 photo 7F1A7902-9504-4253-B1F4-884A33B2DE32.jpg

Happy book-day to Teagan Hunter! DOUGHN’T LET ME GO is live! This is book three in her Slice series and can be read as a complete standalone. It follows single dad Porter and his one-night-stand-turned-nanny, Dory! We met both characters briefly in I Knead You Tonight.
I adored this one, y’all. Porter’s relationship with his daughter gave me all the swoons, and Dory’s heart and convictions had me all “go girl!” So many laughs and lots of heart, Doughn’t Let Me Go was fantastic!
Jeannine
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2020
Single dads is one of my favorite jams to read. I was loving me some of Porter and his hilarious 7 year old daughter, Kyrie. She needs a nanny and Dory is the perfect gal for the job. I thought Porter and Dory were an awesome couple. There wasn't any unnecessary over the top drama with them, they had some serious hot chemistry and banter between them. I had a good time reading this. I really enjoyed every character in this series, they were all fun and entertaining. It's like I want to be ...more
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Dory & Porter meet, they have an instant case of attraction. Alas, she's applied to be his daughter's nanny, so anything other than a professional relationship is not going to happen...

I loved this nanny/boss story! It's made more adorable by Porter's daughter and how she charms all those around her, but what I love most is how sweet Porter is. He and Dory really are perfect together, with chemistry that was obvious from their first meeting.

ARC via Wildfire Marketing Solutions for
Monique
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars.

This is the third edition of the Slice series and this book is all about Porter and Doris (Dory). Just keep swimming, just keep swimming - I don't know about you, but whenever I say that name, I have to add the song as it is the best kids movie! Ok back to the book.

Porter is Foster's best friend when he was living in California. He had been encouraging Porter to come and live in NC and it is just the right time to see if it is a fit for him and his seven year old daughter. It takes
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: jessica

Jessica’s Review
I’m going to start off by saying I love Porter. I loved him in Wren and Fosters book and that love has carried over into this book. He just made me swoon so hard. Being a good dad, just an all around amazing person..... Le Sigh! When he talks to, thinks about Kyrie I felt his love for her. This author really did an amazing job with that.

All the other characters were amazing. The secondary characters were some I already loved and they added a little something to the story. Dory
Callie
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
3rd Slice from the series: Doughn’t Let Me Go is the story of Porter, a billionaire, um I mean multimillionaire single father, and Dory, a hardworking down on her luck gal. Their path cross and in what both thought would be a one night occurrence but took a turn neither of them thought the next day. Ending up in a professional relationship... With Dory being a nanny for Porter’s spunky 7yr old, Kyrie. This new working arrangement didn’t stay professional for long with the sparks these two had.

A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Porter goal in life is to slow down and enjoy being with his daughter and his friends on the East Coast. A major cross country move left him needing a nanny. Enter Dory, she is smart, gorgeous, loves his daughter, and is great in bed. OOPS, she is his one night stand that is now living in his house. They can play it cool is the promise to each other. Good intentions can fall to the wayside in the fight for love.

Hunter gave us everything a good story needs: intrigue, a hot relationship, nosy
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Single dad are some of my favorite books, and when a single dad is such a good man, it makes me even happier. Porter was such a fantastic dad to Kyrie and I loved their interactions. Sometimes love breaks barriers and is super messy. That is what happens when Porter meets Doris. He just knows there is something there. When she shows up for an interview the next day to be Kyrie's nanny, hilarity and love ensues. They fall for each other even though they shouldn't. Love doesn't always follow the ...more
Melissa at Book Boyfriend And Husband Makes Three
Porter was the single dad that dreams are made of. He loves his daughter fiercely and she was his number one priority which I adored about him. He was also hot, bossy but also sweet and some of his dirty talk had me feeling awkward in the school drop off line. Dory was sassy and she stole my heart at the very beginning.

The three of them together made am amazing read. The chemistry wasn't only between Dory and Porter but Kyrie too, like they were always meant to be a family. They had me giggling
Maura
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
DOUGHN'T LET ME GO is book 3 in the "Slice" series and it is my favorite of all the books I have read by this author.

I devoured this fast paced story in one sitting. I wanted to write a review full of cute pizza puns, but it just felt cheesy.

There is nothing that I would change in this story. It is light and airy with some heart tugging moments. It is fun watching this couple navigate their relationship.

I absolutely give this book 5 stars.
Isha Coleman
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hunter delivers a dash of common sense with a slice of empathy and a sprinkle of humor. Doughn't Let Me Go puts the heart on notice with some food for the soul. Hard truths doled out in a heartwarming way. Dory and Porter provide a breath of uniqueness in a world of narratives that have obviously been done before. With a laugh track and tempting dose of emotion, Hunter will have readers coming back for seconds from her entree of love.
Heather andrews
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Leave it to Foster to ask the hard questions, “are you saying this as the guy who was balls deep inside her or as her future employer?” Kyrie, that girl has no problem calling out her daddy's strange behaviors, “because he looks at you a lot when you’re not looking at him.” Dory knows how to reign her man in, “I barely tapped you, you horny baby. A warning for trying to get me to suck your ***k with your daughter in the other room.” I liked this book, I adored Porter and Dory.
booksiflove
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is book 3 in the Slice Series, and it can be read as a stand-alone, but as always, I prefer reading in order, just to get to know this great group of family and friends involved!

Porter recently moved back home after his divorce , and is looking for a new nanny for his daughter. Meeting Dory at the interview, they realized they met before and the night ended between the sheets.
But Dory needs this job. Will this work out between these two?

Porter is a fabulous dad! The girl is kinda real
Mia
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was ok

I feel disconnected with characters and what do I have to do to get Sully book.
Shelly | The Mockingbird Reads
Gah I adored this SO freaking much! Porter is amazing and Dory was such a great character!

Porter is a hot single dad to Kyrie (who, let's be honest, stole the show and my heart) and is new-ish to town.
Dory is finding her way in life...she's not had it easy.

When these two come together, the sparks FLY! This is my favorite in the Slice series of stand-alones. I really connected with these two very quickly and I loved the chemistry between them.

One scene in particular is one of my favorite scenes
Pamela
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Love this book & this series. The play on words in the title are so clever and super cute. The characters are awesome & relatable. I'm so honored that I get to read these books as arcs! I hope everyone loves them as much as I do.
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

This series is getting better and better!!! I loved this book! Made me lol and also gave me all the feels! Didnt want it to ever end!!
Wendy *cr8zysockbookblock*
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Holy Cheese Sticks On Pizza Friends!! I plowed through this sizzling sweet story! I loved it! The one-nighter turns to forever love. It’s one of my favorites. Now was it that simple, absolutely not! But that’s what made it so much fun to read about.

Porter and Doris”Dory” first meet when they both have a rare night off. Him from his seven-year-old daughter and Dory from working her multiple jobs. They immediately hit it off and decided to have a one night stand. Neither are looking for any
Samantha || Fictionally Sam
Other Reviews in the series:

A Pizza My Heart by Teagan Hunter -
I Knead You Tonight by Teagan Hunter - .5

****

"The good news? My daughter is still obsessed with her. The bad news? I think I am too."

I absolutely love Teagan Hunter, and Doughn't Let Me Go just solidified this fact. Told in dual point of view, Doughn't Let Me Go is a hot and hilarious single dad / nanny romance that will literally have you falling off your bed laughing all the while reaching for a fan because wow is it hot in
Nikki Pennington
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
He's mine, but he's not.

I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review.

I love Teagan and her writing. Her books always make me laugh out loud, but they always have just the right amount of steam in them also. Your really getting the best of both worlds when you pick up something from her.

I loved Dory. Hands down, she's got to be one of my favorite female book characters of all time. She was the best. She was awkward and hilarious. She was so relatable. The way she
Jenifer Briggs
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love everything that Teagan Hunter writes, and this was no exception! Filled with the witty humor and hilarious one liners that we've all come to expect from this author, there's also such real emotion that completely captivated me!

We have Porter, who is a single dad to a tenacious, sarcastic, funny and sweet seven year old girl, Kyrie. He owns his company and has more money than he knows what to do with, but he yearns to give his daughter the one thing he never has while growing up:
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Rebel Soul
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • You're The One
  • Keeper
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Doctor Dearest
  • The Lying Season
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • Hometown Heartless
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • The Lineup
  • Dear Ava
  • Love at The Bluebird
  • Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2)
  • Almost Perfect
  • Breaker
I’m a Missouri-raised gal, but currently live in South Carolina with my Marine veteran husband. I spend my days begging him for a cat, and I survive off coffee, pizza, and sarcasm. When I’m not writing, you can find me binge-watching various TV shows, especially Supernatural and One Tree Hill. I like cold weather, buy more paperbacks than I’ll ever read, and I never say no to brownies.

Slice (3 books)
  • A Pizza My Heart (Slice #1)
  • I Knead You Tonight (Slice, #2)