Start by marking “A Duke Too Far (The Way to a Lord's Heart, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Duke Too Far (The Way to a Lord's Heart, #4)

A Duke Too Far

(The Way to a Lord's Heart #4)

Secrets to reveal, legends to unravel, and a love to fight for...

Peter Rathbone, Duke of Compton, is already struggling to handle the responsibilities of his family home and his grief over his sister, Delia's death when he's astonished by an unexpected visitor. Life is about to get even more complicated.

Miss Ada Grandison is desperate to throw off haunting memories, and
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: April 28th 2020 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about A Duke Too Far, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Duke Too Far

Start your review of A Duke Too Far (The Way to a Lord's Heart, #4)
Traci
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: march-20
A Duke Too Far is the fourth and final book in The Way to a Lords Heart. The series is based on four men the Earl of Macklin thought he might be able to help and after having dinner with the men in London and discussing the death of their loved ones, the earl spends the summer traveling to each mans estate and playing matchmaker.
Peter Rathbone, the eccentric Duke of Compton, was struggling to keep his crumbling familys estate together. He was surprised when Macklin showed up at his home and
Rainelle
Mar 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
The story started out quite funny. The plot line grabbed my attention, but as I got through 48% of the book, it changed to being very bland. I was loot for love and romance between Ada and Peter. Unfortunately I didnt feel that connection with the characters and it fell flat.
Professional Reader
Stephanie Panach
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Peter Rathbone is an extremely unusual Duke. Like break-the-mold kind of Duke. He did not have a traditional upbringing or attend any of the traditional schools. He feels like he has been fighting against a rising tide of bad luck and problems his entire life.

Ada Grandison is young (barely 18) and just starting out in life. She has a core group of friends that she met at finishing school. They have formed somewhat of an amateur sleuthing group - all with different skills. They are all also
Debra Martin
Mar 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Peter Rathbone, Duke of Compton, is flat broke due to mismanagement from a long line of dukes. As the last Compton duke, Peter does everything he can including fixing things in his mansion when he can. He is fighting a losing battle and he has lost hope that he can bring the estate back into the black. When his younger sister Delia dies in a tragic accident, Peter is now alone in the world. A group Delia's friends come to visit and Peter has to stretch his meager budget to accommodate them. Miss ...more
Amy Vida
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of a Duke Too Far in exchange for an honest review. Ada traveled to a dilapidated estate belonging to her deceased friend's family in search for hidden jewels that her friend had been looking for. Ada traveled with a group of girlfriends, and her aunt where they met her friend's brother Peter. Peter was a recluse, and even as a Duke he had very little interaction with outside people. He hesitantly let Ada and her entourage stay at his estate not knowing Ada was on a crusade to ...more
Dani(elle)
Mar 25, 2020 rated it liked it
What I liked:
- Strong female friendships
- Ada initiating the intimacy
- Peter being so, so very awkward
- the emphasis on grief and the need of support when mourning
- how relatively tame the romance is. That may sound silly as the romance genre is known for being steamy; however, some people just want so mushy love stories and they shouldn't be denied that.

What I did not care for:
- the lack of empathy, or at least sympathy, for Peter's financial situation. It's in line with the characters I
Alyce Caswell
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Peter Rathbone is the last heir to a crumbling house. He spends his time wallowing alone, until a group of young women who knew his late sister show up and uncover a secret that may improve his fortunes - and allow him to wed Ada Grandison, who he is beginning to fall in love with.

For a romance novel, this didn't really have much romance. The hero and heroine shared a few kisses and that was apparently enough for them to develop
Mary Hart
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I think for optimum enjoyment I should have read some of the other books. In this way I'd have had a better sense of what was the Earl's motivation and scheme. I think this book, as well as being a standalone romance for Peter and Ada, also wraps up some loose ends started off in the first books. It's a sweet romance, only kisses. There's a mystery and some frustration with the lack of fortune which prevents Peter offering for Ada. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to others,

I received
Amy
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I enjoyed seeing the characters from the past books in this series. Peter is struggling to get over his sister Delias death and his cash poor estate. Ada also is struggling to get over her friend Delias death. Ada finds a clue to a fortune hidden on the estate and she helps to save the day. I received an ARC from NetGalley for my honest review.

Marianne Denning
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had a little struggle getting into this story, but I kept reading and I'm glad I did. The development of the love between Peter and Ada is lovely. Delia's mystery is well done! I was happy with the HEA!
Kim Vanravenswaay
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Duke Too Far, has a tragic past and a treasure hunt that kept me turning page after page. It was hard to put down this book.
Alisha
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun book with a bit of mystery
Joan
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-challange
This story had an interesting setting in a gothic like old crumbling castle and a heroine dealing with the sudden death of a friend. Was a good romance too - not your typical sweetness.
Mokamonkey
Connie Fischer
Sep 11, 2019
Penny Black
Sep 12, 2019

• When You Wish Upon a Rogue (Debutante Diaries, #3)
  • The Most Eligible Lord in London (The Lords of London #1)
  • A Duke is Never Enough (The Spitfire Society #2)
  • Every Bit a Rogue (The Ellinghams, #4)
  • To Catch an Earl (Bow Street Bachelors, #2)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • Gone With the Rogue (First Comes Love, #2)
  • Highland Sword (Royal Highlander #3)
  • The Virgin and the Rogue (The Rogue Files, #6)
  • Masquerade at Middlecrest Abbey
  • The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • The Duke's Wicked Wife (Wicked Secrets, #4)
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • How to Catch an Errant Earl (The Disreputable Debutantes, #2)
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Shelley Sisters Book 1)
  • The Earl Not Taken (The Wallflowers of West Lane, #1)
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • Hunting for a Highlander (Highland Brides, #8)
Jane Ashford discovered Georgette Heyer in junior high school and was entranced by the glittering world and witty language of Regency England. That delight was part of what led her to study English literature and travel widely in Britain and Europe. She has lived in New York, Boston and LA. Today, she is somewhat nomadic.

Jane has written historical and contemporary romances. Her books have been

The Way to a Lord's Heart (4 books)
  • Brave New Earl (The Way to a Lord's Heart, #1)
  • A Lord Apart (The Way to a Lord's Heart, #2)
  • How to Cross a Marquess (The Way to a Lord's Heart, #3)