Start by marking “The Beat Match (Showmen, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Beat Match (Showmen, #3)

The Beat Match

(Showmen #3)

Treat yourself to this friends-to-lovers romance reviewers are calling "heart-melting" and "swoony" and "packed with heat and chemistry."

MY BEST FRIEND'S LITTLE SISTER ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE MY MATCH…

Weston Aldrich is known for his devastating looks and crisp Italian suits. He's been groomed to take over his family business and is on the brink of closing a massive merger. On
Published September 16th 2020 by CD Books

To ask other readers questions about The Beat Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beat Match

Start your review of The Beat Match (Showmen, #3)
Joshita ❤
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance geeks
*Thank you Netgalley and Xpresso Book Tours for providing the arc for this book.*

My rating: 4.5★
“I guess you have to decide which you'll regret more, missing the world you know or never exploring the one that scares you.”
What can I say! I loved this book so so much THAT I COMPLETED IT IN A DAY. I can't stop smiling and it is Kelly Siskind's fault!

The Beat Match is an incredible story about two childhood best friends, Wes and Annie. Weston Aldrich is the leading face for Aldrich Pharma, always
Nilufer Ozmekik
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hell yeah! Sweet, entertaining, slow burn romance with lots of tragic events, deep family issues and eventually the healing power of music that brings the true lovers together!

I love the author’s works. This series started with beautiful, magical New Orleans story and continued with a dazzling, clever woman thief’s alluring love story and finally at the third book: we’re introduced to aspiring music lovers and their rhythmic, energetic, powerful world!

What a beautiful friends to lovers story!
Jeanette
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t think Kelly could write another book that’d I’d love as much as I loved her New Orleans Rush (Showman Book 1). But she did! I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED The Beat Match! This book was so beautifully written. I chuckled many times reading the sassy banter between Annie and Wes which countered the few times I cried during the scenes they struggled with their fears of loss and commitment.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and READ THIS BOOK!

Thanks to the author for an ARC of the book in exc
Fawnia
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love Love 💘
This book is everything I've come to expect from Kelly and more!! It's a slowburn between friends THAT YOU JUST CAN NOT PUT DOWN!
The banter between Wes and Annie is so damn adorable and delicious, I loved EVERY minute of it! Every romantic gesture as well as every steamy detail is perfection (hello new book boyfriend). If you love a perfectly sweet, sassy and quirky romance this book is definitely for you!
Addie H
Sep 06, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-netgalley
NB: Spoiler free ARC review – expected publication Sep 16th 2020

(Tropes: Friends to Lovers, Brother’s Best Friend, Mistaken Identity, Love Triangle-ish)

description

I found this off putting.

Wes/Falcon treats Annie like a child, as he has taken care of her since a young age. He orders, berates, scolds and judges. She is 27.

description

Annie on the other hand admits to and behaves so self-serving it is very unlikable. But most importantly she is a creep! Had any guy chased after a woman and behaved in the way she does t
Micheline Ryckman
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A secret identity, big business espionage, a loveable pet bunny, glitter and glue... Only Kelly Siskind can put these sorts of things together and make them shine (yes, like glitter). If you like contemporary romance then don't miss out on this book or the two previous books in this SHOWMEN series, they are just so stinking fun!

Also gotta add a few quotes from this book because Kelly's writing gets me every time:

"He was so textbook the textbooks were jealous of him."

"I guess you have to decide
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: The Beat Match
Series: Showmen #3
Author: Kelly Siskind
Release date: September 16, 2020
Cliffhanger: no
Genre: contemporary romance

After reading and loving the first book in this series, New Orleans Rush, I've been eager to read another book by Kelly Siskind. This synopsis grabbed my attention immediately. I loved how different the plot was-the hero is a wealthy businessman who has a secret double life as a DJ by night. I can confidently say that I've never come across another character like
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
I had the supreme pleasure of getting my hands on a very early copy of this book.

That sounds like I'm being a little hyperbolic, but let's just say that my immediate response after finishing the book looked like this:

SO MUCH.

I've been a fan of Kelly Siskind's since she released her first book (Chasing Crazy still holds a special place in my heart). But this one? This one might be my very favorite one yet. And that's saying something considering all the ways I've love
Ilaria 🌸
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This book is so sweet and well well written
Nice subplot that do not kill main plots or gets boring
The main characters are well designed and balanced she is sweet but not barbie girl he is alpha but not jerkish
Nice really nice
Recommended
4 stars well deserved
The Beat Match by Kelly Siskind. #TheBeatMatch #NetGalley
[NetGalley URL]
Arena♡
Sep 09, 2020 marked it as to-read
Received an arc, sooooooo excited!!!!!

mika
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Received a Netgalley ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book was absolutely perfect! I can’t stress enough as to how much I absolutely adored this book!

The Beat Match follows our 2 main characters: Annie Ward and Weston Aldrich. Annie’s deceased brother, Leo, was Wes’s best friend and after Leo passed away Weston continued to take care of Annie. Wes and Annie are best friends but after one kiss, they start to question their feelings for one another. OH! And Wes is a DJ at night!

Now, my
Caryn - iam.caryn
This is my sixth time reading Kelly Siskind. Out of the five previous books I’ve read, I was never able to say I had a favourite book by her. That’s no longer the case.

The Beat Match captured my entire soul and being. I can’t put into words to express my need for you to all read this book.

It has the most brilliant banter I’ve ever read. I made the mistake of drinking a cup of tea when I started reading. Needless to say there was a spit take mess that needed cleaning. I love Annie and Wes so much
Kelly
Sep 11, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm so excited for everyone to fall in love with Wes and Annie! Even better, check out this fanart of them created by Micheline of Whimsical Illustration. I just about DIED when I saw it.

image: description

Sending hugs and romance to you all!
Marilisa
Sep 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is exactly what I needed right now... up to a certain degree. 3.5/5 stars for me
The first 60% of this book was pure gold. I loved every second of it: the banter, the growing feelings, how different yet perfect for each other Annie and Wes are, her quirks, his struggling with emotions, his surprisingly multilayered personality. My heart ached so many times and I loved it. I loved the tension building between them, the typical misunderstandings, the 'is this love I'm feeling?' 'does she feel
Shannon
4.5*

The Beat Match was just delightful! Although I did shed a few tears, it's mostly a sweet, swoony, slow burn romance. There are a few angsty moments, and some family drama, but that just made for all around entertaining read.
Wes and Annie's friendship goes back years, but they're just now realizing that what they feel for each other is so much more than friendship. And it was so fun to be there as they figured out what was right in front of them all along.
They're both so charming in their o
M.  Reads Books and Fics
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I picked up by this author, and I had a blast reading it. I think she does awesome with writing romance, and I would love to read more from her when I pick up romance. I thought this book was funny, sweet, and sexy. It was a great combination, and I was able to read it in a few hours because I enjoyed it so much.

I thought Annie and Wes were sweet They were each interesting people. And I am glad they were able to end up together. Wes being a DJ was cool as well. That was a
Leanne | Read Sweetly to Me
{Many thanks to NetGalley for an early arc in exchange for an honest review.}

Well this was a lot of fun! Full of lots of entertaining moments, this book was a lovely best friend's little sister romance with a lot of side pining and a slow, slow burn romance.

Wes made a promise to help his best friend's little sister. After his passing Wes is determined to keep that promise, and ignore his burgeoning feelings towards her. Annie, for her part, hates how overbearing Wes is. Yes, her life is a bit o
Tahira Tahsin
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book : The Beat Match
Author: Kelly Siskind
Rating: 5/5⭐️

Another five star read! I think I was wise enough to request the perfect books, I mean reading five star worthy books consecutively helped me to relieve stress.Swipe right to see the blurb.

•Wes and Annie’s relationship was so sensual and sweet. The banter between them was extremely sassy. The storyline had the perfect balance between cheesy romance and tear inducing emotions. The multidimensional characters were ideal and ohhhhhhh! Wes in cr
Jemi Fraser
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kelly Siskind has a talent for creating characters with unique jobs and interests and bringing them to life filled to the brim with strong emotions!

Annie and Wes have been important parts of each others' lives since they met while Annie was living in a shelter with her brother. Leo and Wes form an unlikely friendship that lasts for years - until tragedy strikes.

Annie and Wes continue to be close despite their obvious differences. He's a Suit, she's a free-spirit looking for her passion.

I loved t
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
4 stars. Aww, this was a cute book! Wes was Annie's brother, Leo's, best friend before he tragically died when Annie was a young teen. He told Leo he would look after her and he has supported her as a best friend and an older brother figure through the years. Annie is a sweet, slightly flighty woman who changes jobs all the time and is just trying to find her place in the world. Wes is more buttoned up, serious and often stressed by his job helping run the family business. Both have an attractio ...more
Randi (randi_reads)
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this sweet romance between Annie and Wes. Wes is Annie's deceased brother's best friend, and with him gone, Wes is her protector. He took that to heart and then some. The whole pet rabbit part was pretty funny coming from a guy like Wes.
Annie is fun and quirky. She has her own style. She is the total opposite of suit-wearing business man, Wes. She also has an obsession with scrapbooking and she gets really into it where Wes is concerned.
This is a slower burn friends to lovers romance
Reads & Reviews
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kelly Siskind never fails to amaze me with her writing and the stories she tells. More often than not, Siskind centers her plot around something unique, like magic or being an Elvis impersonator. In THE BEAT MATCH, the third book in Siskind's Showmen series, she does it again, drawing readers into the world of professional DJing.

There is so much to love about THE BEAT MATCH. As always, the characters are real and relatable, people you would want as friends. The plot is realistic and, in the cas
Tabassum Irin (whatirinreads)
There are books which can make you laugh your heart out while simultaneously making tears fall down from your face – you know, my favorite kind of books. The Beat Match has definitely taken one of the top places in that compartment. From having a swoon-worthy couple to having chapters filled with emotional moments, the book ticked off all the things that I want in a romance novel.

Wes and Annie were the perfect match for each other. I loved seeing their friendship bloom into a heart-warming roman
Allison
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maybe it's because I'm the older sister that I typically don't go for the "I fell for my older brother's best friend" trope. Despite this lack of empathy for the situation, The Beat Match has recruited me to the cause.

Annie grew up a homeless orphan with her brother, Leo. He was killed in a club shooting over ten years ago when out with his best friend, Wes. Wes has been fulfilling Leo's dying wish by looking out for Annie ever since. She's a scrapbooker with a short attention span and a quick w
Peggy M
“I received a free, advance copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my unbiased review”

‘The beat match’ is the third book in the ‘Showmen’ series but each book in the series can be read as a standalone, so it’s not necessary to read the previous two books first, to read this one. However, I have read them and I enjoyed the stories very much, so I would recommend that you read them too.

If you are in the mood for something fun, sweet, light but still emotional and a bit
Stephanie (read_with_steph)
I had been looking forward to reading a Kelly Siskind book for a while, especially the Showman series--I loved the blurbs for the first two books--so when I had the opportunity to read an ARC of her third book I was so excited. However, the novel fell a bit short for me.

This book had so many layers, and I think it could have cut back a little. There's a fun premise of a popular club DJ with a secret identity, and an up-and-coming DJ trying to meet her hero, without realizing he's actually a clos
Moony MeowPoff
May 26, 2021 rated it it was ok
I got this eARC from Netgalley in exhange for a honest review
This was a really boring one, i did not care about the story and the characters were boring and just plain, not interesting.
Jenn
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
The Beat Match is super cute with a sigh/swoon-worthy HEA. This was my first book by the author and I am so excited to read more of her books!

Annie and Wes share a long, sad backstory connection that ended with Wes promising to take care of Annie when her older brother, Leo, passed away tragically. We meet our two MC's as Annie is finally taking steps out of her denial of music because it reminds her too much of her older brother. Wes is struggling to meet the demands of his daytime high profile
Tina V
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed this story! I loved the banter between Wes and Annie. I also loved seeing their relationship develop from friends to more. Great writing with an engaging storyline and characters. This story is a winner!
Patricia Wonderland
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Like good music THE BEAT MATCH will make your heart beat stronger and faster, make your heart sing sadness and happiness.
From the very first page to the perfect epilogue i lived with the characters, i loved them, i couldn't leave them. I spent my time crying and laughing, sometimes doing both with the same sentence.
Kelly Siskind's words are powerful, full of sensitivity. She has a vivid imagination, a great sense of humor, a romantic spirit, a heart of gold, a smart boldness, a beautiful and i
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: correct page count 2 11 Jul 31, 2020 04:22AM

• Accidentally in Love
  • The Life We Have
  • Bachelor Boss (The Bachelors Club, #2)
  • Time of My Life (Oceanic Dreams, #2)
  • Warrior Blue
  • One to Watch
  • Love in the City (Love in the City #1)
  • Make Your Move (Gamer Girls, #3)
  • Against the Rules (Gamer Girls, #2)
  • Bet The Farm
  • The Ruin of a Rake (The Turners #3)
  • The Last Flight
  • The Jane Austen Society
  • Love Lettering
  • Always Only You (Bergman Brothers, #2)
  • The Bone Shard Daughter (The Drowning Empire, #1)
  • A Perfect Mistake (Mistaken Hearts #1)
  • Rising West (Save Me #1)
See top shelves…
A small-town girl at heart, Kelly moved from the city to enjoy the charm of northern Ontario. When she’s not out hiking with her husband or home devouring books, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head. Her novels have been published internationally.

2015 Golden Heart® Finalist

Where to find me:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kelly-S

Showmen (4 books)
  • New Orleans Rush (Showmen, #1)
  • Don't Go Stealing My Heart (Showmen, #2)
  • The Knockout Rule (Showmen, #4)