Start by marking “Witness Protection Widow (Winchester, Tennessee)” as Want to Read:
Witness Protection Widow (Winchester, Tennessee)

Witness Protection Widow

(Winchester, Tennessee #5)

Can the witness protection program keep her identity secret?

After Allison James finally escapes her marriage to a monster, she becomes the star witness in the case against her deceased husband's powerful crime family. Now it's up to US Marshal Jaxson Stevens, Ali's ex-boyfriend, to keep the WITSEC widow safe. But as the danger escalates and sparks fly, will Jax be able to
Published January 21st 2020 by Harlequin Intrigue

To ask other readers questions about Witness Protection Widow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witness Protection Widow

Start your review of Witness Protection Widow (Winchester, Tennessee)
DJ Sakata
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

It was hard to believe now that she hadn’t recognized her fairy-tale life was too good to be true. The trouble was, she had needed it to be true. Sometimes a need was so powerful that it overrode good sense.

She’d expected to possibly end up in a funeral home before this was over. She just hadn’t expected to be alive.

My Review:

Despite her prolific body of work, I had not sampled Debra Webb’s storytelling skills until recently stumbling into several books in her highly engaging
Kristina
Witness Protection Widow by Debra Webb is the fifth A Winchester, Tennessee Thriller. Alison James will testify in four days against the Armone crime family if she can stay alive until then. U.S. Marshall Branch Holloway has Alison stashed in a remote cabin and is supposed to be with her for the final few days. But then Branch is injured in a car accident and calls in U.S. Marshall Jaxson Stevens. Jaxson does not know it is Ali until Branch hands him the file. She is the one he let get away and ...more
Lacey
I received this novel as a part of the Harlequin’s Carina Press Blog Tour Program. Thank you to Debra Webb, Harlequin Intrigue, Carina Press & NetGalley for a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review..

This was my first and only Debra Webb that I’ve read. I don’t think it will be my last! Witness Protection Widow was the fifth installment of the Winchester, Tennessee series, but I had no problems following along.

I really enjoyed Allison (Ali) James. Her character was so interesting
Robin Loves Reading
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

This is not the first book I have read with a big, bad marshal protecting a witness to try and keep her alive until she can testify. However, as I have already seen by reading a few of Debra Webb's books before, she never lets her readers down. This was a fast-paced story where bad guys were always on the heels of our pair.

We have Allison James, who is willing to die trying in her attempts to testify against her ex-father-in-law. Our second player is US Marshal Jaxson
Beatrice Followill
Love this author's way of bringing to life , strong woman with great endurance, self reflection, strong heart ,mind and soul to all her characters .Allison is a widow of a crime boss and a witness to his murder , what she had to go through would break anyone, now her heart needs protected when her old love is the man in charge of keeping her safe . Great Suspense , strong lead characters , great read!
Shalini
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An absolutely fun book that I read when I was not well, and believe me, it pulled me deep into the story in spite of my headache.

Debra Webb is an amazing author, and the storyline, though familiar, still captivated me. A woman Allison hiding in witness protection, waiting for her testimony against her own father-in-law, was being protected by her first love Jaxson. Her hiding place was compromised, and they had to escape. On the run, sparks flew while being surrounded by an air of danger.

The
Kari
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, for-review, 2020
Witness Protection Widow is the 5th book in the Winchester, Tennessee series under the Harlequin Intrigue imprint. It works ver well as a stand alone book. A couple of familiar faces from the Undertaker's Daughter series by this author make a brief appearance, but you don't have to have read that series to follow along.

This is a quick romantic suspense and I read it in one sitting. It involves Alison who has been in witness protection for the past 9 months while she waits to testify against her
Michelle
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good police procedural novel, one that leaves you wanting to read more and keeps you hooked the entire way through. This one does just that, with a romantic twist in it as well, which I loved!

Jax and Ali have a romantic past, as he is her ex-boyfriend. Hearts were broken, feelings were hurt, and time has passed.. Ali has since moved on and gotten married, but have those feelings healed? When Jax is placed to protect Ali from her late husband’s crime family they are both struggling with
Toni
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Debra Webb never disappoints! This was a truly excellent read!

This is the fifth book in the Winchester, Tennessee series in the Harlequin Intrigue line by Debra Webb.

I have mentioned this before but Harlequin Intrigue is my guilty pleasure series and Debra Webb is the author who sucked me back into Intrigues back in 2000-ish with “Safe By His Side”. I adore a good amnesia, stuck in a cabin story.

This book felt more like a standalone title. All the backstory from the previous four books
Donna Hines
"Can the witness protection program keep her identity secret?"
What an amazing set of characters with such an intriguing plot to this wonderful new romantic thriller by Debra Webb.
It all starts with Allison James who was involved with a toxic spouse who was ultimately killed by someone close to him.
As it turns out his family is more than just powerful as they are actually criminal with many connections in the dark world and beyond.
What a scary set of circumstances to be living on eggshells while
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
I have to say this was my favorite Harlequin Intrigue ever.

Fast paced story with good characters. I read this in about 2 hours...kept me glued!
Margaret Yelton
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received Witness Protection Widow from NetGalley and the publisher and this is my fair and honest review.

This is the fifth book in the Winchester, Tennessee series and as always Debra Webb doesn't disappoint. I read this book in one afternoon, this was a fast paced and action packed book. Although the book is part of a series it very easily can be read as a stand alone. I would definitely recommend this book to others.
Cathy Geha
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Witness Protection Widow by Debra Webb
Winchester, Tennessee #5

I really enjoyed this book and when I read a bit in the book that tweaked a memory of a book I had read previously I had to look up other books by this author and found out why “staying in a funeral home” triggered a memory – I had read book two in The Undertaker’s Daughter and Rowan and Brannigan are in that series though they play a much smaller part in this book.

So…this book…is romantic suspense with a second chance at romance for
Stéphanie Louis
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
What I liked

First of all, I liked the pace of this book. It was fast-paced, which is just what I like in books. I never felt bored and especially I never felt the need to put down the book. I could have read it in one sitting if I wouldn’t have been in a reading slump.

Witness Protection Widow wasn’t a long book. Which means that you get through it pretty fast. Which is great, to be honest. I’ve been reading so many big books these past few months that this was an enjoyable surprise. I liked
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
In Harlequin Intrigue's Witness Protection Widow Allison James is a week out of the trial where she will testify against her mob boss father-in-law for the murder of her husband. The marshal who has been watching over her has a car accident so he calls in a friend he trusts to watch over her. Enter Jax Stevens, rising U.S. Marshal, and Ali's ex-boyfriend and first love. Fate brings them back together but will they make it to the trial.

This is my first Harlequin Intrigue and my first Debra Webb
Kelli (what_kel_reads)
Happy February! Today is my tour stop for Witness Protection Widow, by Debra Webb. I was given a copy of this Harlequin Intrigue book in exchange for my honest review. This book was released on January 21, 2020.

Can the witness protection program keep her identity secret?
After Allison James escapes her marriage to a monster, she becomes the star witness in the case against her deceased husband's powerful crime family. Now it's up to US Marshal Jaxson Stevens, Ali's ex-boyfriend, to keep the
DeAnne
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.

This was my first title from the Harlequin Intrigue line as well as from Debra Webb and I was not disappointed. This story was a non stop from the beginning to the end and filled with action. While I'm not a huge fan of a lot of misunderstandings, it was understandable between these characters considering their past. I really enjoyed the way they were written as well as their points of view while going through the story.

Webb's
Jen
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm part of a blog tour for this book- my first for the Harlequin Intrigue series.
This is a wild ride from start to finish if you are a fan of romance and say love Law and Order? This book is for you.
Cassie Luellman
3.5

This definitely lived up to being a Harlequin Intrigue book! I loved the suspense and the constant moving around Jax and Ali had to do. I wish I liked Jax as much as I liked the action of the story. He was not a character that I connected to at all. Also the ending was so abrupt that I was left feeling let down.

Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Donna Was A Scandal
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
An excellent category romance, I read it in one sitting. The suspense pacing was excellent and Webb does a great job with the procedural aspects of the story. I enjoyed both characters and the second chance romance element.
Joyce Westmoreland
Alison went through Hell as the wife of a crime boss. Her heart is damaged and she survived horrors we can only imaging. Her first love is assigned to protect her until she can testify. He is angry and she is damaged. Their attraction is still strong. Can he keep her alive and forgive her for moving on without him? Can she ever bring herself to share with him what she went through after he left? Debra Webb can write a book that keeps you riveted to your seat. This is one of those books. It ...more
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Debra Webb for the ARC of Witness Protection Widow by Debra Webb that I read and reviewed on my own.
I really enjoyed this book which is part of Webb’s Winchester, Tennessee series so a number of familiar faces pop up to help and that adds to the story and to the book. As for the main characters Ali and Jax they both had history that had to be resolved while he was protecting her before she was going to testify against her ex father-in-law who killed her husband in cold blood over who
Cindy Reifel
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Allison James was married to a mob boss for 5 years, 3 of which she was his prisoner. When she saw her father in law murder his own son in front of her, she chose to escape. It took a while to get away but, once she made it to the FBI and was put in WITSEC, she felt a bit safer, for 6 months. Then she was moved. Now her US Marshall has been injured in a Car Accident and, she is sent another protector. Unfortunately, that U.S. Marshall is Jaxson Stevens, her ex boyfriend.
Jax has never stopped
Dsbook
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
this Book is part of a series but can be read as a stand alone. I have enjoyed this series and I really like Debra Webb’s writing style. Waiting for more books to be published
Maggie 劉美儒
If you're an avid Harlequin reader like myself and my mother, and my grandmother, you're probably acquainted with the name Debra Webb. I don't even remember a Harlequin without her stories, my favourites were the Colby Agency ones when I pilfered them from my grandmother's collection. So I was excited to be able to sign up for this tour with Harlequin featuring Debra Webb's latest, Witness Protection Widow . What I'm trying to say here, folks is, I got a copy of this book from the publisher so ...more
Julie
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Spine-chilling suspense and heart-pounding romance are mixed deliciously and deftly in Debra Webb’s latest nail-biting read, Witness Protection Widow.

It had been love at first sight for Ali when she had met Harrison. Charming, sophisticated and debonair, Harrison had seemed to have stepped out of one of her fantasies and after sweeping her off her feet and making all of her dreams come true, Ali had thought that a lifetime of marital bliss awaited her. However, reality proved to be a far
Stephanie (Once Upon a Chapter)
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read
This review was originally posted on Once Upon a ChapterI received this book for free from Harlequin in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

It's been years, dare I say a solid decade?, since I've picked up a series romance novel. So when I was approached by Harlequin to review a few of their offerings I thought "Why not?" this could be fun! I (probably like most young teens) first dipped my toes into the romance world with series
"Avonna
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

WITNESS PROTECTION WIDOW (Winchester, Tennessee Book #5) by Debra Webb is the February 2020 Harlequin Intrigue romantic suspense second chance romance and since it is written by Debra Webb, I knew I would be getting a great story even in this shorter format. I was NOT disappointed. Though this book is part of the Winchester, Tennessee series, it can easily be read as a standalone.

Allison James Armone has been trapped for several
Yvonne
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Allison James is in serious trouble. Her abusive husband is dead, but his mobster family is still controlling her. She plans to see that come to an end when she testifies against them. However, to get to that point, she must be protected at all costs. She enters the witness protection program and is shocked when her old flame, Jaxson Stevens is the US Marshal assigned to her case.

Their old feelings resurface, but there’s no way Allison was going to let Jaxson get caught up in her mess. She doesn
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Temporary Wife Temptation
  • Her Homecoming Wish
  • The Third to Die (Mobile Response Team, #1)
  • Snow Brides (Stormwatch #5)
  • Black Ice (Stormwatch #4)
  • Wind Chill (Stormwatch #3)
  • Snow Blind (Stormwatch #6)
  • Deep Freeze (Stormwatch #2)
  • Ten Days Gone (A.L. McKittridge #1)
  • Disruptive Force
  • The Way Back to You (Blessings, Georgia #9)
  • His Soldier Under Siege (The Riley Code #2)
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • Vanishing Girls (Detective Josie Quinn, #1)
  • An Everyday Hero (Heart of a Hero #2)
  • Sisters by Choice (Blackberry Island, #4)
  • Dark Memento (Verona Bay, #1)
  • Tactical Force
DEBRA WEBB is the USA Today bestselling author of more than 150 novels, including reader favorites the Shades of Death, the Faces of Evil and the Colby Agency series. She is the recipient of the prestigious Romantic Times Career Achievement Award for Romantic Suspense as well as numerous Reviewers Choice Awards. In 2012 Debra was honored as the first recipient of the esteemed L. A. Banks Warrior ...more

Winchester, Tennessee (6 books)
  • In Self Defense (A Winchester, Tennessee Thriller #1)
  • The Dark Woods (Winchester, Tennessee #2)
  • The Stranger Next Door (A Winchester, Tennessee Thriller Book 3)
  • The Safest Lies (Winchester, Tennessee #4)
  • Before He Vanished