Start by marking “Benny Rose, the Cannibal King” as Want to Read:
Benny Rose, the Cannibal King

Benny Rose, the Cannibal King

Blackwood, Vermont has one legend to its name—Benny Rose, the Cannibal King. Every local kid knows him and tells his stories, especially on Halloween. When a new girl moves to town in the autumn of 1987, the legend inspires high school junior Desiree St. Fleur and her friends to pull a Benny Rose-themed prank. A few laughs and screams, and they’ll have a Happy Halloween.

Published January 23rd 2020 by Unnerving

To ask other readers questions about Benny Rose, the Cannibal King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Benny Rose, the Cannibal King

Start your review of Benny Rose, the Cannibal King
Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hailey Piper is quickly becoming one to watch (when I say that, I mean insta-buy).
I recently read THE POSSESSION OF NATALIE GLASGOW and enjoyed Piper's storytelling voice and flair for horror. BENNY ROSE, THE CANNIBAL KING will release January 23rd, published by Unnerving Press. (Take note! There's a novel coming, THE VERSES OF AEG late this year)
This is a story set in the 80s. A new girl moves to town and is invited to a Halloween Party. Piper captures the awkwardness of being the new kid in
Steve Stred
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
** Edited as review is now live on Kendall Reviews! **

This is my third full-length read of Hailey Piper’s and she’s easily catapulted into a must-read author for me. I first fell into her dark worlds with ‘The Possession of Natalie Glasgow’ last year. It was a completely unexpected gem and one that totally caught me off guard. It made Piper’s name one that I would anticipate just what would come next.

Then Demain Publishing released book #33 in its Short Sharp Shocks! series – from Hailey called
Becca
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it

Thank you to Hailey Piper for providing me with a copy of Benny Rose, the Cannibal King in exchange for an honest review!

Unnerving’s Rewind or Die series is shaping up to be phenomenal. All of the reads in this collection are meant to give horror fans a huge case of the nostalgia & the familiar feeling of renting a VHS tape at your local shop. The series will be released throughout the year, and I know darn well that I’ll be keeping up with them.

Benny Rose, the Cannibal King by Hailey Piper
Sara Tantlinger
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hailey Piper continues to prove herself as an author to watch in her newest work, "Benny Rose, the Cannibal King." Through a sharp cast of characters that wonderfully shows teenage girls in a strong, relatable way, we are thrown right into an eerie setting where a local folk story haunts the neighborhood. As myth bleeds into reality, the reader is taken on a heart-racing chase, but the end is something you have to read for yourself. Sharpen your teeth and get prepared to take a bite out of ...more
Joanna
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was my great pleasure to sneak an early read of this and it was so much fun. Twists the slasher tropes, portrays teen women as *gasp* humans, and almost reaches full villain empathy, but not quite. My only complaint is the almost.
Valerie - Cats Luv Coffee
Welcome to Blackwood: Small town, nothing to do, bored teens. Ah, but near Halloween, this little dull as dishwater town transforms. With their own urban legend of Benny Rose, the Cannibal King, Halloween is "Blackwood's thing".

Piper excels at setting the stage for horror. No time is wasted in creating a brutal backstory, nor is there any anticipating action. Piper cleverly gives us just a taste of what's to come before she redirects our attention to the characters, a group of high school
Claire Holland
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good urban legend has a way of seeping into your bones and refusing to crawl out; Hailey Piper’s Cannibal King is certainly one of those that will be creeping into my mind, late at night and unbidden, for a long time to come. Hailey Piper’s titular beast is an unforgettable terror, rivaled only by the gutsy teens who dare to go up against him. Highly recommended!
Joseph Scipione
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon at horrorbound.net
Brennan LaFaro

• Spungunion
  • Jimmy the Freak
  • The Hag Witch of Tripp Creek
  • The Reddening
  • The Cult Called Freedom House (Sophia Rey #1)
  • The Couvade (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 35)
  • Mind's Horizon
  • Ghostland
  • Ritual
  • Till the Score is Paid
  • Wither and Other Stories
  • We Are Monsters
  • Grief is a False God
  • Everything Is Beautiful and Nothing Bad Can Ever Happen Here
Hailey Piper is the author of horror novellass The Possession of Natalie Glasgow, An Invitation to Darkness, and Benny Rose, The Cannibal King. Her debut dark fantasy novel, The Verses of Aeg, will be published by Bronzeville Books in late 2020.
She grew up in a patch of haunted woods in North America that filled her imagination with ghosts and monsters. Now a writer of horror and dark fantasy, she