Start by marking “Fallen Love (Fallen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fallen Love (Fallen, #1)

Fallen Love

(Fallen #1)

From a successful crowdfunder, Fallen Love comes action-packed with flying cars, dark magic, and fallen angels.

Upperclassman Conall is rich, impeccably dressed, and set for a prestigious career in the Party hierarchy. He doesn’t lack for anything—except, maybe, love.

When he finds Mark, alone, abandoned and hurt, he doesn’t expect one act of kindness to alter the course of
Published February 1st 2020 by Stargazer Industries inc.

To ask other readers questions about Fallen Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen Love

Start your review of Fallen Love (Fallen, #1)
Pam
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
I knew very early on -- around page 30 -- that this book wasn't for me, but I was already committed to finishing it for a review. Considering it's 300 pages, I mean it as a compliment when I say it wasn't painful to get through. It moves at a quick pace, which I appreciated, although some of that is just a general lack of development.

And considering the author wrote this as a teenager, there is great potential here, especially with the world-building. It's an interesting set-up, but there are st
❤Sharonica-Logic❤
"Big Brother is Watching You!"

Title: Fallen Love
Series: Fallen #1
Author: Alex Stargazer
Publisher: Stargazer Indusdries, Inc.
Format: ebook (ARC)
Release Date: 12/15/2019
Genre/ Trope(s): Gay YA Fantasy Romance; PNR; Dystopian; Class division; interspecies
Page Count: 328p.
SteaMMy Swordplay: 2 out of 5⚔
Sharonica-Stars: 4.5 out of 5✨

MMy Thoughts and Review:

This is a dystopian world where America and Russia have fallen. China and a dysfunctional and unbalanced league of nations now make up the world's
K.D.
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

One of the things I appreciate most in a book is a mash-up of genres. The more the better. And within the first few pages of FALLEN LOVE, you get hints (or big noisy introductions) of a feudal conflict, gay romance, androids, mutant monsters....all in a post-apocalyptic setting. And that's just the beginning.

Alex Stargazer invests his novel with deep world-building elements: a gay romance set against a harsh regime reminiscent of Orwell's 1984. The writing is polished, even compelling in spots.
Moustapha Mb Diop
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This ARC has been sent to me by the author in exchange for an unbiased review.
This book was really a good surprise for me. I don't usually like books that are set in a near future, which is the reason why this one was a bit confusing at first. It took me at least one hundred pages to get into the story, but that's just because of my reading habitudes.
It's when I moved past that that I really started to enjoy the story, especially since it was fast-paced from around the middle, and I like it tha
Stephanie
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I got to say that the world building that Alex Stargazer has created is absolutely amazing. I am pulled into this world and I could stop. Mark and Conall are amazing characters and I just couldn't help but love these two. I am so ready for the next book of this series. This is such an amazing world! ...more
Kaila
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
paranormal, mystery, intrigue, so many interesting things going on in this story.. good characters.. complex emotions and personalities.. complex plot.. very good. i liked it a lot and cant wait for the next one.
Belinda Zamora
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
What an amazing debut novel.
This book took me on a rollercoaster ride of emotions filled with action, drama, magic, mystery and political intrigue.
Amazing world building with complex and depth of emotion characters.
I'm looking forward to continuing the story
Christine Marie
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
A urban fantasy with a romance genre tag that unfortunately didn’t hold true. There is room for improvement and the story and plot is there but it seems to lack the background, the world building the love. It was a quick “love at first sight” type of romance with a lot of switching main character point of views. The fantasy portion was sound with magic, demons and other unearthly beings but overall this book was a drag and nearly was a DNF.
Alex Stargazer
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Whew! Writing this book was a hell of a ride. But then, to borrow a few words from Patrick Rothfuss, my opinion on this matter shouldn’t be trusted. I have done what I can; I have poured all of my imagination and grief into these characters, this world, and this story. It is time for you, the reader, to be the judge.

Oh, and by the way: whoever said writing your second book would be easier than the first was wrong. Yes, experience has helped a lot with the writing process, but the story still has
Patricia Nelson
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This new-to-me author has written a fascinating, incredible, intense, wild, amazing, unconventional, completely unexpected, fantastic, grab-you-by-the-feels, smoldering, and totally awesome start to an intriguing new series. I can't wait to see what happens next. ...more
Tim Putney
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would recommend this book to any fantasy reader. It's set many years into the future with high technology, androids, demons, witches, mutants, powered humans and a LGBT love story.

First off, I'm not a romance reader but the book description sounded interesting enough and there seemed to be enough fantasy elements to draw me in so I gave it a try. In fact after I read about this book and the author, I went as far as to become a Kickstarter backer to help this book along. I'm not the best review
Nina
We are worlds apart, and love is forbidden.

This book got off on a really good start, introducing a future world in a way that allowed me to see and grasp it through the characters' eyes, while also effortlessly moving the story forward. I loved Mark and Conall's first meeting and how it was set up to immediately show the differences between their personalities and circumstances in life. It felt very engaging, very promising.

I also found the writing quite lovely for the most part. I h
Joyfully Jay
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

The plot is chaotic and Fallen Love suffers from poor transitioning. The chapters lurch from action to action and often the story often struggles to maintain a cohesive narrative throughout. There is some world building, but given the complexity of the society the author has created, the book needed a lot more scaffolding. There just isn’t enough detail to explain and fully support everything happening on the page. The result is a mishmash that never really works.
michaela ⚘
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2020, arc
I struggled with this one a lot. I couldn’t really get into it and then when I finally just started pushing through it got slightly better. I loved the world the author set up — it was fun.

But, some things really just made this one not work well for me. I enjoy insta love, I do, but this one was just too insta for me. I couldn’t really enjoy the build up because it wasn’t really there. And, then some of the decision making and the ultimate ending of the book led me to disappointment.

While this
Kathryn Manzella
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fallen Love by Alex Stargazer is the first book in a new series, Fallen. It is an Urban fantasy novel with paranormal aspects, suspense, action, magic, and romance. A wonderful and captivating story, amazing characters... this book does a fantastic job building anticipation for future books in the series. Connall and Mark are great characters and I really enjoyed reading about themand the world created here.
Teresa
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Title: Fallen Love
Author: Alex Stargazer
Publisher: Stargzer Industries Inc.
ISBN: not available yet
Buy Link: https://www.amazon.com/Fallen-Love-An...
Reviewer: Teresa Fallen Angel
Blurb:
Fallen 1
Two boys falling in love. A power that can save the world—or ruin it. Mark must make a choice: to save the man he loves, or to let the world burn.
There are many kinds of monster that walk the Earth. Some are ugly. Some speak beautiful words through forked tongues. Some possess the grace of angels, and the h
J.R. Vaineo
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Alex Stargazer’s latest book, Fallen Love. I was looking for a new fantasy book/series, with elements of romance. This fit the bill. Plus, I got to be a part of his crowd fund group through Kickstarter. I had to wait quite a while to receive the paperback, but it was well worth the wait. This story captured my interest right away, which is no small matter. Because stories have so many elements to them, I feel it’s only fair to break down my review into four categorie ...more
Jessica
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
An urban fantasy with angels, demons, a brutal class system and then throw in intriguing, and strong characters. This is what you get in Fallen Love, a book about love in unexpected places if you only allow yourself to be open to finding it. Conall is the upper classman, he is surrounded by powerful people and he himself wields a great deal. Mark is a fallen, as far from power as one can get in this post-apocalyptic world. When the two meet they will have to make some hard choices and underneath ...more
Ashley Tomlinson
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all, before I even get to my review I want to talk about that cover! How freaking amazing is that! It's gorgeous! Okay, now that I have that out of the way I can get to the book. I love a good book that has magic in it and when you also throw in some angel, demon, and technology in it, that is just three different flavors of ice cream on top.

This isn't the first book that I have read by this author and I'm sure it won't be the last. He has a way with world-building that is just incredi
Emma☀️
3,5 stars!
I enjoyed this! The characters were fun and complex and you can’t help but root for them.
My high praises will have to go to the world-building. Imaginative and mesmerizing. A well-crafted world with an interesting integration of paranormal and dystopian elements.

However, it took me a while to get into the feel of the book. I was slightly confused at the beginning, but after the 20% mark, I flew through it. I found Mark and Conall to be a bit tropey, and their romance was a bit too fast
Stephen
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was like a rollercoaster! There was an appreciated slow ascent as we got to know the characters, and then zoom! The second half of the book was fast paced and thoroughly enjoyable!

The plot was both fresh and imaginative, and though I'm not the biggest fan of multiple narrators, in this novel I found I couldn't wait to get back to each character's chapters.

I can barely wait for the next one! Hoping we'll see more of Conall's mother, she was my favourite!
Margaux Espinosa
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well.....damn! I was not expecting that at all, this was so well written, had a fantastic storyline and the characters were great. Conall and Mark are beautifully written characters with so much depth and not to mention the steamy moments. Just wow. I had read Alex’s previous writing and was curious how this book would turn out. Now I cannot wait to see where this story goes next!
Kasey
Nov 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
**Disclaimer: I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.**

Unfortunately, I found myself unable to finish this book. I was excited to read a dystopian M/M romance, but found the beginning jarring, hard to follow, and the characterizations unlikely/too trope-y.
Rion
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advance Review Copy of Fallen Love by Alex Stargazer in exchange for an unbiased review. This review contains no spoilers.

Prior to receiving this Advance Review Copy of Fallen Love, I had never heard of Alex Stargazer. After finishing Fallen Love, I definitely plan on remedying that lack of knowledge. Alex bills his book as a futuristic M/M romance, but it is so much more than that. Let’s stop there for a moment and make one thing clear: when you think of romance novels, you typica
Mary Mary
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, dbml, angels
* a free copy of the book was provided by the author via DBML program in M/M GR Romance Group in exchange for an honest review *

It is more like 3.5 stars :(
I have a huge problem with rating this story. It is fast paced and refreshing, the world created here is different than anything I have ever read. The MCs are okay, a little bit childish and annoying but they are young so that might be the problem here. In the same time I think that the story is rushed, I love yous happened so fast I couldn't
Anabela.M.
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book. The author, admittedly, has given a great importance to particulars, with a lot of information about the dystopian/fantasy world he has created. I found an impressive outline of politics and social structure, as well as detailed descriptions of people and environment. But, at times, they felt disjointed, other times things felt overlooked or ever explained.

I also have my doubts about the relationship between Mark and Collan. I didn't much like Collan. I th
R
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Conall lives a life of luxurious indulgence. The world he lives in is full of vicious beasts and monsters. Only by staying in his protected city is he safe. One night after his dalliance at a whore house he hadn’t quite reached safety when he was set on. While trying to get away he stumbles on Mark. They rescue each other and Conall discovers Mark is much lower class than he is. Their attraction is undeniable and brings them back together.

Demons, angels, magic, and young love combine in an a st
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
Reviewed by Shorty for MM Good Book Reviews 4 💖💖💖💖 Hearts

In a Dystopian world where there is a great mix in mutants, creatures, love, darkness and a variety of characters to make for a tale of two young men trying to survive in an uncertain world. I loved Conill and Mark. For all their differences, and there are many, the two want to find love.

It's a dangerous environment these two find themselves in time after time. It's not the first time I've read a dystopian story and this was an interestin
Julie Bedwell
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book about two teens falling in love. It has supernatural beings of varying kinds, humans, and mutants. I was not prepared for the cliffhanger, but the author has guaranteed that I will read the next book- I need to know what happens! If you like dystopian, futuristic, urban fanatsy, I would recommend this book.
Dani (ダニ ¦ 다니)
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-books, books, arcs
I got this ebook for free in exchange for an honest review so here we go.

I've chosen this book because it has two of my favourite things. Male/male relationship and paranormal setting.
Basically this world is set in a dystopian future set in Dublin. We have Conall, who is an Uperclassman and we have Mark who is a Fallen. There's three categories. Uperclass, Lowerclass and the Fallen. The Upperclass is the political part and they check that everything is politically correct. The Lowerclass is th

• How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Vampire Heart (Blade & Dust #3)
  • Gin Me Over
  • The One Decent Thing
  • Discovering Destiny (Familiar Magick, #1)
  • Sacred Omega (Guardian Dragons, #1)
  • Spring Forward (Superbia Springs #1)
  • Homerun Daddy (Timberwood Cove, #1)
  • Before the Call  (Small Town Hearts, #2)
  • Family Recipe
  • My Past, Your Future (Deerbourne Inn)
  • Forgotten (Heaven and Hell Club #2)
  • Temptation (Breaking the Rules, #2)
  • Trusting Fate (A Collection of Strays, #4)
  • Wolf Found (The Wolves of Kismet, #2)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Rules to Ignore (Davey's Rules, #7)
  • Broken Promises (Broken, #2)
Alex Stargazer is an author of dark, fantastical tales that snare you in with epic world-building—and keep you reading with funny anecdotes and beautiful love stories. He currently hails from rainy Scotland, but he can be found all over Europe. Since publishing his first novel—the Necromancer—at 14, Alex has released two short stories and an upcoming new novel, named Fallen Love.

When not establish