Start by marking “Red Snowflakes” as Want to Read:
Red Snowflakes

Red Snowflakes

Forensic photographer, Dena Williams, has spent her life trained to see what others cannot. Vampire, Dimitri Kovac, has waited every Christmas for a miracle that does not come. In the Oregon wilderness, during a snowstorm, these two destined souls collide. Dena's only hope of survival rests in a vampire with the heart of a poet. Dimitri only has five days to win a ...more
Published November 6th 2019 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Red Snowflakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Snowflakes

Start your review of Red Snowflakes
N.N. Light
Photographer Dena Williams has had enough of death and seeks solitude in the Oregon wilderness. She steps out too far onto a frozen lake and goes under. She somehow makes it out but she’s bleeding and near death when she crawls onto a porch and knocks. Little does she realize, her life is about to change forever. The owner of said house, Dimitri, is a sexy vampire and when he offers her an eternity of happiness, will she say yes and allow Dimitri to turn her or will she flee?

Red Snowflakes is a
Laura Baird
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A smart, sharp-witted female and a no-nonsense, sexy vampire make for a steamy and entertaining read.
Sabrina Fish
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even vampires deserve a Christmas miracle!

I really enjoyed Dimitri and Dena’s sweet Christmas story. And now I want a stained glass snowflake ornament for my tree!! I also loved that Ms. Harris’ vampires are not some evil abomination, but rather another race with the ability to have babies. I’d definitely be interested in other stories set in this world.
Jean Grant
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story was a spicy shorter read, a delight to indulge in on a cold winter's day. Dimitri is a vampire who has chosen a simple life, living in the woods, until his last day comes...if he doesn't meet his soulmate. The Christmas deadline looms. Along comes his soulmate, near death, in a winter storm of his doing. Two lonely souls find comfort in each other as the days lead up to Christmas. I liked Dimitri's softer side, his hobby of making stained glass snowflakes for the Christmas tree he ...more
Kat Mary
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first vampire book I have read in a long time and I've decided I need to read more of them! Who doesn't love a story about a sexy vampire? Dimitri and Dena's story is centered around Christmas and Dimitri yearning for his mate. It is a quick read that is a little unconventional but has the sweetness you expect from a holiday read. Great story!
Jeanne Richardson
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st book I've read written by Kristal Harris; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Barbara
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by this Author that I have read. It is a well written Christmas story. I enjoyed reading Forensic photographer, Dena Williams and Vampire, Dimitri Kovac's story, there is a serial killer that kept me turning pages until the end, I had to know how the story would be finished. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Christine Woinich
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick read that I did not want to put down. A vampire that had given up and waited to die. A woman who kept emotions under control. They came together and love blossomed swiftly. Dena and Dimitri made a wonderful couple. Dimitri was so honest with her, and she was so accepting of him. The emotions pulled me in and kept me turning pages. I highly recommend this story.

I received a copy of this story through Goddess Fish Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
Deb O
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such an awesome story that I highly recommend. It's well written with wonderful characters and great word usage pulling me in making me feel I'm there watching the story unfold. Dimitri is a vampire who every Christmas waits for a miracle, to find he mate. He finds his Christmas miracle in Dena. I loved Dimitri and Dena their chemistry was off the charts and I loved watching them grow and become a couple. This book had all the action, chemistry and romance and was very well written. A ...more
Riley
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This steamy tale featured a sweet, magical, vampire hottie and his kind-hearted, courageous soulmate. It was well written, but felt like there lacked a little closure in Dena's life and also like he ought to have introduced her to his only friend, Joe. But those are only minor details in an otherwise marvelously spicy story.

I received a free copy of this book, but that didn't affect my review.
Heather Wamboldt
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Red Snowflakes is a wonderful holiday romance, the story of Dmitri, a vampire who, every Christmas, hopes that this will be the year he finds his mate. The characters of Dmitri and Dena have amazing chemistry together. The story is well written, heartwarming, and with a steamy romance.

I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.

Andrea Lecras-mchale
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forensic photographer, Dena Williams, has spent her life trained to see what others cannot. Vampire, Dimitri Kovac, has waited every Christmas for a miracle that does not come until now. Absolutely loved Dena and Dimitri's story. Well written, and loose ends were tied up nicely. Blood mates for life.

Elvira
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book from the well developed and engaging characters that have lots of chemistry. And the storyline that flowed smoothly from beginning to the end.

Vicky
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Hot, emotional, reminiscent of “Beauty and the Beast” but with a hunky vampire. In this case Gaston is played by a serial killer and, though we aren’t there, he does get his in the end.

What I liked: The beautiful red snowflakes that Dmitri shapes from glass – it’s so touching that Dena wants to hang them all on their tree. The opening of the story is very strong—and very CSI. So be forewarned—it’s a murder scene and she’s photographing it. I loved the imagery the author gives us—it’s
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
I REALLY liked this story!

The idea is very original. To me, it had sort of a Beauty and the Beast flare to it, but once I finished page 1, I had a hard time putting it down!

I think what I liked the most (aside from Dimitri's complete, unconditional and undying love for Dena) was how Dena reacted to meeting, well, a real-life vampire. She wasn't as freaked or put-off as I've read in other books, and I rather liked that she took it all in stride for the most part.

Actually, I also really liked
Ashleigh
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emotional and fascinating!
This book is steamy and amazing and will push your boundaries and leave you breathless!

I loved everything about it - the characters, the plot, the emotion, the writing, and the ability that the author had to tell me a story - all of it had me wanting this book to go on and on.

The chemistry between the H and h is great plus their attitudes and events going on make the story even richer.

I received a copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
T.S. Petersen
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely Paranormal Christmas Novella. A fantastic way to relax on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. I really loved Dimitri and his caring nature. The humour between them was fun as well.
Tayra Sanders
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dimitri has given up on finding his blood mate with only five days left until his birthday. Then Dena shows up in a snow storm after nearly ding in the water. Guess who's door she knocks on. And guess who is home. KNOCK KNOCK WHO IS THERE? BOO ME. Ok, I just needed to play a little. I want you to remember my review. I liked this story.
Cyrene Olson
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Christmas themed book with a fairy tale aspect which reminds me of Beauty and the Beast. I really enjoyed reading this book in places I was giggling like a love struck teenager. It’s not weird to want to be bitten by a vampire right? Highly recommended for some pre- Christmas vampire fun
Reviewed by Jennifer
Sydney M Neblett
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Keeping the flame lit
This book was so much better than I anticipated. It is the first time I have read anything by the author and I wasn’t sure what to expect really. But she really brought everything I tend to look forward to in a romance novel, a tortured soul left without hope, a heroine who can save him, and a nasty piece of work who almost takes it all away. I absolutely enjoyed the part the ornaments played in the story and the way our heroine opened her heart and mind to love. These two
Cadence Vonn
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first vampire story. I’ve read other stories by Ms. Harris so I gave this a try and I’m glad I did! It’s a fun, fast-paced sexy read. The author’s vivid descriptions of the snow storm; the way she brought the heroine to the vampire’s doorstep was well written. And if you like your sex scenes HOT, you’ll enjoy the ones in the book. Lust to love, to a surprise ending makes this an enjoyable Christmas read!
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

Dimitri has just 5 days to convince Dena she is his fated mate, or he will die.

I really rather enyoyed this short tale of a lonley vampire waiting out his fate, I really did!

It's only short, 100 odd pages, but it was a surprising read and I cannot say why!

It's not overly sexy, and at one point I thought it might turn out clean, but I would have still enjoyed it.

Dimitri is vampire, and has some skills not *usually*
Jennifer Rose Bradley
Read for Uncagedbooks
Katy Nicholas
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a sucker for a good vampire book (no pun intended) and I also love a good wintery story - this has both. Well written and original!
Kristal Harris
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
To be honest, after I finished writing this book, I didn't like it...lol...and almost deleted the manuscript. My editor helped me see the beauty of the story. Maybe I was too close to it? Anyways, thank you readers who loved Red Snowflakes and left such wonderful comments in their reviews.

One reviewer mentioned it reminded her of a Beauty & the Beast story. Funny how I never thought of it that way, but it is. The stained-glass, red snowflakes are something I love and wanted to incorporate
Brandy Mulder
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This short story is perfect for the holidays for those who like books with vampires. I was hoping that this was part of a series so I could find out more but sadly it appears to be an individual novella and that's why I gave it four stars. It is a really sweet story about a vampire finding love when he has very little time left to live. The way he shows his love for the woman that he has spent years looking for is so sweet!
I just couldn't give it five stars though as I feel like the story is
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new the author to me and I will definitely be reading more from her. Dimitri has given up on finding his blood mate with only five days left until his 200th birthday and Christmas when Dena stumbles upon his doorstep. It is her, she can save Dimitri he only has to convince her to take that leap of faith and bond with him. Will time run out before he can with her heart?
Jordyn Kross
Dec 08, 2019
Michele Barnett
Nov 30, 2019
Rose Marie Camp
Nov 08, 2019

• Debriefing the Dead (Book 1 of The Dead Series)
  • Doctor Alien Is In: A Medical Play Romance (30 Books Erotica Halloween Taboo Sex Stories For Adults, #10)
  • Claimed By The Zandian (Zandian Brides, #6)
  • Feline The Heat (The Firehouse Feline, #1)
  • Unbreakable Bear (Cave & Claw Emporium, #2)
  • Bite of Betrayal (Diablo Falls)
  • Scale of Betrayal
  • Minotaur's Mate
  • Fire of Betrayal (Diablo Falls)
  • The Erotic Bestiary
  • Christmas with You (Four Irish Brothers Winery, #3)
  • Dragon Guardian of Land (Alphas & Alchemy: Elemental Shifters, #1)
  • Back to You this Christmas
  • The Dragon's Reluctant Sacrifice (Last Dragons, #1)
  • Pirate's Prey
  • The Tree of Time (Called by a Viking, #5)
  • Finn (Moonlight Wolves Book 4)
Kristal Dawn Harris is an award-winning, American romance author. She has been married for 27 years and has two children. Kristal finished a degree from Miami University in Accounting Technology, but quickly realized she preferred words over numbers. She is an avid reader and, in particular, loves darker paranormal romance. Her hobbies include coin collecting, physical fitness, stained-glass art ...more