Start by marking “Swallow (Forbidden Desires Spin-off #1)” as Want to Read:
Swallow (Forbidden Desires Spin-off #1)

Swallow

(Forbidden Desires Spin-off #1)

A Forbidden Desires Spin-Off Story.

Grimbold Drake, influential patriarch of the Drake family, revels in his solitary life of order—a life which is thrown into chaos when his son pays him an unexpected visit, bringing with him a broken but gorgeous young man more than a millennium Grimbold’s junior. A man Grimbold instantly finds himself yearning to fix, to protect, and to
Published July 29th 2019

Start your review of Swallow (Forbidden Desires Spin-off #1)
DarienMoya

The Story: 4 Pants Off

I LOVE THIS FAMILY! Harry shows up and I start crying 😭 cuz he’s forever my fave. So glad papa dragon got himself a mate.

The Narration: 5++++ PANTS OFF

No one does it better than Michael Ferraiuolo

description
Lorraine Lesar
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GrimboldDelight and WallyDelicious time!

We wanted it. They gave it to us.
Anything less than 5* would be not only an insult to this a.maz.ing Series, but the authors as well.
My only regret? Why wasn’t it longer!!!
Loved it.
Barbara➰
I was so excited to get Daddy Grim's story. He seems aloft and hard in other books but we get to see his sweet nurturing side. Poor Wally. He's had a rough life full of abuse and misery. He needed Grim to take care of him and give him all that he deserved.

This was a sweet spinoff of the Forbidden Desires series. My only complaint is, I wish it was longer. It seemed rushed and I think it would have been great longer. Plus, what happened to Wally's sire? Did I miss something there?

Hopefully we'll
Eugenia
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delectable novella narration by Michael Ferraiuolo! Yes! It’s worth the whispersynch price!!

Daddy Grim is sooooo growly!!! Yum!

Original review July 2019:
Adorable!! More dragons!!

What an adorable novella ❤️❤️ featuring an abused Topaz omega, Wally, and the head to the Amethyst clan, Grimbold!!

Harry and Ev make several appearances, as does Steve the iguana.

Super fun read! Mpreg and knotting 😉! Best enjoyed in series order.

Triggers: past abuse.
Trio
Completely and thoroughly delicious. To see gruff and growly Grimbold Drake find his mate? *sigh* It was truly perfect. I couldn't dream up a better true love for him than Wally. He's adorable, and after everything he's been through at the Cloister, well he's just as sweet as he can be.

Plus there are some bonus visits from a few of our favorite characters, and scenes of Grandad Grim!

Michael Ferraiuolo is always spectacular and he rises to the occasion in Swallow. One of his finest talents is his
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a fan of the Forbidden Desires Series
so I was super excited to see a spin-off. In this case, I felt like more would be better and believe me, I was not wrong.

I LOVED THIS! I loved this even more than the original series. I couldn't put this down and I just felt so much while reading it! The story was at first heartbreaking and then sugary sweet and then on fire hot.

Joy is the perfect word to describe the entire read. One big bunch of joy.

I had no idea I even cared about Grimbold! I do now
⚣Michaelle⚣
Audio Review 19Jan2020: Even better with the audio; Michael F does such a good job with all the voice and accents...and I am really looking forward to more. Off to listen to Book 3 of the Forbidden Desires series since I accidentally skipped it.

Original Review 05Aug2019: I only wish it were longer! I hope there are more coming for this series...
Cadiva
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well that was just ridiculously sweet!

Seeing the Amethyst clan leader and big bad daddy Drake Grimbold find his Wally was just gorgeous. I loved how his character changed over the three previous books as he came to realise he'd not been active enough in helping dragonkind.

There was a good slow burn up to their partnership starting and it worked well.
Rachel Emily
Sooooo happy to get more books and stories with the amethyst dragons!

In this story, we have Grimbold, the father of the amethyst dragons who were all MCs in the Forbidden Desires trilogy. When he meets Wally, a timid and abused dragonet/disgrace (as they are wrongfully called) something about the young man speaks out to Grim - that he is meant to care for him and show Wally his true worth.

I just adored this story. Of course, I loved the cameos from Harry, Ev, and Steve. I love seeing the babies
Tammy
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet read 😍
W.
UPDATE Audiobook review 01-05-20
Narrated by: Michael Ferraiuolo

Yaaaay, the Dream Team of Piper Scott, Virginia Kelly & Michael Ferraiuolo is Together Again!

Overall: 4.5 stars
Story : 4.5 stars
Narration: 5 stars

I loved listening to this entertaining , sexy and delightful , Mpreg, Dragon shifter , MM Rom-Com .

Michael Ferraiuolo narration was phenomenal . He made me laugh out loud , got me all warm and bothered, even made me tear up with his performance.

ORIGINAL Ebook review 06-30-19

Can't get enou
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Yes yes yes!!! PLEASE MORE! I loved this one. Wally was adorable and Grimold was awesome. The hurt/comfort is strong, the ending divine. Why isn't this a full length story? I know it was supposed to be a trilogy but please give us more. This is probably in my top 5 series (MM) EVER and I so want more. ...more
Pam
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gb-20q3
It just wasn't long enough to feel like Wally's complete turn-around with his trust issues was earned. He's in such a bad place when the book starts, and it's coming from a lifetime of conditioning, which also caused a tiny bit of ick factor when they started their physical relationship. The dragon world-building and evolution is what made the original series interesting enough to work for me, and I think we're mostly done with that part now, so I'm going to stop here with the spin-offs. ...more
Stephanie ✨
4✨

I didn't know that I needed a story about Grimbold, but I did.

In the first three books, I always pictured him as this straight-laced, no nonsense, cold, foreboding dragon. The woman who bore his clutch wasn't in the picture and Grimbold had never been mated to her, so I was wondering who could capture this big Daddy dragon's heart and keep it.

Swallow - Wally, as he prefers; and Walter, as he is renamed by Grimbold - was abused by his sire and was found living in his closed and dilapidated cloi
Tracy
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
4.5☆ Loved this one! Can't wait for the next book. ...more
Lily
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WONDERFUL!!! Amazing!
I was delighted to see a new, warmer side to Grim as a father, grandfather and caretaker of Swallow. But the real star of this book was Swallow, a Topaz omega, that was a half-crazed, scarred thing that had endured a lifetime of torture and fear at the hands of dragons. In the care of Grimbold Drake not only did he learn to trust again, but he learned to stand up for himself and fight for his happiness! It was just such a heartfelt journey for the both of them and I was so p
Lori
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's weird that I started reading the omegaverse very skeptically and although it took me a while to get into it, I am loving most of the stories I have read. The Forbidden Desires series is one of my favorites because there's humor galore and although there is some angst, it works well with the story. The mpreg aspect of the omegaverse was very strange to me when I first started reading it but now I'm like "they're laying eggs!? Sure, bring it on!"

Grimbold was so much sweeter here than he was i
Kelly
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is so good.

Arc provided courtesy of LesCourt
All reviews are voluntary and my honest opinion.

You're definitely going to want to read the original series to understand what's going on here. But the good news is the entire series is absolutely amazing, including this novella.

Grim has finally seen the error of his ways, when he's introduced to severely abused Walter of the Topez Clan. Grim has to reign in his claiming instincts and put Wally's needs first. He finds himself very much wan
Lisazj1
There are never enough dragons! *unless they're Topaz*

Just as genuinely sweet and adorable as the previous ones, though I never would have believed Grim had it in him. I hope Piper Scott never gets tired of writing this world, because I certainly will never get tired of reading it!
Bookreader87(Amanda)
This book softened Grimbold. I thought he was a grumpy old dragon but his kindness toward Walter changed my view.
HanakaLu
4,75 ⭐️

So.... I loved this book, and I'm so happy to be back with my dragons! I feel like I want to adopt everyone right now... 🙊🤦🏻‍♀️
And, yeah... I want to adopt Wally. ( but can you blame me? he's so adorable, and broken, and he must be protected at all cost!!! 🤷🏻‍♀️)
Also, Grimbold Drake. The father of all the dragons we love today. Powerful, leader Grimbold. He knows his past mistake and is ready to work to fix all his fault.. I liked him too. I mean, I wanted a book for him for so long.
Mimi
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fani *loves angst*
Not my cuppa I'm afraid. I liked the first two books of the forbidden desires series, but was very disappointed with the last two. I found Walter/Wally's recovery after the meeting with Vadim and the kids a bit too fast for my liking and I couldn't understand Grimbold's attachment to Wally, who had zero personality till that point. ...more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
A delightful way to pass the time while out walking or sitting on a beach or even before a fire on a cold winter day, this is an audiobook I'll listen to again. I always love the voice of Michael Ferrauilo. In this story Grimbold, the elder of the Drake clan finally meets his mate: a young man named Swallow, who goes by the nickname Wally until Grimbold, who finds that distasteful, renames him Walter.

Picture stuffy old Grimbald falling in love, finding his mate, and spending some time with his
Anabela.M.
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
My,how the mighty have fallen!
Head of the dragon council Grimbold Drake falls hard from his high horse of rightfulness when he realizes how badly the Pedigree omegas were really treated throughout the centuries. Heck...he,himself,has been one of those full of prejudice and misconceptions ,but now he's sorry for all the years of disinterest in the suffering of such a big portion of the dragon population.

And maybe his guilty conscience is part of the reason why the decides to have omega Wally(Swa
Badh
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OK, the name of this book may sound like it's really obscene, but it isn't. It does, however, start out as a very nasty thing.

I've been waiting for Grimbold's book since the very first book in this series. I thought that he was going to be all stiff and proper and just emotionless, but he's really the complete opposite, especially when his grandwhelps are around.

Swallow/Walt is a Disgrace who has been terribly tormented, but now he's been freed from the people who were evil to him, but he thin
Heather
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so good, I loved it! I’ve been a huge fan of the Forbidden Desires series, so when I saw there was a spinoff book I knew it was a must read for me. Piper and Virginia made me fall in love with dragons and eggs, meggs and I don’t know where I would be without this subgenre in my reading world! I loved Wally and Grimbold’s story, and Wally was just the sweetest. I really wanted to cuddle him and pat his head to set him at ease. Just the same, I loved the patience that Grimbold showed Wall ...more
llv
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars
I didn’t quite like this one as much as I did the rest of the books in the series. I think the book was too short. Enough time passed in the book that Grimbold didn’t rush the mating with Wally who was extremely traumatized but much of that time happened off page, so it still felt rushed. Also a lot of things were mentioned and then not explored. The conflict with Wally’s sire for example felt like it was left unresolved. Seeing Harry and Steve the iguana again along with Everar
FantasyLiving
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great introduction into the new series arch which I hope will continue. I’d recommend reading the first Forbidden Desires series before picking this one up so you get the back story of all the characters who appear.

This is a little more emotionally heavy than the first three books, but completely worth it for the journey Wally goes through.

I loved this just as much as the rest, if not more for the expansion on the consequences of the old Draconian laws that have been dismantled.

And now I fe
~nikki the recovering book addict
Short and sweet

This was short and sweet! Not sure if the characters particularly stood out. It was a little too short for that. But it was nice to see everard and his many nicknames 😆
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Twelfth Knight (Guardians of Camelot, #1)
  • Raven's Hart (Haven Hart Universe #7)
  • Omega's Secret Alpha (Omega's Under Siege #2)
  • Taming the Alpha (Burns Brothers, #2)
  • Heart Strain (Interlocking Fragments #1)
  • Lovers (Wolves of Royal Paynes, #3)
  • Your Kind of Man (HeavyLoad! #2)
  • Omega Kidnapped (Bad Guys and Babies #1)
  • Let's Make a Baby
  • Troubled Waters (Pine Cove #2)
  • Omega's Protector (Irresistible Omegas #5.5)
  • A Home for Ben (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #3)
  • Claiming My Omega (Blackwater Pack #2)
  • Claiming My Enemy (Blackwater Pack, #4)
  • Embracing Love (Embrace #2)
  • Heat Seeking Alpha (Omega for Hire #2)
  • His First Kiss (His First #3)
  • Claiming My Co-Worker (Blackwater Pack, #3)
Piper Scott debuted as a trio of authors looking to write together for fun. Their collaboration led to three novella-length books (Love Me, Save Me, and Keep Me,) before life sent them in different directions, leaving just one author with an omegaverse plot bunny that wouldn’t leave her alone. Obey was born several months later… but the plot bunny never left—it multiplied.

Left to her own devices,

Forbidden Desires Spin-off (3 books)
  • Magpie (Forbidden Desires Spin-Off #2)
  • Finch (Forbidden Desires Spin-off, #3)

News & Interviews