Start by marking “With a Twist (Bad Habits, #1)” as Want to Read:
With a Twist (Bad Habits, #1)

With a Twist

(Bad Habits #1)

Love is somewhere near the bottom of Lily Thomas’ list of life goals, right next to competitive eating and underwater cave diving. She’s spent six years pirouetting and pliéing her way up the ranks of the New York Ballet with her eye on the prize and love in the back seat. But now that Blane Baker -- Lily’s long time crush -- is finally single, she’ll throw her rules out t ...more
Published (first published July 16th 2015)

Start your review of With a Twist (Bad Habits, #1)
Christy
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!!!

photo Staci Hart_zps41g5r1xm.png

Every time I read a Staci Hart book I fall in love. The stories, the characters, the writing, I always look forward to reading her books. By the end of this year I WILL have them all read :D With a Twist is a fantastically fun, sweet and sexy friends to lovers book.
”We'd always been affectionate, always been close, but the boundaries were firmly in place we were friends.”

West and Lily are friends and neighbors. They are always there for one another and are very close.
• Lisa •
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to • Lisa • by: Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
FOUR BAD HABIT STARS.

"Sometimes love leaves you spinning."

description

If this novel is an example of a bad habit then I'll gladly take up its offer of a life of weakness and stay happily addicted, thank you very much. A Staci Hart book is what every romance lover dreams of and If this book is anything to go by I can already foresee that she will fast become one of my favourite authors. After receiving a gorgeously enthusiastic message from one of my goodreads friends about this book (thank you Angie) I
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
OH MY LORD!!!!!
OH MY GOD.

What a great book.
What a phenomenal freaking read.

You know, going into a novel I always feel a sense of nervousness. Especially if the book's from an author I haven't read before. I'll admit, I tend to stick with authors who I trust to deliver a well written read. I don't step outside of my "go to" bubble very much. Of course, I'll pick up a book here and there, but for the most part I have a list of writers I gravitate to.

I'm so unbelievably thrilled to have found a "ne
~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

With a Twist is a sweet, friends to lovers romance that is a light and funny read.

Lily and West have been friends for quite a few years and have always friend zoned each other for various reasons.

West is a teaching assistant at Colombia and hoping to get into the doctoral programme, whilst Lily is starring in Swan Lake at the New York Ballet. They often hang out together with a larger group of friends, of which we are introduced to together they form a large part of the story.

Li
Ashleyjo
Dec 19, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Geesh! I'll just never understand why a reader would be interested in reading a story where the MCs are screwing other people before getting a HEA together.

I've read very few books where om/ow works for me, and then only because the screwing of others has a monumental... Tastefully Written point to it for the plot and/or characters.

That monumental tact with ow/om is not the case in this book at all.

My safety gang friends, this will be a no-go for yall!

The female mc Lily is a dancer with
Patrycja
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
1-Click Addict Support Group
Ughhhh, this book! This book is pretty much everything right now. I just finished it and I'm so flipping in love, with West, with Lily, with this crew, I can't even. <<-- Can't even what? No. Idea. I just can't, okay?

With years of friendship between them, Lily Thomas and Weston Williams aren't looking at each with love in their eyes. Nope, their friendship is based on a solid foundation of support, crappy reality TV and understanding.

They've never wanted to step outside the confines of the fri
Polly
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 43%. Didn't like Lily and both characters were still sleeping with others.
Not my thing at all!!
Ugh I had high hopes
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

I knew I was going to fall in love with this book the moment I laid my eyes on the first page.
OH, MY GOD. I CANNOT believe this is actually happening.

It was the only thought in my brain, and it echoed over and over again as I stared in the studio mirror, gripping the barre as Blane Motherfucking Baker nailed me from behind.

This opening line guarantees a hooked reader. There are no turning back.

With a Twist follows the story of Lily, a ballerina who finally has the chance to start a relationship
DW
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read. I laughed several times at Lily. She was a fun character with a really great personality. The characters were easy to get attached to. Its pretty much a story about young adults living the dream in New York. A bartender, ballet dancer, a teacher and newly single girl from Mississippi.

I will read the next book in the series to see what happens between Cooper and Maggie.
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
I hate to say I expected more from this book but I did. The heroine, Lily, got on my nerves.
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo REVIEWBUTTON_zpsdoyr98fj.jpg

LOVED it!!! This book had me curious since the first moment I saw the blurb and cover. When I was given one of the first copies, I was ecstatic! I sure wasn't disappointed.
It's been a while since I've read a best friends-turn- lovers story and I think this is one of the best I've ever read.
The book had it all; humor, love, friendship, passion and villains that you just have to hate!
Lily is a dancer and she is currently preparing for the dance of her life; Swan Lake.
West is a Teacher's Assist
Michelle
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 01-signed
With a Twist is the story of Lily Thomas and West Williams, not just a love story but one that also encompasses a story of friendship. When Lily gets the promotion within the New York City Ballet, the crush she’s had since high school is within her reach, but all the anticipation of wanting Blane doesn’t match the reality.

As West awaits news if he gets to progress in his academic career, it suddenly hits him that what he feels for Lily is far greater than the friendship they share. But now Blan
Nina
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
This was a quick and fun read and I definitely enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the first half of the book was a little slow and I'm also not the biggest fan of the author's writing style which is why I'm giving this 3 out of 5 stars!
✶Rachelle✶

Cutesy, light and fluffy romance reminiscent of How I Met Your Mother and Friends.

RTC
--------

I am desperate for anything to get me out of this slump
Mallory
2 stars

After reading Wasted Words I felt like I needed more Staci Hart. I loved her build up to the relationship after their friendship. However, With A Twist just made me do a 180.

These two main characters were with other people for like 2/3 of the book. And they didn't really take the transition from friends to in lurve very slowly. It just was not for me. I was hoping to love this series, but I'm probably going to pass now :(
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
With A Twist by Staci Hart
4 stars!!!

“Sacrificing satin and leather, one concerto at a time.”

I was first introduced to Staci Hart through her Hardcore series which I absolutely loved. I have to admit that series caught my eye because of the amazing covers and once again, I love the cover that Staci has chosen to adorn With A Twist. Once I find an author that I love I don’t tend to read blurbs, I just dive in and that was the case with this, so I was pleasantly surprised that this was
Rejane
Paula

Oh, this was so stinkin' fun to read! Loved the writing and the characters! Looking forward to the next book!

Brie
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes love leaves you spinning.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well let me tell you, With a Twist will definitely leave you twirling on your twinkle toes! This romantic comedy is a friends to lovers novel but, sweet whiskey on Weston's lips it is so much more!

Weston is an intellectual being. From his beard and man-bun to his deep thoughts and love of all things Shakespearian, I love this man. I want to make love to his mind while immersing myself into every single part of him.

“I just never saw Sha
Jacqueline
2.5 bit on the slow side stars.

This is a sweet friends to lovers story. She's a principal ballerina, he's an English Major. Oh and he has a beard and man bun. Not sure how I feel about the man bun tbh, but, details.

Normally I love the gradual realisation that goes on in a friends to lovers story, with crackling chemistry zipping around every time they're together, but this was an unusual narrative in that neither of them realises they feel anything but friendship until the 50% mark and then the
Syndi
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its NA book with characters that are not mature yet. I do not love this book but i also do not hate it.
The story is good. And I think the author likes to write with flirty and fun tone.

I like Wes. He is handsome and sweet male. But Lily is just so immature. I just can not connect to her.

3 stars
Hannah ◇Reader in the Rough◇
"The opera had just been so overwhelming, not only because of the performance, but because of West. When he showed up in that suit and looked at me like … I don’t even know what. That look hit me in a way I couldn’t sort out. All night long, I kept catching myself falling into him, into his eyes, into his words."

This is a fluffy modern story about a lumbersexual named West and a blonde ballerina named Lily. There is wit, a sweet build-up, but not much that is new.

"Her smile was soft and lovely a
Sara
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july-2015
Well, had some kinda high hopes on this one. I didn't particularly care for the main characters. I found myself wanting to know more about Rose and Patrick instead since there was more drama and story there.
Weston and Lily have known each other for quite some time since she is best friends with his sister. They hang out, always staying in the friend zone. She has the hits for hottie dancer Blane and all of a sudden West becomes jealous and can't figure out why. Yet everyone else knows and just
Alyssa | Swept Away By Books
It really took about 40% to feel like it really got going but I appreciated the build up. And the rest from there was just perfectly brilliant and ADORABLE OMG. These characters are so unreal and Hart really fleshed them out beautifully. I cannot wait to get the rest of their stores and have more about Lily and West.

The ballet and academic portion of this were brilliant as well. I always wanted to be a ballerina and I just adored all of the dance.

Read this book if you love perfect things.
nick
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5/5

The rivalries were really over the top. I hated the cattiness between Nadia and Lily. It was awful to read about. The romance was cute but so so so cheesy. Also, Lily was kind of annoying with her obsession with Blane and her inability to see what a dick he was.
I did enjoy the secondary characters though and I'll be picking up the next book if it's about Trick and Rosie.
NMmomof4
This is Lily and West's story. Lilly and West have been best friends for years, but when she starts showing an interest in her co-lead in the ballet company she works for, Blane, West realizes that he has stronger feelings for her than just friendship. Both of them hadn't denied their attraction to each other, but they both had put each other in the friends category and wouldn't dare to mess that up once they became best friends. After some drama with Blane, they work out their feelings and find ...more
Autumn Review
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites, review
I'm a huge fan of friends to lovers tropes and Hart nailed this one! As far as book boyfriend's go, West was perfection and everything I look for in a hero. If you're looking for a bad boy, he won't be your pick. But if you're looking for a truly good man with morals, respect for women, and has a good heart...West is your guy.

As for Lily, I liked her. I could relate to her ambitious nature and her kind heart. What made Lily the most likable to me though was Lily and West together. The complemen
Jacqueline's Reads
It's LIVEEEE and only 99 cents - http://amzn.to/1M85PoO ...more
Red Cheeks Reads
“The guy was gorgeous and smart, funny, driven. And with manners. A total catch. If he wasn’t my best friend, I’d be all over that.”

What do you get when you put a ballet dancer, a TA from Columbia with a man bun, a group of too sexy and fun for their own good friends along with a ton of whiskey, sexual tension and some great laugh out loud moments? You get a book you can’t put down! With a Twist is both a light funny book and an angst ridden love triangle all wrapped up together.

“I didn’t

• Always Only You (Bergman Brothers, #2)
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Beef Cake (Donner Baker, #4)
  • Upsy Daisy
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not (The Flower Shop Sisters #2)
  • Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Dating Games (Dating Games, #1)
  • The Enemy (It Happened in Charleston, #2)
  • Kiss My Cupcake
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life: a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can’t forget that. She’s also been a mom to three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She’s been a wife, even though she’s certainly not the cleanest, nor is she the best cook. She’s also super, duper fun at a par ...more

Bad Habits (4 books)
  • Chaser (Bad Habits, #2)
  • Last Call (Bad Habits, #3)
  • Happily Ever Habits (Bad Habits, #3.5)