Start by marking “Night of the Owl (The Novels of Ravenwood, #4)” as Want to Read:
Night of the Owl (The Novels of Ravenwood, #4)

Night of the Owl

(The Novels of Ravenwood #4)

PhD student Ardyth Nightshade has renounced men and pursues her twentieth-century career with single-minded focus. When fate whisks her to medieval England, she meets her match in a man whose passions mirror her own. Can she sacrifice ambition for a love she never sought?

Hugh, Lord Seacrest confounds all who know him. He refuses to marry without a meeting of minds and
Published October 21st 2019 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Night of the Owl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night of the Owl

Start your review of Night of the Owl (The Novels of Ravenwood, #4)
Carvanz
Wow! I didn’t see that coming...at all! This was a deliciously wonderful time travel romance and I’m already hungering to do a reread!

Related image

When Ardyth receives a summer job in England as a research assistant in medieval history, she didn’t realize what an up close a personal look she was going to have. Whisked back to the year 1101, she finds herself with a small assistant and soon she’s enmeshed in the type of life she’s dedicated years to. As she settles in as a scribe, she has to remind herself
InD'tale Magazine
The story is imaginative, delightful and full of mystery that fully engages the reader.

Read full review in the 2020 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
N.N. Light
Ardyth Nightshade is through with men. She’s much rather lose herself in research at her family’s medieval estate than give her heart to another man. When the caretaker leads her to a historical set of stairs, she finds herself back in time, more specifically to Medieval England. Good thing she’s fluent in both Saxon and Norman languages, cultures and customs. Before long, she’s whisked away to the estate of Lord Hugh Seacrest. From the moment she meets Hugh, sparks fly. He’s not at all what he ...more
Carole Burant
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can this series get any better?!! I just finished reading this 4th book in the series and O.M.G. my mind is still spinning! lol Brilliant story that encompasses time travel and add to that mystery, danger, adventure and love.

Ardyth is going about her business in the year 1986 when she suddenly finds herself in the 12th century England!! Good thing she has studied medieval times, as well as having learned the Anglo-Saxon and Anglo-Norman languages! I just loved her character and had to giggle at
Susan C
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great time travel novel

Judith Sterling weaves a tale of time travel with Night of the Owl. Sir Hugh Seacrest of the 12th century meets his match in 20th century Ardyth when she travels back in time, meeting not only her ancestors, but the love of her life. Throw in a murder mystery and you have a great novel. Unlike other time travel stories, Ardyth doesn’t in into much distrust from family members, especially since they seem to expect her. A surprise twist at the end caps this fun tale. I look
Sandy
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, time-travel
I enjoy time travel stories and this is one of the best I’ve read. Ardyth is a scholar studying the medieval period that she travels to so she knows the language and what life is like during that period. I found that that made a huge difference in the plausibility of her fitting in which is usually one of the biggest problems I have with time travel tales. I liked the characters and I wanted them to find a way to stay together and have their happily ever after. This was a hard book to put down.
JoAnne
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mostly set in the medieval times this time travel tale is filled with suspense, twists & turns, magic, intrigue, and romance. Definitely didn't see that twist coming at the end but it such an awesome twist. I couldn't put this one down it was so intriguing -- became totally immersed in the story and characters.
Natalie
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a time travel romance and book 4 in the novels of Ravenwood series.

This book is a breath of fresh air and I fully intend to read the beginning of this series when I get a chance.

Judith is a strong female character which is always good to read about.

This story is imaginative and romantic and I highly recommend reading it
Jennifer Halloway ong
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing !

A beautifully written story of time travel , mystery and love . Ardyth traveled back in time and fell in love with Hugh Lord Seacrest . The storyline is incredible and full of surprises !!
Wanda Foss Osepowicz
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Romantic time travel storyline I enjoyed and look forward to reading rest of the series
Mona williams
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
this was a really good book. she is brought back to the past where she sees a guy she knows from the future. he wants to marry a woman but hes not sure she is the one. she has some strange things she does. read to find out what happens.
Crystal
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fall in love

Never been one for time travel. But, WOW what and awesome book. Well written, was not expecting the ending. Couldn't put it down.
Deborah Roussety
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was giving an advance copy of this book which is book 4 in this amazing series of The Novels of Ravenwood.
Loved the characters Ardyth and Hugh they have great chemistry between them and Ardyth makes you laugh with her silent thoughts and is a strong female character and the perfect match for Hugh, a trip back to medieval times bringing characters from the other series into the story another great read, Judith is an amazing storyteller,this book and the series is a definite read .
Loved the
Dawn
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is the 4th book in the series "The Novels of Ravenwood"... and this one starts with a surprise.
If you've read my reviews for the rest of the series then I don't need to repeat that I think Judith Sterling is a superb story-teller and author, or how the the character/world building is so good you'll think you're reading actual history!
So, what I should say is this: Just read this series - you won't be disappointed.
I adore this
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
When vintage meets historical you get Ardyth, a PhD student in Medieval studies living in the 1980s. She gets a job in a castle owned by her family to do research. Luckily, she knows old languages because that talent will be used. Henri, an attractive professor, greets her there. He seems antsy, as if he’s hiding something. Could he be the antagonist?

Going through a mystical time portal, Ardyth finds herself in the twelfth century. Fortunately, a precious child, Freya, is there to help her and
Judith Sterling
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I sincerely hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I enjoyed writing it. The hero and heroine’s mutual love of history reflects my husband’s and mine. You might say history brought us together because right around the same time, each of us decided independently to move from different parts of the country to Virginia, specifically to seek work at Colonial Williamsburg. Nowadays, we work (respectively) at The House of the Seven Gables and The Witch House in Salem, MA. There’s a lot of both of ...more
Jenn poandl
Darlene Owen
Gina
Jenn Fike
Jan 27, 2020

• A Winter Knight (Knights of Destiny Book 2)
  • Sinners' Opera
  • A Second Chance (Love Through Time Book 1)
  • Four White Roses
  • Bishop Takes Knight (Redclaw Origins Book 1)
  • Breaking the Rules
  • Monsters in My Closet
  • His Candy Christmas (A Redford Falls Novel Book 1)
  • A Vampyre's Daughter
  • Miss Christmas: A Sexy Romantic Comedy (Regal Family Book 5)
  • The Berserker's Bride
  • This Time
  • Justice for All (A Holt Foundation Story Book 1)
  • Alien Bonds (Wakanreo, #1)
  • Two Hearts Unlikely Heroes (Two Hearts Wounded Warrior Romance #9)
  • The Lovers (The Banished Gods, #5)
  • A Heart of Little Faith
  • R.I.P. Parts 1 and 2
Judith Sterling is an award-winning author whose love of history and passion for the paranormal infuse everything she writes. Whether penning medieval romance (The Novels of Ravenwood) or young adult paranormal fantasy (the Guardians of Erin series), her favorite themes include true love, destiny, time travel, healing, redemption, and finding the hidden magic which exists all around us. She loves ...more

The Novels of Ravenwood (4 books)
  • Flight of the Raven (The Novels of Ravenwood, #1)
  • Soul of the Wolf (The Novels of Ravenwood, #2)
  • Shadow of the Swan (The Novels of Ravenwood, #3)