Start by marking “Won't You Come and Save Me, Oh Soldier” as Want to Read:
Won't You Come and Save Me, Oh Soldier

Won't You Come and Save Me, Oh Soldier

(Ghostly Shadows #3)

The actress might be dead, but her voice keeps singing to him…

Something about that murdered woman got to the detective. She was a missing person he was tracing – a young starlet – but by the time he found her, she was a bloated corpse on a dockside. One moonless night she’d been beaten, strangled and dumped in the Thames.

Her gangster boyfriend thinks he’s got away with mur
Published July 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Won't You Come and Save Me, Oh Soldier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Won't You Come and Save Me, Oh Soldier

Start your review of Won't You Come and Save Me, Oh Soldier
Bill Lynas
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
In 1950s London the body of a young actress is found in the Thames & a private detective is determined to catch the killer for his final case.
FR Jameson proves once again that he is a master in creating fictional characters that feel like real people. His dialogue flows beautifully & reading one of his books is like meeting up with an old & trusted friend.
Isaiah
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
To see more reviews check out MI Book Reviews.mi

I got an ARC of this book.

I don't like detective stories . The whodunit bores me. I have fallen asleep in many mystery books. I had hope that this one would be different since Jameson is quickly becoming my favorite horror author. It was different, but not enough to make me fall in love.

There were some of the staples of the detective novels that I am just bored of. The MC is a loner. He used to be on the force, but he left all of that behind him.
F.R.
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My new novella WON'T YOU COME AND SAVE ME, OH SOLDIER is now. A tale of murder and supernatural revenge in 1950's London, it is well worth grabbing yourself a copy. From page one, this is a book of anticipation, of mounting dread. There is clearly something at the periphery which the reader isn’t aware of, and the narrator is only partly aware of. Gradually – and grippingly – all is revealed at the dramatic, terrifying conclusion.
As I say, well worth a read!
Jen
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A detective hears a song that drives him to exact vengeance for a young starlet in Won't You Come and Save Me, Oh Soldier by F.R. Jameson.

To read this, and other book reviews, visit my website: http://makinggoodstories.wordpress.com/.

Starting as a case to try and track down a missing actress, by the time the detective found her she was a corpse being pulled from the water of the Thames. Compelled by her song that he hears within the confines of his mind, he investigates those who were involved i
the-librarian
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Won’t You Come and Save Me, Oh Soldier is another great addition to F.R. Jameson’s Ghostly Shadows series. It is a supernatural, thriller, whodunit novella with more than enough unique twists and turns to keep your interest.

A budding actress, who is dating a man with mob connections, goes missing. The movie studio, and her parents, hire a down-on-his luck private detective to find out where she has gone. When she turns up dead, the cops quickly give up on the case and the detective determines he
Todd Simpson
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another exceptional novel by F.R. Jameson. He certainly knows how to write a thoroughly entertaining Thriller. It has quite a few memorable and very diverse characters, which I love. I also enjoyed that the book is quite unpredictable, and I wasn’t quite sure what was going to happen.
Being a private detective was just a little bit harder than being detective with the police force. It was certainly harder in this case when he wanted to investigate the death of Sarah Gosforth, who was foun
Tammy
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Wow story. I feel like each book gets better and better. It was well written and kept my interest till the end. I loved the story and was really shocked on the ending. Very good story and hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I did. I find myself anxious to read the next one to see what will happen next. I hope to read more books from the author book shelf.
“I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book and was not required to leave a review.”
Kirsten E.
May 10, 2020
Vanessa
Nov 19, 2020
Linda Wylie
rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2019
added it
May 07, 2020

• A Family for Christmas
  • The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas / Gabriel's Angel
  • Broken (New Beginnings, #6)
  • The One for Me (January Cove, #1)
  • Winter's Mourn (Winter Black #1)
  • The Lost Girls
  • The Chestnut Man
  • Christmas in Magnolia Cove (New Beginnings, #5)
  • The Color of Destiny (The Color of Heaven Series #2)
  • Winter's Curse (Winter Black #2)
  • Death of Lord Percy (An Aristocratic Sleuths Mystery)
  • Hardback Homicide (Shelf Indulgence #1)
  • Clouds in my Coffee (The Country Club Murders, #3)
  • State of the Art Heist (Booker Brothers Detective Agency #1)
  • Christmas with Tiffany
  • The Color of Heaven (The Color of Heaven, #1)
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Mistletoe and Mochas (Holidays and Heroes, #1)
F.R. Jameson was born in Wales, but now lives in London with his wife and young daughter. He writes both historical thrillers and supernatural thrillers.

His books are, at the moment, mostly sorted into two different – but complimentary – series. The first, ‘Screen Siren Noir’, currently comprises of three novels: ‘Diana Christmas’, ‘Eden St. Michel’ and ‘Alice Rackham’. All of which tell the stori

Ghostly Shadows (6 books)
  • Death at the Seaside