Start by marking “The Hatch” as Want to Read:
The Hatch

The Hatch

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  12 ratings  ·  9 reviews
'With technology becoming so complex and overriding ethical boundaries and our ever-expanding push into space, we have to develop our senses to their fullest potential. We have to evolve faster.' These are the words her mother spoke the night before she left on an EASA-sponsored mission in space. She never came back.

After her mothers funeral, her brother also joined EASA.
Published December 31st 2019 by Odyssey Books

To ask other readers questions about The Hatch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hatch

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Hatch
Clare Rhoden
The Hatch is fast, gripping sci-fi that won't let you go. Britta, a psychic intern in Earth's combined space program, searches across the galaxy for her missing mother and brother. The mix of science and psychology is entrancing, the world-building is insanely realistic (so easy to imagine Earth ending up this way!), and the characters feel like friends for life. If you love smart and emotionally satisfying sci-fi, this is for you.
I couldn't put this book down and consequently, right now I'm
Shelley Nolan
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had been wanting to read this book ever since I found out about it during #WeLoveOurAuthors promotion prior to its release, and it did not disappoint. I was drawn in by the idea of a young woman searching to find out what happened to her missing family members in a story that incorporated spaceships, conspiracies, alien creatures and psychic abilities. It was fascinating to read about how the EASA had utilised psychics to help find habitable worlds and to determine certain actions. But at ...more
Bibiana Krall
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Hatch by Michelle Saftich is an imaginative story that takes you beyond the Milky Way to deep space and beyond. The themes of family struggle, hard choices, and the cost of corrupt leadership feel very current and important to consider.

Brita is a bold and engaging young heroine with incredible gifts of deep empathy, ESP, and many more psychic gifts that not only help her connect, but also put her in jeopardy when the tone of the story changes.

Its a classic plot of an individual with a moral
Kylie Greer
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable and easy read. Whilst sci-fi isnt my usual genre of books, this story kept me thoroughly entertained and reminded me of elements of JD Robb and Suzanne Collins. Am looking forward to seeing where the journey takes us next, both in space and psychically. ...more
Rainah
Mar 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Thank you to publisher for a free copy of this book through NetGalley.

I enjoyed this book a lot. It was a casual read, definitely aimed at an audience younger than myself. That didnt detract from my experience though. I found it was a relatively quick read but reading too fast meant you missed out on a lot of interesting and evocative foreshadowing and imagery, crows for death, flowers for happiness etc.

The story itself brought along a unique perspective to sci fi by essentially combining a
Bobbie Kirkland
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of THE HATCH by Michelle Saftich in exchange for an honest review. This is futuristic novel wherein EASA is a militaristic entity involved in policing colonies. Shortly after Britta Tates mother died in the service of EASA, Brittas older brother enlisted and left his family behind. Soon, EASA conscripts Britta for her psychic abilities and inserts her into grueling psychic and military training. Shortly after Brittas brother goes missing, EASA organizes a mass exodus from ...more
Justine
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Ener Eknar
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A book that is both a space adventure and a journey into the inner psyche of the self.
Michelle Saftich paints a universe that is multi-dimensional, and where the vast expanses of time and space are accessible through human consciousness in states of deep meditation.
I was engaged with the main character from the beginning and the initial development of the characters made a dramatic and riveting closing sequence.
Not your standard sci-fi read.
Renee
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Overall kept me very entertained!

Full review coming soon....
Aimee McCague
Tasha☺
Mar 31, 2020

• Such a Fun Age
  • Dear Edward
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Stories to Read by Candlelight
  • Hum If You Don’t Know the Words
  • Million Dollar Outlines
  • Shadow of the Skytree
  • Dead Beautiful (Dead Beautiful, #1)
  • We Met in December
  • Love, Rosie
  • The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)
  • Finding Chika: A Little Girl, an Earthquake, and the Making of a Family
  • The Flight Girls
  • Knight Protector (Star Kingdom #5.5)
  • The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power
  • The Bhagavad Gita: A Walkthrough for Westerners
  • Daughter of the Reich
  • Stories of Hope
Michelle Saftich resides in Brisbane, Australia. She holds a Bachelor of Business/Communications Degree, majoring in journalism, from the Queensland University of Technology (QUT). For more than 20 years, she has worked in communications, including print journalism, sub-editing, communications management and media relations. She spent 10 years living in Sydney and two years in Osaka, Japan, where ...more

News & Interviews