Start by marking “The Best Part of Love” as Want to Read:
The Best Part of Love

The Best Part of Love

Avoiding the truth does not change the truth.
When Fitzwilliam Darcy meets Miss Elizabeth Bennet, his heart is almost immediately engaged. Seeing the pretty lady before him, a lady of no consequence or fortune, he believes he should not form an attachment to her, unsuitable as such a woman is to be his wife.
What he cannot see, however, is the truth, that the simple
Published June 17th 2019 by Quills & Quartos Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Best Part of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Part of Love

Start your review of The Best Part of Love
Sheila Majczan
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A reading of the published book after having read the unpublished story twice.

For those readers who like more than a straight forward romance, this is so very deliciously enthralling. It incorporates not only romance and mystery, twists and misunderstandings but also treason, betrayals, double and false identities, murder, salacious scandal and the rescuing of a certain lady in the night. We meet many of our familiar friends but also a young boy named Henry, his dog, Annie, and a titled family
Nicole Barton Sasser
Status: Read from January 10 to 11, 2017

Rating: 4.5 Stars 5 stars

Review:
I was a little worried to start The Best Part of Love. I really wanted to love it, as the author is a highly-rated, beloved online fan fiction writer in the JAFF community (I tend to be a more critical reviewer and I genuinely did not want this to be all hype). As I am not keen on reading online, The Best Part of Love, as the author’s first published work, is my introduction to Amy D'Orazio.

And I was not disappointed! I thoroughly
Debbie
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 rounded up to 5 stars

On my first reading of this remarkable story in 2015, it was a very long unpublished gem. It's still a long book, but I'm pleased to note that it was pared down quite a bit before its release to the general public. Ms. D'Orazio's writing style is just exquisite, and her plot wields a whopping punch of angst that resolves with a neck-snapping twist.

At the opening of this tale, Elizabeth is already a widow at the tender age of 20. Her husband, Lord Courtenay, a.k.a. Henry
Sophia
He is still proud, she is still prejudiced, but that is not even the deepest conflict of this story.

It was the stuff of the classic gothic romantic suspense-style storytelling. This was a Pride & Prejudice variation that Catherine Moreland of Northanger Abbey might have appreciated. I know I enjoyed it- every emotional, passionate moment of suspense and exquisite pain of heartbreak for this pair.

A plot to bring down the British Empire is foiled, but the traitors aren’t all in custody so a
Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
What If Elizabeth Bennet Had A First Love?

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

TYPE OF AUSTENESQUE NOVEL: Pride and Prejudice Variation

TIME FRAME: Just before Bingley and Darcy come to Meryton

MAIN CHARACTERS: Our usual Pride and Prejudice cast plus Henry and Francis Warren, Elizabeth’s deceased husband and his brother

SYNOPSIS: Taking a sizable step away from the Pride and Prejudice canon, Ms. D’Orazio tells a story of Elizabeth Bennet experiencing a whirlwind romance and marrying Henry Warren, the Earl of
Leslie
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: austenesque
What I truly adore about the author is her imagination is just so creative. This is a P&P what if ... mystery, thriller, spy, love story.

In her 18th year Miss Elizabeth Bennet of Longbourn traveled to Bath with her Aunt Gardiner. There she met a man and fell in love. Incidentally this man was an Earl. They were quickly wed then off to continent so he could show her the pleasures of Italy. When Lizzy fell with child they returned to England. While off to visit his estate the Earl is killed;
Claudine DiMuzio / Just Jane 1813
My review and now giveaways too are up at Just Jane 1813. Thank you to all of my GR friends who visited today to check out my review!

Amazon also has the book available for purchase as an ebook and as a KindleUnlimited read.

J. W. Garrett
I loved the artwork on the cover; it was amazing and I loved this story.

In the beginning, our story was very similar to canon in that Bingley let Netherfield Park; Darcy accompanied him, went to the local assembly, Caroline looked around in disdain, and Darcy insulted any and all denizens of the village, including one lovely lady he deemed tolerable and decidedly beneath him. Yeah, that’s our Darcy.

Only, things were not what they seemed. Our story dealt with a conspiracy, far reaching
Anna
Review originally posted on Diary of an Eccentric

The Best Part of Love by A. D’Orazio is a variation of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice that is so very delightfully different from the original novel but maintains the traits of the characters we know and love. In this variation, Elizabeth Bennet is Lady Courtenay, widow of Henry Warren, Earl of Courtenay. The conspiracy surrounding her husband’s death force her to be separated from her young son, and after two years of hiding and mourning, Lord
Don Jacobson
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Revolution and ODC

As with all great (yes, I am using the word) novels this one unfolds slowly and gently, drawing the reader into its depths before he (me) is aware of it. I cannot offer details for fear of spoiling the surprise. Suffice to say that Ms D'Orazio has grounded her work in a plausible reading of the social and political history of the early 19th Century. Also the use of the Canon in a unique way makes the gentle dance between Darcy and Lizzy even more telling. What was wonderful was
wosedwew
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-reviews, 2017
I felt it shelter to speak to you. ~Emily Dickinson

Angst! Angst! ANGST!

A widowed Elizabeth lives at Longbourne under her maiden name. Darcy makes his usual first impression and as usual falls deeply in love.

Elizabeth has been under protection from the Crown. The Matlocks were friendly with her husband’s family and have become fond of Elizabeth as well. After two years of widowhood, they encourage her to marry again. She must choose someone from their sphere to help her son learn his future role
Mary
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2020
Dear Reader,

Some stories just capture your imagination,entangle your heart and play havoc with your senses!! This is a prime example!!!

18 year old Elizabeth Bennet,young,charming and married to a peer of the realm!

20 year old Elizabeth Bennet,melancholic,grey and in need of a particular someone to refresh her memory of her youthful,spirited,forgotten self.

Enter stage left one Fitzwilliam Darcy. But,alas,the path that lies ahead of these two sparring individuals is one wreathed in
Carole (in Canada)
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: JAFF, Romance
Recommended to Carole (in Canada) by: JustJane 1813
Shelves: favorites, variations
Ms. D'Orazio I applaud you for crafting an exquisite debut novel based on the characters of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice. You have combined a smorgasbord of elements that pull you in, hold you tight and don't let go until the very last page.

Not only are we confronted with political intrigue, murder, mystery and hiding in plan sight, but we find Elizabeth as a grieving widow with a son from a peer of the realm. How you incorporated canon with your own original plot line was seamless. The
wosedwew
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-reviews, 2019
I felt it shelter to speak to you. ~Emily Dickinson

Angst! Angst! ANGST!

Camille Rios
Oh My, this story. What can I say? My head is still reeling from all the emotions I felt while reading this story. This story was lovely, frustrating, heart wrenching, and all together sweet. Alex9903 is becoming one of my favorite writers. I have read a few other stories of hers and all are written with such emotion and attention to detail that it is easy to get lost in them. A few favorite things I have about this author is how consistent she is with names and history throughout all her ...more
Karen
Maybe the best P&P variation to date. Elizabeth is a very young widow with a child. Darcy goes to the assembly. Bam!
The road to love is bumpy but so very satisfying.
Read this wonderful story and you will discover one of the best variations written. This Mr. Darcy is delicious. Elizabeth is at her best. Please let me know if you don't love it.
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, jaff
This story was wonderful. It was great writing and breathtakingly romantic. *swoon*. I really enjoyed everything about it. I loved the chemistry between Darcy and Elizabeth. And I loved the retelling of their story, it was sweet and it was special and it's going to stay with me for days because I love romance.
Katherine
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Darcy meets Elizabeth she is a widower but he doesn't know that st the time. She is Elizabeth Bennet of Hertforshire, a daughter of a country gentleman so he denies his attraction to her. Then he meets her again in London as a widow of a Duke.. sociably acceptable, match made by his aunt but he must convince her that he loves her as Elizabeth Bennet. But Elizabeth is recovering from the tragic death of her beloved husband. Does she have room in her heart for Darcy? The first half of the ...more
Madenna U
Wow! There is so much wrapped up in this book. The mostly cannon Pride and Prejudice combined with a mystery and intrigue. Elizabeth and Darcy find their love and have to work hard to stay together. However, their issues are not the usual kind. I won't say much else as it would give away the story, but I would recommend it to others.
john tanner
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Straight into my top ten.

Oh I loved this book. I just couldn't put it down and didn't want it to end. I will now look for other books by this author. Read this and you are in for a treat.
Christina
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good grief-- not for angst weenies! Made me read way into the night for a nights straight. Fabulous story.
Virginia R.
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did, to be brutally honest. I shy away from stories where one of the MCs has been married previously, and especially when there are children involved, because I find the children's characters are often written badly and are somewhat distracting.

This book was not at all like that.

Some reviewers mentioned it was confusing, though I found it largely easy to follow. I think there were several unpulled threads or plot holes left, but overall, it was
Billi Aaron
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful variation !

Great story line. Many twists and turns . I was kept in suspense the whole way through the book! Thank you Ms. D'Orazio!
Julia M
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This is the second JAFF PNP vagary that I have read where Elizabeth Bennet is a Countess when ODC meets. The other was "On Equal Ground" by Elizabeth Adams which by the way is one of my favorites. Regardless, both storylines are very different from each other.

This story had quite a bit of betrayal, intrigue, treason, assassination plots, murder and identity theft. The book has so many highs and lows and a wonderful HEA for ODC.
Allison
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one variation that's done amazingly well. I was enthralled from start to finish; couldn't put it down. It's a beautiful story, gut wrenching at times, but beautiful. Highly recommend it.
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Just wow. This is definitely a book that crawls under your skin and stays with you long afterwards. I wasn't right for a few hours but in a emotionally good way. I ended up rereading it a few hours later. I had been looking for another excellent read since reading one I thought was fantastic and this did not disappoint. I was in fact rewarded highly! Long story short, Elizabeth is married to a young earl who is murdered. Due to the circumstances surrounding his death her son from the ...more
Heather Sulic
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing and unique

This was a very fresh take that still maintained the essentials of the characters. I really enjoyed it. There were points where i could barely keep reading from suspense and despair but it all came out ok.
Michelle
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a new take on Darcy and Elizabeth

At the beginning, I wasn't sure I was going to like this book. The idea of Elizabeth being a widow with a child...not liking that idea so much. But I absolutely LOVED Darcy in this book!
Teresita
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An angsty but great story

Not a great fan of stories where Elizabeth and Darcy are in different pairings, this story captured my imagination and took me on a very interesting trip into misunderstandings, plots, intrigue and love.
Highly recommended!
Janice M. Payton
Amazing story

I have read many P&P books in the last few years. Very few have been the equal to this one. I loved the storyline & the characters. This book has moved to the top of my list. Well done!
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Case of Some Delicacy
  • A Duel in Meryton: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Nefarious: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • The Challenge of Entail
“not fall in love because she was already in love with a dead man’s memory.” 0 likes
“You think my regard for you is untrue, but I do love you, more so each time I see you. My expression of it is wanting; I have not known what it is to love or how to love another. Yet, already you have taught me that love must not be selfish. It must be courageous, placing itself above all other considerations.” She” 0 likes