Start by marking “Someday (Delicious #1)” as Want to Read:
Someday (Delicious #1)

Someday

(Delicious #1)

“When you’re around, you’re all I can see.”
“Someday, my prince will come.”

Danny is an artist with the best job in the world, creating beautiful things at Delicious, the bakery his best friend owns. The only thing that would make life better is finding his own personal Prince Charming, but despite a life-long addiction to happily-ever-after, Danny doesn’t really hold
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition, 228 pages
Published September 27th 2019 (first published April 22nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Someday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someday

Start your review of Someday (Delicious #1)
Tanu Gill
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhh, I LOVED this one... Such amazing characters, a sweet simple plot, and amazing secondary characters to entertain. A great book, and an auto-buy author added to my list...
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I'm reviewing the updated version published September 2019.

This is very much a feel-good story; if you're allergic to Insta Love, skip this one. Danny and Mace were ridiculously cute together, and the sexy times were fairly hot.

Mace's refusal to defend himself against something he didn't do wasn't fully believable, despite how it was spinned. I also didn't love the "Danny being attacked by the creeps in the park" story line; what purpose did that serve?

My main issue: bi erasure. Mace was bi,
Barbara➰
**4.25 Stars**

This was so sweet and cute and it was just what I needed after the crappy reads I've had lately.

Danny is a cookie decorator...really he's an artist. Mace has moved to town to start over and works with plants for the city. The two spy each other in the park one day and it's on from there. After a few misunderstandings...like is Mace really gay and does Danny have a boyfriend, the two get their happy ending they both deserve.

I really enjoyed this low angst read. Danny was so cute. I
Meags
4 Stars

It has only taken two Sierra Riley books for me to realise she might be my new go-to supplier of guaranteed M/M fluff. I mean, this stuff is never going to win any awards for literary greatness, but I’ll be damned if it isn’t the most addictive easy reading I’ve encountered in months.

Danny is a Disney quoting, happy-go-lucky artist, who works in his best friend’s bakery decorating beautiful tasty treats. He encapsulates the three B’s: babbling, bubbly and bouncy. In one word, he’s
Susan
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, comfort-reads, series

A very sweet story. Not too deep, but very enjoyable nonetheless.

Danny is working in his best friend's bakeryand loves to decorate cookies and makes them into a work of art.

description

He has been told by several ex-boyfriends that he needs to 'tone it down'. But Danny doesn't want to tone anything down, so he just stays single since he can't seem to find his prince charming.

But that is until he meets hunky gardener Mace. Danny can't help but going back to the park on his lunch break so he might
* A Reader Obsessed *
Simply easy reading.

Danny is a bit flighty and a lot scattered, but it’s only because he’s so caught up in his art that all other things seem inconsequential. Despite his bright personality and infallible optimism, he’s been very unlucky in love.

Mace has had it rough in life, betrayed by those who should’ve cared for him most, he took the fall for a crime he didn’t commit. He never wants to be that vulnerable again - love and trust are fleeting and unreliable. However, that all changes of
Fritz42
Cute little story. It was Mace's backstory of being in foster care, having friends turn on him, that pulled me deeper into the story. It totally explained by he was so taciturn and closed off and didn't trust anyone. And why a bright and vivacious person like Danny would be so appealing to him. It was great watching Mace start to care and open up like the flowers he loved.

I will be checking out the other books in this series.
Mary
OMG. I originally gave this book . I have now dropped it to and I will tell you why. Before anyone wants to complain I am bashing the author, no I am not. Go look at #writingcommunity on Twitter. According to them anyone who leaves a review needs to leave a dissertation on why. So that's what I am gonna do.

First why I originally gave it . It's a fluffy, feel good, easy read which I need on bad days. Danny is an artist who decorates cookies in a bakery and Made is an ex con who grew up in
Pixie
Honestly I want to low ball this BUT sadly I cannot. It’s very fairytale like. Danny even quotes Disney princesses & is the cutest, artsey, most optimistic of twinks. Mac is the misunderstood guy with a past. He’s like a rebel bad boy…except he likes flowers & helping old ladies from the local library. Basically he just looks tough…oh and he’s been to jail but TOTAL misunderstanding.

I’d say 2 but I am rounding this up a whole star because honestly I think it was exactly as advertised.
Rachel Emily
Ahhhhhh! I think this is my new favorite book from this author!

I just adored Danny and Mace, I loved all the emotion in this as they were falling for each other. I wanted to give Mace a slap and a hug at the same time haha. Danny is just adorable...forgetful, vibrant, just delightful. And he and Mace were just so sweet together.

Also? Best epilogue EVER.

I think I loved this best because I loved ALL the characters (well. Not Tad obviously) and there wasn't crazy melodrama and "do you like like
Saioa
Perfect book for a sunday at home when you are in the mood for something light, fluffy and sweet.
Expect a pair of oblivious idiots pining for each other and a lot of misunderstandings.

description

Also please, give Gavin a book! he deserves his own HEA :*)
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
This was a cute story. I will admit that Mace frustrated me no end, but I loved Danny. I loved his Disney princess quotes.

This is an easy, low angst read. Perfect for a lazy afternoon.
namericanwordcat
I love this couple. Danny and Mace are very themselves in this opposites attract romance

Both Danny and Mace are drawn with such layer and details. Great stuff on plants, Disney flowers, art. They are talented and wonderful.

They both have issues to work through but their relationship shines as they find out more and more about each other and fall in love.

They are steadfast and this romance will leave you warm and fuzzy.
Denise H.
***** Danny worked at the bakery decorating cupcakes and cookies. He's an artist, creative and sweet as the cookies. He's a fem guy, with platinum blonde hair that flopped in his blue/green eyes, and he's lively, bubbly, beautiful inside and out, with an inner core of amazing energy.

*cookies

Mace is a gardener who tends the gorgeous flowers at the local gardens. He's tall, hot and handsome, with a past he'd like to overcome. He's a survivor.

*cupcakes

When the ray of sunshine, Danny, left the
Nerea
Apr 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

2.5 *

The characters are extremely innocent. Thats OK for Danny, I could visualize him like that but Mace? Having the difficult life they described is difficult to believe it.

I really liked the treatment of the art sense the both of them have. BUT I HATE, I REALLY HATE the stupid misunderstandings!!!!!Sorry, this is what down totally my punctuation cause we have some BIG ones that causes pain of the other person and are very EASY to solve if they actually SPEAK! I cant bear that.

The story is cute
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I'll round up since I couldn't decide.

Mace drove me a little nuts with his silence but aside from that I enjoyed it.
Lori
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
I have read quite a few of Stella Starling's books and most are pretty good but in all honesty, this one was just ok. It wasn't bad, but just a little bland in my opinion. I found myself skimming towards the end of the book but at least I finished it. I don't know if I am going to go on to the next book or not, maybe if I need something less tense I will.
V
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute, I adore Danny, the reason why I didn't rate 5 stars was because of the silly miscommunication.
Apart from that it was so lovely and the ending was delightful!
Mary
Reading this review you may experience deja vu as I did while writing it.

I originally gave this book . I have now dropped it to and I will tell you why. Before anyone wants to complain I am bashing the autbor, no I am not. Go look at #writingcommunity on Twitter. According to them anyone who leaves a needs to leave a dissertation on why. So that's what I'm gonna do.

dbbks3
Oh this story is sweet, flowers and flower cookies. Mix in 2 sweet and hot guys and you have a great summer read. Realistic? No, the guys are to good to be true but who cares?
Marion
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars!
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The blurb is self explanatory....

We have two MC's: Danny and Mason (Mace to his friends) polar opposites but each wanting their " SOMEDAY'. Danny wants a partner who will take him like he is: flamboyant , highly expressive, slender and totally "out there gay" and not try to change him. Mace grew up in the foster care system that left much to be desired, and close friendship with two "friends" ,Kelsie and Trevor, in the system that "had his back" or so he believed. He found out the hard way by
Alexis Woods
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An ARC was provided free in return for an honest review.

So, I did something I’ve never done before, but after several reviews where I’ve expressed disappointment in a prologue that gives away the mystery of the story, this time I opted to skip it. And what a difference it made. No longer was I annoyed that I knew where the story was going. As a result, the characters bloomed on the pages, instead of feeling flat because I already knew what would happen.

Artistic Danny decorates cookies and
Manfred
There are a few things I usually don't like in books.
One is miscommunication, if people just assume instead of talking with each other.
Another one is "gay for you", I am definitely not a fan of this concept.
Both in one book usually sends it to the dnf shelf right away.
Actually I have to admit I am glad I gave this one a second chance.
The story is quite predictable - Mace, just out of jail works as a gardener and meets Danny, who works as an artist decorating cookies and sweets in his
UnderCoverBookAddict
This is my first book of this author and I have to say I look forward to read more of her books. Her writing it's definitely creative. I loved the Mc's and I want to hear more from Jeremy. Why I'm not giving it 5 stars because I hate to much misunderstandings that's why I don't watch "novelas". We spent half the book going in circles. Also the fast forwarding, instalove annnd I felt the sex scenes a little bit rushed and unfulfilling. That of course didn't kept me from finishing the book and ...more
Leaundra
2.5 rounded up to 3. I almost DNF'd this book but I pushed through (view spoiler) I read another book by the author and really enjoyed it but this one isn't going to be a favorite.
Cadiva
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one

Beautiful Danny and silent Mace, what a lovely pairing. This was just a nice read without too much angst and although it was a quick fall into love, it didn't feel out of place.
I'd love to read more about these two and discover if Gavin gets his own HEA.
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
What a beautiful book!

I herewith declare that SOMEDAY is my personal favorite written by Sierra Riley.
Such a cute and funny story that plastered a smile on my face almost continuously.
Yet, it deals with homophobia and stereotyped thinking – in more than one regard – without sugarcoating any of it. I loved everything about this book – the characters, their chemistry… Danny’s love for Disney quotes and the realism to the story.

Danny… Quirky, adorable, upbeat, vibrant, optimistic and… well,
Mercedes
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
So much telling I got bored!
Claudia
This was a good Read and a good Start for this series. Danny and Mace are interesting characters. Can't wait to Read about the others
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Rocket Science (Love Logic, #1)
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Game On (Fever Falls #5)
  • Defrosting Jack (Ice and Snow Christmas, #4)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Scarification (Irons and Works #6)
  • To Touch the Light (Irons and Works)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • After the Crash (Small Town Hearts #1)
  • Promise (Single Dads #3)
  • Unscripted
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Rialto (Unbreakable Bonds, #8)
Sierra Riley was born and raised in a small town where she spent all her time reading under trees before she moved to the Bay area to pursue her own love story.

She writes the kinds of books she loves to read: rollercoaster rides with happily-ever-afters. She's rarely at a loss for ideas, and credits her wonderfully supportive friends with helping her stories actually make it onto the page, as

Delicious (6 books)
  • Delicious (Delicious #2)
  • Falling (Delicious #3)