Start by marking “To Kill a Fae (Hollowcliff Detectives, #1)” as Want to Read:
To Kill a Fae (Hollowcliff Detectives, #1)

To Kill a Fae

(Hollowcliff Detectives #1)

Fae enjoy playing dangerous games.

In detective Mera Maurea’s experience, three things motivated a murder: secrets, convenience, or passion. But none of the three can explain why the Summer King is dead.

With a tight deadline hanging over her head, Mera has to figure out who’s the culprit before the frail balance that holds the nation of Tagrad together crumbles into dust.
T
Published October 10th 2019 by C.S. Wilde

To ask other readers questions about To Kill a Fae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Kill a Fae

Start your review of To Kill a Fae (Hollowcliff Detectives, #1)
Mei
Jun 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
The idea is there and the worldbuiliding is interesting, but I just couldn't understand Mera... She wants Basts, but she hates him; she wants to jump his bones, but she don't... rinse and repeat...
Still as I said the idea is there and the story is engaging - you just must know how it will end and you keep reading.... 3,5 stars downrated to 3 because of I want but I don't!
☕️Kimberly
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2020
A murder-mystery, an unwanted partner, and secrets drew me to To Kill a Fae by C.S. Wilde. Narrated by Chris Dukehart, the back-and-forth banter between our detective and a FAE investigator named Sebastian was a fun beginning to this series.

The first audiobook in the Hollowcliff Detectives, Wilde brings opposites together to solve a high profile case. The tale that unfolds has snark, sexual tension and more….

Mera Maurea and her partner are called to a crime scene. Where they discover that the ma
ShannaBanana✨
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This was a cute, fun, dark little Murder mystery read that involves a spunky siren named Mera who pretends to be human and a devastatingly beautiful fae, Sebastian (Bast) Dhay, who are both detectives and are forced to be partners to work a case. He’s fire 🔥 and the banter between the two is great. 5 stars
Megan Key
Jul 09, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2022
I did actually really enjoy this. The snark and the banter between the characters were entertaining throughout the story.

Bash did come across as a White "moon" haired version of Rhysand but I was not mad about it.

I wish there was some sexy time though... there was one scene but if you know then you know
Tasty Book Reads
4.5 Stars!

This was so good! The characters, the world building, and the plot all drew me in.

We start out with a murder of a summer king where we meet thought to be human but really is a waterbreaker-aka Atlantian-Detective Mera with her current human partner Julian-who she has been secretly in love with-and Fae Night Prince Sebastian aka Bast Dhay. Mera and Bast are then thrust together as partners for the case as a test to see if their departments can work together.

Both Mera and Bast were likab
Jackie
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing Fae story. Unfortunately a Fae is killled and Mera has to quickly figure out what happened. Enjoyable fantasy as always. Don’t miss out.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
To Kill a Fae is the first book in the Hollowcliff Detectives series. The series takes place in a alternate world were the different factions of supernaturals and humans live in a tentative peace. Tagrad is divided into sectors, each controlled by one of the different groups. When the Summer King (fae) is found dead alongside his human lover, human sector detective Mira is partnered with fae detective Sebastian (Bast). As the pair digs around for clues to the high profile murder, they begin to u ...more
Ashlee McDaniel
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really good story!

I really loved the world building in this one! And the characters all are really easy to love, I can’t wait to see how the next book goes!
Mina  Smith
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful world!

Oh wow, I loved this book much more than I thought i would. Excellent characters, wonderful world building and just all out great writing. Read this book and read it now. You won't be disappointed.
Billie
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fae enjoy playing dangerous games.
To aid her—or turn her life into a living hell, hard to tell which—is her fae partner Sebastian Dhay, a snarky detective with a
Oz &
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fairy + mermaid

Wow magic and mayhem hot fairy and cool mermaid murder and mesterious going ons very good read ready for the next in serries now
Cassandra Chandler
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredible Worldbuilding

In “To Kill a Fae”, C.S. takes us into a world of Fae unlike any I’ve ever seen before. Each Fae society is richly developed, with fascinating systems of magic. I loved Bast, and am interested in seeing the dynamic between him and Mera play out. There are many things I’m wondering about in terms of what’s going on in their world at large and how they’ll handle the more personal issues they’re facing, yet I don’t feel like she left us with a cliff-hanger. I can’t wait for
Janeth Myers
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enthralling

I rarely write a book review and see it as 5 stars yet I picked up the book to fill space in between another release and i read it in an evening. The characters have depth the first chapter hooked me by page three. Though written for fantasy the issues are relatable. The chemistry between the characters jumped off the book without seeming forced or ridiculous. Give a try it is worth the read. I know I couldn't put it down and moped when i realized the next one won't be out for a few
Emily
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To Kill a Fae is a superb read! It’s definitely one of the more unique Fae stories that I’ve read. Mera has to work with a Fae detective, Sebastian, to solve the murder of a Fae. It’s very well written. The character development is superb and the world building is excellent! Plus it’s full of action and mystery that will keep you up late into the night to find out what happens. I really enjoyed the way Mera and Bast related and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series!

I received an ARC
Vintagebooklvr
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This was an excellent book; one I can see rereading many times. This is truly great world building, well developed characters and a little different than many fantasy/urban fantasies out there (I can't say how without giving away spoilers). Mera and Dhay both have intriguing pasts and it will be interesting to see how this develops in future stories for the past is definitely impacting the present politics and murders. The characters are flawed and some fundamental differences could tear them ap ...more
Amber K
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
To Kill A Fae by C.S. Wilde is a great first in a new series. I couldnt wait to read this one and I was not disappointed!!
Detective Mera is forced to work with Fae detective Sebastian (Bast) to solve a human and Fae murder. Not sure who to trust, they both have secrets of their own to hide. The story is full of action, mystery and suspense! I just loved the characters. And so well written, I couldnt put this magical adventure down till I finished it!! Cant wait for the next one!!
B3AUT1FUL  PH03N1X
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There's nothing better than combining a Fae book with detectives. I really enjoyed how detailed the characters were. There was always some kind of action going on in the book. From the beginning to the end, the book captured my attention. I can't wait until the next book comes out. It left you wanting more, but in a good way.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone that love mysteries, Fae, and sirens. I received a complimentary copy of this book, and this is my honest review.
The Mysterious Reader
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an easy review to write. C.S. Wilde’s To Kill a Fae (Hollowcliff Detectives Book 1) is superb. Well written, with a great plot, a perfect cast from Mera and Sabastian on down. Perfect action. Perfect snark (yes, that’s s very good thing). Perfect urban fantasy. Perfect fun. Exactly what I look for and easily worth five stars.
Suez
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow .. secrets, excitement, danger, action. This paranormal story has sooo much happening, weave in suspense and intrigue ... the result is definitely incredible. You will not be disappointed. This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy
Juanita E. Arp
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book, it is filled with action and intrigue. The interaction and chemistry between the characters is wonderful. I can't wait for more from this author. I received this book as a FREE ARC copy to read and I voluntarily leave this review. ...more
Avid Reader
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will read anything C.S. Wilde writes. Period.
This new book in a new series did NOT disappoint. I LOVED this story, and I can't wait to see what happens next! I'm definitely a Bast and Mera super fan!
Erin
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a new series. I enjoyed the characters and dynamics of Mera and Sebastian. The story line is full of twists and turns. To solve this murder, they'll have to work together, without their secrets getting in the way. Looking forward to reading book two. ...more
Donna
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not stop reading!! The character dynamics were amazing and the story kept me engaged from start to finish. So cannot wait to read book 2!!
Tim Martin
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, good story line and character development. Look forward to reading book 2 when it's released next year! ...more
Shelly Boltz-Zito
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

What a great book. Fae, mermaids, witches, murder, lust, it just keeps going. Twists and turns you don't see coming! From start to finish, a great read!
C.C. Sommerly
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why am I only now finding C.A. Wilde?

This book was amazing and I can’t believe I have to wait so long for the sequel. This was one of the more enjoyable books I have read.
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down

The mystery was good in it both the murder mystery and the secrets the main characters have buried in them. It is kinda dark but I like seeing characters who fight to be good and fight to protect others.

I give it five stars because I thought it was pretty good and despite it’s similarities with many books in the fantasy genre it holds its own in a certain originality that I had not come across before and I have read a lot of fantasy books.
Monisha
May 25, 2022 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the relationship between the main characters. The story line was very interesting and loved the action. The two timelines were interesting and I would love to see more in the upcoming books. I actually really enjoyed the past timeline more than the current one. This was a very interesting book that is a must read for fantasy lovers.
Christa
“You’re mine,” he claimed raggedly, his chest heaving as he cupped her cheeks, his thumb running lazily over her bottom lip. “I claim you. I claim you under the moon and stars; I claim you under the night sky.”
Feliciabooks
Mar 11, 2022 rated it liked it
3,5 stars ***

This was a fun book, but I wasn't into the insta love of this book.
The book starts with the MC being in love with dude nr 1 but then dude nr 2 shows up and BAM love :( ..
The world is interesting but I wont be reading book nr 2.
Goodreads Librari...: Updating book cover link 3 14 Sep 30, 2019 01:53PM

• Bounty Collected (Solstice Huntress, #1)
  • Magic Thief (The New York Shade, #1)
  • Shadow Magic (Hidden Magic #1)
  • Bounty Claimed (Solstice Huntress #2)
  • Shadow Warrior (The Nightwatch Academy #3)
  • Dance with the Demon (Deals with Demons #2)
  • Ghost at the Feast (The Nightwatch #3)
  • Bad Vampire (Cat McKenzie #1)
  • Speak of the Demon (Deals with Demons #1)
  • Broken Moon (Kait Silver #1)
  • For the Hunt (For the Blood #3.5)
  • Stolen Magic (The New York Shade, #2)
  • Shadow Master (The Nightwatch Academy #4)
  • Fae's Consort (The Consort Duet, #1)
  • Inner Demons (Deals with Demons #3)
  • Alpha Magic (The New York Shade #4)
  • Reaper Unexpected (Deadside Reapers #1)
  • Releasing The Gods (The Titan's Saga #1)
See top shelves…
C.S. Wilde wrote her first Fantasy novel when she was eight. That book was absolutely terrible, but her mother told her it was awesome, so she kept writing.
Now a grown-up (though many will beg to differ), C. S. Wilde writes about fantastic worlds, love stories larger than life and epic battles.

She also, quite obviously, sucks at writing an author bio. She finds it awkward that she must write this

Hollowcliff Detectives (4 books)
  • To Kill a King (Hollowcliff Detectives, #2)
  • To Kill the Dead (Hollowcliff Detectives, #3)
  • To Kill a God (Hollowcliff Detectives, #4)

News & Interviews

The fall book season is shaping up to be one of the busiest and best in recent memory, and we’re not just saying that. If you’re the kind...