Start by marking “Going Home (Return to Nam Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Going Home  (Return to Nam Book 3)

Going Home (Return to Nam Book 3)

You don’t choose a time and place to fall in love. Fate always chooses for you.

When Ronnie McIlroy volunteers to spend twelve months nursing in a South Vietnamese hospital, she’s ill-prepared for a poverty-stricken country at war. Neither weak nor faint-hearted, she’s way out of her comfort zone.

American pilot, Joseph Hunter Jr, is on his second tour of duty. With an outst
Published March 9th 2020 by Carole Brungar Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Going Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Home

Start your review of Going Home (Return to Nam Book 3)
Claire
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

New Zealand author Carole Brungar is able to write of an incredibly terrible time, the Vietnam War, in a very emotive and realistic way. I can always see myself there during those terrible times, whether in the jungle with the soldiers, in the helicopter flying into dangerous situations or at the hospital tending the children with horrific injuries. I can smell the smell and hear the sounds of everything that is going on during these chaotic and dangerous times.

This book, the third in t
Military Writers Society of America (MWSA)
MWSA Review

It was 1967, and the war in Vietnam was heating up. Joe was an American Army lieutenant, trained to fly the helicopters known as Hueys. This was his second tour of duty in Vietnam, and he was enjoying the experience. Some flights were simply supply runs, but others brought an adrenalin rush as the chopper entered a war zone, ducked through the tracers to land at the site of a crash, and lifted the wounded to safety. Flying was what Joe did best, and he knew that what he did was often
M
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ever since reading the other two books in the Nam series, I have eagerly awaited this one. When it arrived via my Kindle, I stopped what I was reading just to take a peek. That started a can’t-put-it-down affair that lasted a couple of days.

Going Home is the well-written story of New Zealand nurse, Ronnie and an American chopper pilot named Joe. The pair meet in South Vietnam during the war, and while this is no insta-love tale, the chemistry between them is undeniable as they tread carefully ar
Karen
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of the book to proofread.

I've enjoyed the 'Nam series that Ms Brungar has written, and this one is just as amazing.

After a disastrous New Years, Ronnie decides to head to Vietnam as a nurse and works along side other NZ and Vietnamese nurses in what barely passes as a hospital. Ending up with the children's ward, she soon proves her value by tidying up the ward and making it cleaner and brighter.

Also making her world brighter is the US airman, Joe. He's a helicopter pilot, prov
Geez
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another emotional rollercoaster read from Carole.
While reading I was so invested in Ronnie and Joe's story that I was almost to scared to keep reading (I didn't want to risk reading one of them being hurt or killed like so many during the Vietnam war).
Throughout the story you are very aware that although a love story its set during a time of war and an uncertain future. Carole has again given us another (realistic) look at the Vietnam war from a different point of view...

You can be read this b
Jenna Taylor
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Going Home is the third book in Carole Brungars Return to Nam Series. Wow!! This one is just as much of a page turner!!! It follows the story of a kiwi nurse Ronnie who is working as part of a NZ medical team in a dilapidated hospital in Vietnam. While this story is quite a different view to the others in the series, it was interesting to see a female perspective in the war also. Carole does an awesome job of describing the poverty and conditions of the hospital which treated vietnamese civilian ...more
Gaylene Atkins
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Must Read!

Riveting. Raw. Real. I absolutely loved this book. I don’t usually read war based stories; but the characters & the setting drew me in. So much so, that once started reading, I couldn’t stop! Be warned. It’s an emotional read. Full of heartache, love, passion (not only for the work the armed forces and medics carried out in Vietnam, but also for the couple that found each other), Kiwi nurse Ronnie & her US fly-boy - helicopter pilot, Joe.
Fi Maddison
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delightful, sweet romance with an edge to it. Only those who fought and loved during wartimes such as the Vietnam conflict will truly understand what was like. I felt Carole Brungar’s novel gave insight to this turbulent time and allowed us to witness the bittersweet emotional conflict that comes with two people falling in love and surviving against all odds. Beautifully crafted, well researched and just enough tension to keep you invested - highly recommend.
Sarah Dais-Hawkins
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to read this one I read lots of Vietnam war history in school so was excited to see how it was played out
And omfg I couldn’t put it down it had me excited and nervous of what would come I fell in love with Ronnie and joe and had to know where it was going. It had me in tears too I love how Carole pulls you in to the books and you feel like you don’t want to leave
Arlene Rayner
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book as an easy to read novel based in Vietnam.. It gave me an insight into the Vietnam war from a nurses perspective.
Traci Grant
May 18, 2020
Betty
Mar 01, 2021
Sandra Roberts
Feb 29, 2020
Carole Brungar
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
david cowan

• The Shadow Box
  • Looking Into You
  • Above the Bay of Angels
  • The Promise of Jesse Woods
  • Defending the Innocent (Max Harrison #2)
  • The Paid Juror (Max Harrison #3)
  • Criminal Justice (Max Harrison #1)
  • Beyond the Tracks
  • Rapt: The Price of Love (Everhide Rockstar Romance #3)
  • Promise Me Forever (Bindarra Creek A Town Reborn Book 8)
  • Gang of Four
  • Dogwood
  • Almost Heaven
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore #1)
  • Mercy (Brigham Theodore #2)
  • The Song

News & Interviews

“I’d take a pretty girl like you anywhere you wanted to go. You just name it.”
“Home to bed will be just fine, thanks.”
“I’ll take you to bed anytime ma’am. You just say the word.”
- Joseph Hunter, Jr”