Start by marking “Chasing Forever: A Beachside Romance, Book 1” as Want to Read:
Chasing Forever: A Beachside Romance, Book 1

Chasing Forever: A Beachside Romance, Book 1

Fall in love with the McAllisters of Seaview, Maine in the 1st of this contemporary romance series with plenty of sweet, steamy, and a dash of suspense.

Resilient to the core, Maddy McAllister has worked hard to overcome a rough history. But, when her slimy ex comes back with plans to win her back, destroy the town, and bulldoze her father's fisheries business, she has
Kindle Edition
Published December 2019 by Thorny Books

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Forever

Start your review of Chasing Forever: A Beachside Romance, Book 1
InD'tale Magazine
This story has some dark elements, but it contains an exciting storyline. The listener is immediately drawn into the story, and is given a solid glimpse into each of the protagonists personalities within the first two chapters.

Read full review in the 2020 March issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Michaela
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing characters and a well developed storyline. Love the bits of humor woven in. This book is like a warm sunrise. A wonderful start to a new series. So well done. Realistic. I feel like Im living the story right next to the characters. There is a dark thread woven through that adds so much more to the story. Seriously an amazingly well written book. I absolutely loved it.

melissa purtteman
Delightful page turner

This is just the sort of book you want to kick back with a good glass of white wine and read with your feet in front of the fire. The characters pull you in right away and you dont want to put it down until you see it through to the end! Nice balance between realistic characters fighting modern day struggles and the levity you want from a good romance novel.
Heather Wamboldt
Chasing Forever is the first book in A Beachside Romance and a great start to this new series. Maddy McAllister and Chase Anderson are well-developed characters, strong, likable, and relatable. The storyline is well written and captured my interest from start to finish, with mystery, suspense, and a wonderful second chance for romance.

I am looking forward to reading more books in this series.
Jeanne Richardson
This is the 1st book I've read written by Carrie Thorne; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I cant wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

I received a free copy of this book via booksprout and Im voluntarily leaving a review.
Barbara
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book one of the A Beachside Romance series and the first book I have read by this Author. This is Maddy McAllister and former deep-sea diver Chase Anderson's story there is suspense, drama, an evil ex, and romance. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
M
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read through the night! This is the kind of book you want to curl up on the couch with a nice glass of wine to read. The characters are engaging and well rounded. The story flows well making it hard to put the book down. Looking forward to more from this author.
S. Cozzo
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book as a give away. i truly enjoyed this book. The plot and setting was great. it made want to live never the beach or go on vacation to warm and sunny place. The characters made me laugh, and cry at the same time.
Adhara
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing - full of plot twists that helped develop already strong characters into people that seemed actually real. It was super fun to read, and even the side characters were awesome! I really enjoyed it.
Elvira
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great read with an awesome storyline that has well developed and engaging characters that have lots of chemistry. The smooth flow of the storyline makes for a good reading time.

Mary Silvestri
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

Good romantic suspense. Not your usual type of story. This was my first book by this author, but I will be reading more in this series.
Kasey
Oct 30, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Thank you for the opportunity to review this book as a giveaway recipient. I am excited to read it and will update my thoughts on this book soon!
Jody
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the characters in this book. Love the beach setting so that was nice too! Good plot. This was a first by this author, but I would read more.
I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway.
Liz Alexandra
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Not a Light Romance

Despite the cover, which looks like one for a light and frothy beach romance, this book is not a contemporary light romance read. In fact, the first scene details the aftermath of an explosion on an oil rig out in the ocean. This happens right before the hero learns about the death of his father. Our introduction to the heroine also has a hard edge to it. I'll admit to preferring a light and breezy contemporary romance rather than serious ones like this one. Therefore, I
Carrie Thorne
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
If I didn't love it and want to read it over and over, it wouldn't have been released!
I love second chance romances, about reuniting with the one that got away.
One of my favorite aspects about Chasing Forever is the friendships the characters share, how they relate to each other when things get tough.
Enjoy!
Next up: Running Forever, out September 20. If you liked Chasing Forever even a little bit (which I hope you liked it a lot), you'll love Running Home.
Thanks for reading :)
Luna
Alex Helm

• Letters to Putin: A Son's Story of Betrayal
  • Blackhaven Brides Boxed Set Books 9-13: A Regency Romance Collection
  • When an Angel Whispers (A Chance O'Brien Mystery Book 1)
  • Betrayal (Infidelity, #1)
  • The Painter (Silver Linings Mysteries, #4)
  • The Secret Admirer of an Extraordinary Lady: A Historical Regency Romance Book
  • Under Her Spell (Havenport Romance)
  • Inappropriate
  • My Last Blind Date (Better Date than Never, #3)
  • Truce? Hating Elijah Monroe
  • Forever and Ever Boxed Set (Forever and Ever #1-3)
  • Loss of Eden: A Biography of Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh
  • Dangerous Conditions (Protectors at Heart #4)
  • Securing the Sapphire (Heart Heist #1)
  • Cowboys Never Get A Second Chance: A Johnson Brothers Novel (Chestnut Ranch Cowboy Billionaire Romance Book 3)
  • Dreams and Schemes: A Romantic Comedy Anthology
  • On That Autumn Day (Seasons of Love Book 1)
  • Lords to Be Enamored With: A Historical Regency Romance Collection
Romance novelist. Geologist. Nurse. Accountant. Pacific Northwesterner. Lover of good books.

Carrie Thorne draws on her eclectic background to rock the world of romantic fiction. When shes not wrangling kids, saving lives, trotting the globe (or wishing she was on vacation) you can find her at home by the fire, feet up, coffee ready for gulping, and her fingers clicking away at the laptop bringing