Start by marking “Their Boy (The Game, #2)” as Want to Read:
Their Boy (The Game, #2)

Their Boy

(The Game #2)

The Game Series, #2 [Standalone.]

Left all alone in the world—and in a very big house—after the loss of his parents, Kit Damien has struggled to find his place in society and in the kink community he longs to be a more active part of.

Daddy Doms Colt and Lucas have been a happy, committed couple for eight years. But two Tops need a bottom, and their quest for a Little to
Published September 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Their Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Their Boy

Start your review of Their Boy (The Game, #2)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Look, I'm a daddy-kink aficionado, but this book rubbed me in all the wrong ways.

Poly books aren't my thing, but I'm legit obsessed with the Fun With Dick and Shane series (Gilli-fans, FOREVS) so I figured I'd enjoy this one. Right? Not so much...

I don't think I like sadist daddy doms, and, to be honest, the book didn't feel very daddy to me. Just too much regular BDSM, which isn't my thing. I didn't think the kink was very well established, and I thought many, many more discussions were neede
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Until approximately 80 percent, this was a 5 star book for me. I am not a big fan of Daddy/little kink, but I loved Power Play, Madigan and Abel's story, and enjoyed the first The Game book, which serves as a prequel to Their Boy.

This book is told from Kit's perspective, with Kit being the boy of the title. Having lost both his parents and suffered extensive injuries in a car accident, Kit is restless and insecure. He longs to have a Daddy of his own but doesn't dare dream he can have not one b
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
2.5 Stars!

So...I think it's safe to say this series isn't for me.

DD/lb....eh, I can take it or leave it. In this case, I should've left it.

I didn't like Colt. Period.

Lucas...meh, he didn't feel too present in this one. And every time he called one of them dear. CRINGE! One of my absolute least favorite pet names. Ranks right up there with honey. GAG!

I guess I just don't care for the little boy character. I get he's supposed to be a bit of a brat and immature. And he was. But in this case it j
Isabella. R
3 Piece of my Heart Stars ⭐

Well damn. It's kind of disappointing when you've convinced yourself that a book will be perfect and then it’s not. And this is the dilemma. There were parts of ‘Their Boy’ that clicked and then other’s I needed to skim over. So, to explain, I have this love for daddy kink/age gap romances. But I think what I’ve read in the past may have been glossed over, possibly romanticised. Because in this instance, Cara Dee uncovered my eyes and potentially offered me another for
Susan
I’m really disappointed that I didn’t like this.

This second book is told from the POV of 21 year old Kit, and we of course learned at the end of the previous book that Lucas and Colt were interested in meeting him to see if there was any chemistry.

And when the three meet at one of the kink munchies, Kit is his normal anxious self. He has very low self esteem ever since his parents died and isn’t sure anyone would ever want him. When the two men make it clear they have an interest in him, he does
The Bursting Bookshelf of a Wallflower
Story: 3 stars
Main Characters: 3 stars
Cover: 5 stars

The moment I finished Top Priority I had to put my hands on Their Boy - I actually couldn't wait to meet Colt and Lucas on their quest for a Little as an addition to their relationship.

I must admit that this book was a bit of a struggle for me. Colt, who has been my favorite character of the first book, was amazing in this one too, but I had the feeling that I completely lost the connection to Lucas. There were a lot of intense scenes between
Jewel
"Scars are like book covers. They hint at a story. We know the story is there, but we are the authors, and we tell it."

To be honest, DD/lb isn't really my kink. That said, Cara Dee knows just how to write it so that I kind of love it, and Their Boy was no exception. Do be sure to read Top Priority, first, however, so you can experience Colt and Lucas establishing their relationship and their need for a little. There's not really kink in book 1, but there definitely is in this book.

Th
Johann Shah
I'm dumbstruck.
My brain is still trying to patch up from the last scene I've just read. Not to mention I read it at work.
I knew it was unsettling, to put it kindly. But it was risk aware consensual kink and both parties agreed on their own and they needed it as well, so I just ate it up.

I got nothing much to say so I just keep it short. Kit, a boy who lost both of his parents and had to tuck his scars away from outside world, Colt, an arrogant Daddy who was also a Sadist, and Lucas, a Daddy as w
Renée
After loving book 1 in this series, I couldn't wait to see how Colt and Lucas finally came into their kink of being Daddies. When the love of your life if another Daddy Dom like yourself, that could cause some problems in a relationship.

These two are still madly in love after eight years together, and their sex life is satisfying. But they know they both missing being Daddies to a little.

After meeting Kit in their local "community", they know pretty soon that he could be just what they've been
Lana Reads
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kink, buddy-reads
3,5 stars

Well, it wasn't quite what I expected. I understand now, why so many were disappointed. While I absolutely loved the story about Lucas and Colt, two Daddy Doms, this one was told from Kit's perspective - and couldn't really connect with this damaged and traumatised boy. I felt for his tragedy, of course, but as soon as I got to know him better, something shifted for me.

Kit's mind was one of an immature human and I couldn't stay in it for long. It was exhausting. The mood swings, the re
Ele
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, menage
*3.5 stars*

I'm very surprised I didn't like this more. DD/lb is definitely NOT my kink but Cara Dee is a favorite author who makes everything work somehow. I mean, I really liked Power Play. But here, the ick factor never went away for me. Every time Kit would suck on his finger and asked for his teddy bear after sex I died a little on the inside *whimper*. This is all on me, though, because for someone who's into this particular kink, this book is haven.

What made this a miss was that there was
Zuzu
Sep 29, 2019 added it
Shelves: ku
DNF'ing at 56%. Sadistic DD's are definitely not my thing.
Chris
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this read and loved Colt & Lucas in book 1. Finding Kit was a joy for them both and together they helped Kit move from being a bystander in life to an actual participant. The Daddy Doms were clever in how they helped Kit find his confidence and courage but I wasn’t sure about the “psuedo rape scene” in the game which put me off a bit ? This dynamic shift didn’t fit with the rest of the book ... anyway really enjoyed it all the same ❤️ ...more
Cadiva
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Superb kink from the pen of Cara Dee

Cara Dee just pushes my buttons and nowhere more than when she writes kink.

This time it's my two favourite tops from Top Priority who've been looking for their own little for a long time.

Lucas and Colt were on fire in their own book and eight years later, their love is still as strong when they come across Kit.

He's been struggling since his parents died and it's clear he's searching for someone to take control.

I know other reviewers have expressed concern at
Lollie Plantagenet
I liked it but I didn't love it.

I wasn't bothered by the sadism, as I enjoy BDSM incorporated into daddy kink. I loved how Colt and Kit bonded over their mutual love of fighter planes--that was some quality banter!

Now, I love me some broken boys in my books. Tragic backstory, yes please! But I was put-off by Kit in general. I felt like he was too privileged to be relatable. I can only handle so much of that "poor little rich boy" shtick.

(I was never able to get into Batman for the same reason.
AussieMum
Theres little to no angst in this, which I liked considering what Kit has gone through. Just two Daddy’s trying to get Kit to stand on his own two feet before he gives control over to them. I did like this. Maybe not as much as this authors other stuff but enough.

I was intrigued by a few characters in this so I really hope it continues. Brothers, River and Reese, especially. I really hope something is going on there. *kinky dirty sigh*
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I have to admit that I’m disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high? All I can say is this didn’t live up to book one. I loved book one and looked forward to seeing Colt and Lucas get their boy. I loved the beginning, but it started going downhill fast. And that bullshit game? Fuck that with a hot poker. 😡🤬
Robert Winter
Sabrina
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Michaelene
More, please!

There’s a level of excitement I get when a new Cara Dee book comes out, and there’s a reason for that. I can always expect a certain level of character development that happens slowly in stages, even if it feels like an emotional one-two punch after each line and scene. The intimacy builds quickly but softly, and it’s always just there…right at your fingertips. I adored Their Boy, and it’s another Cara Dee title going on my favorite/keeper shelf.

I won’t say what Kit is going through
Lily
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NEW RELEASE ALERT!!!

THEIR BOY by Cara Dee

“Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to The Games”
This is the first book of “The Games” series- where numerous kinks are going to be explore, and kinksters will find their one true love(s) along the way <3

The first book tell us the story of two Daddy Doms ( Colt and Lucas) that are looking for a someone to be their boy and when they’ve lost faith to find “the one ”, Kit- with his shy smile, sad eyes and body full of scars- comes barging into their lives 🔥💘

S
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
DNF. I'm not feeling it and I don't like the characters much. I enjoyed them in the last one but this one is just not working.
Denise H.
In book #1, Top Priority, we met Colt, Air Force Pilot, hardcore BDSM sadist, Daddy Dom, plus Lucas, who is also a Daddy Dom, a switch, Colt's husband and a businessman. This book can stand alone, but I really enjoyed getting to know Colt and Lucas.
Now, we meet Kit, 22, a "little" in need of a Daddy. He lives alone, with a housekeeper and guard/chauffeur. He's struggled so much, and was scarred badly in the accident that took his parents when he was younger. He has tattoos covering his scars. Ki
Amanda
Unpopular opinion: I am not enjoying this series.

Who are these characters? Colt is a d-bag, tho less so than in the first book. Lucas is a pod person with the personality of a cardboard box. And Kit is all formality and stiffness. While the Colt/Kit dynamic did work for me for the most part, I found the Lucas/Kit interactions awkward. I cringed every time Lucas called someone "dear". DD/lb is my jam, and some of what I love about it is here, but it was super hard for me to get past Lucas' one-di
Grace
I generally quite enjoy Daddy Kink when done well, and I thought the premise of this one was really interesting, but ultimately it just didn't work for me. I had some reservations going into this based on book 1, and a lot of those issues continue to bug me. I really liked both Kit and Lucus, and though they were super sweet together, but honestly, I just didn't like Colt at all, which made it hard to enjoy the poly relationship. I find arrogance a complete turn-off, and all his "charm" just see ...more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Wow. Daddy kink times two. Cara Dee made this sequel even better than the first book. I'm impressed.

What I liked most was the slow evolution of Kit's role as a "Little" to his two Daddy Doms and their understanding of how to get him to see they can be trusted to see to his needs. The story was long and delightfully delicious and decadent and contained serious and thoughtful information. All of the characters respected BDSM in multiple aspects and we were also given the treat of a crossover visi
Bibliophile
I loved the first book in this series but I just couldn't get into this one. Part of the reason is that this book didn't feel sexy or emotional to me. The sex scenes weren't as graphic or as heated as I expected from this author (their first sexual encounter, oddly, is only referenced) and I found it off-putting to have Kit *always* act like a child rather than the young adult he was. The story very much read like two adults caring for a bratty child. This, in turn, made the two Daddy's come acr ...more
Alex
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emotional, steamy, kinky
I liked it less than the first one but that's mostly because I'm not really into the Daddy/Little thing.
It was sweet though. Angst free and all 3 MCs were really lovable.

I'm kind of excited about the twins book now. These 2 seem wicked & dangerous and I want to see that!!!

description
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Caring for Little Ollie (Different Hearts, #1)
  • In the Name of the Father (Father, #1)
  • Fixing Little Red (Different Hearts, #2)
  • Untamed (Untamed, #1)
  • Finding Finley
  • Serving Mr. Chamberlain (Different Hearts, #3)
  • Baby Boy (Daddy's Boy, #1)
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • Rules to Live By (The Lodge #1)
  • Gentle Hand (Perfect Hands #2)
  • Rules to Break (Davey's Rules, #2)
  • Slow Hand (Perfect Hands, #4)
  • Not Another Statistic (Yuri Sorenson #1)
  • Healing Carson's Little (Different Hearts, #4)
  • Pretty Baby (Daddy's Boy, #2)
  • Captive Wolf (The Wildcrest Pack, #1)
  • Rules for Santa (Davey's Rules #3)

I'm often stoically silent or, if the topic interests me, a chronic rambler. In other words, I can discuss writing forever and ever. Fiction, in particular. The love story—while a huge draw and constantly present—is secondary for me, because there's so much more to writing romance fiction than just making two (or more) people fall in love and have hot sex. There's a world to build, characters to

The Game (3 books)
  • Top Priority (The Game, #1)
  • Breathless (The Game, #3)

News & Interviews

“You’ve been to hell and back, and the ink isn’t about hiding from it. It’s about choice. You choose when to reveal whatever you feel insecure or vulnerable about. You’ve taken back that control.” 0 likes