Start by marking “The Smart Chick's Guide to Career Happiness” as Want to Read:
The Smart Chick's Guide to Career Happiness

The Smart Chick's Guide to Career Happiness

If you’d love to wake up looking forward to a fun and rewarding work day, deeply aligned with your career sweet spot, Carol Maloney-Scott will lead you to Career Happiness Discovery!

Are You Ready To:

Conquer your limiting doubts and fears?
Uncover your true career calling and purpose?
Replace confusion with a crystal clear vision?
Form your supportive and inspirational tribe?
C
Published January 16th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Smart Chick's Guide to Career Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Smart Chick's Guide to Career Happiness

Start your review of The Smart Chick's Guide to Career Happiness
Judith
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
Very useful read. Great advice on what is a difficult subject to approach, even if you know what your calling in life is. There are topical discussions on how to go about getting closer to your life goal, with as little stress as possible. There is an emphasis on making yourself happy while embarking on what is a difficult journey for most people. Finding the niche where we belong and feel happy in, is not an easy task. The book approaches so many aspects of this topic that I can't help but reco ...more
Cristina Hutchinson
Jul 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
The idea of the "talking" book drives me crazy! We aren't having a conversation, I want to read a damn book, that provides information and insight. This is a hard pass.
Donna
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In The Smart Chicks Guide to Career Happiness, Carol Maloney Scott discusses what holds us back from making a career change and how to move forward by putting a plan in place. I felt as if she had written my personal story! She knows what the reader needs to hear and she gives great personal examples. We can clearly see how encouraging and supportive she is and how she wants her readers to succeed and find happiness in our careers. I recommend this book for anyone who is unhappy and wants/needs ...more
Kiley Snyder
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Carol’s funny and witty personality truly shines as she takes you through the steps you need to accomplish real happiness in whatever career you choose. The book is totally relatable and hit me on several levels as I’m currently searching for career happiness myself. Definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a change to bring more happiness into their lives!
Maylee
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast, easy read FILLED with practical advice. Carol provides a systematic, structured approach for obtaining career happiness that is actually applicable and easy to implement! Her writing style is conversational and her stories are relatable. I recommend this book to anyone searching for career happiness in their current or career changing roles!
Jamie Jack
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, nonfiction
Career Happiness Nuggets

This is a super breezy and conversational guide that will help you if you are feeling stuck in your career, not working in a job that brings you satisfaction. I felt the tone was almost too conversational and informal at times, given how important this subject is. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like lots of exclamation points and uppercase words.

She distills down her concepts about how to achieve career happiness into 6 C’s, starting with Courage and ending with Confiden
Andrew
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I originally read this to give myself some education and background so I could help my daughters preparing for the workforce, but it had some excellent things for me too.
This is not another list of mantras and anecdotes to help get you psyched up for the job search, but an energetic and inspiring guidebook to help change your life. It does contain a few mantras and plenty of anecdotes, but it is built on a foundation of actionable steps, written by a certified couch who has done it all herself.
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
This book is not only motivating but also builds a sturdy structure for the reader with viable action steps to follow. In a non~intimidating and conversational voice, author Carol Maloney Scott virtually holds your hand and assuages fears as she shares her own story on moving from a retail setting to following her passion and adjusting her lifestyle to helping others discover their career paths.
Whether this is the first career guidance book you have read, or like me, perhaps the thousandth, you
Beth Lang
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read it twice, well.. maybe I skimmed it the first time and then had an "AH-HA" Moment, chastised myself for having a valuable tool in front of me that I hadn't taken full advantage of and then picked it up and read it again. From the beginning Carol Maloney Scott sets a tone for the quick-read book, that it is about being HAPPY in Your Career, NOT your Job that pays the bills, but waking up each morning and having something that doesn't exhaust you by the end of the day. Are all work days ...more
Marcia Bench
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“As the creator of a globally recognized career coach training course, I found Carol Maloney-Scott’s 6 Tickets to career happiness a refreshing and highly practical approach to finding joy in one’s career. And with more than 70 percent of workers dissatisfied, it is bound to find its place on many employees’ shelves as a guide to their desired job or career transition.

One of the most delightful aspects of the book is the author’s reference to her personal experiences both in childhood and adulth
Allyson Cochrane
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Carol’s thought process of the “road map” to career happiness! I like how she added her own personal experience without making it all about her at the same time. I also loved how there were journal prompts in which questions were asked of you! This was probably my favorite part because it allowed me to be interactive with the book and fully engage in why I would be reading the book in the first place! Very well written and I will be using this method for years to come!
Erralee Hendrian
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was informational and inspirational. I love all the examples used to high light key points and the fact that they were very helpful in understanding all the book is trying to get you to understand when looking for the job or career that will make you happy. I found this useful and feel that this book would benefit many people. I would highly recommend this book if looking to make a change in your working environment.
Lee Ann
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an enjoyable book, written in a witty, conversational style. Packed with lots of good tips and examples, I found myself jotting down nuggets of wisdom as I read. My favorite quote was, "Live your WHOLE life - not just the young part". This was great advice for those of us in the later part of our careers. Give this book a read because it's never too late to be happy at work.
Michele
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Motivational and inspirational while being fun, funny and true to life, much like Carol Maloney Scott herself. Every smart chick should read. Will be so glad you did.
Krista Walsh
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The tips in this book are excellent. Very valuable information for women looking to empower themselves and take control to change their career path. Full of motivation and encouragement.
Katrina Danon
Feb 25, 2020
Lisa
Feb 25, 2020

• When We Believed in Mermaids
  • Wish Upon A Witch (Good Witch #1)
  • The Suite Life (Paradise Bay #3)
  • The Move (The Creek Water Series, #2)
  • Bed-Bugged (Doodlebugged Mysteries, #1)
  • The Nude Painter (The Nude Artists Series, #1)
  • Because We're Worth It
  • Venice Redux
  • Striking Out with the Star Pitcher (How to Catch a Crush, #1)
  • Resisting Her (Moving On Duology Book 2)
  • The Plan (The Creek Water Series, #3)
  • Bailey And The Bad Boy (Scandalous, #1)
  • The Friday Night Date Dress
  • Abi and the Boy Next Door (Texas High: Abi #1)
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • Grady's Gift
  • Under the Tree (Romance for all Seasons #3)
  • Lost Shadow (Neverwood Chronicles, #3)

Carol Maloney Scott is a frazzled wife, mom, and wiener dog fanatic. She is a lover of donuts, and a hater of mornings. Now that she has unearthed a childhood passion for writing, she can once again be seen carrying around a notebook and staring into space. Her stories are witty, fresh and real, just like life.