Start by marking “Weekend Wife” as Want to Read:
Weekend Wife

Weekend Wife

Billionaire businessman in need of a fake fiancée

It should be the easiest job ever for an out-of-work actress, right?

All I have to do is pose as Grant Caldwell (the Third)s fiancée for a fancy-pants weekend in the Hamptons. Easy. Wear designer clothing and sip champagne? Dont mind if I do. Flirting with Grant? Its so delicious I should be paying him.

Nothing can go
231 pages
Published February 3rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Weekend Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weekend Wife

Start your review of Weekend Wife
Bibi
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't remember when last I laughed this hard or be as entertained by book characters. Leah was ah-mazing, and Grant was purr-fect!
Dilek VT
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: meh
Once a week for six months, the hero, Grant, goes to the restaurant where the heroine Leah works as a waitress, but all he does is to eat his chocolate chip pancakes in a pensive mood while Leah flirts with him every now and then.

I didnt like either of the characters much, but I didnt hate them either. I was just not invested in any of them or their story. A man who is attracted to a woman but not doing anything about it is not my type of a hero. And a woman who constantly flirts with him
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erin MacCarthy Fans, Romance
4.5 When Fake Becomes Real Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
Who says there is no such thing as Insta Love...Not Me because I instantly fell in love with this book from the very first page. Erin McCarthy had all of the elements lined up perfectly...she gave me smart, quick and instant chemistry with her characters and I bought it hook line and sinker.

For someone who had read a ton of fake girlfriend/fiancee/wife thing, it is hard to make it something new.

And yet, Erin did. She gave us Leah who had
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Fun story

Well wanting a fake fiancée must be fun but insists this wasn't exactly what either of these two were expecting.
Melliane
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5

Mon avis en Français

My English review

This is a novel that I was curious to discover and I must admit that it had been years since I had read one of the authors books. So I couldnt wait to see how it would turn out.

Leah is an aspiring actress, or at least she is trying to be, and in order to make money she serves and sings in a bar, a bar where a very charming young man comes from time to time. If he seems insensitive to her charm, she soon discovers that its just appearances. So when he
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I really enjoyed this book. it was funny, sweet an all the other good things that make an Erin McCarthy book fantastic. Struggling actress Leah has the major hots for a customer at the diner where she works. Grant is a sexy, rich man that she dreams about, but what would a guy like him want with a girl like her. Grant goes to the diner every Wednesday just to see the gorgeous waitress. When chance throws them together, their chemistry is off the charts. Grant has a proposition for Leah, and she ...more
Jessica Alcazar
Its been a couple of years since Ive read an Erin book so honestly, it felt like a first time to me LOL I read way too many books to be skipping years with authors! But no matter.

I loved this story!

Not because it was fresh or new or innovating or or or it was just fun. And the cover! Another #CoverWin for the books. That pose right there that has Leah with her foot up screams sexy and flirty and fun. And you know what this story was . Sexy and flirty and FUN! #winning Every plot point in
Siobhan
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Since reading Gone With The Ghost, Ive been meaning to read more Erin McCarthy books. In fact, I have a few Erin McCarthy books sitting on my Kindle for me to read. It wasnt until Weekend Wife that I decided to dive into one though, and now Im annoyed with myself for waiting. Weekend Wife was as fun as I remember Gone With The Ghost being, and Im going to go dive into the other Erin McCarthy books sitting on my Kindle.

With Weekend Wife, we have a book I completed in a single sitting. The story
Alyssa
I know Im in the minority, but oh wow this was not the book for me.

Going into this I had such expectations of a cute love story. They make their arrangement, spend a weekend in the Hamptons and realize that oh no this person is pretty great how do I deal with that and then go back to their lives in New York and try to navigate around these feelings for one another and eventually (strong emphasis on the EVENTUALLY) fall in love. That sounds cute, right? Yeah, that was not what I got.

Everything
Rosie
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fake relationship books have been done before but Erin McCarthy put a different spin on it and Weekend Wife did not disappoint!

This is my first book by Erin McCarthy but it definitely wont be my last! Her writing was great, pulling you into the story and wanting to know what would happen next. I devoured this book in a day, eager to know how Leah and Grants story ended.

I will say that insta-love romance arent usually my favourite, but Weekend Wife was an exception because it didnt feel like it
Erin Nicholas
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! Erin McCarthy has always been one of my favorite rom com writers and I love the start to this new series!
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Leah has been drooling over, and trying to flirt with, her customer for ages now. The most reaction she ever gets from him, though, is a trace of a smile when she calls out his name in her diner voice. But when she has a slight mishap while chasing him down to give him the $100 bill he accidentally left on the table, their encounter turns into far more than some tentative flirting. It's practically incendiary! But neither is looking for a big thing, so part ways, never to see each other again.
Kate
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Honestly, this could've gone up to 4 stars actually, if it weren't for a totally childish quarrel-fest of an ending.

Apart from that, this book was so so cute! I really liked how Leah's and Grant's relationship progressed. They started as strangers in a diner, subtly (or not-so-subtly in Leah's case) checking each other out, progressed to one-night-stand as still almost-strangers, only to land in fake-dating land. A place where they actually started to get to know one another and fall
Jeeves Reads Romance
A light and sexy rom com with plenty of steam, this is a quick, fun read. The writing is solid and I enjoyed the tone of the book, but it felt like something was missing. This was steamy from the start, with our couple hooking up early on and I'm not sure that they ever moved past lust. It didn't have as much depth to the relationship as I would've liked, and things moved at an accelerated rate between them.

The story follows Leah, a struggling actress who works as a waitress to pay the bills.
Kari Hansen
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grant is focused on managing the family business and doesnt have the time or energy for a relationship. When his position at the firm is in jeopardy if he isnt in a committed relationship, he decides a fake girlfriend is the solution to his problems and who better than the waitress he spent a steamy evening with.

Until Leahs acting career gets liftoff she works as a waitress at a relationship. When Grant asks her to pretend to be his girlfriend for a weekend visit to his parents it should like
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
Weekend Wife is the role of a lifetime! This was a fun, romantic comedy that I'd love to read again in the near future. My first read by Erin McCarthy and I'm now hooked! Grant and Leah had amazing chemistry from the start, so I love that their fake relationship grew from a friendship they had already established. Filled with witty banter, steamy scenes, and amazing characters. I read this all in one sitting (had my Kindle read it out loud to me at work), and I laughed so much at the most ...more
Anna
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can so see this as a romantic comedy blockbuster. I Floved it.

This was so my kind of rom-com! Leah is an out of work actress waiting tables, living in shoe box, and trying to make it at one of her auditions. And crushing on the hottie, Grant, who has been visiting her work weekly for chocolate chip pancakes the past six months when fate steps in and they're forced to actually interact beyond server/servee.

Little does she know, Grant has been nursing the same crush and this was meant to be his
Taryn Elliott
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nikki Sixx, a poodle skirt, and a Dirty Dancing lift

You think these things shouldnt go together and yet they so do! Laugh out loud moments mixed with a steamy love story made for a gloriously good time. Do yourself a favor and dive into this one.
lowkeyreader
I liked the way Grant and Leah meet, such a cute meet-cute. What started as a crush turned into Grant hiring Leah to be an actress that she is and pretend to be his fiance in front of his family. Both of them have no thoughts of getting married, but maybe now that they're 'engaged', it might change their minds?

This one was light, fun, and flirty read, which makes it an absolutely delightful read!
Isha Coleman
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
McCarthy is at her best when she's at her most ironic. Weekend Wife is a tribute to her sassy sense of humor. Grant and Leah are irresistible, unpredictable, combustible, unstoppable chaos. Each knows where they want to be, but have a hard time getting to where they need to go. What ensues is an over thought, under executed plan that proves destined to be a disaster. Or will it end up changing their topsy-turvy lives for the better? The beauty of an Erin McCarthy story is her ability to find ...more
Amber Hughes
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
What a fun read! This was my first book by Erin McCarthy and Im definitely looking forward to reading more by this author. I really enjoyed this rom-com. It had me laughing out loud and rooting for this couple from the very beginning! Grant and Leah had sizzling chemistry and I loved the playfulness they had with each other. They both werent looking for a relationship, but it was clear from the beginning that these two were meant for each other.

Weekend Wife was such a pleasure to read! I highly
Em__Jay
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
If youre after something light to read that will lift your mood, give WEEKEND WIFE by Erin McCarthy a go. Its a lot of fun!

When Grant Caldwells professional life is put at risk because his single status is seen as detrimental, he sees no choice but to play along until he gets the top job. Hes certainly angry at being manipulated but hes already got a prospect for the job of a fiancée for the weekend.

Enter Leah Romano, actress-slash-waitress who is waiting for her big break on Broadway. Shes
Flo Grugel
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this cute little romcom!
Grant is super sweet and I loved Leah and her craziness!
Fun 5 stars!
Reading Addict
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading Erin McCarthy books for a long time. Long before there was a Goodreads review site. I was so excited to get my hands on Weekend Wife. It truly is rom com perfection! Leah Romano is a struggling actress by night and a singing waitress by day in NYC. Grand Caldwell III is a wealthy NYC real estate developer that happened into Leah's diner. For six months he keeps returning while she keeps flirting but nothing more until she chases him down to return something and gets hit by a ...more
Nicole ReadingBetweenTheSheets
What a wonderful, fun, fake-fiancé story! Weekend Wife by romance author Erin McCarthy has a perfect blend of characters and storyline. Leah Romano, a struggling actress/waitress and Grant Caldwell (the third!) accidentally get together.

I really enjoyed the humor, relationship development, level of heat, and the dual POV! A slightly different story to go with the fake-fiancé storyline, just to appease Grants fatheror maybe not just for that reason4.5 stars!
Heather andrews
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grant takes offense to certain things, dont say ***t like that. Its wrong. Cute and powerful dont belong in the same sentence. The man is optimistic, Im not a great cook either but this is just vegetables in a wok. We cant screw it up. I liked this book, I liked Grant. ...more
Amy Dickinson
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Overall Grade: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Weekend Wife is my first book foray into the Erin McCarthy world. What drew me quickly to this book and piqued my interest in reading an ARC of it is the opposites attract, rom-com qualities of its story. As is the case with the best of rom-coms, this story will both tickle your funny bone and offer up a sweet happy ending.

This story follows Grant and Leah. Leah is a server at a diner where aspiring actors sing and serve food. Grant is a regular customer and the object of
Dora Ruiz Davalos Books and Tequila Blog
℘*`*☆ 4 STAR REVIEW ☆*`*℘

Weekend Wife seems like the perfect story for a Lifetime or Hallmark movie! This cute Standalone RomCom was light on the drama, with just the right amount of sweet, and I happy sighed when I reached the very happy ending. The main characters have sizzling chemistry that they put to good use, and in very creative ways and places. This romance checks so many boxes, youll want to take an afternoon to read and enjoy it!

Leah Romano moved to NYC at eighteen, determined to find
Eileen
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author
I totally enjoyed Leah and Grants story in Weekend Wife: A Fake Fiancée by Erin McCarthy. Take an actress, singer, and waitress, Leah, at a diner who waits on a hot, sexy, billionaire, Grant, every Wednesday for breakfast, a meal he never enjoys but wants to see Leah, and you could have this story in a nutshell; but theres so much more. When Grant is in need of a fake fiancée he immediately thinks of Leah playing the part. Leah being an out-of-work actress means it should be no problem to ...more
Maureen
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, favourite
When I saw the sign up for the Weekend Wife Blog Tour and read the book description, I knew this was a book I wanted to read. And I just loved that cover. So when I received the email telling me I was chosen to get an ARC I was completely over the moon and started reading as soon as I could.

In Weekend Wife we meet Leah, a wannabe actress working as a waiter. For over six months, every Wednesday morning, she has been serving this handsome business guy Grant. She has been trying to get him to
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Teacher I Want to Date
  • The Dare
  • Doctor Dearest
  • The Trade
  • Better than Sexy (Sexy #3)
  • All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
  • Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2)
  • Doughn't Let Me Go
  • The Stand Out
  • My Bestie's Ex (The Rooftop Crew #1)
  • You're The One
  • Billionaire Bosshole (Bedding the Billionaire #3)
  • A Billion Times No (Fake It Till You Make It #1)
  • Unexpectedly Yours
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written over seventy novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.

News & Interviews