Start by marking “My Video Game Ate My Homework” as Want to Read:
My Video Game Ate My Homework

My Video Game Ate My Homework

Meet Dewey Jenkins, a 13-year old school kid who's about to fail science class. Follow Dewey on an amazing adventure that leads him and his friends to a virtual world where they will have to overcome all sorts of digital creatures and solve a number of puzzles in order to get home.

MY VIDEO GAME ATE MY HOMEWORK is a funny, fast-paced adventure that shows the importance of
Expected publication: April 21st 2020 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about My Video Game Ate My Homework, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Video Game Ate My Homework

Start your review of My Video Game Ate My Homework
Christine Irvin
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dewey and his friends go on a wild adventure INSIDE A video game after the video game comes "alive" and swallows up his homework (a special project for the science fair). This graphic novel is sure to please comic book lovers and gaming geeks.
Katy
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very cool how much thought was put into making this accessible. Really individual art style that I think kids will enjoy. Video game-y in a way that seemed genuine (makes sense due to Hansen's long video game involvement). Adorable robot companion which is always a plus.
Krys
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher I was able to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
***
I’ll have a review closer to the publish date but suffice to say I’ve already pre-ordered this book for my nephew because it’s just the kind of story he needs in his life.
Dewey is a great character and he’s lucky to have great friends and family surrounding him.
Emily G
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
This was really cute, and I gave it a bonus star for centering on a character with dyslexia who faces his challenge to save the day. The issues the characters face are authentic within the story, I just wish a bit more care was taken in editing a few of the panel changes. Generally though, this will.be a GREAT book for budding readers and struggling students.

I received an ARC of this title from the publisher.
Alyssa
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I got an advanced reader's copy at ALA Midwinter in 2020. I read this book with my 8 year old son. We really liked it! Such a creative story and I liked the video game elements throughout the book. I liked the diverse characters and the positive sibling relationship between two of them!
Ms. Yingling
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
E ARC provided by Edelweiss Plus

Will post review on my blog on release date. Embargoed title.
Soup
Emmaj
Feb 04, 2020
Justin
Dustin Hansen
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jodi Hansen
Feb 03, 2020
Melanie
Feb 05, 2020

• Primer
  • Doodleville (Doodleville, #1)
  • Superman Smashes The Klan
  • Zatanna & the House of Secrets
  • King and the Dragonflies
  • Here in the Real World
  • The Important Thing About Margaret Wise Brown
Dustin was raised in rural Utah, where his imagination was his most constant companion. A reader, artist, and gamer from an early age, Dustin was encouraged to mine his talents, follow his passions, and find the fun in everyday life.

Dustin studied art in college, and entered the exciting world of video game development in 1994. His career has taken him and his family from coast to coast, but he