Start by marking “Witness X” as Want to Read:
Witness X

Witness X

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  16 ratings  ·  14 reviews
From one of the most original new voices in fiction comes a startling vision of a world where hero Kyra must fight the past to save our future. A genre-bending thriller for the Netflix generation, for fans of Altered Carbon, Dark and Mindhunter.

She's the only one who can access the truth...

Fourteen years ago, the police caged a notorious serial killer who abducted and
Paperback
Published February 6th 2020 by Orion Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Witness X, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witness X

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Witness X
Liz Barnsley
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Silence of the lambs meet blade runner might over sell this just a little but is a sound analogy - this was a darkly addictive serial killer thriller with a strong psychological core and a well drawn set of characters.

The intriguing premise at the heart of it - the ability to link to another person's memories - is well imagined and within the context of the story extremely believable. Kyra's determination to see her Sister's killer brought to justice adds a layer of involvement that keeps you
Jesus
Jan 17, 2020 marked it as to-read
MRS MCGEEHAN I LOVE YOU BABY GIRL GO YOU <3333333333333333333333333333
Kat
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Set in the near future this is a serial killer thriller with a difference and it’s an excellent read. Kyra Sullivan a neuropsychologist has invented a new technology that can tap in on people’s minds and memories so can this be used to find a particularly gruesome serial killer, well here we start on an thrilling race against the clock to find out just the killer is because it’s looking very much like the the person behind bars may not be the actual killer.
This is a brilliant story from a new
Kirsty Stanley
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Crime isn’t my natural genre but I was totally drawn in by the tag line Silence of the Lambs meets Blade Runner.

Kyra is immediately a loveable heroine who you can see has her heart in the right place. She has developed a mind reading technology that can delve into people’s memories - but it’s not quite ready for public consumption for a number of reasons, and she’s definitely not behind the use of it by force.

And suddenly the killer is back, along with some horrifying memories she doesn’t need
Becca Fowell
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Gollancz for sending me a e-copy of this book.
Just from reading the blurb of this book I was intrigued, I needed an 'on the edge of your seat' book and this sounded perfect for it. I didn't really know what to expect as I do not think this author has any other books, so I was going into this with a fresh mind and nothing to compare to. It definately met my need for being on the edge of my seat, at one point I was biting my nail (which I never do) because the chapter I was reading
Nicole Sweeney
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on The Bibliophile Chronicles.

Witness X is a fast paced thriller set in the future, the story follows a neuropsychologist named Kyra Sullivan as she races to uncover who is behind a recent murder. Using technology that allows Kyra to access the memory of those who were witnesses, she must work to uncover the truth – but at what cost?

This was such an addictive read! It’s tagged ‘Silence of the Lambs meets Blade Runner’ and I think that’s a really apt description. It’s the
Alex  Jones
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Set in 2035, Kyra Sullivan is neuropsychologist who has developed a machine that allows her to get into peoples minds and reanact their memories.

Using the technology Kyra sets about finding a serial killer who started is killings some 14 years prior.

Kyra is resolute and hell bent on finding the killler and SE Moorhead has created a strong determined character.

An interesting and intriguing premise, it’s a serial killer thriller with a futuristic difference and is a very well thought out,
Mrs T
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous debut novel from S.E Moorhead. A fast-paced, exciting thriller set in the future. I usually pride myself on working out "whodunnit" quite early on but not this time. No - spoilers I promise. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for Kyra surely this can't be it! More Kyra please.
MS G POWER
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 'pre-launch' copy of this and didn't know what to expect as I'm not a massive thriller reader. However I couldn't put it down! It hooked me right from the beginning, mainly because I found the main character- Kyra - to be 'real' and likeable and there were lots of hints about where the story might be going, but none of them too obvious. I felt like I was solving the mystery along with Kyra throughout the book. What I liked most though was how intelligently ...more
Jordan Ricks
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
I did not finish this book, but I only had 2 hrs to go in the audiobook, so close enough. Blade Runner meets Silence of the Lambs... that was the catchphrase that sold me this book. What a good trick. Problem is, it is NOTHING like Blade Runner, with only a little bit of SotL. I realized this fairly quickly, but I like whodunnits, and science fiction is my jam, so I figured I would stick it out.

However, this book failed on both levels—whodunnit and science fiction. The whodunnit failed because
Richard
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If I'd written the cover notes (respect to Stephen Baxter) I'd have said Mindhunter meets Minority Report.
It is an imaginative, intelligent and often tough read. I found myself putting the book down to compose my thoughts, and then getting dragged back to find out what happened next.
I'm sure this is the start of a series; Kyra, Molly and Jimmy are characters too good for just one outing.
Thanks SE, and good luck writing the sequel.
Mrs Claire S O'Brien
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic book! Such a unique concept. Extremely well written and the ending was thrilling. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Cora Tea Party Princess
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Blog Tour: Book Review: Witness X by SE Moorhead

5 Words Review: Crime, truth, deception, morality, justice.
Fraser Morrison
Jay Kenobi
Feb 09, 2020
Wayong
Feb 10, 2020

• Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • The Stars We Steal
  • The 24-Hour Café
  • Long Bright River
  • A Queen in Hiding (The Nine Realms, #1)
  • The God Game
  • The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
  • We Begin at the End
  • The Guest List
  • The Names of the Dead
  • The Holdout
  • The Burning Men
  • The Land of Roar
  • Malamander (Malamander, #1)
  • Ayoade on Top
  • My Hidden Chimp
  • Did I Mention it's 10 Years Later?: Anniversary Bonus Chapter (The DIMILY Series)
  • The Foundling