Start by marking “Kismet (Birch County Blue, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kismet (Birch County Blue, #1)

Kismet

(Birch County Blue #1)

What doesn’t kill you…

In the wake of an attack leaving her beaten and devastated, Maya Daniels becomes someone new. No longer meek and gentle, she’s forced to live her life in a world that has repeatedly tried to tear her down. Faced with her new reality, Maya learns to fight for the life she wants, with the man who still sees beneath her scars.

Makes you stronger…

Brian wil
Published December 2019 (first published August 9th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Kismet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kismet

Start your review of Kismet (Birch County Blue, #1)
KaylaJane
*** SPOILER WARNING ****

Hero is a divorced from his ex wife & has 2 kids. As the story begins, he has been living with his GF of 5 years & raising his kids with her. Heroine is also divorced with no kids and has known Hero for 1 year in which he has become her BFF & confidante. She fancies herself in love with him and tells him so - expecting him to get rid of his GF! Only he doesn't. He rejects her and tells her he is committed to GF.

Then we have Hero & his GF fighting and eventually breaking u
Leslee Brooke
Aug 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
Underwhelmed and disappointed

I had high hopes for this book especially with so many positive reviews but I am so disappointed that I wasted 5 dollars on this. The characters were completely unlikabld and so insanely immature. Maya is young so maybe she hasn’t grown into her own yet but she made some seriously stupid decisions throughout the story. Brian was the first H I’ve read in a book that I genuinely disliked. He was so undeserving of Maya and I felt like the author did a disservice by eve
Michelle
Mar 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh my freakin' god!!! Kismet was sooooo goood!!! I loved Maya, and my heart shattered for her and all the trauma she deals with in this book, it showed how strong she is, and with the love and support of friends and family, you can survive and live again. Maya is in love with Brian, but Brian is an asshat, who won't admit to himself let alone anyone else that he may have feelings for her too...There is a glitch though, see Brian is seeing someone, he's not happy though cause she's a raging bitch ...more
Brenda Moser
Mar 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a well written thriller with an intense story line. The author brings strong characters and weaves a suspense filled story filled with ups and downs and paints her scenes in vivid detail ,moving the story fluidly and delivering an enjoyable read.

Sue Payton
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There is a lot going on in this book. The author was great with the story line and kept you on the edge of your seat. This book may cause triggers for some. There's physical abuse, kidnapping twice, rape and trying to kill her. Maya is a dispatcher and Brian is a cop with two boys. It's bad enough with the drama for Maya, but Brian's ex girlfriend was a piece of work. So hand on tight to your seats for a rollercoaster ride. HEA. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntari ...more
Cynthia Khan
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is Maya and Brian story. This book will have you crying for all that Maya goes through in this book. I hated how they both hurt one another with keeping them at arms length only to try to have a relationship then push the other way again. I loved this drama filled danger waiting to happen book. Andrew was creepy and I felt sorry for his wife. I am so glad how this book ends.

Dotti Elrick
Jul 24, 2020 rated it liked it
***Possible Spoilers Ahead***
Also trigger warnings
An age gap story, he’s 38, she’s 25.
This book was just OK for me. There were things that I liked, things I didn’t like and one thing I hated.
Maya has had feelings for Brian for a very long time. He helped her through her divorce, he was her confidant, her best friend. But he has been in a long term relationship with his current girlfriend. The timing is never right for her to tell him the truth. When she finally gets up the guts, he rejects her
Gretchen
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: never-again
Where to start? The hero was a douche. His “alpha” actions came off as clueless at best and heartless at worst. The heroine was a doormat. Her friends were not friends that anyone would want in their life. His friends weren’t much better. Who goes around punching their adult friends in the face? There was juvenile name calling - heroine was told she was an idiot or stupid several times; random and sporadic pet names that made no sense - pip squeak for an adult woman?

And the romance? There was z
Ash J
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I actually really liked this story. I cringed at some of the things that Maya went through and was very happy she got the happy ending that she had always hoped for from the beginning. Although I could not understand why the characters were acting the way they were at some points in the story, I guess that's the way life really is and the way people in this world are too. Some times they make dumn or immature decisions. That fact alone made this book feel a little more real to me. It was a sweet ...more
Amanda
Mar 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
April Canavan is a new author to me and I loved this book, the storyline felt real, the characters felt real and I am glad Maya and Brian found their HEA after what they went through
Danielle Knight
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Now bare in mind this is not your typical romance book and to be honest it was very refreshing. Not everyone got along and there are a lot of hard ship it's does have a happy ever after but it has a amazing plot and lots of Twists first time reading this author and I will definitely be looking at the next book
Julie Engle
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Kismet had left an impression on my soul. It was beautifully written and the story just touched me deep. There was heartbreak and terror but also romance and happiness. Yes, this story is about different forms of abuse and if that is a trigger for you, you maybe shouldn't read it. But I believe that this is a great book and I will be reading it again.

Beth Jones
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This book is a romantic suspense novel about Brian and Maya getting together with each other. HEA. This book is a great story.
Tanya Jepsen
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book - more so for the mystery, drama and cliffhangers that had me wanting just one more chapter. I will say there were some scenes that could upset some readers who don’t have warning about the explicit nature - but at the same time it made made me feel I was there in the pages and wanting to scream every emotion the words drew out. I would recommend this book if you’re into suspense, happily ever after and looking to fall in love with characters because you will be left w ...more
Kari Williams
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow

My God this was a good story. This was intense and beautiful and terrible and healing and traumatic and fulfilling. This was carefully constructed and respectfully executed.
Donna Fielder
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The suspence almost got me

A fantastic read. Not for the weak as there are trigger points. This is the first April Canavan book I have read and I wasn't disspointed. More suspence than romance in my opinion but the battle they both faced was epic. I will be reading more from this author.
Tich Brewster
Apr 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was an intriguing story about a dispatcher who falls in love with a man already taken. On top of that problem, she finds herself the victim of a demented man who believes they were meant for one another.

Scarolet Ellis
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Kismet by April Canavan is a wonderful story that I have loved reading very much. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series that I am hooked on and can not wait to read the rest. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about romantic suspense and small town romance.

Misty Roule
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful and addictive

Maya's story will have you on edge, and it will do things to your heart that were unexpected.
Happy reading : )
Ewa
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great suspense romance.
If you like men in blue don’t miss this one. She is 911 dispatcher and he is police officers.
They talk , they are friends but one thing they can’t avoid is love.
When Maya falls into the hands of crazy stalker and almost died Brian has to choose his life path.
Wonderful families interactions , this one of blood and work one. Everyone play roles to put this two clueless people together.
Kismet....

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a r
Tahnia Ross
May 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
*This book includes scenes of rape and attempted murder.
Dispatcher Maya does not know it but she has a stalker and he is closer than she would want. Maya is in love with Deputy Brian though she has never said anything. When she does talk to Brian, he shuts her down until the night the rapist shows up at the house she shares with her roommate Brandi. This violence in this story is horrendous but it has a HEA and is very much worth reading. Highly recommended.

I received a free copy of this book vi
Nikki
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***

Kismet (Birch County Blue book 1) By April Canavan is a 5 star read.
This book starts out with emergency dispatcher Maya confessing her feelings for deputy sheriff Brian and getting rejected, tucking her feelings away she goes home to find her house has been broken into and her things moved, it looks like she may have a stalker, when she calls 911 her work colleagues send her help, but when she doesn’t take it too seriously her stalker ups his game and attacks her and l
Tiffany Copple
Apr 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 stars for Kismet by April Canavan. This is book one in the Birch County Blue Series. This is my first book from this author and I am looking forward to reading more from her. This is a romantic suspense, and I loved every second of it. Maya is a dispatcher and Brian is a deputy. These two have a friendship but Maya is in love with Brian. Brian says he does not have feelings for her but he seems to be lying. Everything changing when Maya’s life is in danger when it is revealed she has a stalker ...more
Brandi
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow..I wanted to protect Maya too. She has gone through too much pain and not just the physical kind. Great book but has a dark theme. Keeps you turning the page until you find the SOB and to see if there is a happy ending.
This story will have you wanting a close "family" like in this book. It even shows that you don't have to be blood to be family. Every person will do what they can for one another.
I love all the characters in the book (except the bad guys of course) and look forward to the nex
Megan
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I could not put it down!

I binge read this book and I can't wait to start the next one! I look forward to reading more books by this author.
Lisa Baffi
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Five stars!!

I thought this was a great first book in this series. I really loved having all the characters points of view. I am definitely going to read the next book.
Lauren
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel like all I've been reading lately is romance novels and mystery/thriller/romantic suspense novels. And you know what? I'm completely okay with that since I get both sides of the spectrum: the sugary and sweet as well as the disturbing and suspenseful.

So when April Canavan's Kismet, the first romantic suspense book in her Birch County Blue, landed on my radar I knew I had to read it. It seemed like the perfect book to continue my reading trends. Plus, isn't that cover just delightfully cr
Emily
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was ok
Dianna
Jan 26, 2021 rated it liked it
So I don't normally review books, but there are just things I need to get off my chest about this book. It was ok. The idea behind the story was good. I liked that both Maya and Brian were your average, everyday people and not supermodels. However, there were times where I didn't like them or understand them at all, more so Maya.

So Maya got divorced a year or two ago and Brian has been her best friend ever since. She "falls in love" with Brian during this time and the story starts with her tell
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
Let me just start off by saying that when I read the blurb that we were given I signed up immediately! I was hooked and needed to know more about how things took place and what happened at the end. Needless to say that I was not disappointed and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time waiting for the ball to drop. Even time something crazy happened you would just tailspin into something else! I loved every part of this book and I am hoping there is more to come!!

Maya.... what can I say about
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Another Moment in Time: A Collection of Short Stories
  • Corrupted Angel (Belluci Mafia #1)
  • Healing Love (Saints Protection & Investigations, #2)
  • Axel (Reapers MC, #17)
  • Crossing The Line (KTS #2)
  • Ember (Men of Inked: Heatwave #7)
  • Baby (Linear Tactical #9)
  • Let's Ride (Men of Valor MC)
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Loving The Enemy (The Bosshole Series)
  • Schooled by the Professor
  • Dark Protector (Black Hoods MC #1)
  • Venom's Prize (Devil's Riot MC: Originals, #10)
  • Bear (Texas Kings MC #9)
  • Pursuing Phoenix (Nova Satellite Security, #1)
  • The Rancher’s Pregnant Fake Fiancée (Radford Ranch Brothers #1)
  • Burnout (Full Throttle, #3)
USA Today Bestselling author by day and superhero by night... Seriously, though. I write Contemporary Romance that will tear my readers apart and put them back together again.
As long I have coffee, I legit think I can conquer the world.

Find all my social media here:
geni.us/StalkApril

Birch County Blue (3 books)
  • Inferno (Birch County Blue, #2)
  • Maelstrom (Birch County Blue, #3)