Start by marking “Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)” as Want to Read:
Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)

Vendetta

(Sisterhood #3)

They Can Run, But They Can't Hide From The Sisterhood. Once upon a time there were seven very different women who had been broken but not beaten by life. In those tough days of healing, they became the Sisterhood, a group of devoted friends who vowed to change their lives, empower themselves, and be there for each other, no matter what. Now, they're ready to answer the cal ...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Zebra (first published May 31st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Vendetta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vendetta

✨Susan✨
The girls are off on another caper that this time takes some of them out of the country. Myra takes off on a crazy trucking expedition, that is so out of her realm that it becomes quite funny and unexpected. The ole gal proves to her pomp and circumstance self that she still has it. As I have said before, these books would be cozy's if not for some brutality that is needed to keep the series true to itself as a revenge story. I will definitely be revisiting this series and wonderful characters s ...more
Lisa Roberts
Feb 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
When I first starting reading this book, I thought it was a cheesy story but as I kept reading I realized that this was part of a series of books. The premise behind the books is a group of women called the Sisterhood that spend their time putting together very elaborate ways of seeking revenge on the people who have done wrong by them or ruined their lives in some way.

This particular book was about seeking revenge for Myra (whose name was chosen next from a shoebox). Myra's daughter Barbara and
Mahoghani 23
The ladies strike again. This vengeance wasn't as I expected. It's still a good read that displays the prowess of this group of women. They're a unit of seven women that functions as one and can scheme with the best of them. How far they're willing to go to extract retribution. It's funny in some scenarios, thrilling in others and downright sad in others.
Kathy Davie
Sep 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense
Third in the Sisterhood suspense series which is focused on righting the wrongs done each of the seven women.

The Story
It's Myra's turn for justice and Charles and the Sisterhood plot to kidnap John Chai, the diplomat's playboy son who ran Barbara down, from Hong Kong. The ladies aren't into killing anyone and, I must say, they do find a particularly nasty way of punishing Mr. Chai that is very much in keeping with his vanity and his and his father's viewpoints.

The Characters
I like the ladies for
Feb 23, 2010 rated it liked it
These Sisterhood books are easy, quick reads. My stomach still turns at the gruesome vengeance tactics used by the "sisters" but somehow I keep on turning the pages!
Harmonie
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
These books are stupid. I have no idea how Fern Michaels got so popular.
Kimberly Dull
Mar 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
I really disliked this book. I haven't read any others in this series, so I don't know whether I just got a bad one, but I don't think I'll be reading any more of them. It felt like it was written by someone in high school.

Everything was just too convenient. They always had exactly what they needed.

I thought the dialog was utterly ridiculous; add this to the silly metaphors, and I found myself rolling my eyes A LOT.

And the revenge was also ridiculous and overly nasty. I didn't like any of the
Dottie
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best one yet! This one had me feeling all sorts of emotions.
Tabby Kat
May 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
It isn't easy to root for the vindictive women in Michaels's Revenge of the Sisterhood series. Sure, they're loyal and fearless, and they look good in eveningwear ("We're stunning," lawyer Nikki says. "We sizzle and we look sensual"). But in this third installment of the payback saga, the six women commit a morally repugnant act likely to leave readers cold. Myra and her longtime lover, retired MI6 agent Charles, finally discover the whereabouts of John Chai, the man who killed their daughter in ...more
Josie
Apr 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense
Okay, so I've read the first two in the series pretty quickly but have to admit this book was a little harder to stomach. The women don't really have much depth to them and to see them deal the physical punishment in this one I lost a little bit more respect and interest in them. I might take a break from this series for a bit, but will still return.
Mar 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometime I wonder why I am reading this series. I thought it went a bit to far with the caning. I understand wanting revenge but think there could be a better way to do it. I did like what happened at the end with the mirror. Still I want to read the rest of these books.
Karen
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The saga of the sisterhood feces on. Can't wait to start #4 The Jury. Happy reading to me!!
Tara Brown
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**This review is for the audiobook on Audible.**

Vendetta: Revenge of the Sisterhood #3 by Fern Michaels, narrated by Laural Merlington is another winner in this highly rated series! I am 100% hooked, engaged, and completely into the planning, process, and outcome of each woman's story. The series follows a group of women who have gone from mostly strangers to a close-knit, loving, and caring family. How? By working toward a common goal...seeking revenge on those who have taken away the happy liv
Linda Walters
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been really enjoying this series. And this book was, "Brilliant and at some times squirm worthy." The squirmy part of the feelings came in when I read what the women did as his punishment. Ouch, painful. Cunning, well planned but brutal and life-long in its effects. The details could have been worse, I guess and I'm just glad that they weren't more detailed. The rest of the story, critical planning of the mission, the relationships were close and very well written. It was good to see the ...more
Jasmyn
This will be my last in the Sisterhood series for a while. While I totally understand the need for revenge, the graphic quality of what the group does to the man that killed Myra's daughter just turned my stomach and made me sick.

In addition, after the things they have put Jack and his friend through, I find it beyond belief that he would even consider not continuing to try and find a way to stop them. If the books were less graphic, or more about the women finding ways to prove people's guilt,
Lisa
Myra had been through a lot in the past 5 years, since the son of the Chinese Ambassador, who has Diplomatic Immunity, was involved in the 'hit & run' that killed her daughter and unborn grandchild. Getting revenge for this act was difficult, but it is now in the past. The Sisterhood has completed its "Vendetta" for Myra, but also had to deal with the ever curious Jack Emery and his FBI friend as they get closer to figuring out what the women are doing. Next up to see the Scales of Justice t ...more
Judy Howell
Justice is Served

This book is dependable good. For me, I find, that this series is interesting, but not surprising. Each of the main characters take a turn in getting revenge. In this installment it's time for Myra to seek revenge for the death of her daughter and unborn grandchild. Join this group of ladies who invent retribution for crimes that were never punished. Vigilante justice is served by these educated, strong and usually law abiding citizens.
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love these books, the idea behind the whole thing is fascinating, a little unrealistic in some parts but wouldn't we all secretly like to do what these women are doing..... well I know I would..... this last one worried me a little that the father of Barbara's killer would come after Myra... he would believe his son if no one else did..... started reading the next one straight away.
Debbi
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my could not stop reading,what a great group of books, ready for the next one. Clean easy reading! Still wishing I could be a part of their group!

Jack,what will you do next? Will your love for Nicki win out ? Or will the law lead you forward?
Chris Blackton
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book and was very happy that there were few typos until I came to one glaring error when he referred to Jack and it was supposed to be Mark. I look forward to reading the next in the series. I also admire the skill of the author regarding the way she assembles the plot.
Carol Mersburgh
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vendetta

What an awesome ride! Never a dull moment, & all details so exquisitely worked out. I couldn’t put the book down! Well done

Meryl Petty
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series by Fern Michaels. Each one is about a different woman with very troubling situations they find themselves in. And the way it is handled is so clever.
Monica Willyard Moen
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The sassy girls of the sisterhood are back, and it’s time to help Myra with her mission this time. They use a very creative way to kidnap their subject, one that no one else notices.
Mike Corgan
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fern-michaels
Good book in the Sisterhood series.
Heidi
May 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
The reader on the audiobook was excellent. The content of the book was horrible... about performing the most terrible punishment as vengeance and that is somehow good. Yuck.
Luanne Hoxie
Sep 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Don't waste your time...I sure did!
Rosie Strange
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I did not want to put it down it was good but I would have liked a better punishment for Chai and them banishing him. But now they have a sequel on it
Janice H. Moore
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The sisterhood really believes in revenge for wrongs against their own. In this adventure they take revenge to a new level.
Andi
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good read
Pat Cray-Hollis
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fern Michael's Sisterhood series is very suspenseful. Ms. Michael's keeps you on your seat to the bitter end.
  • Moon River and Me: A Memoir
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Freestyle with Avery
  • Frog, Where Are You?
  • Married to a Stranger
  • Dinner at Mr. Jefferson's: Three Men, Five Great Wines, and the Evening that Changed America
  • Chances: Opposites Attract / A Will and a Way
  • Cry Mercy (Mercy Street #2)
  • GRINGA - In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug-Lord (#3)
  • 8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove, #8)
  • Dancing in the Dark (KEY News #8)
  • Thunder Creek (Thunder Creek #1)
  • Doctor Dolittle
  • Silent Killer (Griffin Powell, #10)
  • Knit Two Together (Chicks with Sticks, #2)
  • Valentine Mice!
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • Heart of Lies (Irish Angel, #2)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood #8; Rules of the Game #1)
  • Hokus Pokus (Sisterhood #9; Rules of the Game #2)
  • Fast Track (Sisterhood #10; Rules of the Game #3)
  • Collateral Damage (Sisterhood #11; Rules of the Game #4)
“This was her special time, this early part of the day when the sun was just about to creep over the horizon. It was a brand new day in which anything could happen.” 18 likes