Start by marking “Eve's Wrath” as Want to Read:
Eve's Wrath

Eve's Wrath

Five years ago, Eve Linyard was forced to marry Carter Welling.

It destroyed her and ruined their friendship. It filled her with so much hatred that revenge was all she could taste. It was all she could feel. It was all she could breathe. And now, she’s finally ready to put her plan into motion.

But her plan has one fatal flaw.

She’s fallen in love with her husband.
Published December 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Eve's Wrath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eve's Wrath

Start your review of Eve's Wrath
Rosie J.
3.5 Stars

This is a revenge story which I confess is a favorite trope of mine. The targeted individual was a surprise but got what they deserved. I had questions because some elements of the story didn't work for me and I needed an explanation. This story feels unfinished and I need another book in order to feel that this story is truly ... wrapped up. Read It!
Devlyn
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whew

Eves wrath was no joke. Sharon was one crazy chick. Poor carter being so naive. Secrets and blackmail made had me shook.
Nancy  L Thompson
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just.....wow!!!

I loved the whole concept of this book. The characters, plot and everything. Loved the twists and turns. It wasn't a formula story....thank u!!!
Mia LeNae
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Somebody save Jackson

Why is she just taking this?? Why won’t she tell him what mommy dearest has done? I love the moves Eve made to snatch La Belle away. I’m angry she didn’t have a tighter relationship with her parents because half of this could have bee avoided. Now at the end of the book it feels incomplete. There wasn’t really a happy ending but it was implied that Eve and Carter planned to work on it. I don’t like that it took Carter 33 years to see that his mom had issues and terrorized th
Sammie Shorter
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Left me wanting

I had to suspend reality to continue reading this book. There was just so many over the top situations and the immature banter between Eve and her antagonists was too much. Carter was the one bright spot in all of this. The book ended abruptly and left too many lingering questions.
Travis Peak
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book

There were a lot of twists and turns. The book moved at a good pace and I found it hard to put down. Eve was great. She was so smart and strong. The author did a really good job of making what could be a very hard story to swallow seem plausible. Only a couple things kept this book from being 5 stars for me. The first was Carter. While he was a good guy and clearly loved Eve, he was probably the most clueless character I've ever read. To be fair, he had to be in order
Laverne Brewster
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.00 Stars. (BW/WM). A kindle Unlimited e-book. Loveless. Blackmail. Spiteful. The story opens punctuating the long and endearing close friendship between the Linyard and the Welling families and their respective children, Eve and Carter, becoming each other best friends. Carter’s mother, a prominent and influential businesswoman is credited with aiding Eve’s father in his successful Mayoral election and with encouraging Eve to peruse her dreams in the cosmetic industry. At chapter 4/5 Eve and C ...more
Tiffany Lee
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jesus i read this in one night cause I just couldn't put it down

This boon was amazing in felt so.bad for eve cause sharon was lower then dog poo I swear, and even though I hate Sharon's crazy psycho heartless self, I just could not hate Carter no matter how blind he was, he was an amazing man he just was born with the wrong mama, I so badly wanted eve to tell.hernparents or at least her dad but in the end I get why she didn't, so many secrets and etc, I loved the ending I was just wishing for m
Cammyjoe
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even & Carter's story!!

Wow, that book is so engaging, it was hard for me to I it it down.
I love Carter , he is a standing up guy, loyal to booth. He loves with his ALL. Most men would move on, instead he waited patiently and faithfully,. And his wako of a mother,I can't believe he did his best to be there for her,...Dayyyyuuuumm!! I would say bye "Felicia", and maybe she would learn a thing or two. Eve, that girl is one patient woman,so patient that she let Sharon, the devil that she was a weak
Crystal
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eve

Let me start by saying that this book wasn't anything like what I expected. Girl mad at husband and now seeking revenge kinda book. Instead, this book had the revenge carried out by a boss b down. Eve's character was well-written. You wanted to see what happened next because you were cheering for her. Carter's character had enough vulnerability and innocence that you felt bad that he had to know the truth. I don't want to give away anything. So, if you want a book that has revenge, love, secr
Angela
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good read

Eve had a plan to do her own thing but her best friend's mother had other motives.
The story was good but the drawn out secrets that held Eve to Sharon should have been cleared up earlier to me.
Sharon was a real piece of work that should have been put out of her misery.
Carter was the good guy but he was completely blind where his mother was concerned.
To much wasted time and angst. Silence is not always golden. Sometimes you need to cleanse your soul by speaking your truth.
Secrets, mon
Anita Gibson
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of drama!!

This story was a crazy ride. Sharon's antics made her the mother-in-law from hell but Eve took her time proving she could stand toe to toe with her. Carter was a good guy who could see no wrong in his mom. It was a major shock when he learned the depth of her evil. I wanted to rate this higher but the typos and grammatical errors which are very uncharacteristic for Ms Verji were very distracting.
Lorice DeBlanc-Brim
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this good read!😋

She's mother Toni was a better mother than Sharon despite of their parents friendship. I would have never thought a mother would go through great lengths to make her adult son happy. Even destroying their friendship in the process. Carter is so loyal even though his mother is a wacko. I found it hard to call him naive when it came to his mother character.
morganblake
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read! This was a sweet love story with a wicked twist. Have to admit that I enjoyed Eve's execution of her plan. I was so satisfying. Poor Carter...his mother was a MONSTER and he was clueless. You could actually feel his pain and disillusion. What a mess. What should you do when your spouse and mother hate each other? How do you reconcile that with a parent who has seemed to be your greatest supporter? Really good read - highly recommend it! ...more
Msgonzo10
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Good read with distracting grammar/typos

I enjoyed the storyline and the characters although it felt like Carter was dumb deaf and blind for the five years of marriage which seemed strange to me considering this was his “best friend.” Loved Eve’s plan of attack and how things played out including the epilogue. There were quite a few grammatical errors and typos which I found distracting but I would read another of this author’s books.
Jackie Bragg
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well Dang Mommie in Law

This is my first read from this Author, and what a crazy ride it was.

Sharon I thought was a great friend, Mother. Until the mask came off on what she wanted.

I loved this book and want more from this couple.

The pain that Eve went thoigh with that Woman. I wanted to come though the book and do her Bodily Harm.

And to that to her Son Carter and Blame Eve.

Lord this book took you on a Wild and Crazy Ride. And love ever minute of it.
tam dais
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Storyline fell short

I was captivated in the beginning by the characters Eve and Carter. The storyline was good until the climax of the story. I felt as though Ever revenge went on and on without end and I don't think the reason for her going to that extreme was warranted. I think the first gotcha was enough with the video. I couldn't finish the book because the storyline became kinda ridiculous.
ethel taylor
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Wow. This book had me on the edge of my seat. In the beginning I was so disappointed in Eve because she let Sharon manipulate her, until I found out she wasn’t the only one Sharon was manipulating. I think I screamed when the police captain punched Eve in the face. I don’t want my review to give away the whole story but I have to mention how I enjoyed the strong bond/love between Eve and Carter This book is a must read.
Shonda
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid Storyline

The relationship builds up and I enjoyed the storyline. The characters where really developed and I enjoyed reading the story. I will say if you are looking for an Alpha man Carter is not it. Eve actions annoyed me a little but I understand her behavior as the story developed.
Amanda
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good book

A lot.of pain caused by someone too selfish to realize that power is really having people that love you and will remain in your corner after all else fails. They stand there waiting for you to just say I'm sorry or have some remorse but Sharon could not even do that to gain the world.
Tonii Tonii
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This was a great read. Started it last night after reading another book and finish it just now. I can’t believe Sharon, smh. Sad thing there are actually some people like that in the world. Use power to get to everyone. I loved the end. Definitely got to check out some of the author other books.
C
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Good

The book was good for revenge book. I didn’t really feel the romance between Carter and Eve, even the best friend part I didn’t feel. The romance wasn’t there. All the problems that happened in the could have been solve if Eve, communicate with her and her parents. I did enjoy the book.
AmiNickris
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finally

I have been reading some pretty terrible books lately. Thank God I stumbled across this one. This a good book.good pacing, good plot good character dev. There were a few grammar issues but I'm not even gonna trip cause I enjoyed the book so much. Read this book.you will be glad you did.
Barnese Jourdain
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a roller coaster!

This was amazingly written and I loved every part of it! I loved Eve, the author displayed her vulnerability as well as her strength. Another lesson from the book is that abusers don’t abuse everyone and that narcissistic people are unable to accept that they’re wrong.
Jacquela Garrison
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Exciting Storyline That's Intoxicating

This author wrote about something that I found not so uncommon. I could not put it down because it created a connection with a similar real life story in my past. I got caught up immediately and journeyed back in the past. Glad these characters had a happy ending which is why I loved it.. Great writing!
Kaygee
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
It Was A Little Difficult

Eve and Carter and their dynamic wasn't the focus of this book which is why I said it was difficult. I guess all romance novels have some angst, but this whole story was about an EVIL WITCH. I think the epilogue should have been longer with only Eve, Carter, and Jackson.
Latasha No Drama Burton
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love it!!!!

First, I want to say this is my first time reading a novel from this author and now I am a superfan!! I loved everything about this story! Carter is sweethearts, but his mother is crazy as hell! Lastly, Eve’s revenge gave my life!! I absolutely loved this novel and looking forward to reading more novels by Ms. Linda Verji.
Shalonda Jones
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Color me surprised

Not what I was expecting at all. I wasn’t going to read this book thinking it was a bitter woman’s story. But oh no, I was so wrong. Eve handled herself and the situations like a BOSS. I wish she would have shared with Carter what was going on, but, I understand why she didn’t. Enjoyed.
Butterbean
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: wmbw, dnf
I couldn't suspend reality enough to believe that Eve couldn't be bothered to tell her parents about Sharon and that Carter, as an investigative journalist, didn't know that his mother is a sociopath. I skimmed my way through some of the book. The drama was okay, the cover model is gorgeous and the car accident scene was well written. ...more
Erika
Dec 21, 2019 rated it liked it
So so

I couldn’t see the romance in the book. Basically, Eva used Carter for years and at the didn’t even fight for him. I couldn’t understand the secrecy in the context of the romance and the love.

• Back To You
  • No Coincidence
  • Crayson
  • His Obsession
  • Brodrick: A Dark Romance with the Notorious Scot! (The Campbell Brothers, #1)
  • Unrequited (Surrender #2)
  • Her Russian Defender (International Legacies Romance #5)
  • An Alpha's Trust
  • Roots of the Wicked
  • The Luxembourg Betrayal (International Legacies Romance #6)
  • Beautiful Chaos (The Chaos, #1)
  • James (Across the Aisle #3)
  • Redemption
  • The Gatekeeper (Myths, Legends, and Monsters #1)
  • Her Lost Daughter
  • Broken (Surrender Book 1)
  • The Bravest Hero (Curvy Girls Club #2)
  • Hawk (The Church #1)
Books. Books. Books.
I love looking at them, smelling them, reading them, carrying them, writing them.

I have an addiction. Someone help me.

I'll read anything from historical romance to fast action thrillers, gritty urban to fantasy.

But when it comes to writing I'm more of a romance girl. Always expect a cocktail of strong heroines, the men who love them, some r-rated fun, relationship troubles and

News & Interviews