Start by marking “Eve's Wrath” as Want to Read:
Eve's Wrath

Eve's Wrath

Five years ago, Eve Linyard was forced to marry Carter Welling.

It destroyed her and ruined their friendship. It filled her with so much hatred that revenge was all she could taste. It was all she could feel. It was all she could breathe. And now, she’s finally ready to put her plan into motion.

But her plan has one fatal flaw.

She’s fallen in love with her husband.
Published December 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Eve's Wrath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eve's Wrath

Start your review of Eve's Wrath
Rosie J.
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense
3.5 Stars

This is a revenge story which I confess is a favorite trope of mine. The targeted individual was a surprise but got what they deserved. I had questions because some elements of the story didn't work for me and I needed an explanation. This story feels unfinished and I need another book in order to feel that this story is truly ... wrapped up. Read It!
Devlyn
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whew

Eves wrath was no joke. Sharon was one crazy chick. Poor carter being so naive. Secrets and blackmail made had me shook.
Nancy  L Thompson
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just.....wow!!!

I loved the whole concept of this book. The characters, plot and everything. Loved the twists and turns. It wasn't a formula story....thank u!!!
Travis Peak
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book

There were a lot of twists and turns. The book moved at a good pace and I found it hard to put down. Eve was great. She was so smart and strong. The author did a really good job of making what could be a very hard story to swallow seem plausible. Only a couple things kept this book from being 5 stars for me. The first was Carter. While he was a good guy and clearly loved Eve, he was probably the most clueless character I've ever read. To be fair, he had to be in order
Tiffany Lee
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jesus i read this in one night cause I just couldn't put it down

This boon was amazing in felt so.bad for eve cause sharon was lower then dog poo I swear, and even though I hate Sharon's crazy psycho heartless self, I just could not hate Carter no matter how blind he was, he was an amazing man he just was born with the wrong mama, I so badly wanted eve to tell.hernparents or at least her dad but in the end I get why she didn't, so many secrets and etc, I loved the ending I was just wishing for
Cammyjoe
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even & Carter's story!!

Wow, that book is so engaging, it was hard for me to I it it down.
I love Carter , he is a standing up guy, loyal to booth. He loves with his ALL. Most men would move on, instead he waited patiently and faithfully,. And his wako of a mother,I can't believe he did his best to be there for her,...Dayyyyuuuumm!! I would say bye "Felicia", and maybe she would learn a thing or two. Eve, that girl is one patient woman,so patient that she let Sharon, the devil that she was a
Crystal
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eve

Let me start by saying that this book wasn't anything like what I expected. Girl mad at husband and now seeking revenge kinda book. Instead, this book had the revenge carried out by a boss b down. Eve's character was well-written. You wanted to see what happened next because you were cheering for her. Carter's character had enough vulnerability and innocence that you felt bad that he had to know the truth. I don't want to give away anything. So, if you want a book that has revenge, love,
Angela
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good read

Eve had a plan to do her own thing but her best friend's mother had other motives.
The story was good but the drawn out secrets that held Eve to Sharon should have been cleared up earlier to me.
Sharon was a real piece of work that should have been put out of her misery.
Carter was the good guy but he was completely blind where his mother was concerned.
To much wasted time and angst. Silence is not always golden. Sometimes you need to cleanse your soul by speaking your truth.
Secrets,
Lorice DeBlanc-Brim
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this good read!

She's mother Toni was a better mother than Sharon despite of their parents friendship. I would have never thought a mother would go through great lengths to make her adult son happy. Even destroying their friendship in the process. Carter is so loyal even though his mother is a wacko. I found it hard to call him naive when it came to his mother character.
Anita Gibson
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of drama!!

This story was a crazy ride. Sharon's antics made her the mother-in-law from hell but Eve took her time proving she could stand toe to toe with her. Carter was a good guy who could see no wrong in his mom. It was a major shock when he learned the depth of her evil. I wanted to rate this higher but the typos and grammatical errors which are very uncharacteristic for Ms Verji were very distracting.
morganblake
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read! This was a sweet love story with a wicked twist. Have to admit that I enjoyed Eve's execution of her plan. I was so satisfying. Poor Carter...his mother was a MONSTER and he was clueless. You could actually feel his pain and disillusion. What a mess. What should you do when your spouse and mother hate each other? How do you reconcile that with a parent who has seemed to be your greatest supporter? Really good read - highly recommend it!
Tonii Tonii
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This was a great read. Started it last night after reading another book and finish it just now. I can’t believe Sharon, smh. Sad thing there are actually some people like that in the world. Use power to get to everyone. I loved the end. Definitely got to check out some of the author other books.
AmiNickris
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finally

I have been reading some pretty terrible books lately. Thank God I stumbled across this one. This a good book.good pacing, good plot good character dev. There were a few grammar issues but I'm not even gonna trip cause I enjoyed the book so much. Read this book.you will be glad you did.
C
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Good

The book was good for revenge book. I didn’t really feel the romance between Carter and Eve, even the best friend part I didn’t feel. The romance wasn’t there. All the problems that happened in the could have been solve if Eve, communicate with her and her parents. I did enjoy the book.
Amanda
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good book

A lot.of pain caused by someone too selfish to realize that power is really having people that love you and will remain in your corner after all else fails. They stand there waiting for you to just say I'm sorry or have some remorse but Sharon could not even do that to gain the world.
Shonda
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid Storyline

The relationship builds up and I enjoyed the storyline. The characters where really developed and I enjoyed reading the story. I will say if you are looking for an Alpha man Carter is not it. Eve actions annoyed me a little but I understand her behavior as the story developed.
Tkat64
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story

I loved the story of Eve and Carter. The story was well written, suspenseful and a great read of best friends to soul mates. And Eve was a bad ass when she needed to be!!
Sada
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

This story held my undivided attention until the very last word. Eve was a very smart lady. Carter was amazing and very patient. Jackson was so adorable. Mark was a terrific father. Toni was? Sharon was a human without a soul. Definitely a must read.
Crystal Moody
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good Read

I liked this book. It is a little different from the usual Linda Verji books because the focus isn't really that romantic but still enjoyable. I was consumed by the story.
N0iR
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: interracial-bw
This story ended kind of quickly in the pleasurable moments. Hence I guess that's why it was called Eve's wrath. It seemed rushed through at the end. I think Eve deserved to have her happy ending story be told after she put up with so much crap.
Erika
Dec 21, 2019 rated it liked it
So so

I couldn’t see the romance in the book. Basically, Eva used Carter for years and at the didn’t even fight for him. I couldn’t understand the secrecy in the context of the romance and the love.
Michele F.
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well done

Suspenseful. This book was well done. The storyline covered a childhood friendship corrupted by outside influence, blackmail, betrayal, Iove and loss. Nice epilogue
Pepperzeppelin
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hook, Line and Inhaled

I think I read this book in like two days.... it was so good. I was rooting for an adoption in my happy ending.
Julia
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fighting their attraction

There's a lot going on in the lives of Eve and Carter. This is one of the best books about revenge I've read in a long time!Glad that
Kendra
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good

This was a good read, a page turner for me. I enjoyed myself and the storyline. The end wasn't expected and that's a good tging.
ZENIA M smack Thattush
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not quite enough

I would give this book a 3.5 star rating. Good story line. Great characters enjoyed the twists and turns. Ending was just too contrived.
Sandi Lee-Williams
Sharon
Jan 12, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Crayson
  • Redemption (AmBw Romantic Suspense)
  • Roots of the Wicked
  • Her Lost Daughter
  • Wicked Prince Charmings
  • The Gatekeeper: A Myths, Legends, and Monsters Paranormal Romance
  • Jacob's Song
  • Deadly Love (In Too Deep #2)
  • The Bravest Hero (Curvy Girls Club #2)
  • The Nordic Lightning
  • Nobody
  • The Irish Don's First Christmas
Books. Books. Books.
I love looking at them, smelling them, reading them, carrying them, writing them.

I have an addiction. Someone help me.

I'll read anything from historical romance to fast action thrillers, gritty urban to fantasy.

But when it comes to writing I'm more of a romance girl. Always expect a cocktail of strong heroines, the men who love them, some r-rated fun, relationship troubles and