Start by marking “Anyone But Her” as Want to Read:
Anyone But Her

Anyone But Her

Reagan Cooper has been an out and proud lesbian since high school, but can't say no when her gay best friend, Jamie Miller, asks her to pretend to be his girlfriend for his family reunion. Jamie has been there for her through everything. Plus, she's interested in learning more about the family he never speaks of.
Living in California for eight years, Charlie Miller has been
Published August 21st 2019 by self-published

To ask other readers questions about Anyone But Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anyone But Her

Start your review of Anyone But Her
Alexis
Lots of potential, poor execution.

This book had some good things going for it in the beginning. The scenario of two siblings who don't know the other is gay had great comedic potential but wasn't exploited unfortunately. There were a few chuckle worthy moments between Jamie and Reagan but I was hoping to see more of the funny banter Kinsley and Grace had in Sunsets and Shades.

The thing about this book that didn't quite fit is that it reads like a YA/NA novel. That would be fine if the main
Bethany
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This may be my first read of a fauxmance between a male and a female! Strange as that sounds, it totally worked.

Jamie (don't be confused by the name, Jamie's a closeted gay guy) is totally not out to his uber-conservative family. He's going home on an extended trip for the summer holiday, and talks his lesbian best friend and roommate, Reagan, into going with him as his very fake long-term girlfriend. The problem is that Reagan finds herself completely lusting over Jamie's fraternal twin
Silvia
This was good! I immediately started it when I found out about it because of the trope excellence: fake dating between a lesbian girl and her gay BFF, and she falls in love with his twin sister.

I really liked it and it read really smooth and quick, although the premise was that of a bigoted family it wasn't too heavy on that, except on the last part. Speaking of which, I wish a few things had been handled a bit differently, but all in all I'm satisfied.

TW: accidental outing, general bigotry and
Loek Krancher
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it!

They just have to keep playing the game and only for a few weeks. It shouldn't be that hard! Will Reagan be able to handle this? Falling for her was not part of the deal. The teasing touches, the sideway glances, the blushing and the banter, it made it all difficult to hold on to their lie. I Love how Reagan and Jamie had such a tight-knit bond and always had each others back. I love the family craziness, the humor, the unpredictable circumstances and the complicated
Corporate Slave
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh this is such a cute book :) the storyline is also very interesting because it’s a different kind of fauxmance but I thought the author pulled it off quite well !
The dialogue between the MCs was my favorite part! It was just fun reading this book very entertaining and the characters were all very likable :)

My rating is a 3.5 rounded up to 4.

So yeah if you want a fluffy and very entertaining read, this is your book :)
Kelly
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars, I've read 2 other books by this author & wasn't really a fan. I read the blurb & decided to give her another try. This was a cute faux romance book. Jamie was a star quarterback type who hasn't come out to his conservative parents. He casually mentions his lesbian roommate Reagan is his girlfriend. His parents really want to meet her, he brings her home to the family reunion. His twin sister Charlie is just back having graduated college/med school. Neither sibling hasn't ...more
F.
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Closeted Jamie asks his best friend - very our lesbian - Reagan to accompany him as his fake girlfriend to his conservative family reunion. As soon as Reagan and Jamie’s straight *cough twin sister Charlie set eyes on each other lust is in the air.
This is a really fluffy puffy tale of ogling, lusting, comical farce, sex and love and dramatic coming outs.
Free on KU and a quick and entertaining read that is fun and sweet.
Anna Banana
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-f, lgbt-reads

Cute but not nearly as good or captivating as "Sunsets and Shades". I do like the premise of the story and how original it was but I got bored a lot which really sucked.
Margaret
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Detailed score: 3.5 rounded up

Sweet. Fluffy. Predictable. But sometimes you need that, yanno?

If you have KU and feel like a feel good read you could do much worse.
Kexx
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A little angst-ridden, but the story carried me all the way through, could get all pretencious, but, nah, have to say I loved it.
PS: WOT!! Just looked Erica Lee & there is a sequal!! No one told me that....!
Yoly
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Different and fun :)
Karen
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This one is about a fake relationship between Reagan and her best male friend and roommate Jamie. He asks her to go to his home town for a month to attend his family reunion. He is not out to his family because they are very conservative and homophobic.

So I don’t want to give away anymore about the storyline. Just know this was a good read. I felt the writing was a little choppy. Despite that, I am glad I read this one. The chemistry between the two MCs was instant. The sex was good too. I am
Manon
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It took me less than a day to finish it and I gotta say I loved it way too much
The chemistry in this story is just insane, it is written as a way that feels natural and not rushed at all.
I believe this is my first book from this author and I'll keep an eye out when her next book will be available.
Shout out to Nana, way to go and to the author for making me love Reagan, Charlie and Jamie so much
well if you hadn't guessed I highly recommend it
Barbro-Katrin
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
It’s cute and it’s short. But sadly that makes a lack depth and build. Would have loved a more slow build up, more UST, more angst and Miller family drama.
But it’s a quick and easy read.
Best Lesfic Reviews
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the complete romcom package – with a great cover. It has a fake relationship (but not between the MCs), super-religious parents, closeted kids, huge family, madness in the denouement and a happy ending. Nice!

Read the full review @ https://www.bestlesficreviews.com/201...
Kimberly
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it!

As I began reading this book I was already dreading the end. The storyline is unique and multi-faceted, the characters are relatable, and the writing is awesome.
I love a book that has several different storylines going on at that same time. Erica does a great job at highlighting each one while still engaging in the others. There are essentially three stories that play out in this book. One impacting the others. One is about Reagan and her best friend. A decision to accompany
M A
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one as much as Sunsets and Shades. It’s sweet, very sexy and warm! It’s got a lot of chemistry between the two best friends and then between the main couple. Jamie is going to a family reunion and persuades Reagan (his BFF) to go with him to pretend to be his GF so he can hide his sexuality. It’s a good plan until Reagan meets Charlie, his gorgeous twin!! It’s definitely worth a read. And it’s even got a cute Nana cameo :)
Rena
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesfic, kindle
I loved the chemistry between Reagan and Charlie. I'm deducting a star only because the sex scenes were good, just not the magical moment I thought they would be after all the preceding tension and build-up. Would definitely read another book by Erica Lee.
XR
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was good and I liked the unexpected 'happy' ending, considering. Families are so weird to one another sometimes... why's it so easy to hurt the ones most closest to you?
Kiki Z
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
--Too short for any real character development which means everything feels very insta-lovey and overwrought (like crying after your breakup when you've known each other two fucking weeks).

--Jamie's entire character makes no sense. I get being terrified of coming out to your family and being rejected, but both Jamie and his sister are adults who are in no way, shape, or form dependent on their parents for anything. Not only do their attitudes kind of scream immature at all times, they make it
Michele Rivera
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm a really slow reader but I flew through this book. I typically only have the opportunity to read at night and felt myself looking forward to my designated reading time throughout this book.

The story is fun and sexy. The characters are likable...especially Charlie (imo). The chemistry was well-developed and you will find yourself rooting for the main characters.

The author does a good job addressing how difficult it can be to come out because she stays real about it, but also incorporates
Heather Martin
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read from this author and I loved it! The characters were likable and relatable. The story flowed well and I loved the relationship buildup. I’ll definitely be checking out more books!

The narrator did a great job bringing this story and characters to life.
Lorraine Rusnack
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know you may say it doesn’t happen but I think it does and this story tells me I’m right. You also need to to true to yourself if you ever want to be happy. Great main characters. Erica wrote a great story and Stephanie was outstanding reading it. Charlie and Reagen also has a Christmas story that I plan to read
Lisa R. Smith
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read. A lesbian and her best friend of many yours, a gay man, find themselves pretending to be a couple at the man’s family reunion. The lesbian meets his twin, that she didn’t even know he had, and her life changes. Enjoy it!
amanda
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
”It was stupid. She’s your sister. I’m not sure what I was thinking. I wasn’t using my head.”
Jamie tilted his head against mine. “No. You were following your heart.

This was super cute! I loved the twist on the fake dating trope and definitely haven’t read anything like that before. Some parts in the second half did seem to drag on a little while others were rushed and the super homophobic parents/family on top of Jamie’s reaction to Charlie was a little too much. I wish there was more
Jess Heyle
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful, heartwarming story with enough humour and heat to keep it interesting! The characters were likeable and relatable. The story had a good pace and interesting side characters and interactions. Nana is the best! I knew from the start I’d enjoy the book as the writing style is one I could click with immediately but the story itself drew me in regardless. Would definitely recommend for any wlw romance readers!
Claire (Book Blog Bird)
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia
The middle 80% of this book was really good, but the beginning was super rushed and the ending just fell flat and felt a bit weird, TBH. However, the middle bit gave a really good narrative of why people stay in the closet, the crushing weight of parental expectations all wrapped up in a bunch of good, old-fashioned homophobia. Worth reading if you can set aside the weak beginning and ending.
C. Mack
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anyone but her

A lovely, sweet and easy read that is a quirky twist on the 'fake' relationship theme, hinting on the difficulties of coming out without getting too embroiled in it all.
Tiffani Craft
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A heart clinching surprise

This book made my heart flutter from the start. It's got plenty of twist and turns with a bit of comedy.
Angela
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesfic, f-f
4 stars

When Reagan Cooper agrees to be her best friend's pretend girlfriend in front of his homophobic parents, she was not expecting her sudden attraction to his twin sister. His straight, totally off limits, gorgeous twin sister. But Charlie Miller may not be as straight as she seems, and soon she has to decide whether Reagan is worth coming out of the closet for.

This was a pretty short book, which meant that it never felt like it dragged. I was engaged with the story the whole way through. On
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Forever Yours
  • Girls Who Pray
  • Holly and Ivy: A Lesbian Holiday Romance
  • Technically Faking
  • Blind Faith (Duckton-by-Dale Romance, #2)
  • Freeing Her (Irresistibly Bound #4)
  • Lost at Sea