Start by marking “Bowie: Stardust, Rayguns & Moonage Daydreams” as Want to Read:
Bowie: Stardust, Rayguns & Moonage Daydreams

Bowie: Stardust, Rayguns & Moonage Daydreams

Inspired by the one and only superhero, extraterrestrial, and rock and roll deity in history, Bowie: Stardust, Rayguns, & Moonage Daydreams is the original graphic memoir of the great Ziggy Stardust!

In life, David Bowie was one of the most magnetic icons of modern pop culture, seducing generations of fans with both his music and his counterculture persona. In death,
Published January 7th 2020 by Insight Comics

To ask other readers questions about Bowie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bowie

Start your review of Bowie: Stardust, Rayguns & Moonage Daydreams
Noah King
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I really wish this site would let you do half star ratings, because I feel like a 2.5 would be more appropriate for how I feel about this book. I don’t love it, I don’t hate it, it’s square in the middle. The reason I’m leaning more towards liking it is the art, you can tell this is a clear passion project for Mike Allred and co. His love for the music and iconography of Bowie is super evident on each page and it’s all lovingly rendered. The afterward gives some more insight into his Bowie ...more
Andy Burns
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I grew up on rock and roll and comic books.

It sounds like a lyric, right? Maybe it is because my experience certainly wasn’t a solo one. Often times, those loves would intersect, like with Rock and Roll Comics, published by Revolutionary Comics in the early 1990s. The black and white books were totally unauthorised histories of some of the most prominent artists in music – the Rolling Stones and ACDC, the Grateful Dead and Bon Jovi; The Beatles and Pink
tony dillard jr
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Goodreads list this book as being by Steve Horton, but Bowie: Stardust, Rayguns and Moonage Daydreams is ultimately Michael Allred's baby!

Having read Michael Allred's Red Rocket 7, about an extraterrestrial rock God come to save the earth, I already had the notion that Michael Allred was destined to be David Bowie's visual biographer. It was just a matter of time when he would fulfill it. That when was revealed recently in the amazing graphic novel Bowie: Stardust, Rayguns and Moonage Daydreams.
Catherine Siemann
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A visual treasure -- the friend who gave me this as a present isn't even a Bowie fan, and she had to read it before giving it to me -- absolutely stunning artwork. Covers Bowie's career from its inception to the end of the Ziggy Stardust era. I only hope there will be more -- the final pages give a quick flashforward through the rest of his career and I'd love to see that in this format as well.
Amanda K
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Awesome! Hits all the right notes for a whirlwind tour of Ziggy while working in some cool anecdotes and hints of the rest of Bowie's varied life and music. If you don't have a mental soundtrack while reading this then you need to put on an album! The art is beautiful and encapsulates the zany imagery that got me into Bowie's music!
Christian Lipski
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A love letter to glam rock and its brightest luminary. Allred's art is the perfect medium to tell the story of Ziggy Stardust. Brilliantly researched and written by Steve Horton, and colored to a gem like sheen by Laura Allred. To be read at maximum volume.
Trevor
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Michael and Laura Allred are my favorite art team in the comic book world. David Bowie is my all time favorite musical artist. The only way this could be more made for me is if David Lynch directed a movie version.
Cidnya
4.5/5 stars
Official Review I wrote for butwhythopodcast.com linked https://butwhythopodcast.com/2020/01/...
Susan
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I picked this up to look at the art and ended up devouring the whole thing. Beautifully done.
Lindsey Elizabeth
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great art and a fun read. Don't leave us hanging Mike Allred, we need a sequel about his Berlin years!
Kim Pallister
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Artwork is beautiful. The storytelling was a little too weighted to dates and other factoids. Would have liked more info on what was going on at personal level.
Tim
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Any fan of Bowie should not miss this
Alain Gutierrez
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
While the writing leaves a little to be desired the art is amazing and more then makes up for it. A must have for any comic book and/or Bowie lover
Jaclyn Hillis
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-comix
Allred’s art really captures Bowie so well! So vibrant and beautiful! ...more
Sverre Amundsen
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, awe-inspiring, beautiful. If you are a Bowie fan, you owe it to yourself to read this.
Monica
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
That was a a read fun and gorgeous book. It’s a fabulous tribute to Bowie.
Donna
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Beautiful artwork. This is a real gem for any diehard Bowie fan.
Brett Wean
Mary Spears
Jan 12, 2020

• Spider-Man: Life Story
  • Black Hammer, Vol. 4: Age of Doom Part Two
  • Stranger Things: Six (Graphic Novel)
  • Black Canary: Ignite