Start by marking “Famine (The Four Horsemen, #3)” as Want to Read:
Famine (The Four Horsemen, #3)

Famine

(The Four Horsemen #3)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  9,918 ratings  ·  1,409 reviews
They came to earth--Pestilence, War, Famine, Death--four horsemen riding their screaming steeds, racing to the corners of the world. Four horsemen with the power to destroy all of humanity. They came to earth, and they came to end us all.

Ana da Silva always assumed she’d die young, she just never expected it to be at the hands of Famine, the haunting immortal who once spar
Published October 1st 2020 by Lavabrook Publishing, LLC

·  9,918 ratings  ·  1,409 reviews

Start your review of Famine (The Four Horsemen, #3)
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
The slow burn here was sooo good!!

I kind of forgot how awful these Horsemen are in the beginning, even though they are literally the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Famine might be the worst one of them yet, but that made the payoff for him falling in love that much better. The heroine here is a prostitute and feisty enough to stand up to Famine. I really enjoyed their dynamic and banter.

I love this fantasy romance series, despite our terrible (anti)heroes, and this book has only made me that m
Villains Do It Better
5 Stars!!

I'M DEAD. That ending?! I'm honestly speechless. That ending was honestly the best ending in the whole series, nay, one of the best endings I have EVER read🙌. It was EPIC. Death's book? It's gonna be BEYOND EPIC. I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to wait for the last book in the series, and with what Laura teased us with in the LAST SENTENCE? I know everybody is gonna be freaking out like how I am right now when they read it, because it's exactly what we all want, and I am SO ready to
Sabrina
Jul 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
I just finish War and I can't wait to have this in my hands!
Famine is coming!!
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Famine was such a treat!

The following ratings are out of 5:
Romance: ❤️💙💜💚
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📕📗📘📙📔
World building: 🌎🌍🌏🌎🌎
Character development: 👤👤👤👤👤

The setting: Brazil, 25 years after the first horseman arrived. Cities are falling to ruin and modern technology is gone.

The Hero: Famine (Reaper) – he spreads death and destruction. The name Famine doesn’t always fit even though he has power over growing things. He kills crops and vegetation wherever he goes. Though the people don’t starve,
Maca
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
The MC is a prostitute and Femine is an alcoholic? Really? Wow, what a couple! (No offense.)
And here I thought that War was a bad book.
I guess it looks like I dislike a lot of popular books but I swear it’s not on purpose.
Sooo yeah, I am going to rant about this too.
I really wanted to like it and I thought that it would be better than War but after reading this I am sure it is worse.
1. It seems to me like the MC in every book is very similar and not in a good way.
It always starts as the MC hate
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
2.5 Stars

How do you spell Famine?

B-O-R-I-N-G

I know, no one is more devastated than me. 😭 What is wrong with ME? Cause it’s gotta be me and not the book. Not when everything is basically the same ritual as the first two. The first two that I enjoyed and liked just fine.

I mean, look at my rating! It’s not even the 3.0 kind of 2.5. It’s downright just 2.0. Meaning, the book was so much a S L O G that I needed a month to finish it and even with the banter and the ending, I still ended up roundin
Jilly
I like Famine better than War. Who knew? This girl who likes her chocolate and life of ease and comfort fell for Famine. But, I guess it does make sense on the other hand because he's a complete psycho who kills all the people! So, I mean, I do have a type after all.

It depends. Is it working?

The framework in this book is the same as the other two: The horseman shows up, kill-kill-kill, meets the girl, lusty thoughts, wham-bam-saving man. Kind, that is. And, really, whatever tricks these girls mu
Saswati
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
4.2 “little flower” stars 🌟

“I’ve never felt so alive before, Ana,” he admits. “It’s wonderfully messy. I think I might like being human after all.”

If you've followed the Horsemen series, you know what to expect here. Horseman awakens ➡️meets girl ➡️ girl hates him ➡️ circumstances pit them together. However, even though Famine kind of followed the same formula, it was really unique.

Famine is definitely the most selfish horseman yet, but he's also my second favourite! Go figure. He may be an anti
Parvati Patil
Jul 19, 2019 is currently reading it
Update 11/2/2020
To my dear QT's. Due to a situation that wasn't on my control, I couldn't be around to coordinate our reading efforts, and I apologize for that. I haven't been able to read for weeks and that won't change soon. I apologize for that.
The whole point of having a BR was to provide you an easy way to fangirl with other readers and unfortunately as I'm reading Sweety's updates that didn't happen because I couldn't aggregate your reviews on time.
I hope you had fun reading Famine, and I'
Penny Reid
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review:
Famine is a super bad guy. If you thought War and Pestilence were bad, they're cuddly in comparison. And Ana as Famine's foil totally made sense. She's a strong female character, as is typical for a Laura Thalassa book, but she's also got a soft heart. She has the softest, cinnamon roll heart of all, and I don't think Famine would've been swayed to look beyond his revenge and disdain of the human race if she hadn't been quite so soft. I enjoyed her inner strength that came from her compas
Corina
Sep 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I'm excited!! Counting down the days.....

Who else is going to devour it as soon as its being released?

The wait is over, and as always the author doesn't pull any punches.....

___________________________________

So, what can I say except that I read the book as soon as it arrived on my kindle AND loved parts of it, but also felt that the storyline has become kinda repetitive.

All four horseman react and behave pretty much the same way. They hate the humans at first, they kill without a second though
Beatrice Masaluñga
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Among The Four Horsemen series, Famine has by far the darkest story. He unleashes havoc by controlling the nature. Destroying the crops in every city he passed by, leaving the humans starve or kill them instantly with his plants. It's morbid and gruesome unlike the deaths in the previous books. He despises humans for what he did to him except for one.

Ana da Silva's life changed when she saved Famine and he owes his life to her. She had a difficult life for being abused and fought to survive lif
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Untitled design-High-Quality
My Review

This was a masterpiece, a beautifully crafted and epic love story filled with so much darkness, pain, desperation, love lightness, hope, humour every emotion your capable of experiencing is between the pages of this baby.
This story wraps you in its arms and takes you on an amazing journey.
It was fantastic from start to finish and I’m just blown away with how much I enjoyed myself here.

These horsemen just keep on getting more intense and the start of this story had my jaw dropping to the actual f
AℳYⒾ ♔♚♛Cofounder of Teens against YA books♛♚♔
GUUUUUUUYYYYYSSSS
Have you seen the French cover of Pestilence?

Pestilence (Les Quatre Cavaliers, #1) by Laura Thalassa

Parlez-vous francais?

Petition to Thalassa sensei. Please make this one the official PESTILENCE cover!!! so so beautiful!!!
and model WAR AND FAMININE COVERS to the same artistic style!!!!!

S'il vous plaît!!!!
*bows*

For those of you that don't know thousand of people bought Pestilence cuz cover looks like this

original cover

is that a beautiful cover or what?

*drools over cover*

Then it turned out that someone had stolen the art and I hope they gettin
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
***A 2020 TOP PICK***

5 STARS!!
"I cannot ignore the way you draw me in, again and again."
HO-LEE CRAP! I'd forgotten just how dark and heartless the horsemen could be, and then how satisfying it is when they come around.
"This land doesn't belong to humans. It never has, and it never will."
Just like in the previous installments of the series, be prepared for a harrowing journey full of violence, blood, gore . . . and impossible love.
The only thing human about him
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
LOVED IT!!

I think Famine might be my favorite horseman so far. He is ruthless, but he’s suffered horribly at the hands of men so he understandably hates humanity. That is until he meets Ana.

Ana and Famine are so great together. They understand each other at a deep level and I truly believe they are soulmates. Seeing them fall in love was so beautiful. Their chemistry and banter is off the charts too. I love them so much! Also loved the darkness and maturity in this book! So good!

The ending in
Corinne
Oct 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
A petition for Laura Thalassa:
Can we have a fight between horsemen? Death vs Famine, for instance?

Also, can we have more of Thanathos a.k.a Death, in general?
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4.5 "If he’s the universe, I feel like I’m entering it with this kiss." stars

🖤Follow me on Instagram for more edits🖤

UPDATE 2:the book is finally here and I've read it in one sitting
andddd, Now I am in a corner, trying to calm my heartbeats. LoL.

Phew! what a journey in lovely, or not so lovely post apocalyptic Brazil. I knew Famine will grab me by the proverbial nuts!! I was captivated from the start and had a tight hold on my tablet until the very end.

To say that this heroine- Ana- was a big f
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Welp, I did not like it. 2.5% rounded down.

I kid you not, this book is exactly how book one and two went, the only thing that was different were the names. You might be tempted to think this is an exaggeration, it is not.

This book was particularly bad because I didn't even like the heroine. She "tried" to be badass but she wasn't. Famine killed people over and over again but she just stayed there thinking about her life. There is a lot of killing, A LOT. War didn't even kill the amount of people
Just Josie

Are you ready for the Reaper?

————-///——————
“Why are you the way you are”?

Mean. Evil.

“Why are you the way you are? You fucking just stabbed me in my hand”.

“So you killed an entire room for it”?

“I was going to kill them anyway”.

Famine.
The third horseman.
Cruel. Ignorant. Angry.
Destined to destroy humankind for their sins.

Ana.
Provocative. Sassy. Stubborn.
After caring for Famine in her teens, she meets him years after and let’s just say- she gets MAD.

Oh boy, that girl had fire.
I do love them w
Phuong ✯
#1 Pestilence ↠ 4.25 stars
#2 War ↠ 2.5 stars
#3 Famine ↠ 3.75 stars
#4 Death ↠ tbr

Disclaimer: Quick review, cause I'm too lazy to write detailed reviews right now I've written half of the review when I finished this book weeks ago and wanted to write the rest sometimes later, but forgot about it and now I don't care enough to finish it 🤷🏽‍♀️ that's why here my half-written review 😌

I was both excited and hesitant to start Famine. Excited because of the glowing reviews for this book and how everyo
Gundega (Rouzmary)
Jul 16, 2019 marked it as to-be-released
Update December 2019:

Oooooh, we've got a blurb and a tiny snippet on Thalassa's website!
And a tentative hope this might be a spring release!

~*~ SOoooooOOOoooo, Famine had met the girl/woman when she was a child? Hmmmmm...was it when the Horsemen had just arrived? HmmmmmMmmmmmm...
~*~ Them being enemies to enemies/lovers was already a done deal, so that's as it should be.
~*~ But but but but BUT:"But whatever they are, if they don’t stop themselves soon, heaven will." Is this what I think it is
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
I'm STARVING 4 this BOOK!!!

Unlike Homer Simpson, I'm definitely NOT Famine resistent!

Give me Famine! And No One Gets Hurt!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If this book = the potato, I'd be the cat
Stacey is Sassy
…and here I thought killing trees wouldn’t be as bad

Famine took me a lot longer to read in the beginning because I could only take his evilness in small doses. I started this story thinking that there is no way Famine could be worse than Pestilence or War. I WAS SOOOOO WRONG! Turns out ‘The Reaper’ can do a lot worse than kill our major food source. Like his predecessors, Famine is on a mission to wipe out humans because of their foul deeds.

He did it with glee.

I guess that was one of the hardest
Alexandra G.
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This is why I love books. These characters do such awful, terrible things and I'm still rooting for them.

Moment of truth.

I did not love this book as much as the previous two. Mostly because of Ana. She was a strong, selfless character, but I can't say I liked her that much. I do think she was perfect for Famine. They completed each other. But also encouraged the best and worse in each other.

It kind of makes sense the Famine is the cruel one. He truly hated humans so seeing him care fo
Vicky
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That ending blew my mind
RTC

My green-eyed baby.
benevolent bastard
At times this was a 4 star read and others it was a 3.
I just felt it was repetitive? Same plot different characters. I’m bored of it. I must admit though, famine just might be a favorite of mine.

BUT THAT ENDING THOOOOO.
Birjis
TJ ☾
So I was not excited to pick this up. I'd decided after the last two books that I'm just not into the horseman thing. The idea is limiting, the books all follow the same formula, the pace is slow and there are no plots or worldbuilding. But I was so pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this one! Not the plot, pace, or worldbuilding bc those things are all still embarrassingly non-existent, but I enjoyed Famine and Ana much more than the other couples in this series and that made all the diffe ...more
Ane Vass
3.25 - 3.75 stars

We are back with another horsemen, y'all. Famine is killing people, and Ana is there to witness it all.

Famine was an interesting fellow, I admit. Bit petty, but interesting. He has many powers, and gladly uses them to eradicate human race. He spares Ana because she had saved him once, and makes a conscious choice not to hurt her. And from then on, their story ensues.

I really liked the intention of this book and its humor. However, there were some, dare I call it, illogical mom

• The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Cruel King (Royal Elite, #0)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men #1)
  • Darkest Before Dawn (Guardian's Diary, #1)
  • The Cruel Fae King (The Cursed Kingdoms #1)
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • The Fallen (Hades Castle Trilogy, #1)
  • 1.4 (Point 4, #2)
  • The Bro Code
  • Barbarian's Mate (Ice Planet Barbarians, #7)
  • The Undying King
  • The Dare
  • Death Before Dawn (Guardian's Diary, #2)
  • Barbarian's Prize (Ice Planet Barbarians, #6)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Vicious Prince (Royal Elite, #5)
Found in the forest when she was young, Laura Thalassa was raised by fairies, kidnapped by werewolves, and given over to vampires as repayment for a hundred year debt. She’s been brought back to life twice, and, with a single kiss, she woke her true love from eternal sleep. She now lives happily ever after with her undead prince in a castle in the woods.

… or something like that anyway.

When not wri

The Four Horsemen (4 books)
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
  • War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
  • Death (The Four Horsemen, #4)