Start by marking “Blood Branded (The Mix-Blood:Book One)” as Want to Read:
Blood Branded (The Mix-Blood:Book One)

Blood Branded (The Mix-Blood:Book One)

Defiance is paid in blood.

Their time is up. The crimsons are coming, marching on Hammerstone to crush the rebellious grays who renounce their rule. The graybacks have defied the ban that forbids trade or alliances with other races.

Frafnar understands intolerance better than most. Every season the grayback settlements send tribute to their oppressive orc cousins, and Hammer
Published October 1st 2019 by Breezy Pages Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Blood Branded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Branded

Start your review of Blood Branded (The Mix-Blood:Book One)
FTLOReading
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story starts out feeling a bit like you've jumped into the middle of a story right before the big climax. Not that it was a bad thing, but there's not a lot of lead up into said climax. You are given a brief introduction to Frafnar's back story. He's half human, half orc. (Orcs in this particular story are warriors but they are far more intelligent then most fantasies play them off.) Because of his half blood lineage, he's constantly looked down upon despite trying to prove his worth. He's ...more
Madison Loveday
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first book in The Mix-Blood book series by J.A. Alexsoo is titled Blood Branded. A thrilling young adult fantasy that will grab your attention and leave you wanting more. Blood Branded is a fast-paced well-written novella full of lively characters with intriguing backstories. *I received a complimentary copy from RABT Book Tours and the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.*
Truly Trendy PR
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blood Branded is the first book In The Mix-Blood book series by J.A. Alexsoo. A well-written fast-paced fantasy novella that will keep you on the edge of your seat. A young adult fantasy full of mystery and intrigue that will leave you wanting more. I look forward to reading the next book in The Mix-Blood series.*I received a complimentary copy from RABT Book Tours and the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.*
Veselina
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book.

I always lived stories about orcs. This is a very interesting story about half-orc, half-human with magical powers. He is not accepted by his peers and need to prove his place. His village is being attacked and he find himself in the center of the event.

I hope the next book will be out soon.Enjoy.
J.A. Alexsoo
Sep 18, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Paula Riccobono
Desiree
Oct 06, 2019
Cassandra Darensbourg
Oct 06, 2019

• The Devil and Dayna Dalton (Bulwark Anthology, #9)
  • Annabel Horton And The Black Witch of Pau (Book Two)
  • From Hell to Heaven: From Surviving the Killing Fields of Cambodia to the Beatitudes of Living in Gratitude
  • The Bone Ships (The Tide Child, #1)
  • The Chameleon with a Sword
  • Dark Justice
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2)
  • The Chimera Jar (The Aegis of Merlin #3)
  • The Impossible Wizard (The Aegis of Merlin #1)
  • Escape From the Dragon Czar (The Aegis of Merlin #5)
  • The Four Nations Tournament (The Aegis of Merlin #7)
  • Wrath of the Dragon Czar (The Aegis of Merlin #6)
  • The Raven's Shadow (The Aegis of Merlin #4)
  • The Awakening (The Aegis of Merlin #2)
  • Sand Dancer
  • Mageborn
  • Half-Blood (Darkblood Academy, #1)
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
Julie here!

I'll let you in on a little secret. I spend more time on Pinterest than I probably should. But the art is so inspiring and beautiful I get lost in it. I'd love you to join me if you like all thing fantasy & science fiction as I do!

My pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/jaalexsoo/

I also have my little corner of the interwebs. Sign up for email notifications for free content, giveaways,

News & Interviews