Start by marking “Make It Up To You” as Want to Read:
Make It Up To You

Make It Up To You

((Untitled series) #1)

What do mascara wands and gardening shears have in common?
Absolutely nothing! At least that’s what wannabe beauty influencer Sophie Timney thinks when her friend Polly suggests involving her brother Marcus in Sophie’s make-up tutorials. She needs more views, Marcus needs promotion for his gardening business – in Polly’s mind joining forces will help them both. Sophie isn’t
Published September 17th 2019 by Choc Lit

To ask other readers questions about Make It Up To You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make It Up To You

Start your review of Make It Up To You
Julie
Make It Up to You by Lucy Keeling is a 2019 Choc Lit publication.

A thoroughly modern romance!

Sophie takes her online make-up tutorials seriously. However, her viewer-ship numbers, hits and follows have hit a plateau. She needs to do something to freshen up her videos before her enterprise spirals downward.

When her friend, Pam, suggests she work with her brother, Marcus, to create a garden backdrop for her videos, Sophie is reluctant. But Marcus also needs a little exposure for his business, so
DJ Sakata
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quote:

‘He seemed really lovely. When we spoke online he was really polite, really attentive… When we met up he was in a smart outfit and really well put together… I hadn’t noticed the woman he came in with and didn’t notice her for ages as she was sat behind me. Anyway, long story short, it was his mother. It was also his mother I’d been chatting with online and she coached him through the entire date by signalling behind me… and I know all of this because afterwards she came up to me a
Whispering Stories
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

Sophie Timney is a Beauty Vlogger. She loves Vlogging and being an influencer but her follower numbers have stuck and she is worried that her videos are becoming boring. Without her numbers increasing she can’t get companies to sponsor her and grow her business. She is also fed up with having to use artificial light for her Vlog as her garden is a total mess, so she has to keep the curtains closed.

She lives in a shared house with her mysterious but rich
Dash fan
4☆ A Fresh, Fun and Witty Rom Com!

Make It Up To You is a Fun Romance, where Romance pops up where you least expect it!
This is the first part in a fresh new series!

Sophie is very passionate about beauty products, so much so she's set out to make a career out of becoming a Social media Beauty Influencer with the hope to have her own beauty brand etc...

But ratings and followings are becoming stale and she's fresh out of ideas.
When a disaster video gets uploaded by mistake, Sophie is devastated.

Her
Caitlyn Lynch
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Desperate to turn her fledgling social media makeup channel into a career, Sophie is fully prepared to work herself to the bone to make her dreams come true. She really doesn’t have time for a love life, but somehow, landscape gardener Marcus is managing to insinuate himself into her heart as well as onto her vlogs.

Sophie and Marcus are very believable as a couple, and Sophie has a wonderful group of supportive girlfriends in Mya, Paige and Polly. I know absolutely nothing about makeup or vloggi
Elaine
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a light-hearted romantic comedy which stars make up tutorial vlogger  Sophie Timney. She's looking for ways to increase her number of followers and views and one of her best friends, Polly, suggest involving her brother, Marcus. Polly sees it as a great way to help Sophie and also a way to help promote her brother's gardening business, the only problem is how they seem to irritate each other so will they be able to work together?

This is an enemies to friends to lovers and sibling's frien
Karen Mace
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! This was one sizzling read and I'm still a little hot under the collar after the chemistry between Sophie and Marcus!! Where do I go to find a gardener like Marcus!!?Serious book boyfriend crush!!

Sophie and Marcus have known each other for years. Marcus' sister Polly is her friend and he's always seen Sophie as high maintenance! With a blossoming career on YouTube as a make- up vlogger, she is totally focussed on raising her profile and reaping the rewards. You just wish sometimes she'd st
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
It’s not often I’m at a loss for words, but miracle of miracles, this is one of those rare occasions *snorts*.

You know how they say never judge a book by its cover? Well, I present Exhibit A *points at MIUTY book cover* as evidence for the defence. Coz this story took me on a ride I did not see coming. Who knew such steamy deliciousness lay within? *shrugs* I was quite overcome *wafts face* – just W-O-W!

Beauty blogger, Sophie, is a girl with BIG ambitions. Trying to crack the beauty influencer
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

In the mood for a Romantic Comedy that will not only tickle your funny bone but give you all the romantic swoons that you could ever ask for? Then look no further than Lucy Keeling’s new release, MAKE IT UP TO YOU.

Marcus and Sophie may have far different reasons for pairing up to work on Sophie’s make-up tutorials but they (and Sophie’s viewers) certainly are enjoying the connections that it’s obvious they make together. Now getting Sophie and Marcus together in a rom
B.R. Maycock
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ll admit I jumped for this book on the basis of the cover, and boy I’m glad I did!!

We begin meeting Sophie and a group of friends, her friends laughing, her freaking out and I’ll admit it now, I sputtered at what had happened and KNEW the comedy was going to be right up my street!!

I loved reading about Sophie and her work, and did feel for her as she agonised over how to grow her followers. Cue possibly my only road bump in this book-the premise. I spent around ten percent of the book saying ‘
Melanie Farmer
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
So the premise of this novel had me intrigued; how on earth can a make-up blogger and a gardener work together?! The idea of two such different personalities and career paths crossing in a mutually beneficial way seemed more than a little hard to believe but I was more than willing to give it a try. Thankfully, Lucy Keeling seems to know what she is doing!

Make It Up To You is obviously a light-hearted rom-com, but it was nice to see such a strong, ambitious female lead character. Sophie Timney i
Susanne Baker
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such an entertaining romcom book!
Loved the modern feel with the blogging concept, and the fabulous characters too.
Great chemistry between Sophie and Marcus, he certainly sounds the perfect gardener! Loved the build up between them.
I’m so intrigued to know what Mya’s job is! I hope she features in a future book by this author!
Overall it’s an impressive first novel, and I for one will definitely be looking out for more from this talented author.
Josie Bonham
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was looking for a light hearted read and this book certainly lived up to that billing. It's a well written, funny, romance with lots of sexual tension. The premise is clever and the characters endearing.
Lyndsey Gallagher
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A deliciously romantic laugh out loud story complete with the perfect HEA. The banter between Sophie & her friends is hilarious and Marcus is the perfect book boyfriend. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series. ...more
Bettina Hunt
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Modern, fun and sexy. What's not to like?
Lucy Keeling should give masterclasses in how to write sex scenes, because she does it brilliantly.
Alana
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, a-storytel
A make-up artist and a gardener.
Lucy M
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So cool, so modern and love the Manchester ‘sex in the city’ vibe!
The love story was fresh and sexy. Thoroughly enjoyed it and looking forward to the rest in the series!
Samantha E.
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lucy Keeling

Absolutely brilliant. Some of the scenes .... woah ... they were hot!

So here we have Sophie a you-tube / Facebook live make-up video guru.

It is her passion. She literally puts her life and soul into her work. We join her and her friends on a very cleverly written journey - full of ups and downs and highs and lows as well as lots of laughter and tears (oh and lots of tea and biscuits too!!).

Sophie finds her ratings are a bit stagnant. She asks her friends for ideas as to how she cou
Emma Barnes
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now we talk about books being easy to read and this one certainly fits the profile. From the minute I started reading I was hooked wanting to know more and read it all. I mean what do you expect when you put a wanna be You Tuber, a Hot Gardner and a whole lot of Chemistry together. It's clear from the moment that Marcus and Sophie appear there is more to them then meets the eye.
The book is relatable and the perfect read for your evenings. I soon got sucked into the story and wanting to know wha
Carol Thomas
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a thoroughly modern rom-com with likeable characters. I especially liked the rather gorgeous, male lead, Marcus. I enjoyed spending time with the group of friends and finding out a little more about each of them (though not all is given away, as it is to come in future books). The central love story is sweet, believable and left me with a big smile.

Overall, it is a funny, warm and cosy read with tea and biscuits thrown in, what's not to like?
Lauren
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novel, I liked the writing style it was easy to read and kept me interested. Being about social media/vlogging I didn’t think I would find it interesting as I normally find reading about that can be cringey however I enjoyed it in this novel. Sophie, I didn’t relate to much, but I did not dislike her, she just wanted to focus on her work and thought the only way to do that was to be single and have no distractions which is understandable.

Near the beginning Polly and Bailey
Sharon
The storyline focusses on make-up artist, Sophie Timney. She’s keen to up her viewing figures on her online make-up tutorials. Her friend suggests using her gardener brother, Marcus to provide a backdrop for her videos, but Marcus has other ideas in promoting his business as well. When it appears that Marcus is attracting more likes than Sophie’s videos, Sophie is not best pleased….

This was a fun, modern and thoroughly entertaining read from a new author for me! The cover is bright and vibrant a
Grace J Reviewerlady
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can easily understand why this did so well in a competition; it's a bright, sparkly read with lots going for it from a fresh voice in fiction.

Sophie is desperate to make a name for herself as a social influencer, and works very hard at perfecting her make up tutorials which she puts up online. Despite that, she isn't achieving the followers as quickly as she wants; so when her friend Polly comes up with a plan to raise her profile by including her brother's business in her videos she is persua
Abigail Yardimci
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny, light-hearted and sassy

I really enjoyed this funny, light-hearted and sassy story. It was perfect to read on a cold, winters night and I found I got really interested in the characters as the book progressed. There's an equal amount of romance, humour and steaminess so everything you'd hope for from a contemporary chick lit! I'd definitely read more from Lucy Keeling and really looking forward to the next instalment!
Pam Robertson
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This contemporary romance is a great mix of humour and romance and features a likeable group of friends who could easily feature in a series. You feel that you get to know them in this novel but there are also plenty of hints that some of them may have their own stories to tell. Just where does Mia work and is there another romance bubbling below the surface?

Sophie and Marcus are the focus of this debut novel which has a contemporary feel with plenty of emphasis on social media. Sophie is so d
Isabelle D
I had a lot of fun reading this book. It's a perfect example of romantic comedy, with bickering heroes and funny situations (with occasional appearances of kittens for bonus cuteness). Having no interest in make-up (Marcus knows more than me from watching Sophie's videos!) didn't stop me from enjoying it. I still think that trying any kind of make-up would be a waste of time for me, but reading this novel definitely wasn't. I only lost interest during the steamy scenes, but that's because I pref ...more
Els
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I always wanted to be a make-up artist too, so my interest was piqued right away. I also loved the cover. It gave me the impression to be in for a lovely funny tale. But was the impression correct?

It most certainly was. The author filled the book with humour, of course heaps of romance and she poured a sizzling sauce over the whole.

Most people have a goal in life but some are so focussed on it that all the rest has to stay on the backburner. Life is more than work alone and when the one comes al
Barbara
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun romance that introduced me to the world of vloggers! Sophie is struggling to get her business to move on to greater numbers and the idea of combining her and her friend's brother's work is not initially appealing. Despite the initial setbacks the plan goes ahead and so do all the peripheral things working together throw up. The friends that surround and support Sophie and Marcus are lovely, I could do with some like them. The kittens add another dimension to the story as well. A gr ...more
Vikkie
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not only does this book have a gorgeous cover, the story is also wonderful. This is the perfect romantic comedy.
This book contains fab friends, bickering love interests and a whole lot of laughs. I have loved this book from start to finish. The characters in this book are fantastic, I found them extremely easy to relate to. I could easily imagine them fitting in with my friendship group.
I adore Lucy’s writing style, I was pulled into the story from the very beginning. This is a book I didn’t wan
Eve Corso
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book, and all the back and forth between Marcus and Sophie. It was so fun!

Look, I get why Sophie wanted to work so hard for her career. I get her determination at wanting to shut Marcus out, but he was so lovable and even I was yelling at Sophie to get it together, just like all her friends were.

A fun, lovable, steamy book. I can't wait to read the next one!!! All the characters in this book were life-like and different from one another. I loved them all.

• The First Date
  • My Christmas Number One
  • Reach for a Star
  • The Spare Bedroom
  • The New Guy

(Untitled series) (2 books)
  • Just Friends