Start by marking “Dear Enemy” as Want to Read:
Dear Enemy

Dear Enemy

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  9,956 ratings  ·  1,101 reviews
As kids, they hated each other. Macon Saint was beautiful, but despite his name, Delilah knew he was the devil. That he dated her slightly evil sister, Samantha, was no picnic either. When they broke up, it was a dream come true: Delilah never had to see him again.

Ten years later, her old enemy sends a text.

Delilah’s sister has stolen a valuable heirloom from Macon, now a
Paperback, 1st Edition, 393 pages
Published March 31st 2020 by Montlake

To ask other readers questions about Dear Enemy, please sign up.
Diana It’s implied that he had , but I don’t remember reading anything explicit or even reference to it.
Renee If you read Make it Sweet, it has Delilah and Macon’s wedding as attended from a new Hero and heroine’s POV.

·  9,956 ratings  ·  1,101 reviews

Start your review of Dear Enemy
jessica
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
i think ive found a new favourite romance author because i really, really enjoyed this. this has two things i love when setting up a romance story - characters who have known each other since childhood and a good ol’ enemies to lovers plot. i mean, theres not much more i could ask for. all the hilarious banter and steamy chemistry is just icing on the cake.

what confused me, however, was the super common use of british slang and phrases. the characters are american and the story is set in the st
mel ☽
3.5 stars ✧

did i read this instead of writing my 20-page paper? yes. yes i did. pls don't judge.

i couldn't help it ok?? there were just so many cute moments here that i couldn't stop reading ugh. and the fact that the MCs have known each other since childhood and were always enemies, and 10 years later the H is now a famous actor and the h has to work for him as an assistant/chef to repay her sister's debts to the H?

... hell YES

and you know what, after reading a few books from the hangmen serie
aniryllis
Nov 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Before:

He dated her sister.* UGH.

If (I'm hopeless like that) it's another sibling double dipping, this gets 1 star. I'm really tired of them.
It's not freaking romance when your "forever" has been with your sister. Okay? Okay.

After:

It's far worse than I thought. They were childhood sweethearts. “An on-again, off-again couple throughout middle school and high school.”

“He was Samantha’s beau.”
I hate the term beau. It sounds so old fashioned, but there’s also something so much more to it than b
Dilek VT
Apr 02, 2020 marked it as blurb-not-appealing  ·  review of another edition
The heroine sounds TSTL even in the blurb. Why would you offer to pay off the debt of your evil sister? Why? Let her deal with it and its consequences. I hate heroines that put themselves into the position of a victim so willingly for people who do not deserve their sacrifice.
Ida
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
⭐3.5 - 4 stars ⭐
If you're looking for a cute, entertaining quarantine read, look no further!
description

I think I waited too long to write a proper review for this book, so this will probably be a messy one..

Dear Enemy is a sweet, fast paced contemporary romance novel, with an enemy to lovers trope (one of my favourites). The characters are in their twenties (which is always a plus for me), and the book alternates between present time and flashbacks, as well as point of views.

“A lady friend once t
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
4 - 4,5 STARS

Such a lovely story, I enjoyed it so much!It was addictive and I couldn't put it down, one of the things that I liked the most was the banter between the characters!

description

Dear Enemy was a fantastic read, it has the best enemies to lovers set up!I was captivating , the writing was so good that you will fall in love immediately with the characters and you will not put it down until you finish it!

Delilah and Macon has a great chemistry there is angst, intensity, desire and love hate.I love t
Christy
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

This was such a great enemies to lovers story. The banter was fantastic and I adored this couple.

Delilah and Macon grew up together and they were each others nemesis. Now they're adults and it's been over ten years since they've seen each other. Now they're back in each others lives, much to Delilah's contempt. Delilah is working for Macon. And the more time they spend with one another, the more Delilah realizes they may not hate each other at all.

There was so much I loved about this boo
Samantha Young
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is pure enemies-to-lover magic. A sexy and compelling romance that explores the fine line between love and hate. Utterly addictive. I couldn’t put it down!
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****

I'm a Kristen Callihan fan to the end!
Loved this enemies-to-lovers romance.
Macon and Delilah had explosive chemistry, it made this story such a winner!
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

THEMES & TROPES: Enemies-to-Lovers, Forced Proximity, Hollywood
RATING: 4.5 STARS
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

THIS! This is why I love reading and this is what has been missing for me lately. The feeling of excitement, being unable to put the book down just to go pee. Yeah, I'm going there people. DEAR ENEMY is a flawlessly executed enemies-to-lovers romance that follows a sassy hero
h o l l i s
Mar 03, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: arc, ebook
I'm not rating this one, because generally my DNF rule of thumb is, unless the read is heinous, I will only rate if I made it more than halfway into the book. And I tapped out of this one just shy of 40%. But it's worth noting this is a favourite author and I wanted out after 20%, and had concerns after the first few flashback/past event chapters, so. Be aware of that.

My issue with DEAR ENEMY is more than just in the continuity or inconsistencies (which, fair, could be corrected between now, Mar
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
I am so sad I didn’t love this one more, since I adore Kristen Callihan and her books. The hero got on my nerves too much, and while he did grow on me by the end, I was still thinking of the awful things he did to the heroine growing up. (It doesn’t help that the epilogue literally reminds us of what he did... which did not endear him to me.) I thought his reasons for bullying her and being with her sister were so weak. A couple of the interesting plot points (like the heroine’s runaway sister, ...more
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Montlake Romance)

photo 5ABB215A-9800-4B96-853C-56CBF16C4944_zpskpcoytif.jpg

Delilah Baker’s family moves to the southern town of Shermont, North Carolina when she’s eleven years old. She quickly makes an enemy out of a boy named Macon Saint. He’s a popular jerk with the face of an angel, but an ugly personality. Through middle school and high school they hated each other and clashed at every turn. She often felt like she couldn’t escape him since he dated her sister Samantha. No one on earth has ever annoyed her so much, s
Wendys Wycked Words

I am a big fan of Kristen Callihan's books and some of them are favorites that I read over and over again. So when I saw this baby and read the blurb I knew I had to give it a go.

Now as much as I enjoyed reading it...I wasn't blown away by it. For some reason, I just couldn't fully connect with the story or the characters and I even found myself skimming every now and then. It was all just a bit too slow for my liking...

shame on me gif - Google Zoeken

Now, this might also be because of the weird times we are currently living i
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelly, ratula
Ahhhh! Anyone who knows me knows that enemies to lovers is my form of kindle crack. I legit die for the animosity, the banter and the hate. YES. The Hate. There is something about the intense and edgy emotions in a love-hate relationship that I die for. And Dear Enemy has alllll of this and more!!! Kristen Callihan delivered something amazing y'all and she is taking allll the names! Lord, I loved Dear Enemy! Macon and Delilah were #BanterGoals!! I was so here for all of the fiery sexual tension, ...more
Antonella
Mar 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Dear Enemy is hate to love story that starts when our protagonist were children and expanded into their adulthood. Delilah and Macon hated each other pretty much from the moment they meet.
When they were 17 Delilah's family moved away. They will not see each other for the next 10 years. Sam, Delilah's sister stole family watch from Macon. So they form a deal for her to pay him back so he will not call police on her sister. They are not kids anymore so the new arrangement can bring peace into the
TJ ☾
Mar 24, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm crying tears of joy rn

That this book is finally fucking over

description

Amen. Hallelujah. God Bless. Praise be. Have I ever been so bored in my life?
✨
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads
5 beautiful stars!!👠

This book was an absolute hit for me. I literally love anything enemies to lovers related, so when I saw that this trope was going to be included, I knew I had to read it. I read this within a day, and when I finished, I felt so sad because I just wanted more aGH.

In the beginning of the book we’re introduced to Macon Saint, Delilah Baker and Samantha Baker, whilst they’re still in high school. Delilah and Macon absolutely despise each other and have never quite got along. De
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Delilah and Macon.

They met when they were eleven years old.

Delilah wanted to be friends. Macon did the verbal 'pulling-the-little-girls-hair' thing and they've been enemies ever since. But they're still always in each other's presence, because Macon and Deliah's sister Sam have been a 'thing' since that very first day. On and off again all through school.

Now, ten years after highschool, Delilah is a busy catering chef in Los Angeles. Sister Sam is still a flighty good-for-not-much party & con gi
Melanie (mells_view)
Dear Enemy was an ok read. I’ve loved this author’s work in the past and I will continue to pick it up. That being said, this one sadly didn’t hit me in the feels like some of the others have. While it was extremely well written and the story overall was good, the pacing just didn’t work for me. I can do slow burn, but this felt a bit draggy at times, which made it hard for me to connect to the characters and their story. There is also a stalker sub-plot that sort of fizzled out too simply. I th ...more
Phuong ✯
This is a sad day. I was so excited for this book, cause I loved Managed and Outmatched by Samantha Young and Miss Callihan.

SPOILER WARNING: This review contains spoilers for Dear Enemy as well as Vicious by L.J. Shen, so read with caution.

Objectively this book is not bad, but it was so bad for me. As some might know, Vicious is one of my favorite enemies to lovers stories. Unfortunately, Dear Enemy for some parts read like a watered-down Vicious 2.0 rip off. Both of them bullied their love
Syndi
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is my second book by Miss Callihan. Dear Enemy is a enemy turned lover romance. It's just she done is right. Beautifully.

The hate between Macon and Delilah is intense and childish during their childhood. And yet it build the chemistry for the rest of the story. When their life coliding with each other, the spark ignites. Let the manipulative game begins.

The amount of angst is there but not OTT. Macon and Delilah only becomes intomate toward the end of the story and it does not bother me t
Carol
4 stars.⭐⭐⭐⭐💋
My first book by Kristen Callihan and I have to say: I really love her writing style (will definitely be reading more of her books in the near future).

"Enemies to lovers" has always been one of my favorite romance tropes and this one was a doozy .....the flashbacks to Macon and Delilah's childhood were a great set up for their complicated current day situation and I also really enjoyed them....which was equally surprising as I am not usually a fan of flashbacks whatsoever.

The story
Malene
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There’s no such thing as a great enemies to lovers romance and that’s exactly what Dear Enemy is. Delilah and Macon go at it from the moment they meet when Delilah is eleven and until she’s seventeen. They both give as good as they take but it’s always Macon who instigates it. It ends horribly and with tears. Flash forward ten years later and they cross paths thanks to Delilah’s sister Sam who Macon has history with.

Delilah has spunk and doesn’t take crap from Macon and he just enjoys riling he
✧ jules ✧
Thank you Netgalley and Montlake Romance for the ARC.

Ohi, ohi, ohi.
Okay disclaimer: I didn't read the synopsis at all because when I requested the ARC there was no blurb. I only knew two things: enemies to lovers and Kristen Callihan. So i admit the blame was probably mine.

We are following childhood enemies Macon and Delilah. I am always ready for this trope to blow me away, and from what I've read from this author's past works she really can deliver.

So, what are my issues?
1. Our male character
CristiinaReads❀
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
A Kristen Callihan novel? Yes! I needed this in my life right about now...

ARC kindly provided by Montlake Romance, in exchange for an honest review coming closer to the release date...

InstagramTwitter
Bookphenomena (Micky)
DEAR ENEMY had some of my most favourite tropes all wrapped up in banter and jibes – second chances, hate-to-more and slow burn. It did however, have a trope I’m not keen on, stepping into a relationship with someone who’s been with a friend/family member. That said, I could cope with it because of the circumstances but I think that might alienate some readers. After a difficult to navigate prologue, this book took off well for me.

What was so delicious about this contemporary romance? It was the
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
3.5-4 'My little Hot Tater Tot' Stars!
ARC provided by the the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I fell in love with Kristen Callihan’s writing ever since I read the first book in her Game On series. Imagine my excitement when I saw she was releasing a standalone novel with Montlake and I saw the ARC on my Kindle! I love how Kristen develops her characters and the relationships between them and the chemistry build between the couples. Dear Enemy is no exception to that!

So, Dear Enemy is
Dilushani Jayalath
Kindly received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I am really sad to say that I read this book 3 days ago but did not have time to review it until now. This my review could be pretty lacking in detail (I have a really really short term memory. Truth is bitter). The main reason I picked the book up was due to the author. I am a somewhat fan of her having read few of her books and finding it pretty good. Not that I would die over them but they did stuck out from the other of
Heroesinbooks
11 Sparkling Macon and Delilah Stars

I loved this book. The story, the characters , the humour, the sad parts , the snark and the crackling chemistry between Macon and Delilah. All of it. Every page.

The synopsis is childhood enemies that meet again a decade after graduating school. Delilah Baker and Macon Saint have a long history. Macon used to hang out at the Baker sisters' house a lot.
-Mrs Baker thought he couldn't put a foot wrong.
-Samantha Baker (Delilah's younger sister by 10 months) join

• All In (The Blackstone Affair, #2)
  • Nightfall (Devil's Night, #4)
  • The House of Closed Doors (The House of Closed Doors #1)
  • Eternal Deception (The House of Closed Doors #2)
  • The Billion Dollar Plan (Incongruity, #1)
  • The Shadow Palace (The House of Closed Doors #3)
  • The Day He Came Back
  • RoomHate
  • Crowned by Hate (Crowned #1)
  • Flip Trick
  • Broken Wings (Dark Legacy, #1)
  • Reckless Hate (Westbrook Blues, #1)
  • Code of Silence
  • Broken Hate (Westbrook Blues, #3)
  • The Master (The Game Maker, #2)
  • Untouchable (Untouchables, #1)
  • Noble Savages Box Set
  • Perfectly Imperfect
Kristen Callihan is an author because there is nothing else she'd rather be. She is a RITA winner and three-time nominee and winner of two RT Reviewer's Choice awards. Her novels have garnered starred reviews from Publisher's Weekly and the Library Journal, as well as being awarded top picks by many reviewers. Her debut book FIRELIGHT received RT Magazine's Seal of Excellence, was named a best boo ...more