Start by marking “Charmed Souls (Black Souls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Charmed Souls (Black Souls, #1)

Charmed Souls

(Black Souls #1)

They say blood is thicker than water, but I was never proud of mine. A female born into the Kamlock bloodline was destined to possess three things they couldn’t change—a crazy as hell mother, an unfair amount of beauty, and a Charmed soul that was as black as night.

All a Kamlock woman ever desired in life was to use her beauty to destroy wealthy men and take their riches.
Published January 6th 2020 by Abbi Glines Publishing

Win a Copy of This Book

• Charmed Souls by Abbi Glines
    Charmed Souls (Black Souls)
    Release date: Jan 06, 2020
    For a chance to win one of 5 Signed copies of Charmed Souls by Abbi Glines, enter this giveaway today!

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 2836 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 14 - Mar 14, 2020

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Charmed Souls, please sign up.

Start your review of Charmed Souls (Black Souls, #1)
    KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
    Today I really relied on reading to pull me out of my head, I needed that escape and I was excited to start this one being that it was from an author I'd not read anything of for a while. But sadly this just didn't do it for me. I tried to get past the heroines woes of her beauty and people not seeing the real person she was made for hard reading and I just couldn't. Maybe when I'm in a better head space I'll re-pick this one up again.
    Maca
    Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
    This book is about people who are perfect on the outside but in reality they are a far cry from that inside with a lot of cheesy lines and names from a soap operas (telenovelas).
    And for the whole book almost nothing major happened, just at the end.
    Like I said - telenovela:

•awful, jelaous sisters
    •awful mother
    •somebody is supposed to be dead but isn’t
    •lovers who are not supposed to be together and their instant chemistry
    •kind of “love triangle”
    •kind of everyone is beautiful
    •the MC is the most “
    Candace Tidwell
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: favorites
    A wonderful addition to your library.
    Abbi Glines has written another spectacular book and it does not disappoint. Definitely dont bypass this when you're looking for your next read.
    Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
    Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Erin ~
    I really didn’t know what to expect going into this. I hadn’t read any reviews or even the blurb in its entirety, all I knew is that it was paranormal and that Abbi Glines wrote it and I was sold! I knew that I had to read this book and wow, what a ride! I was intrigued from the start and my curiosity continued to grow the more that I read. Glines has created such a complex and exciting world and we’ve only just scratched the surface in this installment. Romance, magic, suspense, and so
    Jennifer Kyle
    Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
    3.5 Stars ...more
    Sejla
    Shelves: favorites
    Abbi Glines, you totally bewitched me with Charmed Souls! It was absolutely brilliant and had everything I'm looking for in paranormal romance: intriguing and multi layered characters, a great story line and many unexpected twists and turns. I loved how the story was magical and mysterious, yet felt very realistic at the same time. Thanks to Abbi's beautiful and poignant writing I could see everything like a movie happening in front of my eyes. Her talent truly shined on every page!

I knew deep
    Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
    I was the evil they all should fear.

Charmed Souls was the type of book that was easily devoured. The characters were effortless to connect with, the story line was beyond addicting and I loved how magic floated through the pages. With friendship, a romance that had a forbidden feel to it and humor, Charmed Souls completely bewitched me and left me begging for more. If you love paranormal romance or new adult stories then definitely add this one to your tbr!
    The darkness had always calmed me.
    Selma
    Shelves: favorites
    This fantastic first installment in the Black Souls Trilogy has absolutely blown my mind. It was utterly addictive and unputdownable. Abbi Glines put me under her magical spell with this PNR new adult mix of friends to lovers and forbidden romance and I'm now totally invested in this intriguing story and charming characters and can't wait to see what this incredibly talented and versatile author has in tow for them in the future.

It's really hard to write a book in this particular genre where you
    Rebecca Hawkins
    Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I love romance but can't stand paranormal/magical books I just have a hard time keeping interest I dont even watch the syfi channel, this being said I will be buying every one of Abbi's magical books I read this book in one day! I did not go to bed untill I was done! Thank you Abbi for opening up to new things!
    Timitra
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it liked it
    Charmed Souls was predictable I had it pegged pretty much from the beginning. It was also quite repetitious with not much happening until late. The main character, Cat was very contradictory, she said things about herself that her actions didn't back up. I didn't find the romance believable at all. I wanted to love it but it just didn't work for me at all. Even though I'm intrigued by the ending I'm not sure if I'll read the next book in the series.

Copy won in a contest
    Jerilyn
    Colleen Oppenheim
    Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    My first Abbi Glines book was Existence back in the day when indie authors were just starting out. This is the book that made me fall in love with her writing. Can you imagine my excitement at the news she was going to write a new paranormal? Then I got nervous. What if it didn’t live up to the Existence Trilogy for me? But I dove in and thank goodness I did!
    Charmed Souls charmed the hell out of me! Sassy southern witches? Yes, please! Thank you Abbi for going back to PNR because you are a
    Shivani
    Sep 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
    I’m so ready!!!!
    Jennifer Lashbrook
    Great pnr read

I always love Abbi’s books. This book was just like the rest...a great, entertaining read. I loved Cat and felt her pain and anguish. I can’t wait to get some answers from Rathe in the next book!
    Stephanie Decker
    Great Book

Easy read and I am excited for the next one! Glad Abbi is writing paranormal again, I've missed them as I loved all the Existence books.
    Kayla Brunson
    Jan 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
    What did I just read? I have to admit that I haven’t been loving anything new by Abbi Glines for a few releases now. I was excited to see that she was releasing another paranormal romance because I did enjoy her Existense series back in the day. However, there was so much missing and a lot of things were never explained. I’m going to try and keep this one short. Most of this will be about the characters because it was SUCH a character based book. Hardly any of the magic was talked about.

All of
    Heather
    Must read!

Abbi Glines really knows how to keep a reader entranced. Cliffhanger left me wanted more, of course! Can’t wait for the next book to come out.
    ☘ Lily ☘
    For only 180 pages, this book sure made me rolled my eyes at every single page.

I just can't deal with these heroines who are incredibly beautiful and yet didn't know that they are. The male best friend who secretly in love with her since foreveerrrr and she never realized it. The insta love that so typically done. The oh-so-woe-is-me attitude she had.

My god. The tropes.

I just can't.
    Kelly
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
    A breathtaking cross-over of The Mortal Instruments, dark Witches of East End and Fallen

Abbi Glines is back with a phenomenal adult paranormal! She is one of my go-to author, and also the book is .99 and supporting Australia, how can anyone say no?

Catalina is cursed all her life. She accepts, but at the same time, doesn't embrace herself fully. She just wants to be normal. She has a life with just enough happiness from her friends; until her whole world gets turned upside down. She doesn't know

SamanthaJane
    Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it

This was a great start to a new series and I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes. If you like magic and mystery with your protective males you’re going to love this.

We meet Catalina (Cat) who comes from a long line of female witches or the charmed as they’re sometimes referred too. Cat has always denied her mother and sisters; siren men eating ways and embraced her father’s human way. Even going as far as to spell herself to repel men or at least try to counteract her natural lure.

Cat
    Avidreader1412
    Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Finally I can give her a 4/5 star rating again.

This is the best book she's written in a long time. It was exciting and had an actual build up for the romance. It didnt feel shallow or fast paced like her past few books. By fast paced I mean there was no 'one day she meets him the next she's inlove and having sex with him'. Many of her books the past couple of years have been too simple and shallow before this one. I needed this. I'm so happy to know she can still write books that I love. My
    Irma
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
    No one wanted to admit it, but every human had a vein of selfishness they didn’t want to acknowledge.

This is one of those books that gets under your skin wheter you wanted it or not.
    I have so much love for the heroine. May it be for her friends, may it be for her family, her love life, her job,... whatever it was, I wanted the best for her. And underneath it all, I was simply captivated by her. There is something about her that draws me in, there is something about her that peaks my interest,
    Edith
    Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Oh My!!!

What an intriguing beginning! This at first reminded me of a Cinderella-like story, then it became so much more. Wicked mother, lazy sisters and a witch who wishes she wasn't. Wasn't beautiful, wasn't charmed, wasn't Persephone's daughter. Wishes she were normal.
    That Cat is all that is what makes her lovable. It also makes her human. Then enters Rathe and things become so complicated. But when are relationships easy? There is much left unexplained, it just makes me wish for the next
    Veronica LaRoche
    Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Omg absolutely an amazing read that I absolutely loved. I love Abbi books and her writing a paranormal romance, I knew I had too one click ASAP. This book will have you hooked from the beginning. I love Rathe & Cat together and I knew something was not right with him. Rathe will definitely have you rooting for him maybe not at first but you will definitely come around. I really enjoyed the interaction between Duely and Cat, he will have you lol. I need the next book ASAP, hopefully it will ...more
    Chelsea
    Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This book is phenomenal. The amazing characters you get from Abbi are even better and more developed in this book. There's such an amazing cliffhanger, I'm not even mad. I just can't wait for the next one. Is it paranormal? Yes. But it's a new adult paranormal. No other words. Just amazing. if you're familiar with Abbi's work, this book is like rediscovering the Rosemary Beach and Sea Breeze series-but with the anticipation of a paranormal. Do yourself a favor and get it. ...more
    Faria Khan
    Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I don’t normally go for paranormal romance but for Abbi Glines i did. While it was well written the story lacked something. It didn’t quite pack a punch. I expected more. Hope the next ones in this trilogy will be better
    Jackie Vanhinsbergh
    I've been charmed

This book is so different from any of Abbi's prior books and stories. I just fell in love with the characters and the story! Not the ending I expecting but it was fabulous and I cannot wait for the next book! This book will not disappoint you!
    Roselyn Vazquez
    Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I don't read many PNR, but I DO read any and everything written by Abbi Glines. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next one.

Charmed Souls is Book #1 in the Black Soles Series. The Kamlock witches are known for the beauty; an outer beauty that does not reflect their inner beauty. They use their beauty to manipulate and captivate rich men. Catalina Kamlock didn't have a choice in who her family is. As one of the Kamlock witches, she beautiful and powerful, but she isn't like her
    Micheala
    Book received from The Next Step PR

This book has a lot of mixed reviews. People either love it or they hate it. I fall into the middle of them. Abbi is one of my favorite authors, and maybe I just had too high of expectations. Maybe contemporary is just her genre; I don’t know. But I have mixed feelings by this book.

It started out quite interesting. Catalina is a witch, one born with a black soul that urges her to attract men, make them fall in love with them, and ultimately conveniently they
    Carla
    Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book, given by the author.

And Abbi has done it again! And with a supernatural book no less.

I enjoyed everything about this book! It captivated me from page one and I couldn’t put it down.

It might be a little overwhelming at first with all the information the story throws our way and a large quantity of characters. But give it a chance because it won’t disappoint you.

Cat is this strong witch that
    « previous 1 3 4 next »

• According to Plan
    • Credence
    • Truly Mine (Mason & Sophie, #1; Roommate Duet, #3)
    • Truly Yours (Mason & Sophie, #2; Roommate Duet, #4)
    • Avoiding Temptation (A Bro Code Standalone)
    • Dear Ava
    • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
    • Baby Mine (Hunter & Lennon, #1; Roommate Duet, #1)
    • Baby Yours (Hunter & Lennon, #2; Roommate Duet, #2)
    • Queen of Men (King Maker #2)
    • Money Man (King Maker, #1)
    • Burn (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #2)
    • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
    • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
    • Fake It 'Til You Break It
    • Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy, #2)
    • Quiet Man (Dream #0.5; Dream Man, #4.5)
    • Fallen Saint (All The Pretty Things, #2)
    Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, Field Party and Existence series. She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted before she goes in it. She drinks afternoon tea because she wants to be ...more

Black Souls (2 books)
    • Cursed Souls (Black Souls, #2)