Start by marking “Focused (Ward Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Focused (Ward Sisters, #1)

Focused

(Ward Sisters #1)

If you've ever seen your teenage crush ten years later, and he turns out to be a complete jerk, then you know how Molly Ward feels.

The last time she saw Noah Griffin was the regrettable day that she decided to climb into his bedroom window and turn her unrequited crush into something more.

That day was bad enough, but things are about to get worse.

Noah has become one
Published January 7th 2020 by Dutch Girl Publishing, LLC (first published January 2nd 2020)

Start your review of Focused (Ward Sisters, #1)
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was as cute as a book can get. I like the couple a lot and while I wish they were explored more individually, I enjoyed them.
Giorgia ~ Reads
3.75 Stars

What can I say about this one..

The book features a hyper focused and committed athlete who forgoes everything else in his life in order to achieve professional acclaim, and a hardworking, sweet, career driven woman.

Those two meet again after 9 years (it’s not necessarily a second chance romance because the first time around they weren’t really in love or anything like that) and they have to work together on a project. From there onwards, we have them developing feelings and connect
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
tenor

DNF 27%
OH, HELP ME GOD, WHAT WAS THAT?!
I almost died out of boredom. 😂😂😂
GOD, make it stop! 😭

PS - The cover is amazing.
Antonella
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
dnf @ 40%

I just don't care about these characters or plot or anything...
Melanie (mells_view)
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
”Something about him scrambled my brain waves, and if I was honest with myself, that had always been true.”

Molly and Noah had a quick, hot, and nearly illegal start which led to them not being the best of friends, and both of them making changes in the way they live. Years later they meet back up, because of their jobs and although they agree to avoid each other and or be civil, that doesn’t quite work out as planned. They are forced together for a special project and let’s just say the lite for
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
#currentlyreading
A celibate pro football player *swoon* I think I just had an orgasm😂😈

I feel like she owes him an apology like dang girl!
#stillreading

Spoilers ahead,

At 16 Molly was Noah's next door neighbor and did everything to catch his interest, until one night she snuck into his room and they made out. His dad caught them and escorted her back home ad shortly after they moved away.
*side note- this happened in the marriage effect which was her brother's book and I'm still bothered by how cool
Syndi
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I like this book. Oh the romance, the sweetness of Noah and the free spirit of Molly blends so perfectly together.

This romance is more character driven. So much layers being peeled in the most romantic and swooning way. I am gushed with happiness when they finally get their HEA. Noah is the center of my heart in this book. He is so brooding, serious and so mysterious. I do love a mysterious hero. Plus he has a very soft spot for Molly even though he denied it so hard.

I also happy to catch up w
Seline
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
❤️ Nanda ❤️
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
❤️ Follow me on Instagram 💋

I'll give it 3.5 ⭐ since this was a nice story.
When I finished The marriage effect, I knew that the author would write about Logan's sisters... They were to unique to let them go.
Sooooo I was really excited about Molly and Noah's love story.

It was slow burn and cute.
I have to say that I got bored in the middle of the book... I dropped a few times just because I just couldn't be Focused (pun indeed).

It was cute too see them fall in love after their beginning 10 years ag
zaira
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"I couldn't have scripted this, couldn't have planned it, couldn't have controlled it. Because sometimes, the best things in life come straight from your blind side."

Karla Sorensen is truly one of my top favorite romance authors now.

The two leads, Molly and Noah, were already introduced in The Marriage Effect. A few years after that book, Noah is now a big-shot football player who got transferred to Washington Wolves where Molly is currently working. She was put in charge of the project wher
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!!!

Oh man, oh man, oh man! THIS BOOK, you guys. THE SWOON. I cannot even tell you. It's a delicious, heartfelt, sexy slow-burn that gets you in the feels. I couldn't put it down. The enemies-to-lovers storyline was filled with angsty tension, tons of heart and of course, heat. A perfect one sitting read. And it’s a standalone.
TheBibliotheque ♡
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-4s-romance
The grumpy one is soft for the sunshine one so there was *literally* no way I wouldn't have loved this.

(also that cover makes me incredibly book-horny, you didn't need to know that but there ya go anyway)

Rating: 4.5/5
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
Hot. dog.

This, right here, is my particular brand of kindle crack. I am powerless to resist it and utterly consumed by it when I encounter it.

This book.

I was obsessed with it! It had the perfect amount of push and pull. The perfect amount of flirting and kissing and emotion. The perfect amount of heat and drama. This was my first Karla Sorenson book, y’all. And now I want to gobble up everything she’s ever written.

This was so good!

Noah and Molly had me hooked right out the gate. I loved their
Michelle Claypot_Reads
All the stars in the world for this! What a way to kick off my reading for 2020!! Oh my heart! This was absolute perfection. Noah is EVERY-GROWLY-THING I want in my BBF & I just adored Molly’s quiet strength and wit. Together they were kaboom 💥

Their slow burn, their banter, their chemistry - it all added up to my very favourite kind of romance.

Karla draws you into their love story like a voyeur & oh what a story they tell. Packed with humour, emotions and supporting characters that I demand ALL
✴ Cindy ✴
Sweet read.

Noah was a bit of a ho dog in his teens, but then he was celibate for 9 years. He believed it helped him play football better.

Molly had relationships during that time. I liked that she had active sex life while he was celibate.
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
This, not quite so enemies to lovers, not quite so second chance, almost forbidden romance has left me feeling completely and utterly smitten. I couldn't get through it fast enough. If you are looking for a sport romance with a grouchy hero and a fiesty heroine who doesn't shy away from standing up to the hero, this is it!

We met the lost 16 year old Molly Ward in The Marriage Effect and beared witness to a humiliating turn of events when she decided to pursue her teenage crush, the boy next door
Phuong ✯
3.5/5
Because sometimes, the best things in life come straight from your blind side.

I picked this book up because I wanted to know more about the Ward family and see Paige & Logan again. Therefore I was surprised that I enjoyed this more than I thought.

Overall I thought Molly and Noah as individuals were bland, especially Noah. His character was very one dimensional. His only focus is football and nothing else. Noah doesn't have any friends, he has barely contact to his family, he doesn't in
Mina
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Wow. Well this one was positively boring..
I kept trying to encourage myself to finish but by the time I was at the 70% mark and it was still BORING I was like life is too short to read lackluster books.

What I liked about this book (Because ...Positivity right?)

1. Isabel aka IZ.. I love feisty bad ass femmes
(Hope she gets a book soon, that I will gladly read)
2. Grandma Griffin.. I will almost always like the grandmas LOL

Either way the MCs were insanely boring and that whole celibate thing was a
Halle Reads
3 'average' stars 🌟

I don't know if it was me or the book but I just didn't care about Molly or Noah. Their story was standard, a little bit cute and also a little bit boring. The shift in tone from the 'hate' to love aspect felt off and a little choppy. I did however enjoy all the cameo's from the Ward family and honestly if I wasn't listening to this on Audio while doing housework I probably would've dnf'd. The story was just too lack luster for me but I still want to continue the series as I
Mia
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
"𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙖 𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚," 𝙄 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧. "𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙗𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙛, 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙛, 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚." 𝙄 𝙬𝙧𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙪𝙥 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙄 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙪𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧. "𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙚, 𝙈𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙙."

Grumpy and cold man melting by his women is so *chiefs kiss*.
I liked character and chemistry development between Moly and Noah.They are so cute during th
Izzie d
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this.
It is funny and sweet.
Not insta, there is an attraction but both push away due to the situation.
Sort of slow burn without the agonising too slow part.
There are a few characters that appear from previous series of the Wolves as the heroine is sibling of Logan.

There are no intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
No other man/woman drama.
Hero is not a man-whore type. He views women a distraction to his career. They call him 'the machine'.
I loved seeing the transforma
Michal
My thoughts kept wandering off.

Yawn 😴

Dramatically brooding hero. He had zero sexiness in him.
Passion of the burning love this one 🙄.

An ok heroine somewhat strong and bit boring and she needed a more caring hero.

Heavy on the slow burn and hot and cold games.

The camera following them all the time and the lack of privacy in their part just annoyed me.

exhausting really..
bruna
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
"There needs to be a record somewhere. There should be proof, undeniable proof, of the very best thing I've ever achieved in my life. Falling in love with you is the greatest thing I've ever done, Molly Ward."

gotta love the way molly and noah served the grumpy/sunshine and second chance (kinda) romance tropes <3
Anne OK
A new sports-related romance (especially football) is always a big temptation. They’re my favorite fun and easy escape.

The only other book I’ve read by Karla Sorensen was the third book in the Washington Wolves series with Logan and Paige’s story in The Marriage Effect. I truly loved and enjoyed every minute with them. Focused is Logan’s sister, Molly and Noah Griffin’s book. I didn’t fall or feel nearly as much for this coupling. The book is a standalone and not included in the Washington Wolv
Ros &#x1f33c;
3 stars

I got this one on Kindle Unlimited and in all honesty it was the cover that caught my eye. I seem to like a sport romance at the moment.

I think I am probably being a little generous with 3 stars (my definition of 3 stars anyway, as I consider a 3 star rating to be a good read) but I did enjoy this. Yet I have no doubt that some of you may find this a little dull. I must just be in a good mood at the moment!

First of all be warned, we are plonked right in the middle of a huge family and at
Nadia
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Molly slid through an unseen chink in my armor and planted herself there, right next to my heart. A hole in my ribcage I hadn't known about before she showed up in that elevator. That space inside me belonged to her now.
I wanted to scream.
I wanted to rip down walls.
I wanted to find her.

I can't stop smiling!! I love the Wards so much, like holy shit, I remember how much I loved them reading The Marriage Effect but phew, this is a whole other level. Molly, the twins, my baby girl Isabel <3333

N
Daisy Delfin
May 12, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: na, 2021

Pages: 268
My rating: 3

Fluffy cute story. The MC’s are older than 21, have known each other quite a long time. Noah used to be Molly’s neighbour. She works for the Washington Wolfs Football team and he is the new defensive line player. They are thrown together, because Rick and Marty are making an Amazon film where Noah is the main character. But things change.

I had a good time reading it and it was a quick read.

The Characters: Names and descriptions of the persons
(view spoiler)
Clare
This was super cute, with very minimal drama. loved that.

Breakdown:
Love triangle: Nope
Lori R.
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this!

Oh the feels in this one!
I experienced them all.
This story gave me everything.

After meeting 16 year-old Molly in The Marriage Effect, I couldn’t wait to dive into her story. She was such a lovable character - so impulsive - I knew 9 years later, she was going to be an amazing woman.

Grumpy, scowly Noah is sexy AF. He was Molly’s next door neighbor nine years ago. It was his window she snuck into. Her brother/legal guardian, Logan, was absolutely furious. Noah and his father ended u
celene
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
splendidly delicious. brilliant. incredible. amazing. show-stopping. spectacular. 😩🤧

((and omg the finnclaire tease tho at the end 👀 ready for the best friend's sister trope,,, woo))

• Coming Up Roses (Bennet Brothers, #1)
  • Faking Ms. Right (Dirty Martini Running Club #1)
  • Coldhearted Boss
  • Daddy Issues: A Single Dad Romance
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • A Pizza My Heart (Slice, #1)
  • Best of Me
  • Respectable Riot (Riot MC, #6)
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • Unfinished Sympathy (Absolution, #1)
  • Oh Snowy Night
  • With Me (Rivers Edge)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Regretting Gabriel (Reason to Ruin Book 2)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
  • Wicked Warden (Vicious Vipers MC Book 1)

Ward Sisters (3 books)
  • Faked (Ward Sisters, #2)
  • Floored (Ward Sisters, #3)