Start by marking “Braking Hard (Storm Harbor #1)” as Want to Read:
Braking Hard (Storm Harbor #1)

Braking Hard (Storm Harbor #1)

Gage O'Neill is an all-around nice guy and an Adonis in coveralls. With a thriving automotive business, a gorgeous girlfriend, and his ADHD under control, life is pretty incredible. But when he loses a loved one, Gage's perfect world unravels. Prone to bad choices, he's desperate to quell his rash behavior. Thankfully, hiring a curvy mechanic is the one impulsive decision ...more
Published February 12th 2020 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Braking Hard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Braking Hard

Start your review of Braking Hard (Storm Harbor #1)
Maria
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, various
Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review
“Braking Hard”, by Gloria Joynt-Lang, (The Wild Rose Press), was a very enjoyable read, with well developed, unique and lovable characters. I loved the author’s dry humor and I found myself laughing several times.
The writing and the storyline were great. The slow-burn romance moves slowly but steadily, as our beloved hero breaks all the obstacles (and having to battle his own demons in the end).
Having read recently a few books featurin
Jane McFarland
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Braking Hard by Gloria Joynt-Lang is the perfect story for lovers of romance and believers in destiny.

When Elroy Connell passes away, Gage O’Neill loses much more than a business partner. The owner of Big C’s Garage was his friend and mentor, and was there for all the significant moments in his life, including high school graduation.

Now that Elroy’s gone, it’s up to Gage to run the business. Fixing cars would be easy if he wasn’t organizing a wake, dealing with his cheating girlfriend and findi
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gage is a man who is out of control. He lost the one man who mattered and now he is out of control. Eden lost her job as a mechanic and is in need of another. Gage hires her and their connection will be one that changes their lives. He is in need of that special someone who can guide and Eden fits that wonderfully. I loved the authenticity of this story and how it unfolds into something rewarding for the both of them.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a
Kerri Stonehill
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg.. the way romance should be.... not mushy but beautiful.... great read...
Genevieve
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful story. It takes place in a small town where everyone knows everyone’s business. Gage O’Neil owns and runs Big C’s automotive shop. When he loses the man who taught him everything about being a man he doesn’t know what to do m his world is turned upside down until he meets Eden Sampario.
Eden is a mechanic looking for work after she was fired. When she is hired on at Big C’s, life for Gage changes. His ADHD, is out of control and she’s the one who helps him get back on track.
V.B. Law
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Contemporary romance with imperfectly perfect hero and lots of humor

As a female mechanic, Eden suffered way too much sexual harassment until she was hired by Gage. Gage has his own troubles keeping his garage running with a wandering mind, the fidgets, and the stress of his business partner and mentor just dying. Hiring Eden helps, and Gage would like to be more than her boss, but he would never want to make her uncomfortable.

This was fast paced, engaging, and funny, with a writing style I appre
Vikki Vaught
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Thanks go to the publisher and Net-Galley for the chance to read and review Breaking Hard by Gloria Joynt-Lang prior to publication. A fascinating glimpse at a young man living with severe ADHD. My opinions are my own and are not influenced by receiving a complimentary e-copy.

Breaking Hard caught my attention from the first page and kept me enmeshed until the end. The pacing is fast when the story calls for it and slower at other times, making this book an entertaining reading experience. Her ch
Jenn Bradshaw
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gloria Joynt-Lang is earning her chops as a sensitive author of neurodiverse characters in romance fiction, with her second book, Braking Hard, which features a strong female lead in a nontraditional career and a male protagonist coping with adult ADHD.

Gage is nothing short of determined. The owner of an auto repair shop in a small Oregon coastal town, each day is a struggle to stay focused on the things he needs to accomplish while managing his employees and a failing relationship. His mentor p
Allie
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Braking Hard by Gloria Joynt-Lang is the first book in the Storm Harbor series. After finishing this book, all I can really say is that I am excited to read more in this series. These are so many positive points in this book, and I honestly have no negatives.

Before I started Braking Hard, I almost decided to read another book Braking Hard. When I started reading this book, I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but after a couple of chapters, I was hooked. This book is mostly told from Gage's po
Trent E.
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The second book that I have read from this author. Gloria's characters are complex and flawed and that is the true genesis in her writing. There is no perfect in the world, there are no guarantees. In the end relationships are hard and the best ones are the ones worth working for. Gloria tells such an engaging story with characters who are brave enough to start over in life and look beyond the moment to look inside of another person. They are prepared to take chances when they realize what they ...more
Skye Bailey
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet story about an adult male who has ADHD and a female who has had terrible luck with men in general. She's a superb mechanic but nobody takes her seriously. She's tired of men hitting on her and making crude jokes where ever she goes. Then her life turns around when she meets Gage and he hires her as a mechanic in his shop. There's chemistry between the two but she's leery about dating her boss and being treated and seen as a piece of meat. But soon, Gage wins her over and she beg ...more
KL Cassanello
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gage's life is not so hot right now. His mentor and father figure passed away, and he's on a downhill slope. The only good thing that happens is that he's found a replacement mechanic. All he has to do is hire Ed. Oops - make that Eden. She's had a tough life and an abusive job, and just needs a break to get on her feet. She's smart, a very talented mechanic, and beautiful.

The author gives us a close and compassionate look at how ADHD affects adults. And Eden is as patient with Gage as he is wi
poppy
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
This is my first book from this author and it will not be my last this was a really good well-written book with good likable real characters that you just cannot help but like and root for. I think the author did a great job of explaining all the difficulties that came with Gage's ADHD you cannot help but just love him and Eden. This was a really enjoyable book.
Mariel
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
It’s time to pump the brakes on what is generally thought of as the “traditional romance novel.” Braking Hard tackles not only the very harsh reality of a woman in a stereotypically male job field, but it also takes on the vulnerability of real life and fills the story with beautiful truth.

Gage O’Neill is the perfect man. Considerate, passionate and undeniably sexy. It is no surprise that he quickly wins over our heroine Eden Sampario by being the first more than decent guy she has had the pleas
Trully Sunee
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gage O'Neill has the perfect life according to many until his mentor and role model passes quickly.

Eden Sampario is distraught about her harrassment from her employer. She needs to get a job in her field and not waste time doing current work.

Gage O'Neill has been very sad since missing a man who taught him most things he has learned. He isn't sure how to keep his girlfriend happy but he is enjoying business and dependable workers. Until things start falling apart with both. With firing and lett
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
He thought things were finally on the right track but the rug is pulled out from under him. When he meets Eden, I was definitely intrigued. I love her! Her personality and her attitude. I really wanted to find out if they could have their happy ending.

FULL REVIEW - http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Gloria Joynt-Lang
Oct 24, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
TaniLu
Ella
May 16, 2020
Chayma
May 17, 2020
Making Connections: 5658. Braking Hard by Gloria Joynt-Lang 17 75 Aug 12, 2020 09:09AM

• Broken Elite: An Angsty College Romance (The Darlington Elite)
  • Rainbow Sprinkles
  • Try Easy (Aloha #1)
  • Addicted to You (Swanson Court, #2)
  • Lost in You (Swanson Court, #3)
  • Pride & Pancakes (Happily Ever Austen, #1)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Lord Sayer's Ghost
  • Thunderstruck
  • The Rising Place
  • Seer (The Titanomachy #1)
  • Howling Bloody Murder (Beanie and Cruiser Mystery #1)
  • Fated Desires
  • You Can Go Home Now
  • Limbo Jubilee
  • Cormican's Lady
  • Healing the Heart of a Cowboy (McGuire Family, #1)
  • Ruin Her
Gloria Joynt-Lang was born in France and raised in various locales throughout Canada. Before she started writing contemporary romance, she worked in the criminal justice system—technically spending time behind bars.

As a Canadian, she’s fanatic about hockey, poutine, and apologizing.

She currently resides in rural Alberta with her husband and their two dogs.