Start by marking “THE CHRONICLES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES a gripping mystery inspired by the work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (THE LOST FILES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES Book 2)” as Want to Read:

(The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes #2)

A COLLECTION OF BRAND NEW SHERLOCK HOLMES MYSTERIES

If you love Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s original, do not miss this collection of exhilarating new tales from the world of Sherlock Holmes.

PRAISE FOR THE CHRONICLES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES

“Well worth it's place at the top table of tributes to the great detective stories.” William

“Every word written is a joy to read.” Wendy
Published September 23rd 2019 by Joffe Books classic mysteries and crime (first published October 31st 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about THE CHRONICLES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES a gripping mystery inspired by the work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Start your review of THE CHRONICLES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES a gripping mystery inspired by the work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (THE LOST FILES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES Book 2)
Khurram
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed these second offering of Sherlock Holems short stories. With the first story(Baron Maupertuis contunied from the lost files) becoming my faverite short story along with the empty house. On thing that I found that was a really clever idea was at the end of a couple of cases there is a post script of how the characters cope after the case been setteled. I would like to see more off these in future book. Another theme I noticed was the the last story in a book, is mentioned in the ...more
Rena Sherwood
This was a delightful collection of Holmes pastiches. Gilbert based his Holmes on Jeremy Brett's Holmes, which makes him a top Holmes pastiche author in my book. Gilbert also has a good grasp of Watson's voice. I own a copy and consider it money well spent.

The stories are based on the tantalizing hints Arthur Conan Doyle dropped in his Holmes stories. I didn't give this a five because a couple of these stories' topics have been done better than others. the disappearing ship was my favorite.

I'd
Michael
Quite poor. The author seems to have a limited number of phrases that are trotted out again and again. I wish these writers would stop trying to write stories based on mysteries that were only mentioned in the original stories. If I have to read another story featuring a red leech I think I will shoot myself. Fan fiction and published fiction has been doing this for decades. They've all been done - many times. It just makes the story sink without trace amongst the rest like a sprig of parsley in ...more
Thomas
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very Holmesian.

Gilbert does a solid effort in capturing Watson's narrative style with a handful of new adventures. I like this series.Check it out.
Hayden Trenholm
I'm a sucker for Holmes pastiches so looked forward to this one. It was ragged -- patches of quite clever plotting combined with a purple verbosity that sounded more like "Doyle" than Doyle ever did. Some of the stories clipped along fairly nicely -- especially the shorter ones -- but the longer ones tended to drag and I occassionally found myself skimming. More than 2 stars but less than three. Probably only for the diehard Holmes fans.
Suzanne
Some nice ideas, but ultimately disappointing. The author's style is somewhat repetitive, and I have to admit that I have read fanfic much better than this. The best thing about it is that Gilbert's Holmes is very much of the Brett model, which fits with the cover illustration.
Ana
rated it did not like it
Jan 24, 2015
Vikas
Feb 24, 2019
J
rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2013
Charles R. Hillenbrand, M.D.
Nov 11, 2019
Nadine
Jun 05, 2014

• The Darkened Village: A Sherlock Holmes Adventure
  • Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Colours at Waterloo and Other Stories (Cases of Singular Interest #6)
  • Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Crippen: The North London Cellar murder (the 'crime of the century') as recorded by Dr. John H. Watson
  • A Sherlock Holmes Alphabet of Cases, Volume 2 (Sherlock Alphabet)
  • The Long Sleep: A Weird Sherlock Holmes Adventure
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Undead Client: Being Book One of the Unpublished Case Files of John H. Watson, MD
  • The Wilhelm Conspiracy (A Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mystery #2)
  • Vikings - Taken (The Great Heathen Army #1)
  • Murder in Keswick: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery
  • Sherlock Holmes in A Reflection of Evil
  • Sherlock Holmes: and the Mystery of the Broken Window
  • The Lost Husband: A Weird Sherlock Holmes Adventure
  • The Hackney Horror: A Weird Sherlock Holmes Adventure
  • A Sherlock Holmes Alphabet of Cases: Volume 1
  • Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson: The Early Adventures Volume I
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Soldier's Daughter and other new stories
  • The Deadwood Stage (Sherlock Holmes & Young Winston #1)

The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes (3 books)
  • The Lost Files Of Sherlock Holmes (Linford Mystery Library)
  • The Annals of Sherlock Holmes