Start by marking “Evermore (The Lost Princesses, #1)” as Want to Read:
Evermore (The Lost Princesses, #1)

Evermore

(The Lost Princesses #1)

An ancient key. A secret treasure. And a princess destined to use them both to fight evil and restore peace.

Raised by a noble family, Lady Adelaide has always known she’s an orphan. Little does she realize she’s one of the lost princesses and the true heir to Mercia’s throne…until a visitor arrives at her family estate, reveals her birthright as queen, and thrusts her into
Published August 27th 2019 by Northern Lights Press (first published August 2019)

Start your review of Evermore (The Lost Princesses, #1)
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
After reading the compelling prequel novella to this series, I couldn't wait to discover the fates of the three lost princesses. Adelaide is the oldest of the three, and discovers her true identity at the beginning of the book. The author did a great job of giving the reader a sense of her character and personality before the action and adventure swept the story into a faster pace. Reunited with Adelaide after several years of being disowned by his father, Christopher faces his own dilemmas but ...more
Deanne Patterson
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Before you read this please do yourself a favor and read, Always the novella length book immediately preceding this one. It will set up the backstory for this book so you'll understand it.
With that being said, This. Book. I. Loved. It!

A young adult medieval era book that is sure to keep your attention at any age, as it did mine.
When a secret is revealed it puts Lady Adelaide's life in danger when it's revealed this orphan is the heir to Mercia’s throne.

Thrilling moments of danger,intrigue,courag
Nicki Chapelway
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warning: if you are looking for a coherent review, this is not the place to be. There will be much flailing and fangirling and asdfghjkl.

Okay so I LOVED this book SO MUCH.

Augh, lost princesses, hidden treasures, TALL JOHN. YOU GUYS, he said like three words but he is a without a doubt this book's MVP. I adored Christopher, he was such a fleshed out character capable of being both serious and joking when it seems like many characters are only able to be one of the two. And also I always like Jody
Melissa Tagg
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loooooove this book! Read it in every spare moment over the course of 24 hours and now I'm just super sad that it's over but also super excited for the next in the series. I've loved many Jody Hedlund books, but I have to say, I think her medieval YA stories are my absolute fave!! Evermore is action-packed and romantic and everything I want in a thrilling read. 😍😍😍😍😍
R.F. Gammon
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
SOME THOUGHTS:
-Adelaide was wonderful and I want more of this kind of heroine--feisty, beautiful, fierce, but not afraid to be feminine. She's strong but not unrealistically so, and I just really liked her a lot.
-Christopher was best when he wasn't mooning over Adelaide, but I did ship them so that was okay xD
-Mitchell...I don't know. I want to forgive him but ALSO *sobs* MEANIE.
-I'm not even going to lie I'm reading this entire series because of the third one
4 stars!
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
“There are times when we need to hold out faith and hope even when the circumstances seem impossible.”

This. Book.

It’s gorgeously imagined, flawlessly executed, and deeply felt. The characters are multi-dimensional, something that is highlighted even more clearly in the first person narrative from different perspectives. This is sometimes a tricky device to pull off well, but – no surprise – Jody Hedlund achieves it with excellence.

Can you tell I’m still flailing over how GOOD this series is???

Th
Shalini
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 1 in historical fantasy series by Jody Hedlund, the story caught my imagination and wonder with its gripping tale which bespoke of adventure and a promise to keep me enthralled from the first page.

There was a prequel to this, Always which gave me the backstory about the three sisters separated by time. Adelaide was one of them, and this was her story.

Adelaide was my hero, she could everything, ride, hunt, win tournaments, better than he make cousins. She was an orphan, until a visitor revea
Megan
"Evermore" by Jody Hedlund is the first book in the “Lost Princesses” series. This series is one you won’t want to miss! Ms. Hedlund has created a new Young Adult world (that adults also love) with a fairy tale-esque feel. The series is not only “un-put-down-able,” but is also free from a lot of the edgy content one finds in Young Adult books today.

"Evermore" is about the oldest princess, Adelaide. Readers will quickly fall in love with this heroine who is beautiful, noble and kind; but can als
Kailey
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent! It had the right amount of action and romance. I loved it! This new series is captivating! I didn’t want to stop reading! I’m really looking forward to reading the rest of the series!

I was given a complimentary copy of this ebook from the author, but was not required to write a review. The thoughts and comments are my own.
MJSH
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I think we are all in need of taming,” Christopher answered with more seriousness than I expected. “If we are blessed to find someone who is willing to kindly speak truth into our weaknesses, then we shall be better for it.”

This is book 1 of the Lost Princesses series but there is a prequel novella called Always that would be helpful to read before embarking on this dazzling series. Jody Hedlund takes us on a breath-taking journey of medieval YA fairytale involving three “lost” princesses final
Susan Snodgrass
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'Do not underestimate me. I have never cowered from danger and I shall not start now.'

Jody Hedlund's first book in The Lost Princesses is so good! The prequel novella, Always, sets the stage for this one, so it really needs to be read first. Adelaide, who is in reality the Crown Princess Constance, has been hidden for 17 years with a family loyal to her late father and mother, the king and queen of Mercia. When her adoptive mother dies, she reveals to Adelaide her true identity. From then on, da
Beth Erin
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full review on FaithfullyBookish.com

I don't know any young lady (or lady young at heart) who can resist a medieval tale of damsels, danger, and intrigue. Battles of good and evil appeal to our innermost reader desires.

Strategy, bravery, and sacrifice are the foundation of an exciting and captivating plot. The endearing Evermore characters reflect compassion, loyalty, faith, and attraction. Intelligent strategy and well-honed skills are utilized in the main characters' quest and each of them stri
Camille
Set eighteen years after the prequel, Evermore tells the story about the first lost princess, Princess Constance, now known as Adelaide, and what a romantic adventure it was. I loved her journey as she discovers she’s not only one of the lost princesses hidden away at an estate, but is the true queen of Mercia and must rise to reclaim her throne.

There was much I admired about Adelaide—particularly her compassion and wisdom—and I really enjoyed seeing her growth into her true position as queen.
Melissa
These are so much fun. Action and adventure and romance:} An evil King, a lost treasure and hidden princess and a handsome warrior! Yes please. This is well written and has a good story and good characters. This will be one I share with all my girls. They will love it. This is Christian fiction, talk of God and prayers. This is light not heavy with preaching. I am excited to read the next book.
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Oh my goodness, I cannot get enough of this series already! I was already hooked with the prequel, so going in I knew I was in for a great ride, but Hedlund even exceeded those expectations! There were twists and turns that I didn't see coming, romance, loyalty, surprises, and a few moments that I did see coming. And yes, this is a YA book, but even so there were some smooches that are going in my swoony scenes list. I'm not sure if it was my hype about the kiss, the way Hedlund wrote the scene, ...more
Trisha
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the Stars!!! Loved this story!!

I am loving this new series from Jody Hedlund! The story is captivating, the characters are dynamic and endearing. First of all, let me say that you will want to make sure to read Always (The Lost Princesses 0.5) before picking up this story. As the stories build on each other. Always is a pure delight. A stunning, fast-paced story that you don’t want to miss. But let’s return to talking about Evermore!

This story is written in the first-person narrative that sh
Rebekah Gyger
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
After having read Always, I found that I enjoyed this story much more than I had the novella. The moment I realized that Adelaide was able to fight on her own, though not perhaps as well as an Elite Guard, I knew that she was going to be an interesting character.

The relationship Adelaide has with Christopher is an adorable one, and the hesitance in their relationship a reasonable one due to her new found status as Queen. And while I would have preferred that there not have been any romantic inte
Brittany
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evermore is book one in The Lost Princesses series. Adelaide and Christopher were so wonderful in this novel. Both of these characters had a real heart for doing right and caring for others.

Adelaide had a lot of responsibility to accept in this novel and a fight not only to save the people of Mercia, but also to try and survive to save her sisters, as well.

The complex emotions between Adelaide and Christopher were compelling to read about. They both struggled with the right path to take. Was dut
Gretchen
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely novel to begin the series. Adelaide is very much a tomboy, which I did not expect. Although I couldn’t relate to her in that aspect, I still found her story enjoyable to read. There is a lot of action in the book, so if you like adventure this is sure to win you over.
Faye
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adelaide is stunned to learn that she is one of the lost princesses, and the heir to the throne of Mercia. For seventeen years she has lived with Lord Whelan and Lady Susanna of Langley who raised her alongside their two sons, Christopher and Mitchell, in hiding from the evil King Ethelwulf who killed her father, King Francis.

Christopher left his family years ago, tired of seeing the hypocrisy of Ethelwulf's rule, making a name for himself with the King of Norland. His return coincides with Adel
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Jody Hedlund has a gift for writing. No doubt about it. This Lost Princesses series falls right in my sweet spot for reading. I am transported to the world she created with characters I can love and root for without even thinking about it. I love it.

Lady Adelaide is exactly how I think a lady should be. Smart, compassionate, strong and passionate. She isn't afraid to stand up for what she believes is right but she does it in a smart and compassionate way, ensuring the loyalty and love of all tho
Phyllis
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The rebellion begins

My rating is 3.5 stars

Evermore is the story of the rightful queen of Mercia, though raised in ignorant of this fact. Queen Constance had always believed she was Lady Adelaide, a nobleman's daughter left orphaned when she was a very young child.

The premise to this story is great and the quest Adelaide and her cousins embark on to escape from the evil king who now ruled the land leads them on a perilous journey pursued by the king's elite guard.

Adelaide is a strong young woman
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
***4.5 stars***

I LOVE this series. That's all there is to it. I want to keep reading it, but unfortunately, the next two books haven't come out yet. It's probably a good thing, this way I can get a little bit of sleep while I wait for them.

This story has many elements that I love. There is action, adventure, strong female characters, romance, medieval setting, self-sacrifice... if I don't stop now it could end up being a very long list.

Lady Adelaide finds out on her birthday that she is a Princ
Linda
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading the prequel novella, Always, I knew I wanted to read the entire Lost Princesses series. Book One, Evermore, did not disappoint. When the woman who raised her is on her deathbed, she discloses Adelaide’s rightful identity with this request, “God saved your life, Adelaide. And now it is time for you to give it back in service to Him as the ruler you were born to be. Promise you will do so.” Is it true, is she one of the three lost princesses? Will she be able to find her two sisters ...more
Haley S
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first sister of this series! I was so excited to be able to read this book. And it makes me want to read about the twins even more. Plus this story (though no spoilers here!) leaves in a place where I want to read the next stories even more to find out what happens!
I don’t really know what to write about the characters. Adelaide was stubborn yet sweet. However, my favorite character was Mitchell. Like give it a chapter and you’ll be in love with him too. I wish he could’ve been the hero for
Clara
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
“The possibility seemed so remote, even outlandish. But I couldn’t dismiss it.”

Adelaide has grown around playing swords fight, hunting and, overall, being very much loved and protected. And she wouldn’t have it any other way.

But when her dearest aunt on her death bed reveals a secret that can change the future of Mercia, and as Adelaide discovers there’s more behind the reasons her family has kept her so secluded, she will start wondering if her biggest battle is yet to come and if she and her h
Sara Cardon
Another great story by Jody Hedlund! Adelaide rises to challenges. She's adventurous, stubborn, and has a deep desire to find her purpose. Christopher has been away from home for years but arrives in time to aid Adelaide when she's discovered by the usurper king. I love how he tells Adelaide the truth, even if the truth is hard. I look forward to the rest of the series!
2.5 stars.

Oops. I forgot to come back and write a review. What to say...

Here's my feeling about all of the books I've read by this author. They're not bad, per se, they just all read like coming of age stories. This one, since it features a heroine who's just turned 20, reads like a YA novel. And I'm just not into YA. Half of my children are teens and I'm grateful that they're not as angsty or dramatic as most teens are. Which is to say I'm not going to go look for or read angsty/dramatic things
Lynda Edwards
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in Jody Hedlund’s new series, The Lost Princesses. I definitely recommend reading the prequel before this book as it sets up what happens here, helping the reader to understand the political climate and culture, as well as the backstory to the individual princesses and why they had to be raised separately and with no knowledge of who they really are.

That being said, this novel is about the Crown Princess Constance, who has been living under the assumed name of Adelaide, unawar
Calisar
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Piper's Pursuit (Hagenheim, #10)
  • Heart of a Royal (Daughters of Peverell, #1)
  • The Spice King (Hope and Glory, #1)
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • A Clever Alliance (Regency Brides: A Promise of Love, #1)
  • The Peasant's Dream (Hagenheim, #11)
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • A Gilded Lady (Hope and Glory, #2)
  • The Ace of Hearts  (Larkhall Letters #1)
  • A Match for Emma (Mitchell's Crossroads, #3)
  • Christmas at Whitefriars
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • The Earl's Mistletoe Match (Belles of Christmas, #3)
  • Vying for the Viscount (Hearts on the Heath)
  • The House at the End of the Moor
  • Serving Up Love: A Harvey House Brides Collection
  • Storing Up Trouble (American Heiresses, #3)
  • Goodwill for the Gentleman (Belles of Christmas, #2)
Jody Hedlund is the author of over thirty historicals for both adults and teens and is the winner of numerous awards including the Christy, Carol, and Christian Book Award.

Jody lives in central Michigan with her husband, five busy children, and five spoiled cats. Although Jody prefers to experience daring and dangerous adventures through her characters rather than in real life, she’s learned that

The Lost Princesses (3 books)
  • Foremost (The Lost Princesses, #2)
  • Hereafter (The Lost Princesses, #3)