Start by marking “Dance with Me” as Want to Read:
Dance with Me

Dance with Me

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Young readers will find their groove with a spirited tale sure to tickle their toes and have them slapping their knees to the beat.

Two kids bopping down the street get the whole town moving in a lively tale for emerging readers. Noah Z. Jones's bright, energetic illustrations tell a parallel story, while Charles R. Smith Jr.'s rhythmic, rhyming text is guaranteed to get ch
Hardcover, Super Sturdy Picture Book, 24 pages
Published September 9th 2008 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Dance with Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance with Me

Denise
Oct 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book is simple, rhythmic and fun and I'd use it with toddlers. It's marketed as a "super sturdy picture book" and I agree, the pages are a little thicker than usual.
Simple, rhythmic text combined with bright, fun illustrations - a great read aloud at my preschool and toddler story times!
Earl
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun bop of a read perfect for a movement themed storytime.
Cassandra Gelvin
Nov 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Decent book that might inspire dance moves.

It's cute, but there's not really much to it. It kind of sounds like lyrics to a song, all about moving. "Dance with me/twist with me/wiggle, move and bounce with me." Different ways of dancing, and that kind of thing. Two kids go through the town and dance with everybody and then they go home. That's it. There's no story. It's very short. There are very few words to it.

The pictures are cool. It's a cool book. The version I have has nice thick pages. It
Library Quine
This is a really cute book for a lively storytime for little ones. I encouraged the mums and babes to move along to the words and they went for it! There is lots of wiggling and twisting, and some repeated phrases too, "Shake it, shake it, shake it baby!" is such fun. It has extra sturdy pages, and would be a good focus book for slightly older ones, but needs to be in board book format to be a true focus book contender.
Read in Baby Rhymetime 17/Jan/2012.
Isela
Feb 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
This book has "super sturdy" pages because they are thicker than other pages. It is easy to read with colorful pictures. In addition, this is a book with lots of action words. I would recommend this book to pre-kindergarten students.
Inma
Jul 23, 2015 added it
Shelves: storytime
Impossible not to sing along and dance
Tina Bartholoma
Dec 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
"dancing, birthday"
Danielle
This is a book to read while standing up and with some music so you can dance together.
Miss Kelly
Board book with big bold pictures. I was going to use this interactive picture book at Camp Y-Noah.
Okay book. Good book for wiggly kids.
Katrina
May 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 2+ and Baby/Toddler Storytime
This book is simple, rhythmic and fun. The pages are a little thicker than usual which makes this a good gift for toddlers as well.
Anna Fillmore
This worked well with both the baby storytime and toddler storytime.
Nathan  Moynihan
Michelle Gray
Apr 10, 2014
Dec 21, 2017
Alexander
rated it did not like it
Jun 22, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Charles R. Smith Jr. is an award-winning author, photographer, and poet with more than thirty books to his credit. His awards include a Coretta Scott King Award for illustration for his photographs accompanying the Langston Hughes poem "My People" and a Coretta Scott King Honor for his biography of Muhammad Ali, Twelve Rounds to Glory. He is the author of Rimshots, Hoop Kings, Hoop Queens, Tall Ta ...more
More about Charles R. Smith Jr.