Start by marking “Alpha Knows Best (Shifter Kings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Alpha Knows Best (Shifter Kings, #1)

Alpha Knows Best

(Shifter Kings #1)

Shifter King Montgomery Beck has been doing his duty to the high council for the last twenty-five years as he waits to claim his mate. When the time comes, he doesn't care who he has to fight to get Fagan. The sweet little omega is his and he'll defy anyone who gets in the way.

Fagan has spent his entire life in a monastery being trained to serve whatever master he is giv
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 119 pages
Published July 29th 2019 by Self-Published

To ask other readers questions about Alpha Knows Best, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alpha Knows Best

Start your review of Alpha Knows Best (Shifter Kings, #1)
Serena Yates
What an exciting beginning to a new series set in a shifter world that sounds postapocalyptic and has some very special challenges. It all starts with a few well-known elements: an ages-old war between humans, shifters, and sidhe that ended when a three-way peace treaty with certain conditions was signed. A high council holds everything tightly under control, including the omega mates assigned to the shifter kings. Except – there is more than one surprise along the way as the mystery of what is ...more
Aղցela W.
This was a good read and my first time reading this author. Fagan has spent his entire life in a monastery being trained to serve whatever master he was given to. The day before his twenty-fifth birthday, someone comes for him and he's shown a world he has no knowledge of, but one he should have been taught about from birth. When he's introduced to a shifter fate says is his, one who speaks to him in his soul, Fagan has to decide if he believes the shifter king's outlandish tale or if the man is ...more
JoAnn

Meh... throughout this book everything pretty much remained at one level and even when the plot peaked, it was pretty much predictable.

One issue I had with the plot is that Beck is “Shifter King”, as the series is titled, but his pride is only 5 people... Really, while there was a decent amount of backstory on omegas, there was not enough backstory on the overall world itself.

Real talk... I would not pay for this book a second time if I had a do-over.
Nic
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting

So this story had a different spin on Omegas. First they were borned blind and raised in a monastery for the first 25 years of their lives. On their 25th birthday they go to their mates. Shifters are told there are only five Omegas at any given time but soon things appear to be not what they seem. The story was quick and easy to read. The premise was good but it could use a little bit more meat.
llv
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 stars
I thought this to a pretty good book from a new author. I liked the world this author created and liked all of the characters. The story did end on a cliff-hanger so be aware of that. Overall, a good book and I’m looking forward to the next one in the series.
Cheryl
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
I had high expectations for this book after reading the beginnings in the ManLoveFantasies blog.
The idea was great and new but for me it didn't quite make it. The shortness may have been the cause of so many gaps in the story. Fortunately there is a second book that continues on.

The flow of the story would have been improved by a good proof reader. It would have stopped the double takes to work out what a word was meant to be. It would also have caught some of the slips in time and facts.

The aut
Morgan  Skye
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, reviewed
This was a fun series to stumble upon! I like the new world we’ve got here with blind omegas and Shifter Kings. It’s predictable and mpreg so if those aren’t your thing…
The smexy times were good and Fagan eventually comes into his own. Beck is a great but humble Alpha and the conflict is reasonable.
All in all, fun and a great find!

Recommended

Ade
Nov 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
Absolutely terrible writing, filled with filter words and dry dialogue. I lost count of how many "he felt", "he thought", "he knew", I read in the first two chapters only. Staying away from this author from now on.
Andrea
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very nice story - enjoyed.
Fredrick C
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story

I really like this book I really like the way the story was told I really like the characters the written the richness and the way it all came together
dian_puspita
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
It wasn't your typical omegaverse book so it was really refreshing to read this story and very enjoyable too.
Tina
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alpha Knows Best is the first book in the Shifter Kings series by author Aja Foxx. I loved this start to what promises to be a great series. There is a lot that is introduced in this book. A lot of world-building, which really is well done. Sometimes I can feel overwhelmed with information, but the author did an amazing job of doing it just right. I felt the pace was great. The characters are amazing and well done. I felt for them all.
Fagan is an Omega. He is a Sidhe. He is also blind. He can fi
FairyG
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty good

Oooh I liked it. I thought the whole omega plot was new and rather interesting, and I have read so many shifter stories that it is nice to be surprised. I liked the world building scenario, can't wait to see what more of how that works and learn about the ancient peace treaty.

Ok, other feedback.... Spelling mistakes/editing: there weren't 'that' many, but there were enough. Characterisation: Fagan often doesn't understand idioms, but then he uses them and other slang in his own speech
Alicia Gourdine
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
What A Start...

This story was well written and told from beginning to end I wanted to know what happens next! I gave it 4.5 Stars cause there was still so much of the story to be told that wasn't told in this book. And so much of what we don't know that's still to come with the next story I can't wait for Greyson 's story to come out. I really enjoyed the main characters in this story Fagan was so likeable and he didn't let his blindness handicap him or make him a victim. I really enjoyed his an
Mnjones
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
You had me at Alpha

I have never read anything by this author before and l wasn't disappointed.
It started off a bit confusing and a few chopping here and there parts but once l got into it, it flowed really well.
Wonderful dimension to the main characters but l would of liked more description of them.
What did Beck actually look like? Man love was hot, but lacked something to bring you into the moment.
Overall this has huge promise but for me something was missing that really brings you into the sto
Teena D
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sensual

Another author for my library. I didn't put this book down until I completed it. I then immediately looked for the next book in the series which hasn't been released yet. This book had action, really, really hot sex and am Omega that kicked ass with an alpha to back him up IF he was needed. I am so looking forward to the next book in the series, because Ms Foxx is definitely kicking ass and taking names with her writing.
Ute Reichmann
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sheryl Howard
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Something a little different

I follow the Manlovefantasies blog which is where this story idea originally captured my attention. I can honestly say I was thrilled to see something different within the genre. It's not a in your face sex story or a mushy insta love one either; it's just something in between that I'll be curious to see what happens next.
jennifer Jensen
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW, I can't wait for more

There is so much packed into this book it was hard to put down. This is a great fated mate story with enough angst to make it move quickly. The game on shifter kings was similar to Alphas in other stories. The characters are all rounded enough that I would like to read the rest of their stories.
Nicola Wasley
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shifter king and his omega

A great start to a new series. Fagin was brought up believing his purpose in life was to serve his master. Beck knows Fagin is his mate. Finding a way to go forward together as well as what has happened to the other omegas who have disappeared.
Christy
What an outstanding beginning to a new series by a breakout author. The worldbuilding is exciting, the characters are hot, the intrigue is suspenseful, and the sex is damn hot! What more could I possibly want? Oh I'm looking forward to the next novella in the series.
Ross
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a good start

It was an interesting storyline but the characters lacked some development for me, I think there could of been more there is things had not been so rushed after meeting each other.
Ericka Walden
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this! Bummed that there are no other books by this Author... yet...🙂
Bronwyn Heeley
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, paranormal, romance
3.5⭐️
Amy
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beck and Fagan were adorable together, along with the rest of the pride. This could be a really good series! I’m looking forward to the next book.
Ashlee
Aug 09, 2019
H.
Feb 04, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Wolfsbane (Werewolves of Boston #1)
  • Defender (The Lost Pack #1)
  • Unnatural (The Wrong Alpha, #1)
  • Finding Home: Claimed by the Vampire Alpha
  • Enforcer (Bay Harbor Wolves, #3)
  • Mine to Save (Pine Ridge Pack #1)
  • Family Ties (The Family Novak #1)
  • Stay True to Me
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Rogue (Bay Harbor Wolves #1)
  • Mine to Protect (Pine Ridge Pack, #3)
  • Keeper (The Lost Pack, #2)
  • Ties That Bind (The Family Novak #2)
  • All Kidding Aside (Magical Mates #1)
  • Alpha (Bay Harbor Wolves #2)
  • Illuminate (The Magic Users of Greenford #1)
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Wood (True Lover's Stories, #2)

Shifter Kings (2 books)
  • Savage Bite (Shifter Kings #2)

News & Interviews