Start by marking “Forbidden Bond” as Want to Read:
Forbidden Bond

Forbidden Bond

Vampires and werewolves are historical enemies. When the Peace Accord that imposes an uncomfortable armistice between the species is threatened, the entire supernatural community must respond.

Young vampire heir Sinclair Davis successfully petitions the council for permission to attend a werewolf dominated university. Surrounded by a pack of unwelcoming wolves, Sinclair’s
ebook
Published December 23rd 2019 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Bond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden Bond

Start your review of Forbidden Bond
☆ Todd
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Werewolves are prickly, obnoxious assholes. Until you get to know them.

After the Great Wars, there was absolutely no love lost between the vampire and werewolf races, but 26 y.o. Living vampire Sinclair insisted on earning his PhD from Borson University, an esteemed werewolf school, and would not be deterred.

Upon arriving at Borson, Sinclair was immediately met with hostility from his werewolf roommates, but he refused to let them run him off, as he had a degree to earn, and no amount of
☆ Todd
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

Werewolves are prickly, obnoxious assholes. Until you get to know them.

Elke
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vampires and werewolves are enemies, yet at the moment they live in peace, after the Great War had killed many of them. But that doesn't mean that vampires and werewolves still don't hate each other. This doesn't stop Living vampire Sinclair from applying to a werewolf college to study supernatural history, as they are the only ones teaching that particular subject. Sinclair is forced to live in student accomodation filled with nothing but a pack of young werewolves who hate his guts as soon as ...more
Mary Kirkland
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sinclair was admitted into the Borson werewolf university through an exchange program even though he is a vampire. Since vampires and werewolves don't get along...at all this worried his parents quite a lot. Sinclair was a living vampire which is exactly what it sounds like, he was born a vampire but has yet to be turned so he can still be hurt or killed like a human.

Mitchel is the alpha for the werewolves at Borson University. He always has female werewolves flirting with him even though
Joyfully Jay
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

This story caught my attention because I am a fan of vampire/shifter pairings (you can see my Favorites list here), as well as enemies to lovers stories. Forbidden Bond works really well showcasing both of those themes. The story actually has a bit of a Romeo and Juliet vibe to it. We have two factions, the vampires and werewolves, with historic animosity and a barely contained peace. Both Mitchel and Sinclair are the children of prominent families in their
Achim
2.5
Reading the synopsis Forbidden Bond should have been right down my alley but the holes in the world building were just too big for me to ignore and that's maybe also one of the reasons why I wasn't able to really connect to the romance. It was a nice pastime, though - until the unnecessary torture scene. (view spoiler)
Kathryn Manzella
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forbidden Bond is the first book in the They Bite series byLee Colgin. This is an m/m shifter romance with no mpreg. I am hooked on this and need more books about this universe immediately.
Seriously though, the world created here fascinated me. The characters - vampires, werewolves, humans- they called to me to hear their story. The story told here was interesting and entertaining. A mix of angst, humor, sweetness and heat. I love the enemies in a sense, turning into friends and then lovers. I
Steph ☀️
***3.5 stars***

This is a first for me from this author, and I did enjoy it :-) I liked the story and the news updates through the book that helped tie/explain things. I can’t wait for the next one, which I assume will be Nathan’s story.
Amy
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-them, arc-s
This was a wonderful story, a lot sweeter than I thought it would, seizing as Sinclair and Mitchel were supposed to be enemies. Once they got to know each other thought, things changed. It had a very sweet ending too!
Sophie
Not a bad book per se but this feels like a re-hash of all the urban fantasy tropes in one book. There was nothing in there that I haven't seen, and most it it I've read about at least four or five times. The story was predictable, the dialogues often wooden, the relationship insta-lovey and even the main characters felt generic and were only defined by their (blurry) physical attributes. The writing style was at best invisible, at worst clumsy. It often felt like lower-tier fan fiction :/

Charlotte
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sinclair Davis is a young vampire who is forward thinking. There is a political debate being undertaken about revealing the existence of the supernatural world to humans. Sinclair has decided that he wants to attend a werewolf University. Sure, there’s a truce between vampires and werewolves but Sinclair knows that it’s a tentative peace. There’s a lot of judgement and assumptions and, sometimes, outright violence. Sinclair is convinced that attending the werewolf university is the thing he ...more
Faye Kennedy
A new author for me with this book which I received as advance reader copy.
A great start to the story as they hate each other on sight well Mitchel does. Brilliantly told with both POV's of Sinclar and Mitchel. Scenes are never boring as the tale progresses forward. Other characters add to the story, peace and war always on the edge. Drama and bad scenes toward the ending but concludes with a HEA. I enjoyed reading this book and being the first of more to come in the series.

The world's between
Coline Peterson
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sinclair is a living vampire attending Borson a werewolf University to his get his doctorate in the study of Philosophy of Historical Supernatural Studies in an exchange program with Moore the vampire University. Having faught each other in the Great War vampires and werewolves aren't on good terms so it is difficult at best for Sinclair and when the Alpha Mitchel shows up days after and attacks him it makes it worse until they start working things out. Slowly they begin to build a relationship ...more
Devoted♥Reader
Yes, deer

I love enemies to lovers and when you add in vampires and werewolves, well, it’s an automatic winner for me. Sinclair is brave, clever and I think forward-thinking when he makes the decision to study at a werewolf university. He and Mitchel have an unforgettable introduction but despite the mistrust they have a strong pull to one another. Mitchel surprised me with his actions and personality. He’s an alpha no doubt but he’s also very open and willing to venture into the unknown.

Marlou (life_of_a_bookdragon)
This book was provided to me by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book was so cute, omg *heart eyes* I thought it was just gonna be another cliché paranormal romance book with flat characters and bad dialogue but damnnnn this was fun!

Writing style: The style was great! Everything was flowing nicely together and I was flying through the pages. The worldbuilding was well done, just enough information was given to understand what kind of world we're dealing with and no infodumping.
michaela ⚘
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2019, arc
Vampires and werewolves are a bit of a weakness of mine. And, together? Yes, please, thank you.

Sinclair is one ballsy vampire. He’s decided on what he wants to pursue in college -- and it just so happens the college he’s chosen is a werewolf one. Werewolves and vampires do not get along but Sinclair is up for the challenge.

Mitchel is an alpha and in charge of the pack that attends college. He’s less than thrilled when he learns about Sinclair...but neither man can seem to stay away from one
Ivy
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Forbidden Bond by Lee Colgin was my first book by the author and won't be the last.
Sinclair is a living vampire, meaning he's born vampire but hasn't be turned ...yet. He's chosen to join a werewolf college to learn about supernatural's history
Mitchell is a werewolf, the Alpha of the college pack who hates vampire, he doesn't want Sinclair housing with his pack. He doesn't want a vampire period.
Vampire and Werewolf are enemies and after 2 great war they decide to have a truce. For years it works
David
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I rescived an ARC of this book from Neutrally, in exchange for an honest review.

This book was absolutely adorable!
It's a really quick read... I managed to read it in a couple of hours, it's easy to get into, the characters are lovely and the plot is great.
There's a enemy to lover situation going on, which is one of my favorite tropes!
I just wished this was going to be a series, and not just a stand-alone.
I wanted more of these character, and I wanted the love so be a bit more slowly
Claudia
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked it but I think it could have been a 5 star read ... there was a lot of potential in there which could have been used differently or with a bigger impact.
So it was a good read which I really enjoyed and a couple, which I would like to see again (maybe a second book is possible... although not very likely from the way it ended)
Celeste
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This was better then expected, sweet, sexy HOT, intriguing with all the right stuff. I enjoyed this different take on the shifter/ vampire life, I could definitely read more from this author. The steam scenes are super hot but not overwhelming . The sweetness was just right and I’m left wishing there were a couple hundred more pages.
cupcakes and bookshelves
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgallery
I would have liked to have seen more badass in parts, but I still loved this insta-love between enemies story. This m/m shifter romance was fascinating and held my attention throughout.

*COPY kindly given by NetGallery in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much*
Amy
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-them, arc-s
ChaosMoondrawn
I would rate this 3.25 stars

Historically enemies, there is now a peace treaty between vampires and shifters. As vampires push to announce their existence to humans in the face of technological advances in order to control the PR, many shifters disagree, threatening the peace. The real problem is that it's just an armistice: there is no integration or friendship. Sinclair, a living vampire, has been accepted at a shifter college for graduate study, which is an historic opportunity. His father,
Kimi
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Forbidden Bond is the first book in the They Bite series by Lee Colgin. This book has vampires, shifters (including wolves), and other supernatural groups. In this book we mostly learn more about the wolf shifters and vampires. I enjoyed reading this book, and there are a few things I liked about this book.
First, I thought the story was engaging and it had me hooked from the beginning. When I started to read this book, I was only going to read for a little bit and then go to bed. Instead though
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've read quite a few books that just haven't quite hit the mark, it was great to finally come across this one that ticked all the boxes. Forbidden Bond is the first book in the They Bite series, based on this one, I don't think that it will be the last that I read.
In this world, supernaturals have come to an uneasy truce, but they are far from friendly with one another. Sinclair, an as yet still living vampire, wants to attend a werewolf university and learn more of the history of the various
Dani (ダニ)
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books, m-m-books, arcs
I recieved this as an arc for an honest review

I actually really loved this. I've read and watched many Vampire and Werewolf related stories and I've always loved those. What I've never read is such a book but with a relationship between a Vampire and a Werewolf as the main romance. That was very interesting and brought more unknown territory to the characters and the world. I really enjoyed that and I'm glad to hear that this is suposedly a series because I'd love to read more in this world.

The
Tina
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Forbidden Bond by author Lee Colgin is the first book in the They Bite series. I loved this story. I liked how the author took paranormals I know and love and gave them a twist. They are not what I expected. I love a good paranormal love story; it is my favorite genre. I loved the twists in this book.
I want to know more about the vampires now as well. It is always great when the first book in the series makes me excited to read more. There is a great pollical battle going on in this book that I
Meghan
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from NineStar Press, LLC in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I loved this book through and through. Being a fan of New Moon and learning about the rivalry of the wolves and vampires took me back and I loved it. Now it's Sinclair the young handsome vampire and Mitchel the alpha handsome wolf must live and work together, all hell breaks loose. Now with a group of human rebels on the loose and
Devoted♥Reader
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, deer

Sarita Chapdelaine
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book was provided by the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review.

This is an intriguing story with great characters and the world building is excellent. Sinclair and Mitchel are an interesting couple with huge obstacles to deal with. Vampires and werewolves do not get along at all and they definitely do not date so when Mitchel and Sinclair first meet things do not go well. I love how their relationship evolves and they have a strong connection as well as

• The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Big Bad (Big Bad Wolves #2)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • His Elder Dragon (Divine Dragons #1)
  • Little Red (Big Bad Wolves #1)
  • Fight for This (For This, #1)
  • Rago
  • The Wolf and the Sparrow
  • The Musician and the Monster
  • The Dichotomy of Angels
  • Howling on Hold
  • Runaway Omega (The Wolves of Rocky Ridge #1)
  • The Enchanter's Heart (The Ellwood Chronicles #4)
  • Sanctuary (Wrecked #1)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Sentinel (The Lost Pack #3)
  • Candy Hearts (So Over the Holidays, #2)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)