Start by marking “The Eleven” as Want to Read:
The Eleven

The Eleven

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  10 reviews
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Keira has sworn to kill the men who
imprisoned and abused her as a child.

REVENGE

Rowan is an assassin who
chooses a girl over his mission.

LOVE

Sirris is the first slave to ever
escape the Drosaws, and the
first to ever encounter a Dragon.

UNDERDOG

Dess is a Kyte, and his powers
are beyond anything his realm
has seen before.

Published December 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Eleven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eleven

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Eleven
Khurram
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

A good dark tale of revenge. I did like the story, there is a lot of darkness in the book, and a thread of destiny as well. I would have given this book 3.5 stars, but I think it definitely deserved a round up rather then down.

Eleven man carried out monstrous acts on a young girl, breaking her physically and mentally. Now the woman seeks revenge. With the help of magical items, creatures, friends, fate and courage she will not
Michael
Jan 15, 2020 added it
Recommends it for: Grimdark fans
Recommended to Michael by: The author
The quality of the writing is very good and all you Grimdark fans out there will likely love this one.

I am afraid that the nature of the content caused me to DNF this one at 50%

Rape, torture and violence of a nature that was too much for me to cope with; culminating in male dismemberment at 50%.

I won't be giving it a rating as I failed to finish the book.

I may check out some other books by this author as they look more likely to suit my now sensitive disposition.

Thanks for reading.
Dianne
Eleven men of power did the unthinkable to a young girl, but Keira survived, broken, filled with hatred and on a mission for revenge. Will it be as sweet as she hopes? Will it heal the divide within her? She has lived in the shadows, alone but that will soon change.

Rowan is on a mission to kill Keira, but his heart gets in the way. Joined by the escaped slave Sirris, a young dragon and Dess, whose magic is powerful, these four will join together in an unlikely alliance to change the darkness in
David Morgan
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
In this very adult fantasy told in the POV's of Keira, a young woman, held captive and sexually abused from the age of eleven, having escaped her captors with revenge as her guide. Rowan, an assassin sent to kill Keira. Sirris, a Glub escaping enslavement who winds up in the dragon's realm, and then Dess, a tree Kyte in search of a better life. This well written story is grand in it's scope and detail while at the same time rich in its character development. This fantasy comes complete with ...more
Rosie
Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it
For fans of Game of Thrones, then I definitely recommend that you get your hands on a copy of this book!

What a rollercoaster of a book this was!

I will start off by noting the trigger warnings of rape, sexual abuse, paedophilia with strong language and violence.

What I liked...

Sometimes I find multiple POV very difficult to follow, so when I saw that there were four different characters, alarm bells did start ringing. Fortunately, they were all very easy to follow and flowed really well.
Aizlynne
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story is for readers 18+. It contains a lot of gore, attempted sexual assault, sexual assault, and talk of rape, though no "on screen" rape.
This book is quite the ride. The amount of crap that the characters are put through is immense. The narrative jumps back and forth between characters and timelines. That can be somewhat confusing. Warning: there is no HEA in this story. While I appreciate how it ended, I feel like I need a light, fluffy romance or something to cleanse my palate.
library_of_your_dreams
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book received for free via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book is a grimdark adult fantasy. There are frequent mentions of sexual assault as well as violence.

The plot in this is revenge driven. One of our main characters is looking for revenge and will do anything to get it. This caused some of the plot to be predictable, but there were other variables at play which freshened up the story.

I really liked the unique species and world-building in this novel. There were a couple
Nastasia
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Eleven by Paul Gaskill
4.5/5 stars
This book was on my January TBR for 2020 and I can happily check it off as read.
This fantasy story has it all, it has love, it has revenge, there is an underdog, there is also magic and don’t forget the dragons. This story has all of the things I enjoy in a fantasy novel and the cover is interesting and unique. Once I started this story, I could not put this book down, it is a fast read as you flow through past and present.
We follow four different
michellea_reads
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it

Trigger warnings: for 18+

This fantasy novel about political intrigues is fascinating. Written from the POV of multiple characters, this book is suspenseful and the characters are flawed but likable. What I like about this book are the characters having different aims and agendas, you'll just have to keep turning those pages. The amount of details in the story is also captivating; they make a compelling world, rich in history and tradition.

What I didn't like about the book: it contains
Paul Gaskill
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I don’t want to sound big-headed here, but this book is definitely an eleven out of ten. I thoroughly recommend it!
Paperbackadventure
Fran Whitley
Melissa Nettles
Natasha
Dec 30, 2019

• Mortal Engines (The Hungry City Chronicles, #1)
  • Redeeming Love
  • American Dirt
  • Practical Magic (Practical Magic #1)
  • Fall for Me
  • Fall Of Hope (Return Of The Fae, #1)
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
  • Fangs For Nothing (The Vampire Detective, #1)
  • Sacrifice (The Tate Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Metal Guardian: An Urban Fantasy Adventure (Rings of the Inconquo Book 2)
  • The Superhero Wives Collection
  • Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath, #1)
  • The Tenant
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • Darak (Dakonian Alien Mail Order Brides #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency #51)
  • Fae Curse (Yew Queen, #1)
  • Blood of a Promise (Kings of Sterling #1)
  • Punpkins For Cheap

Paul Gaskill is a fantasy author from the UK. He was born in August '91 and completed his education at John Port School in Derby, where he took a liking to Mathematics. Fast forward a number of years and Paul studied Mathematics at University, then became a Financial Adviser. Despite the career in numbers, Paul's secret love was letters, and his novels were created during the evenings when