Start by marking “Hot Potato (Seacroft, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hot Potato (Seacroft, #3)

Hot Potato

(Seacroft #3)

As Seacroft’s resident weirdo, Avery proudly flies a lot of freak flags. It’s a constant battle to be taken seriously when everything, from his red hair to his sexuality, makes him stand out in this small town.

Small towns are also a terrible place to keep secrets, and Lincoln has a bunch of them. But his demons aren’t going to hold him back from his dream job at the
Published September 16th 2019 by Allison Temple Books

To ask other readers questions about Hot Potato, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Potato

Start your review of Hot Potato (Seacroft, #3)
Ele
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it
*2.5 stars*

Oh how I HATE writing this kind of reviews. Not because it’s a “bad” review (we like what we like) but because this book comes from an author I know I click with. I really, really liked Cold Pressed and I had very high expectations about this one. So I’m super bummed that I did not love this.

The bright (literally) spot in this story is Avery. I LOVED his character. First because he’s a ginger (the real deal; bright red hair, pale skin, freckles for DAYS!) and you know my feelings
Cadiva
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hands down my favourite of the series and yet for the first half of the book the MCs are only friends.

This is also a bit more angsty in relationship terms than the other two in the series but it has two incredibly likeable characters to compensate.

Avery is adorable, he's not your typical hero clutz, his anxieties and clumsiness stem from a painful experience in his teenage years.

Linc's not your typical firefighter either. He's not doing the job out of a burning desire to make a difference but
.Lili.
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed Hot Potato by Allison Temple.

Three things attracted me to the book:

-Redhead MC
-Adorkable awkward MC
-Firefighter!

All shallow, I know, but I couldn't help myself. As I mentioned above, overall, I enjoyed it. I liked the MCs, and the relationship progression had a natural pace. I would've rated higher, but two things stopped me:

1.Unnecessary subplots
2. The dreaded misunderstanding. I'm not a fan of miscommunication.

3.5 Stars
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
The synopsis for Hot Potato drew me in and as I do try to read a few new authors each month, I decided to grab it for review. There was a lot I enjoyed about this story, but the drama and miscommunication between the two main characters took away from the charm and romance of this story leaving me a bit disappointed.

Avery has been out and proud since he came to Seacroft at age 15 to live with his aunt and uncle after his super religious parents kicked him out for being gay. Being a ginger, gay,
Joyfully Jay
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

I’ve been with the Seacroft Stories series from the very beginning, and I think Hot Potato may be my favorite of the three. Even though it contains its share of angst, there is a little more humor to balance it out. From a smoking sweet potato, to the sweet dialogue between Avery and Link, the story moves along at a great pace and is smoothly written in the third person.

I quite like Avery and Linc. They definitely “meet cute” as they say. Their continued
The Critic
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Just to say that if the content was as inspiring as the blurb, I'd have rated this story 5 stars.

What a disappointment! Unfortunately, it's not given to every author to write a humorous story that wouldn't sound overdone, or below par, at some point in the development... I love the books that make me smile, and love even more the books that make me laugh... but hate those that make me laugh only to make me scowl later on... like this one. Because of the ramblings and the change in the
Kaila
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wow this was something.. it was amazing and heartfelt.. it was real and raw.. the emotions and personalities were on point.. i loved it so much. it made me smile and feel with them. loved it
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, m-m-nerdy-men
This book was a delight. I loved loved both men. Loved the awkward. You already know I’m a sucker for the nerdy men. I’ll tell anyone who will listen that they are the best partners. And this story was everything I love about them. Two men with crappy family situations finding each other in a crazy happy stance.
The writing was on point, the side characters were great. This story had me swooning, had me hawt and had me laughing out loud. This book is part of a series and a past character does
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the third book in the series, and if you have read book 2 you will remember Avery well from his lessons in creating healthy juices with Oliver! I was glad that he got to have his own story, as he was pretty crushed by the experience, poor man.

He has finally managed to move out of his super-supportive uncle and aunt's house, and immediately manages to overcook a sweet potato to the extent that the fire service
Anna Torres
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet Love!

Avery, fairly young, just left his Aunt and Uncle’s house to live on his own. People do not take him seriously, maybe because he looks young and he is a little clumsy. Although it belies how good he is at numbers.

Lincoln, now a firefighter and just started with a new firehouse. But he is keeping some secrets, some personal stuff that he is quite adamant on keeping. Answering to a call for a small fire emergency brought him face to face with someone might be attracted to, which he
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a sweet and gentle story about two men finding each other and growing into themselves. Firefighter Linc first meets Avery when he’s called out to a fire in Avery’s kitchen. With Linc firmly closeted and Avery plagued by insecurities, their connection is slow and awkward at first but ultimately the two men make each other stronger and help each other grow.

I didn’t recognise Avery from Cold Pressed until Linc made a
Veronica
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I liked a lot of things about this story. I liked Linc and his friends and colleagues at the fire station. I liked the way Linc wanted to take care of Avery. I liked the small town setting and seeing the two men mature and deal with their family issues.

What I loved about Hot Potato was Avery. For me he stole the show (or book in this case). I loved his mishaps, his run- on sentences, his bravery at dealing with difficult
Erika
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mine, 2019, favorites
9.29 reread - Having read all three now, I can honestly say this is my favorite. I still love Avery and of course, him and Linc together.

Original review - Thanks to the publisher and author via A Novel Take for the complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is my first read in the Seacroft series, but the story stood on its own. There was one scene with Oliver, a previous MC, but there was enough backstory supplied for it to make sense.

I loved Avery and Linc and their meet-cute
Amy Aislin
This must've been exactly what I was in the mood to read because I opened it up, started reading, and never wanted to put it down. And all of that has to do with the cutest cinnamon roll character ever, Avery, who's the most adorable thing since bunnies. I adored everything about him.

There were times I felt disconnected from his love interest, Lincoln, but he and Avery were a good fit together, and I enjoyed their friends to lovers romance.

Three, possibly four, subplots remained unresolved by
Valerie
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anabela.M.
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first two books in this series are incredible in their own right, but Hot Potato is beyond amazing. Lincoln and Avery are the sweetest, most endearing characters and I'm absolutely in love with them.

Avery is a cute,adorable,walking disaster. He's also funny and kind hearted, so it's no surprise that Lincoln can't get enough of him:

"𝑯𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒄 𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒏’𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓. 𝑯𝒂𝒅𝒏’𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒇𝒐𝒓."

Two men with difficult pasts meet and their souls see their loneliness
Sam Burns
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary-m-m
Avery is me. He's you. Avery is every single reader, having made a simple mistake that ballooned out of control, and before he knows it, a fire truck is pulling up outside his house.

The difference between us and him, of course, is that one of the firemen who shows up at Avery's door is a beautiful, sweet man who looks past his clumsy, awkward exterior, and falls for the clumsy, awkward heart and mind inside.

Allison has built a thoroughly realistic small-town community, two relatable characters,
Kendra T
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, own-review, firemen
Avery and Lincoln had some difficult experiences with family in the past. They had a lot to work through in order to find happiness within themselves and to find and work for true love. They were sweet together. Even though he was trying not to be out, Lincoln really couldn’t stay away from Avery. He was captivated right from the beginning. There were some angsts situations that I was expecting to get heavier, but luckily they weren’t too bad. This was sweet and I liked reading about them.

I am
Jess Gabriel
I love love love Allison Temple and this series! This was my favorite installment and I'm so bummed that we won't get anymore anytime soon.

The combination of a charmingly awkward MC and hottie fire fighter MC were fabulous. All of the characters in this one were so wonderful and I wanted more of everyone.

There was a secondary plot hiccup that could have easily been resolved, but other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed this.

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review
Rachel Reid
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Completely adorable and very funny. I really enjoyed this whole series, but I think this one was my favourite.
Alex
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance
3/4
The best in this series!
Jenny Wood
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Avery and Linc.

I was so excited to get to know Avery, because I’d felt so bad for him in Oliver’s story when he gets the wrong idea and faces Oliver’s rejection, no matter how gently he’d let him down. I just hoped so hard he’d get his own story….

Avery was kicked out as a teenager when he told his parents he’s gay. His father hurled insults at him until he packed a small bag, but it would affect the way he sees himself well until his adult life. Not being wanted by your parents is bound to
Kat E.
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
This is the third installment of the fabulous and quirky series set in the town of Seacroft. Avery has flaming red hair and manages to match that color with constant blushes from his adorable mishaps. He was a true delight!
The opening scene is almost too cute for words and will explain the title of the book. I want you to enjoy the beginning as it was so funny and sweet. I could not stop smiling. The author alters between light-hearted and darker themes and creates very believable
❤Sharonica-Logic❤
Sweet and Hawt!

Hot POTATO! HAWT POTATO!
Allison Temple

This is book #3 of the Seacroft Series, and it does fully stand alone. That being said, I do plan to go back and read the first two books. Why? Well, that's simple really, this was my first read by Temple and I fell in love with her style.

The story itself is sweet and endearing even though I wanted to smack a few folks here and there. That's good too though, because it means I am invested in the story and characters.

Avery is a sweet 26 year
Charlotte
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance, fiction
It's a flaming sweet potato in a microwave that introduces accountant, Avery to firefight

er, Linc and it's attraction that forges their friendship. The problem is that Avery is out, he's pretty much always been out. Linc is a firefighter with a homophobic father. He hadn't figure out how to be himself in a world where people like his brutal father exist.

Linc's life has been a bit challenging at times. Sure, he's happy being a firefighter even in a small town where they mostly deal with false
Elle
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoyed this story, my heart nigh on broke for Avery in the last book, and I so wanted him to get his happy ending.

The storyline was so good, and the characters believable. Both Avery and Linc needed one another, and the way in which they connected was awesome. They're both lonely souls, full of sadness and insecurities, together they're funny and find happiness. This is a story about two people coming together, beginning to believe in themselves and each other, and becoming stronger in the
Emily  Muddle
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, adorably awkward Avery stole my heart in book 2, Cold Pressed, and I was so excited to read his story and see him get the HEA he so deserves. I was not let down! Despite what others in the town think about him, Avery is strong and resilient, and is very caring and loyal to those around him. Working at his uncle's accounting firm, Avery hasn't had much of a chance to spread his wings but that all changes when he gets an awfully tempting offer. The only thing holding him in Seacroft is his ...more
Autumn Breeze
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seacroft is my favorite place to go. I utterly adore everything about it.

Hot Potato is the last book in the Seacroft Series—for now.
And, as far as finals go, Hot Potato was a strong finish.

The first time I met Avery in Cold Pressed, book #2 in the Seacroft Series, I was curious about him. He was awkward and shy but sweet and so eager to make a friend, it seemed. Now, I understand why. In Seacroft, he was the weirdo, the gay kid smuggled in by darkness because his parents couldn't accept he
Beth
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Hot Potato is the third book in the Seacroft series however it is a completely independent story so you do not have to have read the first two in order to enjoy this one.

Avery, a self-conscious and klutzy accountant meets Linc, a hot, closeted fireman when he sets a sweet potato on fire in his microwave. As they become friends, and then more, the baggage that both of them carry gets in the way of them having a smooth path to love.

The book was slow going for me at first and to be honest I found
Sherry
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it

If you liked the other books in the Seacroft series, you’ll probably like this one, too.

The story centers around Avery, first seen hopelessly crushing on another man in the previous novel, and Linc, a new firefighter in town. Avery can be kind of a disaster at times, which is what leads to their meet-cute when Linc responds to the call after Avery manages to set a sweet potato on fire in his microwave. Linc is firmly in the closet, but he can’t manage to keep his distance from Avery.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Resonance (Rhythm of Love #2)
  • Homeward Bound (Pine Cove #3)
  • Motorcycles and Macarons (Hearts of Snow Lake #1)
  • Now You See Me
  • Dine with Me
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Arctic Heat (Frozen Hearts, #3)
  • After the Crash (Small Town Hearts #1)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)
  • Second Song (Sugarhouse Blues, #1)
  • Summer of Hush
  • Starting from Scratch (Starting From, #2)
  • A New Empire (Fog City, #3)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas

Seacroft (3 books)
  • Top Shelf (Seacroft, #1)
  • Cold Pressed (Seacroft, #2)