Start by marking “Red Rock Recollections, Volume I: Fascinating Stories of Utah's Dixie” as Want to Read:
Red Rock Recollections, Volume I: Fascinating Stories of Utah's Dixie

Red Rock Recollections, Volume I: Fascinating Stories of Utah's Dixie

A compilation of historical feature stories published in St. George News and appearing in print with its permission, Red Rock Recollections, Volume 1: Fascinating Stories of Utah’s Dixie presents brief histories about Washington County, Utah’s most fascinating places, from the Hurricane Canal to the Brigham Young Winter Home to the Zion Tunnel. The stories take the reader ...more
Published August 25th 2019 by Scrivera Press

To ask other readers questions about Red Rock Recollections, Volume I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Rock Recollections, Volume I

Start your review of Red Rock Recollections, Volume I: Fascinating Stories of Utah's Dixie
Gina Salamon
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is much more than your typical travel guide.

The author brings to life local tales and vivid scenes of long ago that had me wanting to pack up the car and point it west immediately, especially this time of year, for the Halloween activities at the Staheli Farm and Western Legacy Farm and Ranch.

In fact, I'm pretty sure we'll be doing just that very soon while being sure to hit all of the spots mentioned in this Volume.

I'm looking forward to Volume II and more compelling recollections!
Deb
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This guide was purchased to be a guide for a family vacation. Because of crazy circumstances the trip was postponed and the book turned out to be reading while staying safe at home. Interesting stories and hopefully the guide can be used in the future.
Killing It Write
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So much more than your typical travel guide!

The author brings even more of the west to life than he did in Volume One with more local tales, rich in history, and a plethora of vivid scenes. I more than enjoyed learning so much about an area of the U.S. that I plan to visit again and again, and all because I can't wait to see everything Reuben has painted for my mind's eye in vivid 3D!
Sara
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short vignettes of history of places of historical significance in southern Utah, from the well known to the obscure.
Angel
Sep 08, 2020

• The Things We Cannot Say
  • Wife No. 19
  • Stay
  • The Last Seed (The Forbidden, #0.5)
  • The Call of the Wild
  • Pass me By (BFF #1)
  • The Danish Way of Parenting: What the Happiest People in the World Know About Raising Confident, Capable Kids
  • Lady in Waiting
  • The Ragged Edge of Night
  • No Apparent Distress: A Doctor's Coming of Age on the Front Lines of American Medicine
  • A Long Walk to Water: Based on a True Story
  • A Wedding at the Beach Hut
  • The Lie: A Memoir of Two Marriages, Catfishing & Coming Out
  • The Need
  • Little Me: My Life from A-Z
  • The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax (Mrs. Pollifax, #1)
  • It Started with a Secret
  • Redeeming Grace (a Halo Christmas Novel Book 1)
A Southern Utah native who grew up in Bountiful, Utah, Reuben Wadsworth is a national parks, Italy and history aficionado.

He is an Aggie through and through, having graduated from Utah State University with a Bachelor’s in journalism. While there, he served first as a sports writer and then as assistant sports editor for The Utah Statesman.

While his day job is a middle school English teacher at Hu

News & Interviews